Banfield Pet Hospital - RIP OFF!!!
I used to go to a local Banfield in Colorado and loved them. I just moved to San Diego and went to the Banfield #0140 at 3396 Murphy Canyon Road , San Diego, CA 92123 and had the worst experience.
My Min Pin was recently stung by a bee. I took her to a local ER for immediate care and Banfield for her follow-up. I made an appointment and arrived on time. It took nearly 40 minutes to be seen by the Vet for a whopping 3 minutes. When the tech came in and spoke to me, she quickly took a glance at my dogs teeth and after a 2 second look said her teeth needed cleaning - I told her that I wasn't going to get their preventative care since I have VIP Insurance. When the Vet came in - looking like she just wrestled with someone in back, her lab coat looked like it hadn't been washed since she got it - she basically scolded me for not their preventative care and then proceeded to give me information that was in contradiction to what I have been told in the past.
As we were getting ready to leave, she stated to bring my dog back in for another follow-up - in a couple days. I went to the second follow-up and thankfully saw a different Vet, but the horrible experience continued. The Vet 'strongly' recommended my Min Pin to get her shots to get her up to date - this would be fine if she hadn't just gone through Anaphylactic shock.
During the second visit, another tech looked at her teeth and even used her nail to scrap the teeth - and as I suspected, her teeth were just fine and didn't need a cleaning - even though the first person during a 2 second look said otherwise. RIP OFF
After another hour long appointment, they charged me over $200 for the shots and a full office visit - even though it was a follow-up - and refused to honor the previous Vet's recommendation of a second follow-up.
Had I known they were going to make the second appointment a full appointment and not a follow-up, I would have waited so my Min Pin wouldn't have to go through more poking so soon after the bee sting.
To top it all off - they took my dog in the back for a good 30 minutes to give her 'shots' that I can't guarantee she even got since they weren't administered in front of me.
I will NOT recommend Banfield Pet Hospital to anyone as it seems that all they want to do is charge you for unneeded procedures.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I took my 4 year old English Bulldog to Banfield yesterday (6/9/12) for emergency treatment. My dog was walking around in my backyard as she always does when she started..."
- "I have been taking my 2 cats to Banfield Pet Hospital (the Virginia Center Commons location) since they were only a couple of weeks old. I have had the..."
- "March 21st we took our daughter's one year old Bishon to be spade. We have been on a well-ness plan that was sold to us for that very reason, yet..."
- "Don't Not Allow This Company To Work On Your Home, Hire Someone Else, Had Them Fix My Roof And Stucco The Front Of My Home, 5 Years Later, A Two..."
- "Don't believe the hype!!! I bought two of these believing they would help my migraine as hyped in the infomercials. I Washed it ONCE and it turned into a..."
- "I booked a nice hotel in New York for 3 people, 1 room for quoted $80. Nice. Offer pops up stating that you can have it even cheaper with a..."
- "I got an email stating my domain 33fit.com was renewed for 9 years and charged 136.53. So I called Go-daddy and informed them I did not make this transaction. They said..."
- "Do not order from them!!! The picture of the nice arrangement of flowers is what I ordered. The other flowers that look like they were pulled from the..."
- "My fifteen year old HVAC system stopped blowing and the technician said it needed $1800 worth of repairs. He recommended replacing the whole system for $11K - $15K since..."