As a consumer dispute resolution counselor, here’s what I advise with regard to Banfield if you want to get resolution and possibly compensation for your Banfield billing and animal care experiences:
1. Join in on one of the THREE class action lawsuits that are being considered or in preparation against Banfield Pet Hospitals by going to the law firms’ websites and listing your complaints. Definition of a class action can be found at: http://www.claiminformation.com/classactions.htm The more people that sign-up, the greater the resolution and possibility that you’ll be compensated for your emotional distress down the road. The law firms are as follows:
Once there clink on "Inquire About Your Potential Case" and fill out the online form giving specific details of your problems regarding Banfield. Please, make sure that you include either your phone number or send them an email on the link within the "Inquire" link.
Complete the online form outlining your experiences.
Complete the online form outlining your experiences.
Please, make sure that you share your experiences regarding billing issues, pet care (or lack therefore of), names of staff, location of hospitals and if you've ever written to the corporate offices and if so, what was the response if any. Remember, the more people that join the class action lawsuits, the greater the chances of resolution and restitution (financial compensation for your losses and emotional distress).
2. Go to www.ftc.gov (Federal Trade Commission) and file a very quick online complaint. Make sure that you give any contract numbers, names of staff, address of the hospital that you used, leave out unnecessary details and get to the point (short and sweet) and name the CEO as the contact person: Dr. Scott Campbell, CEO, Banfield, The Pet Hospital, 8000 NE Tillamook
Portland, OR 97213. The FTC will issue fines if they receive enough complaints.
3. Google your state’s Governor’s Office or Attorney General’s Office of Consumer Affairs and file a complaint. Most will allow you to do this online. It’s quick and easy just include specific names, addresses, dates, details of problems (short and to the point) contract numbers, if any, and your contact information. Consumer Affairs will
4. Contact the American Association of Veterinary State Boards by calling 1-877-698-8482 or http://www.aavsb.org/ContactUs/ContactUs.aspx and ask them for the website, phone number and/or address for the regulatory board for your state, then file a complaint against Banfield’s license in that state.
5. Write directly to the CEO of Banfield (or at least print and copy all of your complaints to all of the agencies above and mail a copy to: Dr. Scott Campbell, CEO, Banfield, The Pet Hospital, 8000 NE Tillamook Portland, OR 97213 Phone 800-838-6738 Fax 866-477-5120 email: email@example.com
6. Post these instructions on every complaint forum and website mentioning Banfield that you can find on Google.
7. Remember there’s strength in numbers. If you’re not going to take the time to file a complaint then don’t take the time to post a complaint. Change only comes through efforts to make change.
8. Contact the CEO of PetSmart and let them know that you’ll NOT shop PetSmart until they kick Banfield to the curb. They are separate companies but who would want to support a store that allows another business to operate using such bad business practices while being inside their stores? Contact: Philip L. Francis, CEO, PetSmart, Inc., 19601 N. 27th Ave, Phoenix AZ 85027, phone 623-580-6100.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Wellness Plan
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I took my dog in for surgery for Pyometra and she ended up with a damaged esophagus due to the tubes they used during surgery. Not only did Banfield..."
- "I took my 18 week old Siberian Husky to Banfield to be chipped, and he came out with PARVO. He died 9 days later. They admitted he could have contacted..."
- "Elvis was seen on 9/22 for a urinary blockage, Dr. Singh informed us Elvis would die if we didnâ€™t have the blockage removed and refused to put him to sleep..."
- "My wife and I were with Verizon, our phone service for 6 years was great. april 28 2012 adjustments were made to their frequency output and our service's stopped, a..."
- "Michael Bishop has outstanding invoices amounting to about $1000. He cannot pay these bills and anyone who is looking to do business with Eagle Postal Center #10 should be not...."
- "All cited lack of performance for HOA [Home Owners Association] management continue & has retrograded from poor to untenable.Note that G3 provides HOA property management, the subject of this review...."
- "I'm not a regular customer of Dillard's - in fact I don't recall ever purchasing anything from them before an online order placed 7/25/16 for a women's twinset that was..."
- "A horse I bought February of 2015 from Lynda Lake became very unsafe and I was taken by ambulance to the hospital with a dislocated hip and a concussion. I..."
- "My name is Lulu'sUncleTom..... I am a member of Answermug because Im a niggga....Im a butchdyke....and Im Just Askings baby mama ;)My name is Lulu'sUncleTom..... I am a member of Answermug because..."