Banfield Pet Hospital - RIP OFF!!!
I used to go to a local Banfield in Colorado and loved them. I just moved to San Diego and went to the Banfield #0140 at 3396 Murphy Canyon Road , San Diego, CA 92123 and had the worst experience.
My Min Pin was recently stung by a bee. I took her to a local ER for immediate care and Banfield for her follow-up. I made an appointment and arrived on time. It took nearly 40 minutes to be seen by the Vet for a whopping 3 minutes. When the tech came in and spoke to me, she quickly took a glance at my dogs teeth and after a 2 second look said her teeth needed cleaning - I told her that I wasn't going to get their preventative care since I have VIP Insurance. When the Vet came in - looking like she just wrestled with someone in back, her lab coat looked like it hadn't been washed since she got it - she basically scolded me for not their preventative care and then proceeded to give me information that was in contradiction to what I have been told in the past.
As we were getting ready to leave, she stated to bring my dog back in for another follow-up - in a couple days. I went to the second follow-up and thankfully saw a different Vet, but the horrible experience continued. The Vet 'strongly' recommended my Min Pin to get her shots to get her up to date - this would be fine if she hadn't just gone through Anaphylactic shock.
During the second visit, another tech looked at her teeth and even used her nail to scrap the teeth - and as I suspected, her teeth were just fine and didn't need a cleaning - even though the first person during a 2 second look said otherwise. RIP OFF
After another hour long appointment, they charged me over $200 for the shots and a full office visit - even though it was a follow-up - and refused to honor the previous Vet's recommendation of a second follow-up.
Had I known they were going to make the second appointment a full appointment and not a follow-up, I would have waited so my Min Pin wouldn't have to go through more poking so soon after the bee sting.
To top it all off - they took my dog in the back for a good 30 minutes to give her 'shots' that I can't guarantee she even got since they weren't administered in front of me.
I will NOT recommend Banfield Pet Hospital to anyone as it seems that all they want to do is charge you for unneeded procedures.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I mistakenly signed up for the Puppy Wellness Plan with auto monthly payments...BIG MISTAKE!... Once Banfield has your credit card on file; you are subject to whatever they choose to..."
- "We started going to Banfield in April 2008....we took our oldest of three poms sofie there first. They did a dental and blood test on her. Everything was going ok..."
- "I took my beautiful Westie to Banfield, Austell GA on 10/21. She had been rubbing and biting her paws and had become very lethargic the day before and wouldn't eat...."
- "Last year I brought furniture. From Bob's. Today I paid it off and purchased new furniture and was offer a warranty on my new purchase but never offered a warranty...."
- "I was still in the process organizing my living room when my sofa was delivered. I subsequently noticed that there was a small damaged spot on the back of the..."
- "AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL I order flowers for my friend who was having cancer surgery on her Birthday on Feb 18th. The website promised same day delivery and even gave me..."
- " Was at Bahama breeze Las Vegas table 201 Britney was the waitress the Hughes Center or service I ever had waited couldn't get a refill And asked..."
- "I almost did this. Thank god I got on here and read the reviews before I did. What got me was that they wanted your payment before they even gave..."
- "Just received the order today and to my dismay the order arrived incorrect, containing two orange camouflage cargo shorts 36 size waist. The correct order should be, one..."