Banfield Pet Hospital - RIP OFF!!!
I used to go to a local Banfield in Colorado and loved them. I just moved to San Diego and went to the Banfield #0140 at 3396 Murphy Canyon Road , San Diego, CA 92123 and had the worst experience.
My Min Pin was recently stung by a bee. I took her to a local ER for immediate care and Banfield for her follow-up. I made an appointment and arrived on time. It took nearly 40 minutes to be seen by the Vet for a whopping 3 minutes. When the tech came in and spoke to me, she quickly took a glance at my dogs teeth and after a 2 second look said her teeth needed cleaning - I told her that I wasn't going to get their preventative care since I have VIP Insurance. When the Vet came in - looking like she just wrestled with someone in back, her lab coat looked like it hadn't been washed since she got it - she basically scolded me for not their preventative care and then proceeded to give me information that was in contradiction to what I have been told in the past.
As we were getting ready to leave, she stated to bring my dog back in for another follow-up - in a couple days. I went to the second follow-up and thankfully saw a different Vet, but the horrible experience continued. The Vet 'strongly' recommended my Min Pin to get her shots to get her up to date - this would be fine if she hadn't just gone through Anaphylactic shock.
During the second visit, another tech looked at her teeth and even used her nail to scrap the teeth - and as I suspected, her teeth were just fine and didn't need a cleaning - even though the first person during a 2 second look said otherwise. RIP OFF
After another hour long appointment, they charged me over $200 for the shots and a full office visit - even though it was a follow-up - and refused to honor the previous Vet's recommendation of a second follow-up.
Had I known they were going to make the second appointment a full appointment and not a follow-up, I would have waited so my Min Pin wouldn't have to go through more poking so soon after the bee sting.
To top it all off - they took my dog in the back for a good 30 minutes to give her 'shots' that I can't guarantee she even got since they weren't administered in front of me.
I will NOT recommend Banfield Pet Hospital to anyone as it seems that all they want to do is charge you for unneeded procedures.f3200ad review #350338
You may also like
- "Benny is 2 years, a "white" malti-poo. Banfield vet recommend and perscribed FIRST SHIELD for ticks ! Well, it was applied correctly ( on the back )..."
- "First Shield Flea Medication sold by Banfield Pet Hospital in Pet Smart is poison. I do Not use Banfield as vet for my animals, but sometimes purchased Front line flea..."
- "I took my 4 year old English Bulldog to Banfield yesterday (6/9/12) for emergency treatment. My dog was walking around in my backyard as she always does when she started..."
- "Finger Comber is AMAZING! I just read over the complaints on this site and disagree. But I do understand what it is like to not understand how to use a..."
- "DO NOT USE THIS COME ANY An pick up service was scheduled from 9am-7pm they didn't arrive because they went to the wrong address. A next day collection was arranged..."
- "So i received an sms regarding of an order and its tracking number is 304913518 . I was confused because i didnt made any transactions. I have lazada app in..."
- "My cat Charlotte was diagnosed with cancer this past September. We had the doctors at the Blue Pearl speciality hospital run tests, do x-rays, ct scans. The doctors said the..."
- "I have a shop on Etsy; rather, had. I've been suspended, twice. In the announcement, it read: "Please check email for a message explaining why, and how to restore account...."
- "We purchased APMEX "MindDirect" 2012 (S) San Francisco minted silver eagles in tubes of 20. We sent these SF Eagles to NGC for authenticated and grading and NGC stated that..."