Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Banfield Pet Hospital in Katy, Texas - Banfield Animal Hospital-"Really??"

I made an appt. to get my pet annual shots...waited 2 hours to be seen and during the 2 hours kept being told will be a few more minutes...also approached twice to buy their pet protection plan and I told them no...is this why I waited???...noticed others taken before me who did have the pet protection plan...they were seen before me and my so-called appt....My exam room was next to the cashier and I opened my door after hour 1 because I wanted others to know I was waiting and waiting and waiting for 2 shots (with an appointment)...I finally got up and left after 2 hours...best thing I ever did for my peace of mind and for the safety of my pet...this is obsurd..even heard "the vet" indicate she was ready to go home and I had not even been seen yet...in the meantime, my dog is nervous, shaking, and anticipating the worst as most animals do when put in the vet examination room...staff are there for one thing....sell the pet protection plan....try again to sell the pet protection plan....never again...the vets and staff are never the same ones when you go, you always wait whether you have an appt. or not and you are always asked to buy the pet protection plan....beware....money making is the concern of these people, not the pets..I question the credentials of the vets they hire...never again for me or my pet....beware!

Write to the Better Business Bureau, and put this vet out of business.

I think it depends on which Banfield. We live in Kansas and love our vet and the staff here at our local Banfield Pet Hospital.

We've never been kept waiting more than 10 minutes and they have never tried to push off their products on us. They treat my dog well and always call to check on him. I think as with all things you have to have a good fit with your vet and if you don't find a new one. We did purchase the Puppy Wellness Plan after comparing prices with other local vets.

We are saving money by using Banfield. So please don't lump all Banfields into one group because of your bad experience.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for providing this feedback and for bringing this to our attention. It is our mission to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit.

We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals was unsatisfactory. If you would like to address any specific concerns, and help us improve our overall service, feel welcome to call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288 so we can discuss what happened.

Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Vaccination

Ripoff Banfield Pet Hospital misdiagnosing cat

Banfield at Heritage Trace and I-35 W, Fort Worth, TX is treating my 7 year old cat for urinary tract issues. Have been there twice and spent $700 and no firm diagnosis. Gave him a shot of antibiotics September 13 and went in for recheck September 23, infection worse than before. Just running more tests and no antibiotic this time. Tests take up to one week. Told that the cat has been sick for several weeks and not to worry. Vet did not seem very concerned. Cat is still sick. Am filing formal complaint with state of Texas and Banfield. Worried about the cat. Looking for reputable vet now.

To add to the discussion, it is now a week and no firm test results. Told it could take up to another week.

Originally told one week for results. Partial results came in, not enough info to prescribe something. At first I was told results in but could not get them til Dr came back on Sat. After peeling myself from the ceiling, got the above info.

Cat is getting sicker.

As to the question about what tests, etc have been done. A $200 x ray with two exposures. Superchem/CBC/Urinalysis that cost $179.

Plus an injection of antibiotics - another $60. Went back 10 days later and cat was not better. This visit - they took another urinalysis and sent it out for culture and MIC -RefLab (ES) for a total of $257.

I plan on contacting Banfield Client Advocate Team tomorrow.

Been taking care of grandchild last several days. Will keep this thread posted.

Did they do a urine culture? x-rays?

Banfield Pet Hospital

Faye1954- We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit. We appreciate your feedback and I do want to make sure we acknowledge your concerns, to discuss this further please give our Client Advocate Team a call at 877-500-2288.

Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Williamsville, New York - Nothing

I called yesterday to your banfield in cranberry twp. my dog was having trouble breathing and the person there told me to go the the pet hospital on camp horn road. well if i would have took her advise my dog would have died thankfully i call another vet and they said bring him in right now they put a breathing tube down his throat and meds for him if i would have took that persons advise my precious pet would have died as the other vet told me that is air way was almost closed. we then took him to the pet hospital were he was in critical care for 2 days. if you are going to have a vet service you need to have a vet there not just some times but i did ask and the vet was there but she didn't even let me talk to them.is it the money? if you are in this business then your people need to care about the animals and not be so uncaring. i will never that my pets to your place again.. they have not contacted me in any way about there shots or anything your people really need a reality check. you need to find maybe another profession. because this isn't it. i for sure will be telling everyone i know what has happened and i would never refer anyone to your place again. i hope you read this and pass it along to who ever this may concern because pissed off doesn't come close to how i am feeling. shirley goss

I don't know why veterinarians are looked upon differently than human medicine doctors when it comes to their time. Most of the time, if you call your doctor's office, you are not going to speak directly with the doctor.

They are seeing appointments, in procedures or attending to someone sick. You speak with a nurse, and if it something that requires you to talk directly to your doctor, then the doctor will call you when he/she has a moment. Why should you expect anything different from the vet? Our vets are busy throughout the day, but they make sure they return phone calls as promptly as possible.

The nurse/tech is the one you usually are going to speak with.

I agree to the other post regarding the staffing and why perhaps they weren't able to see you. Any number of things could have been going on. Yes, they could have told you to come in...but they were trying to make sure your pet got the most immediate care possible.

I'm glad you were able to get your pet treated, I assume that he is okay now. Please remember that a lot of things happen behind the scene that clients aren't aware of - emergencies happen all the time, surgeries or extremely busy day or staff member out sick.

I certainly hope that you find a vet that suits your needs and gives the care that you are expecting.

Thank you for providing this feedback. It is our mission to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit.

We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals did not meet your expectations. If you would like to address any specific concerns, and help us improve our overall service, please call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288 so we can discuss what happened.

I'm going to try and respond to this post. I'm not sure if I understood it correctly as your composition skills are terrible.

So Banfield told you to go to a different vet because they were too busy to attend to your emergency? YES! That's how it works. The doctor may have been in surgery or attending to another sick animal.

Do you think that he should just leave a pet open on the operating table to talk to you? Let me ask you a question - do you think that emergency rooms and primary care offices in human hospitals are staffed exactly the same way? NO!! Emergency hospitals are specifically equipped to handle emergencies.

Banfields are not emergency hospitals. They aren't run like an ER, just the same way an ER isn't run the same way as a regular hospital. So when they told you to go to a different hospital, they did it in the best interest of your pet. If they were all about the money, they would say, "sure come in" and charge you a lot of money.

An obstructed airway makes a pretty penny. But they didn't because they had YOUR PET'S BEST INTEREST IN MIND!!

Grow up. The world does not revolve around you.

Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service
I bought First Shield Trio my Shih Tzu (4) & Westie (8). My Shih Tzu went NUTS!! He was freaking out after I put the medicine on him. This went on for 10 days! During that time I took him to a different vet, he had a rash, etc. He was crazed because of the...

Used this product on three dogs and have no problems with it.As with

Bandfield I have had great results in care of my pets. :)

Review
I took my dog to Banfield in Deptford b/c of a cyst on her face and wanted a second opinion. They told me it was an abscess and 2 teeth had to come out. I signed up for a dog planned that included dental, except what they wanted to do to her, and an appointment was...

i have two new pups and was going to get the pet insurance from them

now I am scared to take them there I work for a large employer and I am going to ask people I know personally now.

carolgaro@comcast.net

Banfield Pet Hospital in Richmond, Texas - Banfield Veterinary

I have more than 1 hour trying to contact Banfield Veterinary to cancel my membership, because they still taking my money when I already cancelled. Nobody answer the phone. And after 30 minutos waiting they send you to the answer machine but they do not give you any option to left a message. It sucks!!! After one hour and a half minutes, whn finally somebody answer the phone I complained with her about the time I was waiting and she says they are in other time zone and she coudn't cancel my membership. I have to call again. I' sorry for me
Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for providing this feedback. We understand your frustration and we apologize about being put on hold with your local hospital.

The best number to call to discuss your cancellation options is 888-649-2716, which is the line to our Wellness Plan Relations team.

Please know that any payments that you have still been paying are only for services that have already been used or the remaining Wellness Plan payments, whichever is less expensive. Again, feel free to call the number above with any questions.

That's just terrible.

View more comments (1)

Banfield Pet Hospital in Norfolk, Virginia - I hate banfield

I will never ever go back to Banfield ever again. I agree they over charge you even with the plan I set an appt for 9:00 and did not see the doctor until 11:30 no lie I was waiting in the room for almost two hours then had to come back because the doctor couldnt figure out what was wrong with my dog. I was on the most expensive welnees plan and they were still going to charge me $600 just to take my dogs tumor out and it would be an extra $200 just to send it off and get it looked out so I called the # to cancel her plan and they have me on hold for 30 minutes the customer service sucks all that money were paying and we cant get faster service no thank you Im done with that hospital I will take my dogs to another hospital and get them on a plan

You have to look at the over all benefits of the wellness plan. For some it may be great, for others maybe not the best option.

As a consumer you have to decide what is best for you and your pet(s). Read the contract. Know what you are paying for and what isn't covered just like any other contract.

I am also a Banfield employee and I love my job, the veterinarians and the staff I work with.

I have worked in 3 private practices over the last several years. There are a few Corp. Policies that I don't care for but over all the clinic I work at is great! FYI...clinics are all different.

I have never seen a client and patient with an appointment wait more than about 10 minutes. Walk in's occasionally have to wait 30-45 minutes before they are seen, but usually not that long.

i hate banfield 3

Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for providing this feedback, we apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals was unsatisfactory. We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit. If you would like to address any specific concerns feel welcome to call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288.

Wellness plans may or may not be a good idea, I haven't decided yet. They are really expensive, but I like the idea of getting routing bloodwork done to screen for abnormalities so they can be caught early.

However, it's a lot to be paying a month. And I don't really need my indoor cat's *** tested twice yearly. Vaccines are cheaper elsewhere. I'm an employee at Banfield, and I LOVE the doctors I work for.

Very ethical and fair. I HATE corporate policies, however. Well, some of them. The thing I hate most is how management abuses their employees.

It's really sad. I hate it!

View more comments (3)
Product
Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan
Loss
Earlier this year (Feb /March 2011 timeframe), my mother took my 8 year old female beagle Maxie in to Banfield, her medical provider, to get a checkup done due to an obvious mass on Maxie's left side of her abdomen. When Maxie was seen Dr. Hurry examined her out and...

I have already contacted the phone number you provided numerous times and the reps continue to tell me that it is not Banfield's fault that my beagle died because of their negligence. They also tell me that there is nothing Banfield can do for me.

Banfield Pet Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Refused care for my dog

My dog took seizures and Band Field was her vet.She needed blood work done to check her levels for her medication.I did not have cash for the blood work so I offered my credit care card for it.They refused to except the card because it was not over two hundred fifty dollars.They just up her medicine.She started having cluster seizures and now she is dead.They do not care about your animals.It is the money they want.Never again will I take an animal to there business. What a loss forever Lost Heart Broken

Bandfield's Employees, do you have something in writing where customers with Credit Care Card can read explaining or stating reason(s) why the service has to total $250.00 or more besides being money hungry. So is a second day visit another $250+ & a 3rd day? About $1,000.00.

Banfield Pet Hospital - Bansfiels pet hospital roseville michigan

Do not take your pet there. all they care about is money!!! They said my lab had a pulled muscle in her leg and when I took her to Animal neurolgy they did a mri and my dog was filled with blood clots and she died two weeks later. we are heartbroken please do not take your pet there. All they wanted to do was blood test which she just had in June. They wanted me to by the more expensive plan for senior dogs. Beware they are scam artist. We want everyone to know not to ever go there if they love there pets.
Banfield Pet Hospital

My apologies, the number is 877-500-2288.

Blood tests are generally the first step in diagnosis. And, yes, there can be a huge change in 3 months in some circumstances.

Vets are not wizards. They need to perform tests.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Please feel welcome to call our Client Advocate Team to discuss what happened, the number is 887-500-2288. We are very sorry to hear about the loss of your lab.

We know how hard it can be to lose a pet. At Banfield, we consider your pet part of our family, too.