Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Banfield Pet Hospital in San Antonio, Texas - My English Springer Spaniel was made to wait for 2 hr. with me telling them he was bleeding .

my dog has been followed and taken care of at Banfield in Sa, Tx. for years. He is 11. I went there telling the lady he was bleeding frank red blood and needed to be seen immediately. I waited the 2 hrs thing it was more important for him to be seen by someone who knew him . He became listess and I got more concerned only to be tole agan it could be another 2 hours. I had spent thousands of dollars at this clinic and still my dog was ignored. I took him to the emergerncy hospital where he was in critical condition and had to stay days in the hospital . Needless to say I got a referral for another vet. This clinic lost a very good customer with 3 dogs and 3 cats who are always given wellness care. I am an RN and I know when people care about their job and their patients. These folks have idiots at their front desk. Thanks for the opportunity to ventilate.
Loss
Banfield Pet Hospital - They Let My Dog Die
I took my 18 week old Siberian Husky to Banfield to be chipped, and he came out with PARVO. He died 9 days later. They admitted he could have contacted it in their hospital, but accepted no responsibly. They also refused to treat him without payment, which I had to put...

Same thing happened to my dog went in for phiromitosis surgery and came out with parvo he died four days later

View more comments
Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Newark, New Jersey - Cat went in with eye infection,came home anorexic and deaf

My cat went into Banfied with an eye infection. She was 100% healthy & happy at the time except for that. Banfield said she had ear infections, dental tarter and need booster shots. Talked us into the Wellness Program. We kept her overnite to get all done. She was given general anesthesia for her teeth. We picked her up the next day and she came home lethagic, totally anorexic and DEAF! We had to force feed with a syringe. One week later we brought her back and she is there now. They are giving her IV fluids and antibiotics. After we left her here on the way home, the nurse called saying it would cost us near $500.00 for this event (which is their FAULT). We had already paid $270.00 for the first visit and $96.00 for the so called "Wellness Plan" and $22.00 per month will be taking out of our charge account for the next year. We could not argue as the cat was very sick and we love her. We do not know the outcome, but we feel they did something, maybe it was the anesthesia as to why she is deaf. WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO PAY ADDITIONAL MONEY TODAY IF WE PICK HER UP. I am sure if we refuse, they will not give us back our cat! We need help and don't know where to go.

This place is a rip off and should be investigated by a government agency. They tack on loads of charges with their double talk wellness plan. Go to a local vet that isnt a chain and you will pay less and with better care.

**they cant

You need to argue with them and prove your point sternly. My cat has an infection also and we are also with banfield.

If this happened to me, I would argue that it was not my fault.

Make them prove to you that they didn't cause it (most likely you cant) so that leaves you to contact a lawyer..and oh, bring her to another vet ASAP. (Check reviews online)

View more comments (2)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Woodbridge, Virginia - Banfield, vaccines and a swollen pup

I took our two dogs (chihuahua and rat terrier) to Banfield for their vaccines. My rat terrier had shown signs of allergy in the past to the Lepto vaccine so to thwart this we also covered the cost of medications to ensure no adverse reactions. Both dogs were given the allergy injections, very roughly I might add, and then given their vaccines. Once we got home our rat terrier began to swell like a water balloon. His lips were swelling so much they were purple and the animal I was looking at and holding to rush back to the clinic was not my dog anymore. The Banfield clinic was closed so we had to go to the emergency vet for another injection. The doctor at Banfield, when giving the injections, said he wouldn't charge us for one of the shots and didn't write it down so that when we went to the ER we had no record of what our dog had originally been given! Thank goodness when they started calling out drugs I remembered which one he said he was giving the dog or else I would have had a dead puppy. Do not take your dogs to the Banfield clinics.... I don;t even know if their "vets" are really vets.....

i dont get what was done wrong???? lol this is ridiculous not everything is 100% even with a shot of diphenhydramine they can still get a reaction u ppl just wanna find someone to blame

Of course their vets are vets. They only hire DVM's to practice medicine as with all veterinarians (except teaching hospitals, who use current students).

They certainly didn't cause an allergic reaction in your pet. They knew his past history with a vaccine reaction and acted appropriately by giving him an injection to hopefully keep it from happening again, likely diphenhydramine (benedryl).

Just because it didn't work doesn't mean they did anything wrong.

As for the Banfield doctor not "writing down" what injection was given, you said he didn't charge you for it (this was a very NICE thing to do), which is why it wasnt on your invoice. Had he put it on the invoice, many computer systems will not let you over ride the cost to zero, so you would have been charged.

I can only assume that since your dog was ok after another injection at the emergency hospital, that the reaction wasn't that severe. I don't mean it didn't look scary, but a bad reaction can cause anaphylaxis which causes the whole body to shut down.

Plsease don't blame a vet for a problem that was caused by your dogs own immune system. :(

View more comments (1)
Review
Truth about banfield the pet hospital. This company is owned by MARS the m&m's making company. Now tell me how a chocolate / candy maker know about veterinary medicine. Well it is all about money making. whenever a corporation is involved it is all about making...

i have a pending malpractice lawsuit against banfield in ohio they ruined my great danes ability to walk properly and caught them giving false diagnosises on her saying she had bad teeth but her teeth was spotless and get cleaned regularly and had been cleaned 2 week prior so my attorny said when this is over that banfield office will be closed i have video of her playing b4 we left and in the morning she couldt get up steps

View more comments

Banfield Pet Hospital in Alliance, Ohio - Banfield Wellness Plan

Do not go to Banfield Vet. Clinics. They're over-priced and under qualified. A smart vet would work for himself not some big corp. I thought the prices were high so I signed up for the wellness plan to save money. My kitten died a few weeks later due to FIP and they make you call the main office to cancel. I tell the rep my kitten died under their vets care and she tells me I now owe them another $150. Guess I didn't make enough payments to cover the savings the plan offered. Felt like I was dealing with some big HMO. We don't need that kind of thing in animal care. If you don't believe me compare their prices to a local vet someone you know recommends. Its not worth the convenience.

You can't blame the doctor when you get sick, so why blame the Vet? You are hurt that your pet has passed, and you want someone to blame.

I've been there. Do you know what causes FIP? Not the Vet. I guarantee that your kitten got FECV, which you did not address early on and it turned into FIP.

Your kitten probably had FECV long before it saw a vet. FIP is always fatal and there is not test to diagnose it yet. It seems to affect cats with low immune systems. Most cats with FECV don't develop FIP.

If you got your kitten from a shelter, that's your likely culprit for where your kitty picked up the disease.

To call a Vet underqualified is ridculous, and you are the one being just that. Before you start pointing fingers, you need to do your research!

hey tv guy... thats not the same situation- u must work for banfield... because I just had the same problem that markpbodnar had.

Lets see, if you bought a TV and it fell off the wall and broke would you call the finance company and say "well it broke, I am no longer paying you"

View more comments (2)

Banfield Pet Hospital in Dulce, New Mexico - ONCE HEALTHY DOG-NOW BROKEN

I cannot express my anger with Banfield Hospital in Plano,Texas. We own a beautiful AKC cocker spaniel whom we have been the proud parents of since she was 7 weeks of age, and is now 7 years. Other then yearly vacs etc. we have never had any medical issues with her. We took our beautiful, healthy pet in for her yearly teeth cleaning and vacs. We returned to pick her up at the designated time and were told to have a seat. It took approx. 30-45 mins for the vet to come out and ask if our dog had been limping, obviously we said no. We were then informed that upon retrieving her from the cage she was discovered to have a limp. We were very confused and since we were told it was a slight limp our anxiety calmed. The next we knew the vet brings out our dog and not only was she limping, but was dragging her left rear leg behind her. The vet stated we should keep an eye on her and call them in the morning of the problem did not resolve. By the time we returned home she was showing obvious signs of pain and discomfort. I immediately phoned Banfield and demanded that our dog be seen first thing in the morning and that we be provided an answer as to what happened to our once healthy pet! We returned her and shortly thereafter I received a phone call from the vet asking "Has your dog been run over by a car because I have never seen this type of trauma in any other situation. I could not believe I was being asked such question about a dog who has never even been in our front yard!! The vet informed me that the ligament was completely severed and a splint would be required along with morphine for pain! We returned to pick her up at which time the vet reviewed the xrays with us pointing out the damage that occurred. We were told to give the morphine as needed for pain and bring her back in 10 days to eval whether or not she would need surgery to repair the damaged ligament. We decided to maintain our composure as we wanted pet treated without any malice from the staff. At this time we are still in the process of getting her well. This is one of the worst cases of negligience I have ever witnessed, and for the vet to have the odasity to ask if she was hit by a car was extremely disturbing. We now have the opportunity of seeing out pet possibly go through an unnecesarry surgery, and the development of arthritis. Needless to say our pets will never return to another Banfield hospital!! What ever happened to accepting repsonsibility? Word of mouth is a very powerful tool, and Banfield can be guaranteed that every person we know who owns a pet will informed of our experience and strongly discouraged from using this establishment!! We are also seeking legal counseling as this is clearly a case of negligence. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YOUR PET TO BANFIELD OTHERWISE YOU MAY END UP WITH A BROKEN PET!!

That is just terrible. My practice would never hide the truth if an injury occurred while the dog was in our care.

I am so sorry.

Review

Banfield pet hospital did not provide client service.

Banfield pet hospital did not answer their phone for days. There was no way to leave a message. I tried to cancel the Wellness Plan, to no avail. Now, they are going to send the balance to the collection agency. No client service at all for me or for my pet. I am broke. They provided no service. They cancelled and voided the agreement prematurely. There was no way to reach them by phone for days and days on many occasions. I tried to cancel, to no avail. They are unpleasant, unavailable, uncaring, only interested in additional money, and charged regular prices for my pet's meds prematurely.
#819088

I am having this exact problem. I am trying to cancel but the "cancelation" department doesn't answer.

I have been a good client for 9 years, but not I live two hours from the nearest Banfield.

Obviously, canceling is fair and appropriate. They better do the right thing.

i've had issues with my wellness plan, but i got it fixed. i was told it wouldn't go to collections unless you didn't pay for 90 days, that gave me plenty of time to clear everything up. don't blame your irrersponsibility on someone else.

I worked there and you will not have any resolution. They will continue to try to take payments for you and you have to jump through hoops to cancel the plan.

I don't agree with it and there are no excuses. :(

I'm sorry you could not get a hold of CTS. I know they had weather issues recently.

However, they do not cancel prematurely unless your payments did not go through.

I encourage you to try to get a hold of them to see what they can work out with you. I've seen some interesting deals created to satisfy many types of situations.

View more comments (3)

Banfield Pet Hospital in Niceville, Florida - Ex Employee

The Dr I worked for had a nasty temper and would blow off the handle for anything and everything. She has slung medical supplies of the Lab Table, Thrown Hoses and more. The nurses were very quick to get the patients "started" in the exam rooms while Dr D- would just leave them there for over an hour. Quite a few people got up and walked out. She has kept a small animal there for at least 2 months. This critter belonged to a client and she client signed for the animal to be EUTHANIZED and she Paid for the Euthanizaiton. We were told not to say ANYTHING about the animal still being alive and there. She also has another animal, a dog there which when I left- was told that we were NOT to say the dog was still alive. She overcharges and everyone working there knows it. Her service *** and Banfields prices are WAYYYY to high. Every Vet in our area has much lower prices.

Banfield hires people based on who you know and what you can do for someone. Also Banfield lets liars and cheats work for them. I have never seen this in private practice

And I've seen such treatment in private practice as well. This is not JUST a banfield issue.

You have "issues" wherever you go. Just there is more that someone can do to help better a practice beyond "leaving" to state your dissatisfaction like you have to when working in private.

Been there, done that in the past. Unfortunately.

Wow. to have something like that and not report it, it saddens me as an employee of Banfield.

There are many resources that you could have taken to prevent such behavior.

That is one of the nice things about being a corporation. there are much more checks and balances involved to help prevent poor care, treatment, and overall satisfaction for the pet, client and employees.

Sounds like this former employee is just a cry baby who needs a breast to suck on.

I hate whiners

Were u fired or did you get sick of the madness?

She is four? Well that would explain the temper tantrum displayed in this letter.

This "ex employee" is a bitter child that needs to go back to pre-school. I think she was fired because they didn't figure out that she was 4 years old until she started wanting her mommy and a nap.

What did you get fired for? You are just as guilty as the doctor if you saw this abuse happening and did not report it until you stopped working there?

Did this all really happen or is this just a temper tantrum. From the looks of the letter it looks like you were the problem not her.

View more comments (7)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Palestine, Texas - Beware of Dr. Sanchez at Humble, TX Banfield

Dr. Sanchez at the Humble, TX banfield is the most unproffesional vet I have ever met. She is never on time, doesn't provide accurate diagnosis of pet ilnesses and just doesn't care about her job. Additionally the staff at this banfield are rude, obnoxious, and not friendly at all. On top of that their wellness plans are one of the biggest cons going around. I got tricked into renewing my dog's wellness plan with them, but when I saw them for the crooks they were, a hard lesson I had to learn through experience, I gave them a piece of my mind and have never returned and instead I spread the news of their lowsy service and business practices. Go to a private vet who is personally invested in his business and who trully cares about pets if you want quality pet care.

Sorry about the rough time at your Banfield. I have to say however, that the staff and doctor at the Banfield here in Salem are fabulous.

Everyone is super nice, and the Dr. really seems to care about my Eva. I know that it is his job, but when she got sick a year ago he was fabulous. Even doing thing at discount or free for me since I'm a young single mom of two with little cash.

Eva's wellness plan more than pays for itself with the exams alone. I mean I pay twenty bucks a month, and I don't ever have to pay for an exam. Plus it covers all of her vaccines.

I can see why they may come off as 'a scam' but I wouldn't trade it for anything! Hope you find a good doctor within driving distance!

I apologize for the poor service you received there in Texas. Have you contacted Banfield Corporate offices yet? I highly suggest doing so. The wellness plans are excellent ways to extend your preventative care costs across the year. It does help many people save money in many areas of the nation where the costs are very comparable. There are many doctors within Banfield that are concern not only about your pet, but your pocketbook over their "margins". I encourage you to contact the corporation and even looking for another Banfield that may be more along your lines. While banfield may be a "corporation", they cannot control 100% of the doctors 100% of the time. Each clinic will have their own personality. Good or bad. However there are nice little checks and balances to help *** the bad out luckily. And I encourage you to voice your issues with those people.

Your wellness plan will be able to be transferred to any Banfield of your choice, just remember that your "year contract" starts upon the date of transfer. I encourage all my clients to talk to our vet before they make that final decision to go with our clinic. especially if they have had poor service with any other clinic, including other banfields.

I wish I could do more for you to help resolve this situation.

Here is corporate's main consumer number. 1-800-838-6738 I currently do not have the other number for customer satisfaction, however press zero Monday through friday and an operator should be able to guide you to that source.

View more comments (1)