Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Banfield Pet Hospital in Orange Park, Florida - Banfield are worse than car and gym sales people combined!!

I took my dog into one of their locations because it was the weekend and my dog was vomitting and passing blood! Quite alarming! I asked the associate at the counter if there was anything over the counter I could give. She said no and offered me a free appointment with the vet. After the appointment the vet tried to get me to buy over $400 in diagnostics! I talked him down to $130. The script included some pills so I asked an associat where I could find the little pill sleeves to help him take the pills. She pointed them out to me and on the same shelf I Then as I found basically Doggie Pepto Bismal for less than $10. SCAMMMERS!!!!

If you went to the hospital passing blood, would you expect them to just give you pepto? What if your dog would have died because you wanted to go cheap?

Just because someone recommends something more than pepto does not make them a scammer.

Odesa1

When I first purchased a dog, I took my dog to Banfield Animal Hospital at Catelton, Indianapolis, IN. After paying around $360 in tests and service and meds, I took my back then puppy home.

At home I was working at computer and glanced at my puppy (she was laying on her bed under my desk) and her face was really swollen! It was swollen so badly that she started having problems breathing. I jumped in the car and drove back to them (20 min ride) I rushed back and said she's allergic to whatever they did to her. They immediately gave her another shot and the swelling came down.

About 6 months later I go again with her for 6 months check up. In her folder it is NOTED "Allergic to xyz" some medication. They totally ignore it. I assumed they followed what was written in her file. Again same situation. Face fully swollen puppy is like having a hard time. I rush back again with the same problem. After their screw up for the 2nd time I stopped going there.

Your dog is vomiting and passing blood and you want an over-the-counter solution with no diagnosis? Get real!!!!

$400 for diagnostic testing is not a lot of money. Try getting those same tests from an MD and see how much it costs.

Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Raleigh, North Carolina - I need a vet that knows what thay are doing

Payment was cancled once already with banfield. I thought I would give them another chance.My GS was constipated and dehydrated and had full anal glands.If a dog has never had anal gland problems and then surface out of the blue it means something else triggered it.I knew what was wrong before bringing her in to banfield.They failed me again.The "vet" talked me into a 53.00 bottle of antibiotics which made the problem worse.They never said she was dehydrated and impacted after everything I told them.I drove to wallgreens and purchased an enima kit and gave her an enima myself.There was a dramatic improvement after 2 hrs,,,I gave her a 2nd one 4 hrs later and she is back to herself again.(((no more anal gland problems!!!)))What am I paying these people for!!To all of you that say (stop complaining) I didnt write this because i enjoy complaining its true and I can prove it.I am 51 and have more knowledge about dogs than any of these greenhorns. ps....If you choose to run a company and dont know what you are doing choose another one or get out of it!

I was a Banfield new patient on July 31st (232.00) and wasn't pleased, but like you thought I would give them a second chance. So here it is 3 days and another 188.00 dollars later, and I realize I have made a huge mistake.

When I left tonight I asked that both days records be faxed to the vet that I left to try Banfield. I should have suspected something when I checked in and there was a missing dog flyer on the check in desk for a dog that escaped when they were weighing it.

Did you know that some of the fleet enemas have been linked to dog deaths? Might want to read about that in the future before you play doctor.

Review
Save yourself money and aggravation by not being suckered into subscribing to this plan. Their "out of plan" prices are incredibly overpriced, which makes you think you are getting a bargain to join the plan. There are always extra charges when you bring your pet in....

I brought home a kitten she was a couple months old she had never been to a vet so I took her to Banfield here in Plainfield, IN. I paid for her first visit for vacinations and overall check up and also some de-worming just to be safe.

First of all I have been there for few visits since then and when the doctors go through there questioning with you over your pet they treat you like you are doing everyhing wrong, they never like the brand choice in food or flea protection and always want you buy the brands they sell that cost top dollar. I guess thats just a matter of opinion. After paying for her shots and check up I also purchased there wellness plan that covers getting my kitten spayed, cause it was important to me make sure it was done for her. It was also suppose to cover next year follow up shots, I took her in this January for check up relating to something else and they were going to go ahead and give her those shots while we there instead of needing to make another appointment, I agreed it was a good idea.

After they did some checking the said it was to soon she was not due until February, I said ok lets make the appointment and I asked the doctor and the lady who made the appointment specifically if shots and appointment is at no cost because of the wellness right??? They said "YES" I said great and set the appointment for February 24, 2012, so my husbands get our kitty together and bring her in this morning and they say oh no your not covered under that plan anymore it expired February 6th of this month...GRRRRRRRR so he brings her home and tells them no I dont want them done then I will go somewhere else, he gets home I call beck up to Banfield to ask whats going on...the lady tells me well we cant do anything about it cause its past the expiration date, thats *** they told me it was covered and the next appointment was made according to the wellness plan...funny little tricks to rip people off...I have several family members and friends I will be notifing to warn them to watch out. I didnt pay the hundreds of dollars for the wellness plan to not use it and get ripped off cause of the timeline mess up on there part.

I am done with Banfield if this problem is not resolved the lady told she would look in to it and call me back about what can be done...for some reason I'm pretty sure that call wont come. Save your money people cause they couldnt even work with me to help resolve the matter just blew me and my husband off.

View more comments
Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Colorado Springs, Colorado - Banfield wellness plans are a scam, veterinary care is poor

I signed up for the Banfield wellness plans for my pets because I don't have a lot of money, and they told me that my pets needed extensive care. More than two years later, after telling me that they cancelled those plans, they're still withdrawing the money from my account AND sending me threatening letters saying I owe them hundreds of dollars. For what? I ended up paying more in fees for services not used than I would have for the services I did use. Furthermore, it's virtually impossible to contact Banfield to resolve any issues. I'm on hold with them right now and I have been for half an hour, and I've been trying to contact them for months. I haven't taken my pets there for over a year. I went to a different vet who told me that not only did Banfield give my dog shots he didn't need, they recommended a fairly expensive medicine that he didn't need and was hard on his system. Banfield vets aren't very experienced or very good. From my experience, I would say that the company exists to trick you into signing up for their plans and then make it impossible for you to quit.
#319785

Banfield Pet Hospital: While I appreciate your prompt response to my complaint on this site, none of those options were presented to me during any of my communications, either at the offices or on the phone. I did cancel one of my plans by phone nearly a year ago, but Banfield continued to deduct my payment from my account, as I stated above.

On my second account, they notified me that my account had been cancelled in writing, then sent me a bill for the months that came after.

I did get through to Banfield a few days after I made this complaint--and I can assure you that I remained on hold for far longer than the actual time I spent speaking with someone. As of this moment, in theory, Banfield has assured me that both accounts are cancelled, but I've heard that story before.

#319648

Stay away from this place . There wellness plan is nothing but a scam. Talked my daughter into purshasing this wellness plan for a older dog that already has shots.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Mothercrow, if at any point during the plan's year you decide to cancel the Wellness Plan, you are able to do so by either paying for the services you’ve used from the Wellness Plan, or the remaining Wellness Plan payments, whichever is less. We know how frustrating it is to be put on hold and we apologies for any long waits. Another option is to email us at wellnessplanrelations@banfield.net and we would be happy to help you!

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Orlando, Florida - Fool me thrice.....

#1 I take my pup for a series of shots, I go to pick him up and they handed me my pet and failed to notice he was having an allergic reaction. I had to inform them to rush him for an injection of antihistimine. #2 Next series of shots they cut him when shaving him & he he favored the cut for a month. It was in the leg joint area so it would not heal well since he moves the joint to walk. #3 they charged me for wellness plan for a year. I try to cancel early but the guy on phone tells me to pay for the last few months cause I am due a well check right before my plan expires so I pay for the 2 additional months. I schedule the well visit as instructed but then at well visit then tell me I missed deadline for well check by ONE day and need to renew and pay for another whole year to get the visit covered. I call the Wellness Plan Co. and they now say I already had my 2 well checks that year and the first guy was wrong. so why did I pay for the last few months? No offer of refund or anything!
Banfield Pet Hospital

We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals has left your feeling this way. We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit.

To address your specific concern, and to help us improve our overall service, we would appreciate it if you would call us at 877-500-2288 to discuss what happened. We’d also be happy to discuss your cancellation options with you; just call our Wellness Plan Relations team at 888-649-2716.

Good job noticing the vacs reaction! Wonder if more owners can be better than the professional staff?!....

Banfield Pet Hospital in Kansas City, Kansas - First shield bad reaction

Hi i am just writing this because my baby girl had a terrible reaction to this nasty product. I got some because i saw one flea and its been down hill since... 24 hours after applying it my dog got mean itching like crazy peeing on herself and throwing up i didn't know what to do so i washed her asap in dish soap. She is a 10lb 1yr old cockapoo in great health we feed her good food and then this so i freaked made my husband take her to ban-field who told him he would have to pay for the visit, after my pup had a reaction to the meds the suggested!!! i was furious so i called the drug company and some one called some one and my Marie got in for a visit. They gave us antihistamines and said only the 1 skin crawling itching and 2 red skin were from the flea treatment. They then tried to talk my husband into getting a urine sample for 70 bucks when two days ago my pup was A-OK. i told him to come home we would take her for a second opinion. So we did and the vet said it was all a bad reaction to the meds including the vomiting and lose of bladder control. I then called drug company and they stuck to what they said first time is topical there is no way it could effect anything but her skin. MY *** now i have to give her this med for a whole month and hope the damage isn't gonna stay with her. PLEASE DONT USE THIS FLEA TREATMENT AND IF YOU HAVE AND YOU SEE ANY OF THESE SIGNS CALL YOUR VET ASAP

We’re sorry to hear that your pet suffered after you purchased an over-the-counter flea/tick control product at one of our hospitals. There are several different types of flea preventives available on the market, and each one works in a slightly different manner.

For every flea product that we sell in the hospital, we work closely with the manufacturer and we are confident about the safety of their products, even with rare occurrences of adverse effects. While FirstShield is offered as an over-the-counter medicine, we feel the decision on which flea/tick prevention is used should be a collaboration between you and your veterinarian, in order to help select the most appropriate product.

This partnership helps ensure the most effective and safest product for each pet is used and allows doctors to show pet owners how to apply and use the product and track any potential reactions. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288.

My puppy died after being "helped" by Banfield. After a "routine" exam my puppy left the clinic and was injured.

The injury resulted in his death.

A trusted veterinary clinic for three years will never be my choice again. No acknowledgement of error was accepted by Banfield.

Id probably call:

1-your state board of pharmacy

2-your state board of vet medicine

3-Environmental Protection Agency

use Advantage or Frontline in future

Loss
Has anyone had their puppy fixed at banfield pet hospital inside petsmart? , at broadway and bleeker.In New york? I am heartbroken, my little pomeranian died there yesterday.I took her in to get fixed, even though I did not feel right about it.They kept calling me to...

My thoughts exactly. People need to plan financially when they choose to get a pet.

View more comments

Banfield Pet Hospital in Clayton, North Carolina - Banfield is a Rip off

I recently got a puppy for my birthday. As a responsible dog owner the 1st thing I did was enroll her in Banfields puppy wellness plan. Everytime I take her she throws up after her shots. I talked to the vet about this and she said I should try a bendryal shot which they could give her for $19 of course I jumped on this. I didnt want my puppy throwing up...... we get in the car to go home and what happens??? She throws up the whole way home, when I called and complained about this they said it was stress and nothing they could do. I took her back to get her spayed and of course the stress of going there raised her blood sugar. The pre-op blood work then cost me $87.03 because now they had to send her blood to out to check for diabetes. Then they want me to come back and have the EXACT SAME BLOOD TESTb done again for aa additional $60+. This company is the biggest mistake I EVER made. BEWARE and take your animal some where else!!!!!!!!

Update: went back today and low and behold Banfield had lost my puppys blood work so I basically paid $87.30 for nothing. They redid her blood sugar level and it was 198 proving that the puppy was nothing but stressed.

If I hadn't of did research I would be out of even more money. Watch your pets and if the Banfield staff say your pet needs this or that do some research before agreeing.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Lilypadhunter26 , We are currently unaware of this situation and urge you to call our Client Advocate team to discuss. The number is 877-500-2288. We certainly understand your frustration and hate to see dogs get sick after shots.

diabetes in a puppy? id be very curious to know how high the blood glucose was. I'd also like to know what the lab is going to do differently on the blood work. Diabetes is usually diagnosed via:

History (drinking more, urinating more, weight loss).

Signalment (um, puppies usually don't get diiabetes!),

Blood (Glucose that's quite high, much higher than a stress hyperglycemia), and

Urinalysis (glucose/ketones in urine).

Over 23 years of working as a DVM, ive never diagnosed diabetes in a puppy, and i have seen thousands upon thousands of puppies...

GL with that...

Banfield Pet Hospital in Chicago, Illinois - Beware of Banfield Animal Clinics

The vets and techs at Banfield were great, but the corporation is a mess. Once a dog is signed into a Banfield annual membership program, the corporation make it impossible to cancel. First you have to try and get a living person. Then he/she will agree to cancel as your year is almost over, but don't do so. Membership renews automatically, then Banfield wont cancel it because its an annual memebership - even though the dog died ! They send creditors after you demanding payment for each year even though its been 3 years since our dog died. AVOID BANFIELD AT ALL COSTS,THIS PLACE IS A BOOK KEEPING NIGHTMARE.

This happened 4 years ago and I followed the above routine several times. These suggestions are PR and damage control.

Don't insult my intelligence by suggesting the obvious courses of action must never have occurred to me. Going through the motions is just that. The clinic says one thing, corporate another. Call a few weeks later and I'm told there is no debt owed or open account.

Then a collection agency calls. Banfield was notified of pet's death and paid in full at end of that annual agreement as per contract.

Now they want more and say this never happened. Its a form of extortion that ends only if one capitulates and continued paying annual dues for a deceased pet.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Dakota, we are sorry to hear about the passing of your dog. To cancel your wellness plan, please contact our Wellness Plan Relations team by calling 888-649-2716 or emailing WellnessPlanRelations@banfield.net.

Please know that once your dog passes you are only responsible for paying for services that were already provided. To cancel a wellness plan, you may do so by either paying for the services your pet used while on the wellness plan, or the remaining wellness plan payments, whichever is less.

Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio - I felt like I was getting my car's oil changed...

when I took my 12 year old Jack Russell to Banfield today for a routine check up, they brouht me a bill for almost $650. I felt like I was getting my oil changed. Pick and choose what services you want to a valued member of your family. My little guy was upset enough to be there and shaking on the table, and I was faced with the decision of them making me feel guilty because I didn't take all of their "recommended" items in treating him. When I have taken him to a real vet in the past, all I had to do was tell them that I brought him in for a check up and they took it from there...here they expected me to pick and choose the treatments he received...I will never take him back there or recommend them to anyone else. A consumer shouldn't have to choose services...they let him sit there upset while they kept bringing me "updated" bills, always lower...I don't feel they care about animals, they are more interested in "selling different, individualized items" than they are in caring for your pet...
Banfield Pet Hospital

We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals has left your feeling this way. We strive to provide our clients and their Pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit. To address your specific concern, and to help us improve our overall service, we would appreciate it if you would call us at 1-877-500-2288 to discuss what happened.