• show-popup

Location Atlanta, Georgia
Category Pet Medicine
Views 143
Monetary Loss

Banfield has vet Techs and Vet assistants pulling blood and "attempting" to draw blood and place cath's.that have no proper schooling or training to do so.

I know this because I work as a CSC, and I am required to"hold" these sweet animals while unqualified persons torment them in an attempt to prepare them for surgery, that is done as if they are a doughnut at in factory.

My dog, that I signed up on the wellness program, as I was as an employee there..............WILL NEVER GO BACK TO A BANFIELD HOSPITAL AGIAN!!!!!!Please..........do not take your baby to banfield........it is terrible. 2dd0480

Comments (9) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 29, 2013  from Overland Park, Kansas
I would never do business with any vet unless any and every person that handled my pet in any manner whatsoever was fully licensed. If theyre not its a quack factory fast food style operation. Remember youre the consumer. Regardless of what anyone thinks you have the power because you have the $ and can take it anywhere. Another red flag is vets that never seem to want the pet owner to be present when theyre checking the animal out. Steer clear. Any halfway decent should make it a point to have a relationship with both owner and animal.
Reply to fckbigbusiness

Dec 19, 2013  from Norman, Oklahoma
If you had a problem with how pets were being treated in your hospital, why would you not address that with your Practice Manager or Chief of Staff? Secondly, your formal education level has NOTHING to do with your competence in drawing blood or setting IV Catheters. I am a Veterinart Assistant at a Banfield Hospital, and I can tell you that most of our " untrained" girls can draw blood better than our doctors!
Reply to Anonymous

Jan 10
Really? compared to what? I worked for this horrible place and I Know, they can NOT draw blood or anything else like a trained professional. If you think you are all that.........go apply at a REAL Veterinarian, you will not get a job. Banfield is horrible and I will never work for this joke of a place or send a pet of mine to them. I know what I am talking about and that is why I left and I told them the reason I left. Banfield is a death sentence to any pet. Bring on YOUR reasons why you like this place. please.
Reply to slogan

Dec 16, 2013
I work for the company and it sounds to me like your a bitter ex associate
Reply to Anonymous

Dec 13, 2013
Hi slogan - I understand your frustration, and I am truly sorry that your experience at our Atlanta hospital was unsatisfactory. After reading your feedback, we would like to speak with you directly to get more information.

Though you are no longer a current associate, we encourage you to also address your concerns directly through Banfield’s People & Organization team (P&O). While we appreciate your feedback, we are limited in what we can do to address these concerns when submitted online. Banfield has an exceptional support system for our hospital associates, and in order to address concerns, we need feedback in a format that can be escalated appropriately. Again, we encourage you to contact the Associate Relations line at 503-922-5153 or ARTeam@banfield(dot)net.

Most sincerely,
The Banfield Team
Reply to Banfield Pet Hospital

Dec 09, 2013
That is because it costs a lot more to hire a licensed veterinary tech & in most states there is no legal requirement for one. Because of this Banfield, and many other Vet's hire unlicensed techs because they are cheaper. I have worked in both a Banfield & a private practice & they both had unlicensed techs. Until it is made an actual LEGAL requirement this won't change because it all comes down to the bottom line.
Reply to snowbunny

Read next Banfield Pet Hospital complaint

Deceitful

When I signed up for pet insurance for my dogs 5 years ago I was told I could cancel the policies an...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Banfield Pet Hospital.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug