Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Banfield Pet Hospital in Seattle, Washington - CHARGE FOR UNNECESSARY TREATMENTS AND/OR TEST

I have the Banfield Wellness Pet Insurance that I bought when I got my dog as a puppy. I have 3 dogs all of them at the same clinic with the "insurance". I either have the most unhealthy pets ever or they like to make up ailments that my pets do not have. At every exam I never leave without a bill, finally I got smart and refuse treatment from them. I take them to a second vet for a second oppion and usually the second vet doesn't see anything wrong with my pets. Today I was in the lobby for an extended amount of time and notice the every "Pet Insurance Holder walks out with an average bill of $80 nearly of the pets had eyes and/ear problems. And I felt sorry for these young adults that brought their recue Pit in for shots and walked out with a $478 vet bill and nothing was diagnosed or treated at that time (this was only for test).
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Elmhurst, Illinois - Banfield is the worst animal hospital ever created

I took my cat to Kildeer's Banfield Hospital for a simple shot on Saturday, and it turned into a nightmare. After the vet tech harassed me, telling me I was going to be arrested if I didn't get a rabies shot for my cat right away, the "doctor" came in, half choked my cat to make him cough, then insulted me. After telling me how I was a terrible owner and how *** I was, he said he'd give him a shot "this once," and that he was doing me a favor. I told him I refused to give him any of my money after the way he treated my pet and me. He told me then to go to another hospital because he doesn't treat "people like me" at his clinic. Not only did he try to prescribe about five medications my cat didn't need, he told me to bring my cat in for two weeks straight for extremely strong steroid injections. I know from having worked at an animal hospital previously and from being a GOOD pet owner for six years that this sort of treatment would more than likely kill my cat. Not only that, but he told me that I'm a liar, that I never worked at an animal hospital, and that I am *** and don't know anything. Then he yelled at me for not getting my cat a dental and because I forgot to cut his nails before I took him there. He acted as if I neglect my cat, which isn't the case at all. This was a terrible experience, and I wanted to make you guys aware of this so the problem can be remedied. He should not be treating customers this way when all the customers are trying to do is take care of their pets to the best of their ability.

It was a terrible experience when I took my dog to Banfield, Sugar Land Texas to get his teeth cleaned. First the estimate was $225 for the cleaning BUT they conveniently forget to tell you that every animal gets antibiotics after the cleaning and that was $75 more.

They made continued mistakes - the doctor thought my dog was a girl, he is not. The doctor reported he thought the anesthesia went fine but I was then charged $19 for a glycopyrrolate Injection because my dogs heart rate went so low, what is 'fine' about that? And then the antibiotics were mislabeled because they said they had not updated their comp.

program. Don't go to Banfield because you get terrible service from them and they have no regard for your time.

To the person who wrote this article -

I don't know any business if any would actual tell a customer they are *** - so I think your stretching the truth. #2 - if they wanted your cat dead that means they would have no business.

Thats like GM or Ford burning tires for crying out load! If you are going to write a review take a moment to gather your thoughts and submit your frustrating review so it doesn't sound like your mad at the world.

Good luck with you unhealthy cat. :x

I also brought my kitten to be looked at previously and instead of tending to my kitten, they tried selling me about different plans. I thought I was in a sales meeting. I will never go back!!!

I know people that work for Banfield. It is a corporation that only cares about money and not people or pets. STAY FAR AWAY.

View more comments (3)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Deltona, Florida - Attitude,long wait,nonpersonal and nonprofessional

4/7/2010 Banfield Pet Hospital in South Orlando: The lady at the desk (Jenny) was not very personable, felt like she had a defensive attitude and didn't know much. Waited 45mins to see the vet who didn't even introduce himself or acknowledge my dog. Vet and vet assistants did not seem very knowledgable. Vet was not professional, telling me not to listen to his assistant because she "doesn't know anything". Overall, I was in the hospital for about an hour and a half. This was my first time at the hospital. Wasn't very impressed. Don't recommend this hospital!

Banfield Pet Hospital misdiagnosed problem and ripped me off

I took my new puppy to Banfield Pet Hospital in Columbia, Maryland for diahrrea. The vet told me he had Giardia, and put him and my other puppy on Panacur for 5 days. He told me to bring the puppy back in 3 days for a recheck. The girl in the front office told me it would cost $32.95, and it would be covered under todays visit. When I came back 3 days later, the same vet kept trying to get me to sign up for the wellness plan, before he even checked the puppy. I asked him why he didn't tell me about the plan before I spent $410.69 on the first visit. He said it was because the puppy was sick. He then told me the puppy was fine, and charged me another $67.11. (Evidently, the girl behind the desk was wrong when she told me that the visit was covered.) The puppy continued to have diahrrea, so I took him to another local vet. This vet diagnosed the problem correctly, and told me that a Giardia test is totally useless. The puppy had Coccidia, and was well within 5 days after being on Albon and Metronidazole tablets. They only charged me $131.42, and fixed the problem the first time. I am still receiving calls from Banfield at home, trying to get me to sign up for the wellness plan. NEVER in a million years!!!

After the experiences I have had with Banfield (this location in particular)The ladies at the front desk are very nice and helpful but I have no confidence in trusting my dogs health to the vet. I would say they are adequate for routine shots but nothing more. Long story short they did not catch that my puppy had tape worms even though I told them I thought he did. Apparently the routine dewormer is not enough to kill tapeworms which require a special shot that they did not think to tell me until my poor puppy had suffered from tapeworms for 2 1/2 weeks, despite numerous calls asking when the worms were supposed to be gone.

After bringing him in at 5 months because he was limping they told me he may have something broken and they would need to do an xray-while he was under anesthesia..estimated cost: $550.00 -I felt like they were trying to rip me off when they said they would not recommend doing the xrays while he was under for his neutering to save money and the danger of putting him under twice.

We did end up combing the procedures which saved three hundred dollars. They only took x-rays of his knee which Dr. Studdard said was the problem. She reffered us to an orthopedic vet and when I took him there the new vet said his knee was fine and it was his hip. So I had to pay 250 more to have the new place xray his hip (while he was awake,apparently you do not need to put a dog under for a hip xray)

So it is his hip and we are having the new vet do the surgery to fix it.

We cannot get our money back from Banfield for the wasted xrays they performed. I understand she may not be a orthopedic vet but common sense would tell me that if she was unsure of what may be wrong with a dog (while his owners were paying hundreds of dollars to find out) she should probably take xrays of the hip and knee just in case.

Also the fact that nothing is actually wrong with his knee and she "interpreted" (there was a 70.00 interpretation of xray fee) the xray to me as if there were many things wrong with it bothers me.

I would think that a vet would know a little more about general structure of dog bones, even if that is not your specialty.

While I am upset about wasting 250 dollars on these worthless xrays due to the lack of common sense by the vets at Banfield I am more worried about the animals that are taken there for things other than normal shots.

Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Detroit, Michigan - The Product is at fault not Banfield

I used First Shield today on my 29lb puggle. She within 10 minutes starting acting funny. She became very anxious and winning within 30 minutes. At 45 minutes I bathed her and washed it off! To my shock it burnt her hair the tub was filled to the point the drain clogged. I reported the problem to the vet and to First Shield as well. Banfield was concerned and helped appropriately. First Shield seemed more concerned with telling me over and over that the EPA passed their product. When I told them there were a lot of complaints about it on the banfield site alone they did not care. Called the EPA too. To protect our pets report the problem don't just post it here! As far as Banfield I love them! Freya had no ear drums due to improper treatment at our old vet. She now after months of loving care has both back intact! Thanks!

Used First Shield on my Yorkie; within 6 hours she began to have uncontrollable spasmodic movements of her entire body; called Banfield, they said to call First Shield's Hot Line. I did, left a message to call me, they never have.

I finally gave my pet a muscle relaxant I found in the house and she stopped spasming.

I bathed her and continued the muscle relaxant; after 2 days she was OK. I will never use First Shield again and I will tell everyone I know who has a pet my experience.

#131988

Used first shield trio on my 3yr old Cocker Spaniel. Next day i noticed big wet looking spot on his back.

I looked closely and it was a big bloody looking blister!It's very painful for him and he will lose his hair in that spot.

It's so aweful to see him suffer like that. I feel first shield should reimburst me for the the meds, hospital visits and all my charges that occured from the results of their product!

View more comments (1)

Banfield Pet Hospital Dublin California

banfield vet in dublin california is very bad, unprofessional counter help and they have hurt my kitty. visits to then have cost me vet bills thereafter....i will never go back to them again, i have given them 3 chances why go on and on they hospital sucks. i will shop at the store itself but never again never again never again never again never again never again never again never again never again never again never again never again never again never again never again never again never again never again never again never again never again never a
Review
I went to Banfield Vetinary Services at Petsmart in Brandon, FL. /Hwy 60 to purchase flea treatment for my cats. I asked for advantix but they claimed they were out of it. They then talked me into purchasing a product called First Shield, which I had never even heard...

Call the corporate office as the product is guaranteed.

View more comments

Banfield Pet Hospital in Dallas, Texas - Banfield medication is way overpriced

I brought my kitten to Banfield for treatment of an eye infection in March 2010. I was given a 3.5 oz tube of Eythromycin Opthalmic Ointment and charged $40 for it. I thought this to be rather high, so I called a local pharmacy and the same medication was $9. I'm okay with paying more to buy my prescription at the vet, I realize they need to make money, but come on, $30 more for a $9 medication is downright unethical. I learned a good lesson, I will always call a local pharmacy to price check any prescription I get for my pets from now on. The fact that Banfield did this to me shows that they are all about the money. Unfortunately for them I will not be renewing my three wellness plans that I have for my pets, so they are now out at least $1,000 a year from me. I'm going to take my animals to a locally owned vet.
Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona - Banfield runs a racket type of Vet clinic.........

I went to the Tatum and Shea clinic on 03/15/10 in Phoenix AZ . My dog contracted kennel cough from a low cost clinic the week before when he had teeth removed. The Vet. Dr. Harris wanted to rule out heart worms and valley fever. She said he could be treated with a strong antibiotic for kennel cough if he did not have either of the 2, mind you this is a virus and they can not test for kennel cough. I agreed to rule out heart worms and valley fever, so $236.00 later they call me after 7 days to let me know that my dog does not have either. In the mean time he is still coughing . They said in order for me to get a persciption for him I would have to bring him back? For what, I ask he is still coughing and nothing has changed. They said is was their policy to re- check him..... I am pissed, then she says she can give me 50% off of the office visit. What is the point I ask, she says they need to see him before they can prescribe anything......I will never support Pet smart again, and definitely not take any of my animals to their clinic........

Im so sorry about your experience with Ozzie. The front desk person should be repremanded for not getting you emergency care.

If the DVM was in surgery and your pet had a life threatening condition, depending how far the pet was in sx, they could have placed that pet on hold and attended to yours. The thing I really hate about Banfield is there unwillingness to see themselves as just a "clinic". Most hospitals, and the vets, think they are in a state of the art with life saving equipment and that unfortunately is not true. There is no ultrasound, oxygen cages, even simple blood machines that detect rat poison.

I know all this because I have worked as a nurse at one for 4 years and can tell you all the ins and outs of the place, and trust me, if your a customer you probably wont want to hear it.

In the future, if your pet has an emergency situation PLEASE dont take it to Banfield. Its a GREAT idea to know all the closest 24 hour ER only pet hospitals in the area for the safety of your pet.

Oh Beverly,

Such a sad story.... thank you for your comment. Wow it is truely a money making business and not about the wellnes of our loving and devoted animals......

My 9 yr old Boston Terrier had difficulty breathing and called the office of Bainbridge,Ohio,to see if I could bring him in. This was emergency.

They said ok,only to find out,I was put in a room and ignored. Looks like they were doing surgery and no one could come and acknowledge me. Meantime,my baby took his last breath and went limp. If they were understaffed or busy,they should have told me up front,so I could have taken him somewhere to get help.

I have read some of these comments and now learned the hard way. I no longer have my baby Ozzie and I purposely was trying to get help for him. He was my baby and just wanted to find someone to help him.

And they didn't even come into the room to check on him. :cry

View more comments (2)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Washington, District Of Columbia - Banfield extreme overcharge for broken toe

My daughter's dog was limping on a Saturday, so we took him to Banfield to assess the problem. After 5 x-rays, they determined he had a broken toe and splinted and wrapped it. The bill?: $696.00!!!! What for? Office charge, medication, hopsital fee, wrapping materials, everyone who breezed by the room while it was happening ($43 each, about 10 of those, not kidding). It would have been more had the vet foregone charging for two of the x-rays and my daughter opted not to have blood work done to make sure the medications wouldn't cause liver damage!! After three days, the splint was out of position and we took him to our regular vet who stated that the splint was the wrong size, wrapping was done wrong, and the charge?: $50.00 Banfield is not only incompetent, but unethical, and frankly on the edge of immoral in how they treat customers. From what I can tell, the ONLY thing they are truly interested in is $$$$

I agree that Banfield overcharges. I'm not going back there for sure.