Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Banfield Pet Hospital in Scottsdale, Arizona - Banfield sales and hidden charges

The attendant will immediately try to sell a pet health plan to you, in my case at least three times....the vets are robots...nasty..now caring...then they do unnecessary test and they are so stoic I felt indeed a trouble to them instead of a customer. I will never go back...go to a privat vet. It may seem more expensive to do so, but in the long run, it will cost the same. And remember, although Banfield is not a corp entity of Petsmart, they are n cohoots..the vets there seem angry bitter and wish they had chosen another career

So what is your complaint exactly??

How can you say there are hidden charges when you didn't sign up on a Wellness Plan.

If your pet was getting preventive services such as vaccines and yearly Heartworm or fecal testing the Wellness Plan is VERY cost effective. Do the comparison before you dismiss it. The reason why you may have been asked 3? times, because they were trying to make the charges the cheapest for you.

What do you consider unnecessary tests?

I do not understand the comment regarding PetSmart. Banfield and PetSmart are NOT the same company.

Banfield rents space from PetSmart. There systems are not linked together and their corporate offices are different.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Pplease call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288. We hope your dog is doing well.

View more comments (1)

Banfield Pet Hospital in Dallas, Texas - Banfield never again

My puppy got sick was sneezing and had a runny nose. So i brought her in on a free visit coupon. Was told that i needed to sign up for a wellness plan imediately plus flea control and heartworm medicine. I responded with i give flea baths and use flea collars my dogs are flea free :) i get heartworm meds from the local lowcost. She responds with that doesnt work. Tells me my puppy looks like she just has a little cold/allergys going on and shed like to put her antiboitics. Shows me the bill....puppy exam free ..office vist 35...disposal of swabs??? 4.75?? Flea control..heartworm meds...antiobotics..wellness plan...all stuff i said i didnt need...over 300! I said well i dont want all of that just the antiboitics but since ur slipping in all the fees i dont have money for the meds so i paid 110 and walked out with no meds...went back 3 days later my puppy was over it no sneezing no runny nose...she said well i just dont understand why shes not sick anymore........? Umm she got over it..then after 20 mins of staring up her nose she decided she still needed meds..then came the shpil about the flea and heartworm control. Then decided to check her ears again..came back after testing the swabs..another fee later she says she doesnt have an ear infection but she does have bacteria build up so antibotics for her ears and an ear solution..then shes says we need to start her shots today..i say umm shes had all her shots from the local lowcost..shes says all four sets i say no just 3 sets an her rabbies. She says i would like records or we can start her over.....omg look lady..what fees do i owe you ill get the antibiotics even though she doesnt need them knock everything else off!! Soo after all that..im not going there again. They dont care about anything but more charges and sales
Banfield Pet Hospital

We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals was unsatisfactory. Our goal is always to provide excellent client service, and your feedback is truly valued. I do want to make sure we acknowledge your concerns, to discuss this further please give our Client Advocate Team a call at 877-500-2288.

1. Flea baths and flea collars DON'T WORK! They are ineffective. Flea baths MAY kill fleas that your pet has, but does nothing to PREVENT future infestations. It is important to prevent fleas instead of treating them because once your pet has fleas, they've already laid eggs and started feeding on your pet and they can lead to serious health problems. Flea collars are junk, I've never seen one work at all. Period.

2. A "bacteria buildup" IS an infection. It's a bacterial infection.

3. If you don't bring vaccine records, they legally have to assume your pet hasn't had any. It's your job to keep records and bring them every time you use a different vet.

You may not like the charges they recommend, but their job is to recommend what is BEST for your pet.

#341975

And further more took her to another vet today(not a chain vet) and he gave my mastiff pup a clean bill of health only charged me a single fee for vist and ear testing..left paying under 100 bucks and with a new forever honest vet :)

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia - Banfield over loaded our puppy with immunizations

Banfield killed our pet by giving the immunizations too early. The puppy was 6 weeks old and they gave all the shots up to 12 weeks at one time. Then under 2 weeks later when I took our puppy back for a stomach problems, they didn't do any tests and gave a booster that wasn't due for at least another week. (They gave the booster without telling me that they were going to) Within the next day when our puppy was acting funny i called and was told everything would be fine and not to worry. within a short time our poor puppy went into seizures. I had to rush to the nearest pet hospital (not banfield). Our poor puppy had to be put down because he wouldn't come out of the seizures. The hospital told me it was from being over loaded on the shots. Now they won't take responsibility for what they did and I have to pay for the "plan". I do not suggest anyone use banfield. They are uncaring to their actions and tell you it's normal when it's not. And on top of having to pay for a dead puppy we have other vet bills trying to save him. I've called several times to register a complaint and try to get my money back. but they ignore you and tell you someone will be in touch. No one calls you or tells you anything more. They don't take responsibility for anything they do. Our pets are with another vet now and I wouldn't take any animal to Banfield. At least I have a vet now that tells me more information and takes the time to make sure I understand everything they are going to do before they do it.

what breed of puppy did you have?it is quite common for small breed dogs to go into hypoglycemic seizures. vaccines are overall very safe,and do not usually cause seizures and death.maybe u should contact the vaccine manufacturer and find out if the overdose could cause seizures...there are always drs willing to speak with you about adverse vaccine reactions.

People are always looking for easy answers to ease their pain.I am tryly sorry for your loss,but I truly believe before you try too blame things on a company that takes pride in preventive medicine,you should get your facts straight.

I have been a california RVT for a very long time. In my 11+ years I have NEVER seen a pet die from an overdose of vaccine.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Anonymous, we are sorry to hear that your past experience with Banfield has left you feeling this way. I do want to make sure we acknowledge your concerns, but first we need more information. To discuss this further please give our Client Advocate Team a call at 877-500-2288.

What kind of "stomach problems" was your puppy experiencing?

And boosters can be given 2-4 weeks apart. 2 weeks is perfectly acceptable. Usually vets shoot for 3 since it is the average, but there's no reason that indicates 2 weeks is too short.

Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Missouri City, Texas - Over Charged and Dismissed Very Ill Poodle

I took my poodle to Banfield in Houton because she was not eating and very weak. Vet did blood work and xrays. Diagnosed her with kidney failure and started IV at approx 10:30 am. At 3:15 pm he called to tell me I would have to come pick her up because he could not keep her over night. He discontinued her IV. Charged me $690, then told me if she got sicker and I needed help putting her down, to call him. I drove 10 hours round trip back home to my vet. After 4 -5 days on IV and antibotics her kidney enzymes are back to normal. I do intend to register a complaint with the state board against the vet and Banfield.

JJ you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Kidney values absolutely can return to normal after iv treatment.

It doesn't mean the kidneys are cured or the doctor was wrong about the initial diagnosis. In chronic renal failure, you can temporarily restore function by flushing out the kidneys with iv fluids.

It may buy the pet years, or the pet may not respond to treatment at all and may decline quickly. I suggest doing your research next time before embarrassing yourself publicly.

To HH,

Did you read what she said? THE VET TOLD HER RUBBISH , YOU DONT GET KIDNEY FAIL THEN DAYS LATER EVERYTHING IS FINE!!!!

GET BACK IN UR CAGE!!! U *** person!

Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing this to our attention. We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals has left you feeling this way, we are currently unaware of this situation and would like to help. First we need more information, please call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288.

I don't understand either! You are registering a complaint because the vet said you couldn't keep your pet there overnight?

Well it isn't an overnight facility! There's no staff there to watch your dog overnight.

So...they did bloodwork and x-rays, identified the problem, kept your dog on fluids all day...what is the complaint about? They identified the problem, provided treatment...what did they do wrong?

I don't understand what your complaint is.

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in East Setauket, New York - Cat reaction to flea treatment

Update by user Sep 04, 2011

I forgot to mention...I plan to take my cat to Banfield for her next checkup due to the excellent care I received. I am confident they will treat my cat with the utmost care.

Update by user Sep 04, 2011

My cat is doing well. Banfield pet hospital was very considerate and displayed genuine concern when I told them what had happened when I used FirstShield flea treatment on my cat.

I am sure it helped that I went to them with an open mind and realized not all medication works well for every pet...just as not every medicine works the same for every person.

They recommended a different flea treatment plan and gave me further advice to ensure my cat\'s.

Health and gave me a refund (I had my receipt). The flea treatment they recommended is not something they sell.

Original review posted by user Sep 04, 2011

I applied the flea treatment according to the manufacturers guidelines. Within 30 minutes my sweet healthy cat began frantically running around the house and desperately biting her skin. In addition she began crying which along with the other two behaviors was uncharacteristic of her. Fortunately she allowed me to us a wet washcloth to bathe the area where the flea treatment was applied. Within a few minutes her behavior improved and the biting subsided. Naturally she still has fleas so I plan to visit the vet clinic today to request a refund and seek advice for a different flea treatment. This time I will review the internet before the purchase. I will let you know how Banfield veterinary clinic responds.
Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for providing this feedback and for trusting Banfield with the care of your pet. We are glad to hear your cat is doing well. Feedback from clients like you helps us maintain and even exceed our goal to help pets live long and healthy lives.

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Dallas, Texas - My dog almost DIED because of their service!!!

I was paying monthly for the wellness plan at Banfield Hospital in North Austin. I went in for a "free" examination of my dog as it they are part of the plan. Her abdomen was enlarged, and the vet said it was only because she needed to ***. They gave her an enema. After, they told me she absolutely needed a vaccine. I asked if it was safe because she was a little sick, the vet replied that it was. About two hours later we were at the animal hospital because she was bleeding rectally and vomiting. She has been on IV fluids for 36 hours and suffered liver damage because of the vaccine being giving to her when she was not in full health. At the hospital, I also found out that she did not need that vaccine because I live in Texas and Lyme disease is found in the northeastern part of the USA. I feel like they only wanted my money and did not care about my dog. Please read up or at least google procedures before even going in to this place. I hope no one else's dog gets sick because of their greed.

It has been a few years back but there have actually been epidemics of Lyme disease in Texas. I am not a fan of over vaccinate my pets either, but maybe the vaccine being given is part of why there are fewer cases in Texas. Just a thought.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Unfortunately if you are on the Wellness Plan, the vet will automatically give your dog vaccines that are covered under the plan even if it is unnecessary. I live in Florida (where Lyme is NOT needed) and it is given all the time because it is covered under the plan. I assume that the more vaccines they give, the more money they get from the manufacturers.

Lyme disease is found in Texas.

Just wanted to pass this along as well. I also had a very bad experiance with them.

I live in Jacksonville, Fl. But, as I was leaving the hospital what seemed to be a very nice employee approached me as I left the building he said he was a trainer for the company and told me a few things about this company. Evidently their goal is to sell the pet insurance policy and then hit you with everything thing they can thats not covered when you come in. Also to get them in and get them back out as quick as possible.

I am glad that there are still some honist people in this world. There is nothing going to the neighborhood vet.

If you love your family member stay away from chains. Thank you Sir for being honist.

Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Puyallup, Washington - Banfield Killed our Cat

My daughter took Jeannie in for tests because she was losing weight and throwing up. They did blood work and said there was nothing wrong with her. She gradually got worse and worse. When I took her to another vet a year and a half later, it was too late to save her. They did an xray and said she had a cancer on her kidney. She had to be put down. Also, prior to all this, they gave her 5 vaccinations at once and made her sick for a week. She was never the same healthy kitty she always was, after this. I think the shots ruined her health in the first place. If they had diagnosed what was wrong with her, when they saw her, her life could have been saved. We're sure of it!

Just saying, unless the kidney was grossly enlarged and obviously a mass, you cannot diagnose kidney cancer with an xray. Thats more of an ultrasound kinda thing.

Why in the *** would you wait a year and half later? Seriously!!

Banfield Pet Hospital

My apologies, the number is 877-500-2288.

^^^ Agree. If your cat was sick, you shouldn't have waited a year to take her to the vet. If you had taken her sooner, maybe something could have been done.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Please feel welcome to call our Client Advocate Team to discuss what happened, the number is 887-500-2288. We are very sorry to hear about the loss of Jeannie.

We know how hard it can be to lose a pet. At Banfield, we consider your pet part of our family, too.

Vaccines wouldn't cause kidney cancer. It is routine to administer many vaccines at once.

It's not the vet's fault that your pet may have had a reaction to them. If your pet had a vaccine reaction, it's because something in ONE of the vaccines triggered it. Your pet would have had a reaction even if they were split up. So you are blaming Banfield for killing your cat?

They did bloodwork and found nothing wrong!

How is it their fault that the blood values came back normal? And you waited a year and a half to take your cat back to the vet when she was still sick?

View more comments (5)

Banfield Pet Hospital in Belfair, Washington - Poor Banfield Customer Service

On September 1, 2011, my daughter and I took our dog to Banfield. The Receptionist handed us their check-in form for signature. I advised the Receptionist that the form was filled in my daughter's name, a minor, and asked to correct the form. Her response was that she "cannot" re-print the form. She insisted I sign the form, so I made a pen and ink change to the form, and signed it. In the examination room, my daughter informed the Veterinary Assistant our dog's history and needs. My daughter asked why the form could not be re-printed with the correct name, and the Assistant said because it would require two log-ins and that would cost me two office visit costs. I asked for a copy of the form I signed, and she said, she would "try" to get one for me. The Assistant gave me an invoice of $56.10 for the office visit, examination by the doctor, and a rabies shot and asked me to sign it. The doctor had not yet examined our dog, and the shot had not been administered. I signed the form and annotated under my signature that "This was the first and the last visit." She left to get the doctor. Instead, the Receptionist came in the room and said, "I hate to say this, but you treated my Nurse rudely and sweared at her. And I refused to have my doctor come in this room." I said, "No, I did not swear at your Nurse. I was asking a perfectly legal question as I do not understand why you could not re-print the form. I told her I was fine with their decision not to have the doctor see our dog, and informed her I just signed a form agreeing to pay $56.10. I ask her if I will be charged for the $56.10. She said, "No." I said, "Okay, then. Before I leave here, I would like a piece of paper documenting that I owe you nothing." She said, "I can do that right now." Banfield has very poor customer service. Banfield needs to improve their customer service and have a staff that is knowledgeable and courteous.

To "anon". You do not know me as to my ability to pay, so your comment is, to say the least, asinine.

That's your "Word of the Day." If you don't understand what it means, go to an online dictionary, that's if you're smart enough to find one. Service rendered is service paid--but service was not rendered. Got it? By the way, are you the Office Manager at the Silverdale hospital in Bremerton?

Sure sounds like you are. Have a great day, Ma'am! And I called Banfield per the number they gave me on this post.

Let's see how this goes. Stay tuned.

I used to take my dog to Banfield and she was listed under my ex-boyfriend's name (I was the additional contact, even though I was the legal owner of the dog. They had already entered it in the system and said they could not change it.

Since my ex had set the appt up they had his information already entered in the system as the primary owner. At the time it was not a big deal).

When we broke up I asked to be made the main contact and have him removed from the account. They said they could not do that because it was a legal record.

I asked that they then set up a new account for my dog with my name as the primary contact.

They declined to do that, stating that she already existed in the system and her history was linked to the first record.

Though this was not the reason I stopped going to Banfield I found the situation frustrating.

Sounds like they needed the signed form first. You seem like the type of person that might not have paid for services rendered. Good for them on refusing you service.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing this to our attention. We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals has left you feeling this way, we are currently unaware of this situation and would like to help. First we need to gather more information, please call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288.

First and foremost you CAN reprint the Authorization forms... it's under the patient tab, under medical summary report.

Our hospital have reprinted them before. Secondly if your daughter was a minor, you can be added as an authorized contact, under the additional contact tab. Once a contact is added, you can reprint the authorization form and then both names would be on there.

As with ANY business we have the right to refuse anyone.

It clearly states that on the sign on the wall. A business does not HAVE to provide services to just anyone.

I had a client who swore at me and was rude, and we no longer offer her pets care at our location. Sometimes the customer is NOT always right!!

I think this is mainly about poor communication. Both sides could have acted in a better manner.

What should have been simply explained-- is that the software system that is used for client and patient medical records can only be reprinted in specific ways. If an authorization form has already been printed, you cannot reprint this legal document without checking the patient out, then changing the authorized contact name and checking the patient back in. Sounds silly to some, but it is simply the reality of what the software can and cannot do. I believe it being explained in a different manner would have absolutley changed the outcome of the visit-- but keep in mind, many in vet industry are introverts-- mean well but cannot communicate well with feeling one is aggressive.

Not an excuse, of course. I personally believe in Banfield's mission and what it stands for-- when you have over 700 hospitals across the country-- sometimes you do have associates or hospital managers that do not properly represent the brand. However, I believe concerned clients also do not want to fully understand what Banfield stands for as well. Wellness Plans is not insurance, yes, they want to sign you pets up on a plan.

Because it is hopefully an assurance that you will come see the Doctor at least every 6m as recommended. It is hopefully assurance that you pet receives the preventive care that is recommended. It is hopefully assurance that if something were to go wrong with your pet-- it is caught sooner rather than later. I believe there is such thing as a Banfield client as well.

One that understands they recommend what is best and that yes, do some take advantage? Sure, but I have been to many Banfield's across the country- and sure there are some better than others-- but the core of it stays the same. Youre right. many complaints about Banfield.

But that is what happens when youre doing well.

Banfield is profitable, clients continue to grow, hospitals continue to open nationally and internationally-- something they are doing is right. It is easy to not like Banfield, I get that...it is not for everyone.

Then under 2 weeks later when I took our puppy back for a stomach problems, they didn't do any tests and gave a booster that wasn't due for at least another week. Within the next day when our puppy was acting funny i called and was told everything would be fine and not to worry. within a short time our poor puppy went into seizures. I had to rush to the nearest pet hospital (not banfield).

I do not suggest anyone use banfield. They are uncareing to their actions and tell you it's normal when it's not.

RoseG

Actually, I wanted to get out of there once I noticed how rude and unprofessional Banfield's staff was. For the amount they were charging me, there are better places that provides courteous, professional service for a reasonable price.

I was so relieved that their doctor did not come in the room, and could not wait to get out of that awful place, but not before I made sure they zeroed out my invoice.

Look at the other complaints about Banfield. Ha!

well it was their choice to boot you from the hospital for being rude, and good on them!

RoseG

Yes, really. Necessary or not, childish or not, that was my choice.

"I signed the form and annotated under my signature that “This was the first and the last visit.” "

Really? Was that really necessary? Sounds a little childish.

Thank you, BenS.

I agree that Unreasonable is defensive and sounds just like the Banfield representive.

The complaints against Banfield on this website is a clear testimony to Banfield’s poor customer services.

In reading this, it sounds like Unreasonable is defensive. The customer should be able to get an answer and getting a form printed with the correct information should not cost anything.

How sad that a business has to be so unwilling to make a correction, adjustment.

In today's world, people have to be very careful what they sign as they will be liable for payment. How simple is it to just print another one, and the business not make a MOUNTAIN out of a mole hill.

If I were ever in your area, I would not visit your business.

It sounds like you were being really unreasonable. They created an electronic file with the name of the person who made the appointment or filled out the first time client form (whichever came first).

If your daughter made the appointment, she should have given your name over the phone if she is a minor. Why do you care if the authorization to provide care has her name on it? She couldn't be held accountable for anything for 2 reasons - 1) it was not her signature and 2) she is a minor. It doesn't really matter, you made a mountain out of a mole hill.

And the invoice you signed was an agreement to pay for services about the be rendered. The reason why they have you sign it first is because a lot of people have tried to skip out on the bill, claiming they didn't authorize things.

It authorizes them to do those services. It sounds like you were being rude and I hate dealing with people like you.

View more comments (13)

Banfield Pet Hospital in Tampa, Florida - *** complaints from *** people

To those who are complaning below... The Wellness Plans are not insurance. They only include what is considered preventative care. Preventative care on Wellness Plans include vaccinations (only 1 of each type per year), 1 set of routine bloodwork per yr, and various other things. They are not meant to be insurance and do not cover sick visits. They help with sick visits in that they include the office visits and give discounts on sick visits. Also, to one of the complaints below... It is malpractice to routinely offer antibiotics to every pet after surgery. A routine spay/neuter or tumor removal absolutely does NOT need antibiotics. It is a different story if there is alreay evidence of an infection being present. Of course if there is evidence of an infection being present then antibiotics are warranted. Otherwise, it is malpractice. Here are other common *** complaints from *** consumers: If your pet has an allergic reaction to a vaccination or heartworm injection, that is not anyone's fault. Nothing was done incorrectly. Is it anyone's fault if you have an allergic reaction to a bee sting and end up in the hospital because of it? Why should the doctor have to pay for something where no malpractice was committed? It makes no sense. If you decide to cancel your Wellness Plan but use $300 worth of services on Day #1 of the Wellness Plan (vaccines, heartworm test, fecal exam, bloodwork, office visit, etc) and only pay $80 toward the monthly payments before you decide to cancel, why should you be allowed to cancel your Wellness Plan without paying the difference? You are ripping off Banfield by doing this. Think about it people. Also, when you come in as a walk-in and your pet is not an emergency and then you refuse to drop-off your pet and the hospital is busy, how can you expect that you won't be waiting hours to see a doctor? What is wrong with people? Any company as big as Banfield will have numerous complaints on websites. You can't please everyone. The only reason that your neighorhood non-Banfield vet does not have as many complaints online is because they are only 1 facility in 1 town. Of course, every business will have occasional complaints. Now, multiply this by 800 hospitals in the country!

my family and I had to bring in my pet ferret . to be put down.this was our first visit two benefield pet hospital.

my normal vetnarian could not work us in . with such a short notice. benefield normally does not take ferrets, but the office in cincinnati ohio was extremely understanding ,they work with us on the time, and how much time it took to complete this painful process. every single one of their staff was extremely compassionate to my family and I.

one of the biggest surprises was that they took time out of the day to write a sympathy card to my family which was a big deal to my sons, and made them feel like the vet love bud too . I would love to take my pets back to benefield but they have no vet for them unfortunately.

Just a little fyi: I had my cat on the Wellness Plan in Jacksonville, FL. I was given a call and told that my cat a an allergic reaction to her vaccines but she was ok.

It has now been years later and I'm an employee of Banfield - I looked at her records and found out my cat was given a canine vaccine.

And that is why she had an allergic reaction. Unfortunately many of the horror stories about Banfield are true.

Complaining about people complaining on a website called pissedconsumer are you kidding me right now?

Banfield Pet Hospital in Denver, Colorado - ***

I made the colossal mistake of signing up for a Banfield Wellness plan for our new puppy. Before adopting the dog, I called Banfield to find out the prices of the plans. In order to give me a price they needed the name of our pet. Being that we had not adopted one, I told them we did not know yet. They said I could just make one up. So I did. A couple days later when we actually adopted the puppy, I called to enroll in the plan. They were very pleasant and happy to get the plan going for me. I paid my enrollment and 1st month fee, and was told that I needed to wait 2 business days for the plan to take effect. No problem. I made an appointment at my local Banfield for 4 business days later. When I arrived at the vet (puppy, baby and toddler in tow) I was told that they did not show a plan on file for my puppy. I showed them proof of payment, gave them the name of the gentleman who enrolled me, etc and they basically said "Yeah-we can do the vaccines today, but you will be charged." Obviously I was not going to pay for shots that were supposed to be covered, so I rescheduled for a week later and returned home, where I once again called customer service. They had not included my phone number on my file, which apparently makes it impossible for the hospital to find me (though they do have the capability of searching by name-should they choose to use it). They apologized for the inconvenience and said, once again, that we were all set. Today my husband brought our puppy back to the vet for our rescheduled appointment. This time the doctor came in with 2 documents. One showed our Wellness Plan enrollment, the other showed our cancellation. My husband called me to see what was going on. I called customer service AGAIN and after 30 minutes of being transferred around they discovered that they had not updated our pet's name when enrolling her in the plan; they were still using the name I gave when put on the spot while trying to obtain a quote. Seems like an easy fix, right? Wrong. I was grilled about how many pets we had and if I was trying to use the same plan on more than 1 puppy. I explained that I had to give them a name to get a quote and that we did not actually use that name for our puppy, and asked if they could just update the name. I was asked if we would consider changing our dog's name to match what they had because apparently once a name is entered into their system it is engraved in stone. I actually laughed. By this time my husband had been sitting in the vet's room for over an hour while I tried to straighten this out. Both of our kids were ready for naps and were starting to act the way I felt like acting. We had to reschedule the appointment for a THIRD time as they told us it would take another hour to complete the physical and shots (now that they realized...ding ding ding...that we DID have a Wellness Plan!) My husband spoke to a manager on the way out who was very friendly and apologetic, and managed to find a way to change our dog's name in their system so that hopefully we can avoid such a hassle at our newly scheduled appointment this weekend. This has been the biggest joke to deal with. I have spent over 2 hours on the phone and have made 2 unneccessary trips to the vet because of small, ridiculous errors. I followed their instuctions to the letter, and still found myself in a major mess. Had they been willing to cancel my plan without penalty (I tried, they wouldn't), I would have paid 3 times the price to go to ANY other vet where my pup could have had her shots taken care of a week ago. Do yourself a favor if you're signing up for this plan--do it AT the vet and be sure your dog has a name you really, really, really like.

That's really odd that they needed a name just to give you a quote. The prices for all the plans are available on pamphlets. They don't even need to type anything on the computer to give you a price.

She has a right to be upset - that's a real inconvenience! It shouldn't have been so difficult for her.

It sounds like they spent a lot of time working out the situation and were not rude to you through any of it. Computer systems have flaws. That's just technology.

Sorry but I couldn't read your post. It was one HUGE wall of text.

I think maybe you should look up the definition of the word "***" before you go calling other people names.

Learn how to use proper punctuation and sentence structure...

Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for providing this feedback. We understand your frustration and understand that your time is valuable so we apologize for the inconvenience.

We are currently unaware of this situation and urge you to call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288. Thank you for trusting Banfield with the care of your family pet.