Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
The Banfield in Roseville Mi is a Joke. All they care about is money. The female Dr. "M" is a complete joke. She hates her job and does not care about your animal just the money you are willing to dish out for you pet. Banfield's so called "Vet techs" are not...

I think you are a joke, get a life.

Banfield Pet Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin - Banfield study up please

Learn your wellness plans! I got a wellness plan for my cat. I was told that it would cover everything I needed. Come to found out my cat needed blood work twice a year and a urine test. "Sorry your plan only covers ONE blood test and the next plan up covers the urine..." BUT you cant upgrade today because we already ran the test and you would screw us out of our 150$ Need I say way to screw your customers sorry need to put in more works to meet the 100 word requirement, five, four, thee, two one.

pa2kay in refferance to your last statment about needing to meet a 100 words you should have said

DONT GO TO bainfields AS THEY ARE RIPPOFFS AND TRY TO OVER CHARGE YOU.

THEY SUCK

I must say Banfeilds wellness plan is a ripoff. That is why I never signed up for it. Honestly go to a real vet, your animal will get much better care.

Sounds like your a person who can't read contracts before you sign them. IF YOU READ THE CONTRACT YOU KNOW WHAT IT COVERS. Second Wellness plans are for healthy pets and can not be upgraded if you pet is sick again read the contract.........

View more comments (2)
Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Washington, District Of Columbia - Banfield pet hospitial in weatherford

they have pissed me off to a point that they will not give up my dogs xrays to be reviewed by another vet the doctor will not talk with me there trying to hide something that they have screwed up with my do I HAVE TRYED 3 BANFIELDS WHEN MY DOG GOT FIXED SHE LOOKED LIKE SOMEBODY HAD BEAT HER IHAVE NO LUCK WITH THEM HAVE THERE SO CALL WELLNESS PLAN AND THEY CHARGE FOR STUFF THEY DO NOT DO THEY ARE IN THE WRONG BUSINESS FOR THE CARE OF ANIMALS I FILL THEY SHOULD NOT BEEN IN THE BUSINESS TO CARE FOR ANIMALS

First of all any x-rays taken by a hospital are hospital property not yours. So if you want another doctor to view the x-rays you have to pay him to take them.( Learn laws regarding medical care before you speak) Second banfields are not linked so going to 3 Banfields is like going to 3 separate doctors that are not linked.

Third its a Wellness Plan read the contract before you sign. Ignorance is not a valid reason to complain

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Alexandria, Virginia - Don't recommend Banfield as primary vet

I purchased two dogs on Jan 16th and took them to Banfield on the 18th because I wanted to make sure they were healthy and it was the vet I could walk in quickly. I had gone to Banfield in a different city and they were waiving the enrollment fee for their wellness plan. When I got to the Banfield closer to home the office staff said there was no such progam as far as they knew. I didn't want to enroll the dogs and not be able to cancel it later because I would probably only end up keeping one dog. The doctor told me to enroll the dogs, and once the fact that the other store wasn't charging, my fees would be refunded. It's been three weeks and I still don't have my money back. I have left several messages and each time they tell me "I'll leave a note" or "I'll check on it". Now that I don't have the other dog, they won't cancel the plan without me paying an additional $270 for services I'm not going to use...why am I essentially paying for a spay and shots if I'm not going to use them. I wouldn't have enrolled them if the doctor hadn't said I could cancel. I still haven't been refunded my $263. On top of all of that, when I bought them in on Jan 18th, I was given the list of upcoming shots and their next appointments. We went back for a second appointment a few days ago and they did everything that was done on the first visit and changed the shot due dates. I have second guessed everything that Banfield has told me and I'm definitely not looking forward to taking my dog back there. Not only that, the doctor doesn't spend anytime explaining anything to the "dog parents", he just runs off when I asked questions. I'll be switching vets ASAP!

You know, I could lower my standards to reach your obviously unintelligent level but instead I will ingnore you lack of educated thinking.

hahaha you wont get your money back, those services are pre paid, and if your not sure your going to keep a dog, dont sign them up on the plan you ***, I laugh in your face. thats like paying for insurance on a car your going to get rid of

View more comments (1)

Banfield Pet Hospital in San Ysidro, California - Wallet first, pet second

First of all, I recognize that pet care costs money. That's the reality of it. But there are limits, and Banfield went beyond them. Over a year ago, I got a 3 month old golden retriever and signed him up for Banfield's Wellness Program subscription. Seemed like a good deal. You get free checkups, which we all know are far more frequent for puppies than adult dogs on average. What I hadn't counted on is their uncanny ability to find something "wrong" with my dog every time I brought him in! Once our pup got a clean bill of health. "He looks great." They said, but still strongly urged a teeth cleaning ($180) for teeth that are sparkling white. No thanks. The most ridiculous event was when I brought him in for loose stool problems. They said they would test him for stomach parasites. It would cost $150 and they'd have to board him for a couple hours. Okay, I want my pet to be healthy, right? After they call to tell me he's ready, I come back, wait 25 minutes for them to finally bring him out, and then inform me that the test results did not turn up any parasites. I'm relieved. But then they tell me that the test isn't 100% accurate, so they recommend anti-parasitic medications (liquid and pills). So I buy those as well, wanting my dog to just feel better. When I ask why they test him if it doesn't even give an accurate answer, they brush it away with words like "standard procedure" and "how it's always done." His loose stool problems went away with time, but it was well after the meds. Whether the meds helped him or not, paying a total of $210 for meds that usually run for $30 seemed wrong. And that wasn't even including my "free" checkup! Imagine what it would cost for a non-subscriber! The whole experience gave me the distinct feeling of being ripped off. Banfield preys on your conscience and on your desire to care for your pet. Do yourself a favor: find a vet you can trust. Do a little research, and you won't have to depend on a corporation for something as important as your pet's health.

Precisely, Me!

It reminds me of a car mechanic you go to for an oil change, and then they find a half dozen other things that aren't broken/empty, but "really should be taken care of."

I completely understand your frustration about Banfield seeming to make up problems. I recently took my dog to a new vet who came highly recommend as one of the best.

She used to work for Banfield. Her biggest complaint was that the corporation pushes high volume/high sales. They aren't as concerned about the quality of care or the pet, just the ability to make money.

Needless to say she quit working for them and has her own clinic. She mentioned that their wellness plan is good if you get the pet spayed/neutered but that they will come up with something extra for you to pay no matter what.

Brittney, did these people give birth to these animals? I don't think so.

They're owners! And their Banfields Techs are not nurses! Far as I know there are no "nursing" programs for animals, no RN degrees for animal techs. Banfield cracks me up, they claim to be a full service hosp, they are a CLINIC at best.

They can't even properly hospitalize an animal because the vet, or anyone one else can't get back in to the hosp after hours because Petsmart has the doors locked and the docs have no access. So if you've got a real sick animal, Banfield will work it up, charge you out the *** then you'll have to transfer to an emergency clinic and get more charges. Tell me this isn't how it works! I know, I used to work at a Banfield as a vet.

If you didn't come out of the room with a $200 bill for ear cleaning, you weren't doing your job and providing "quality medicine".

I notice nearly 100% of Banfields reviews, no matter where you look, are bad. That should tell you something!

first off, to *** about the cost of healthcare is like *** about the government, you cant change it, so live with it. Another thing, a lot of parents dont know what to look for on their dogs teeth when there is supposed dental calculus, which is tartar buildup, People that don't get their pet's teeth cleaned, sometimes end up getting periodontal disease or gingivitus, thirdly, it's not that the test isn't 100% accurate, they run these tests to rule out possible infections, being that there are a million things that could be affected your pet which means numerous testing to actually find out what it is, or I guess you could have the dr.

wing the diagnosis and treat for something she assumes it might be.

How bout you do yourself a little research and find out the actual cost of veterinary care for an animal before you buy one. because its not just banfield that rakes up the cost, thats evey hospital.

View more comments (3)
Review
As a first-time pet owner, I took my cat to Banfield and ended up paying for costly tests and medications that my cat didn't even need. They spent more time trying to sell me their optimal health plans than discussing my concerns for my cat's health. When I...

Took my dog to Banfield and was convinced to sign up for the plan. They gave my dog a few shots and did a check up.

After paying $113 initial fee, got home and decided to cancel. No problem, as long as I paid an additional $179 for the check-up, making the check-up come to $289. Wow, even with no health insurance, my doctor only charges $179 for the check-up. Basically, I saved $70 for not paying for the plan for a year.

Rip-off!!! Then they wanted me to pay another $700 for teeth cleaning and extraction of one tooth!

Review
There is a Veterinarian that owns a Banfield practice in Manahawkin, NJ that has conducted unprofessional, unethical and poor care of patient records. He deliberately,maliciously, publicly,carelessly,& recklessly transferred client records to a former business partner...

Several incidences of poor customer service and poor care. Complete miss diagnosis of serious injury.

After seeing the Manahawkin Banfield vet and received his diagnosis (which was "she'll be fine"), it didn't sit right with me. So I took her to North Star Vet Hospital in Robinsville Township. My Dog needed surgery to repair her injury which if left unfixed would have left her lame. Inflexible polices and rudeness.

There are very nice staff that, you can tell are somewhat horrified at some of the situations. I feel bad for them. Pulled my pets out of their wellness plan. Banfield as a Whole, was easy to deal with.

Very good corporate customer service.

Refunded Wellness Plan when they didn't have to. This practice in Manahawkin needs a bit to be desired.

Review
This is the email I sent to Banfield: Today I took my dog to Banfield ( the Arlington Heights IL location) for a checkup. It was my first time there. I was interested in signing up for the Banfield program to help keep my vet bills manageable. My last dog I took to a...
RYMS45

:sigh I had the same experience with Banfield a couple of years ago with my puppy. They charged me for a full year of monthly service charges even though they made my dog sick.

I took him to another vet and the damages to my puppy's stomach/bowels were irreversible. He was 4 months old, I had to have him put down.

Review
we took him to many an expesnive vet, but finally banfield found the cause of the fungus growing on our dog, and the treatment they prescribed cleared it up in 2 months. This fungus by the way, was picked up from a well know boarding facility/vet. And they could not...
JerBrown

Please share what treatment they found. My cocker spaniel has had an 'incurable' itch for a couple of years and would like to try what you did. thx

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia - Banfield Killed My Jack Russel, Lets Ban Together & Ban Banfield

Our boy was taken from us due to the neglect of our vet at Banfield. He had a simple operation in which they decided to inject him with so much Valium before he was sent home, that he went into respiratory arrest in the car within 2 minutes of placing him in there. They were so worried about going home on time that they pushed his care off on us and shot him up. To top if off, they called me THE NEXT DAY and said I owed the remainder of the wellness plan he was on. Since we renewed it right before the surgery....the cost was over 600 in addition to the surgery. They can go to H3ll;;;; I mean the day after, the day after I lost my boy who had been with me for 8 years of my life????? Can't you people have any empathy towards you clients? You all make me sick. I have spoke with a lawyer and do plan to pursue a suit against this awful place. DO NOT TAKE YOU DOG CAT OR ANY ANIMAL HERE. We were told this doctor was one of the best in the area, but sure were wrong. What the *** is wrong with these people? The only thing that would make me happy would be to hear that they went bankrupt. I think we all need to BAN together to get BANfield BANNED from the USA.

Write to your State's Attorney General to get Banfield Hospital closed.

Facebook "Ban Banfield" youtube Banfield Killed My Chihuahua

#202591

My cat was found injured on a Saturday. I had two choices, Animal Urgent Care (who charges an arm and a leg and then some) and Banfield.

I opted for Banfield. After two days my cat was responding very well to treatment. On the third day they decided to give him something to make him more "comfortable". Within 10 minutes I received a phone call that he was doing worse than anticipated and we might want to consider "putting him down".

I immediately returned to Banfield only to find that my baby was already dead. My opinion is that they either overdosed him or gave him the wrong meds. Everyone I've spoken with agrees with my opinion. He had been doing so much better that morning.

Even the vet commented on how much more active he was.

In my initial grief, I trusted them and their diagnosis. It wasn't until afterward I realized they most probably screwed up.

Im on board, worse helathcare for pets you can find!!! I lost a pup and over $8,000 trying to fix their medical screw ups!!! Hope you get them

Banfield was responsible for the death of my cat - and they are still charging me for it. I'm still upset and filed with the BBB.

My dog was killed by Banfield as well. They botched his surgery improper stitching of the intestines plus they kept sending him home with antacids when he had perforation.

If you are interested... I would be willing to back up your evidence.

They killed my dog in 2005 when after an exam... which the vet clearly felt the lump in my dogs belly.... and I explained he had eaten chicken bones... brought in his vomit with chicken bone fragments...

and bloody diareah(sp).... they spent 45 minutes trying to talk me into the welless plan to cover tests they wanted to run, but were unnecessary. When I finally asked them if they would do SOMETHING if I signed it...they started to work on him. He died 5 minutes later while they xrayed him.

I had already written the check and was filling out the paperwork when they came back in to tell me he had died. I immediately ripped up the check and application. When I spoke with corporate... they told me that they agreed that it took too long for them to see him and also that treatment was delayed too long too, but they did nothing to remedy the situation.

Apparently... they have not learned.

Write me at Tazzlover8@yahoo.com and I will be glad to help where I can.

My dogs are like my children and his death was VERY difficuly on me. So I understand your grief.

They had a new vet in Winston Salem, NC who tested our dog and stated that my puppy had an eye infection and prescribed eye drops. In fact this new vet failed to test properly and my dog had glucoma and was totally blind in two days. Funny, that vet was no longer with Banfield.

I found out that the statements you sign when you fill out those cards holds Banfield harmless from legal actions.

I am angry that my boy had to go blind because a vet did not conduct the correct testing procedure.

Sorry for your loss. We love our animals and tret them as true family members.

View more comments (7)