Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Banfield Pet Hospital in Littleton, Colorado - Banfield Wellness Program charged $300 for the year even though my beloved dog died the next day.

I took my sick Shar Pei into the Banfield Pet Hospital because he was extremely sick. There at Banfield they convinced me that we needed to take him to their other location the next day, as it was late in the evening, where they had more extensivex-ray testing equipment to diagnose his problem. They also scared me as to what the costs could be without the insurance so essentially I signed up for the insurance, not knowing what they would find. My beloved dog died that night. I called them the next morning to tell them he died and cancel his appointment they had set. I told them i would pay in FULL for the services rendered the night before and asked them to please cancel the insurance. I was referred to their Banfield Wellness Program 800#, who are very well trained to say "NO!!!!" So sorry your dog died but since you gave permission to deduct monthly payments automatically from your checking account... we will do so for the next year until the insurance is paid in full...you signed up for the insurance. I told them I have no need for the insurance my dog is DEAD! I even tried to get them to transfer the insurance to my daughters dog, as well as inquired that if I got a new dog could they please just transfer the insurance. I am not a rich person and $300 is alot of money to me. They refused. I HATE them and am without my beloved dog and I am now $300 Poorer... they took out every last penny. DO NOT EVER let them talk you into getting their insurance!

we lost our beloved kitty on Feb 6, last week was a *** on earth, Bansfield had us come get our baby to take to another vet to get a blood transfusion but before we left they put her on another 50.00 worth of meds, within 1/2 hour of going to the new vet we had to make the decision to end her suffering, we held her as she passed. Bansfield was a place I trusted now just have a bitter taste in my stomach when I read all these posts, the idea to take the ashes in to them monthly is a good one it will open othes eyes to what they could be looking at if they remain there.... :cry

Sorry your dog died, very sad. Bad field is a great place however, I disagree with you. You would have been charged double that at least if you went somewhere else.

Rjborrego, first of all we want to say how sorry we are for the loss of your pet. You are able to cancel your pet's plan at any time, we are currently unaware of this situation and would like the opportunity to look into this further for you.

Please contact our Wellness Plan Team at 866-649-2716 or wellnessplanrelations@banfield.net. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I was employed there until recently and I can tell you that you DO have 4 days to cancel. It is supposed to be done at the hospital you purchased the plan for.

They were passing the buck as I have seen them do many times. I am really sorry that this happened to you and your pet. A lot of folks don't know this but you can also set your plan to non renew at no extra cost. You will definately have to stay on top of them to make sure that it was done.

I have never worked for a place that emphasis selling so much.

Thats all thyey care about is numbers. I also have a wellness plan but am refusing to take my pet there, that ought to say something.

Also, they said it is not a health insurance plan. It is a "wellness plan" and they should not have sold it to you knowing how sick your dog was.

That's why I say it was bait and switch.

I would take them to small claims but make sure you are very detailed in what happenend and what you were told. :cry

They have been ripping me off for 17 months. Charging me $49.95 a month for what I thought was insurance.

I agreed to 39.95 and because of the Dr.s misdiagnosis when I knew what was wrong with my dog, I had additional charges at emergency vets and then from them. They would not let me discontinue the plan. I had to close my bank account or they would have charged me another six months. However, there is something in the contract which says you have four days to cancel.

I'm not sure if that's a state by state regulation, but check it out. Also they pulled a bait and switch on you. I told them if they keep charging me I'm going to bring my dog's ashes in for regular monthly treatments as per the plan. She said that made no sense.

I said as much as charging me for a dead dog!

I think it's time for a class action suit against them. please contact me.

sorry to hear about your pet--BUT just a little heads up--when you signed that contract--you also signed up for auto renew--what that means after a year they will tie you into another year--my advice on that is to call every month and tell them you do not want to renew the insur.--its a hassle i know but if you don't stay on top of it--they will get you as they have many others--and as bad as it is--you DO have to pay for the year even tho your dog passed away--the auto renew and the pet passing away clause is in the fine print on back of your copy of the contract--no i don't work for them--just went through some of the things you did--so i got smart and read ALL the fine print--

View more comments (6)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona - WORST EVER! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

If you hate your pet and want to be treated like dog #$^& then by all means go sign your dog up for a wellness plan. They treat you like *** if you do not do exactly what they say to do for your animal. We had a wonderful vet there that was very honest but he left and after he left the vultures set in. They have a quota to meet. The doctors are overworked and they are always over booked. We had 4 dogs there for several years and I would not give them a dime of my money if my life depended on it. If you google reviews on Benfield you will see that this is a pattern and they should not be in business! Then there is the Banfield customer service line. After I had been treated horrible from there facility they pretty much told me they could care less. They did nothing to rectify the situation. In fact they said clearly you have a problem with Banfield and we are not going to risk compensating you for our bad treatment. REALLY???? Someone needs to give this manager "Kerri Robertson" a lesson in customer service and retention. I had been with Banfield for several ears with 4 dogs. That is a lot of money I have forked out to these people. Not to mention the thousands in treatments I have paid out while on the plans. Are they thankful for my business -----NOPE! I actually considered giving them one more shot until I spoke to Kelly Robinson today. She sealed the deal on NEVER>>>EVER returning to a Banfield as long as I live! I asked to speak to her manager and she told me she was it. She said she was the top dog and I could take this no further. She said she was able to offer anything she wanted but was not going to offer me one thing because clearly I had an issue with Banfield. I explained to her that I had an issue with one location and I was considering giving another location a shot. She was very rude. She could have cared less how I was treated from that other location. She never once apologized. I had only cancelled my plan a few months ago and I was told by the hospital that I would not be charged a membership fee again as long as it was not several years down the road. Kerri (the manager) would not even waive the membership fee , even after knowing this and knowing how I had been treated by this facility. Clearly she knows nothing about how to keep a customer. She was NOT giving me anything ( i.e the member ship waived (at least)) after the horrible service I had received. If anything that is this should be the reason FOR waiving the fee. Not to mention the fact I was already told I would not have a fee in the first place. I have never been treated like this before. Why I was even giving them another shot is beyond me. Thanks Kerri Robertson for reminding me why I left in the first place!

We're sorry for your experience at our hospital and your frustrations in calling our customer service line. Based on you review, we are unable to clearly identify your account or call records.

We are also unable to identify which Banfield team you have previously spoken with on the phone. In order for us to add these notes to your file and follow up with you, please contact our Client Advocate Team at 877.500.2288 or internet.inquiries@banfield.net.

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Decatur, Illinois - Vet Mis- diagnosed on New Years Eve Big time

My dog Vegas , which he just turned 7 years old in December, he was a small male Maltese about 9 lbs. My husband and I vacation in Florida every year and not without out our dog Vegas. He has never been sick and all his shots were currant and up to date. The night before we took our pet into a Benfield Pet Hospital located at 10500 Ulmerton Road , Largo , Florida in a Pets Mart, he started to not eat his dog food and backed away from the bowl, this was very unusual for our dog, he loved to eat and loved to play. So the next day when we woke he was behaving different as if he were in pain of some sorts. Then out of no where he started this agonizing coughing and scream like noise. The only place that was open being New Years Eve was pets mart. We scooped up out little guy and took him in. Which that was 12-31-11 at 1:40 pm. The Vet seen us and we told him what had happened . During the visit, we had watched him check out our dog and during that time Vegas made the same cough and scream noise. At no time did the vet ever look down his throat, he said to us, to be back in 20 minutes we need to do x rays. As we told him ,when he asked how do we proceed, we stated we need to find what is wrong with our do g so do what you have to do. After we came back he said he has a mild collapsed trachea and prescribed Guaifenesin tabs and K-Pectin oral solution and sent us away. My husband and I got in our vehicle and our dog made that awful sound, this time puking up blood and phlegm . My husband took the towel into the Vet , showed him, he had said he will be fine, he may have broken a capillary to get him home to rest. We left , all that night and the next day we had stayed up with him him, the painful screams and cough were every 15 minutes and we did not want to leave him alone. On 01-01-2012 we placed an emergency call into this vet and told him what was going on and we asked is there anything else we can do to make our dogs breathing easier, he is in Pain. We had also told him that Vegas had puked again this time there was food and meds in the puke with blood and food was from 2 days ago. He told my husband to go and get neo synephrine and put a few sprays in his nose and that was it. My husband went to get it in 20 minutes he returned , sprayed him and then about 30 minutes later it all started up again, it was awful, my heart was breaking for my little buddy, throughout the night my husband kept vigil with Vegas so he would not be alone or as scared. Around 12:00 am that night I awoke, as I had been up for hours and I could not stay away an y longer, I went to my husband and Vegas which were right beside the bed, Vegas looked lifeless, he looked up at me I put him in my hands and held him and he violently puked with a fair amount of blood for the last time and passed away while I was holding onto him. In the middle of the night my brother came over, they made a little coffin for Vegas and buried him on his property. That day I looked at the papers they had given us from the Vets Office Banfield Pet Hospitals with the bill of $471.44. On it they stated, change in energy - no , vomiting- no, pain reported- no, trouble walking - no, trouble breathing- no, no change in appetite, no unfavorable behavior , condition of attitude excellent, was this my dog Vegas that he reported on or was I just seeing things pop out on this paper. No I did not, after looking at this it made me sick to my stomach. We went back and told the Vet Vegas has passed away and showed him again what he puked up. He said I am sorry and I have no answers"˜. We left empty again . This vet dropped the ball on the diagnosis. We were at his mercy ,our little guy needed help and we live out of state and we did what any dog loving owner would do and take him to the vet. From what we have checked out on the internet, our dog did not have a temp and he very well could have swallowed something and had intestinal blockage. Perfectly healthy dog and within 34 hours our dog is gone. We are not vets but to come to this conclusion is more likely than a mild collapsed trachea for the cause of death. We have since found out this vet had 2 ½ years experience, this apparently is not enough. It is very unfortunate for those on vacation with there pet that they are at the mercy of such inexperience. My gut instinct told me that he was wrong in the diagnosis, I only wish that it had not been New Years Day we could have tried to find another vet!!!!!!!

you can't "catch" a leaking/thickening valve without an ultrasound - something which most Banfields don't have. You should have gone to an ER immediately.

Banfield is not an emergency clinic, and if they didn't have any openings, they could not have accommodated you. You wouldn't go to your primary care doctor and demand to be seen immediately if you were having trouble breathing (or another emergency) would you? No. You go to emergency care.

Banfield IS NOT SET UP LIKE AN EMERGENCY CLINIC!!!

Not all vet clinics are the same. The staffing, diagnostic equipment, and treatment options are vastly different at an ER than at a general practice vet.

The same thing happened to my dog. We took him to Banfield and they wouldnt even see him, so they sent us home to make a appointment.

We went to three more Banfields and said the same thing.

We wanted till monday, and the vet rushed him to another emergency clinic not associated with Banfield, and they kept him alive for two more days. Banfield didn't catch a leaking heart valve or thickening of the valve.

Wow, I know exactly how these people feel, I got the pet wellness plan also. Something is wrong with this organization and I pray that they are exposed, for the things they are doing to people and their pets. All for the almighty $BUCK$ :sigh

Stevets36, first of all we want to say how sorry we are for the loss of Vegas. We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals has left you feeling this way.

We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit.

We appreciate your feedback and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. To address your specific concerns, and to help us improve our overall service, we would appreciate it if you would call us at 877-500-2288 to discuss what happened.

View more comments (3)
Review
I worked for Banfield about 5 yrs ago, and the vet I worked under at my clinic was a great doctor and really cared for her patients, I had worked with her before at private clinics when she first graduated vet school, and if I still lived in TN, I'd use her as my...
Review
Our beloved Chippie was killed by Banefield!!! We took him to two Banefield Pet Hospitals one in Conn> and the other in Hurst Tx he was dx with two different illnesses and we spent over 700.00 they r only there to jack up the charges on there little computers and if...
catlover981
#520530

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Please know that you did nothing to cause this.

Please do not blame yourself!

we trust those who are we believe are experts. Peace to you.

Review
I simply want to cancel my plan. Can no longer afford to pay 25/month. Can't get anyone on the phone. Was on hold for 45 minutes to cancel. Tried other options to see if anyone answered. They answered each time, but could not assist with canceling, only the cancel...

I wonder if they will give me any hassle when I try to cancel the last two months of Mia's well-ness contract. You see, they killed the heathy one year Bishon with a botched spade procedure, so now we will not be needing the remaining two months.

Banfield Pet Hospital in Miami, Florida - Sold medication not asked for

Today 1-11-12 this am I went to purchase medication for my pet at banfield animal hospital in Pembroke pines I requested cosiquin ckerk brought out a bottle of rejuvinate & said its the same medication. Cosiquin is a capsule & rejuvinate is a large tablet. upon discovery I returned to scene clerk said then don,t accert return medication. I am 84 yrs old with arthritis in my hands I cant crush pills. I find this very dissatisfing and feel I am out 29.95. Its not just the money I feelthat I have been taken advantage of can you help?

Hey Banfield, considering it was your employee's fault (misleading the customer, saying it was the same product), don't u think u should have returned it? I understand that you can't resell it, but you should just have to eat the cost due to your mistake.

We have a Doctor at the Stafford , VA hospital that gives out the wrong medication or wrong amount all the time. She just doesn't pay attention to what she is doing. It's a shame nothing is ever done about it.

We value your feedback, and we understand how this could be a frustrating experience for you. We cannot accept already prescribed medication.

Once medication leaves a veterinary or human hospital, clinic or facility it cannot be returned and prescribed to another pet or person. These measures are in place for safety reasons, to assure that potentially altered or tainted medications, or those that have not been stored properly, are not prescribed to other patients.

On medication receipts and/or prescription bottles, it states that medications cannot be returned for a refund. Please call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288 if you would like to further discuss your concerns.

View more comments (2)
Loss
This is the worst possible place you can take your pet. I took my 3 year old boxer there because he had been throwing up for two days. I was literally the only person in the office and managed to still be there for two hours. When they finally checked me in, they did a...

Yes...it is a contract. You SIGNED a contract when you signed up, what would make you think that signing a contract means that you are not bound by that contract? The terms are laid out in it, so it's your fault for not reading

Review
THIS PLAN IS A SCAM. The vet office personnel tells you that the plan can be cancelled at anytime but the corporate office advises you that you are roped into a one year contract. We called back in June of 2011 to advise them that we were changing vets and wanted to...

We moved and Banfield doesn't have a location around. They wont allow us to cancel our membership. Do not use this service.

Review
On 11/22/2011 I took my dog to Banfield to have her mouth examined. She had not been eating for a couple of days and it looked like it might be an abcess on the roof of her mouth. I aksed them to look at the roof of her mouth and tell us what was wrong. As they...

We are so sorry to hear about your loss. We would like to look into these concerns further.

Even though you mentioned that you have been in contact with our customer service team, we are unable to clearly identify you from the details listed in your review.

In order for us to pass along these notes to add to your file and follow up with you, we would appreciate it if you would contact us again at 877-500-2288 or internet.inquiries@banfield.net. Again, we are sorry for you and your family’s loss.