Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Banfield Pet Hospital in Greenville, South Carolina - Horrified

I work at a Banfield in Mt. Juliet Tn. I do not like it there for the simple reason that, they treat animals like *** The vet that works there is new fresh out of college, she got mad the other day and hung a dog up by it's neck for about 1min. long enough for the dog to be choking. it was horrible, i think she needs to be fired for doing that to that poor helpless animal.. i told the office manager and she said she would talk to her. but they are good friends. anyways i reccommend everybody take there animals some where else because she is horrible to animals..

Contact the Medical Director NOW. don't come here and complain if you are not willing to take the stand and make the call.

You do NOT need to go through your OM to make these complaints. Get with your Field director as well.

Nice thing about being a corporation, we have the availability of other ways to be accountable, whereas in private practice, it is their business, they don't "care" as I was told in the past.

I believe it. I've heard many like stories.

I would never work for a place like that.

I'd be careful you could be sued for slander. There has to be some legal way to report it.

I find it hard to believe that a vet would do that. Though it has been done. Remeber that though Banfield is a corporation, all practices are privately owned.

quit??? Or report her to HR yourself??

If you don't like where you work then move on. :x

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Livingston, New Jersey - Banfield wellness plan as long as you never move or go on vacation

I have both my dogs on the wellness plan and one who received all her vaccinations became sick wouldn't eat or drink so I took her into to my local banfield she was diagnosed with parvo and giardia. both these illnesses she was given vaccines for but they never took due to a low immune system. they're vaccines have a warranty on them up too a thousand dollars. so thay started trying to cure her on their dime for one week all treatment was covered. since that week I had moved to houston and when I spoke with the banfield in my od town before I moved I was told do not worry when u get where your going go to that banfield and they will contact us and transfer ur medical records and you will be good they can takeover the treatment for your dog if she is still in need of it. lying *** I contacted the banfield here in houston and was told that I could bring my dog in and have checked out but I would have to resign a contract and that the warranty on the vaccines that failed and are now killing my dog was only transferable if the vet wanted to honor it. hopefully my dog doesn't die from this but I wanted to let all my fellow pet owners know that love their dogs and want them to have healthy lives if you never travel or go anywhere or plan on moving then banfield is an alright plan but like many of us that include dogs in our adventures and travels find an insurance or something else cause the wellness plan will only lead to heartache and uexpected financial stress if something should happen while you are out of town.
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in South Bend, Indiana - Banfield injured my cats leg during a routine visit

Banfield is ridiculous!!! All they care about is PUSHING their pet wellness plan on you!!! I took my 16 week old kitten for a routine booster shot and walked out with a kitten that had an injured leg. While trying to take my kittens temp. they were man-handling her to the point that she was screaming in pain/fear. The day after the visit my kitten could not put any pressure on her right front leg and was crying and shivering in pain. When I tried to call Banfield (at 2pm) they were closed. The phone message suggested that I call an alternate number (another vet/not banfield) When I called that number, they were either CLOSED TOO or just not answering!! I called the corperate number for Banfield but was quickly told that they could not resolve my problem. So basically Banfield Pet Hospital Corperation expects my cat to just "deal with" the pain UNTIL they are open... and even then they could not say if they would or would NOT pay for the needed medical care to repair the injury!!!!!!! I SUGGEST NEVER NEVER EVER GOING TO A BANFIELD ANIMAL HOSPITAL!!!

why would you assume they injured your cat? what many pet owners don't understand is that sometimes cats must be restrained, and the safest way for the cat and the tech doesn't look that nice.

proper cat restraint consists of holding the cat by the scruff and rear legs and "racking" them so they cannot *** or kick. some cats, especially kittens, will vocalize and struggle because it can be scary. it doesn't mean they were injured! as for the limping, the proper placement of a feline compo vaccine is in the right front leg.

did you ever think that the shot made her sore? soreness, slight swelling, favoring of the limb, and sometimes lethargy and inappetince can all be side effects of vaccines.

I hope your kitty is ok now. I am not a lawyer but I would have taken my kitten somewhere else, then sued them for the cost of the treatment.

BTW you have legal rights to your pets chart.

Ask them nicely as if you don't have a problem so they don't try to cover anything up (which I think is a felony). Make up some reason like you are moving so you need a copy to take to your new vet.

View more comments (1)
Loss
This so called pet hospital is just a scam. It is run by illiterate rejects who could not get a job at a butcher shop. Ask yourself when you were asked to sign a release for the death of your pet from shots at a regular vets office. They should never be allowed to get...

banfield treated my puppy after he ate some rat poison, visits free under "wellness plan". Blood tests (not free under plan) were taken every 2 weeks, were told results were still positive for poison, keep giving him expensive antidote, vitamin K1.

Average time to get a dog back to normal blood count = one month. Three months later, 6 blood tests ($120), and my dog lost all his hair... tests reveal still abnormal blood count. Vitamins made dog sickly.

Vet says, it's just vitamins, won't hurt dog. They are out to make as much money as they can, running tests for conditions that do not exist. $$$$$ Greed.

We stopped going to banfield, are joining class action lawsuit.

Dog grew hair back.

View more comments
Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Stone Mountain, Georgia - Banfield - now closed on Sundays

I have used Banfield in Woodstock, GA for years. Always open on Sunday, which is a great convenience since I'm a single mom and work full time. I just called to ask a question. The recording said they were closed. I call Petsmart and the person who answered said they were not open today or last Sunday and didn't know why. I was just there shopping the other day and there was no sign up anywhere posting new hours This is not right. No notice at all. This seems to be typical of how they operate....................I'm pissed
Review
I've just had one of the worst experiences in my life. I took our dog to Banfield to take care of a minor skin condition and was treated with disrespect and my dog was treated horribly. Please keep in mind that I love Banfield. The normal group of nursing staff and...

Report this to the NJ State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners!

View more comments
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Franklin, Tennessee - Used to be great, not so much anymore...

I have been taking my 11 year old cat to the Banfield in Sterling since we got him as a kitten. In his earlier years (back when this place was VetsMart) I was very happy with the service and care my cat was getting. I had him on their wellness plan, and was very impressed with how they carried out his yearly checkups, vaccines and his neuter surgery. I used to do the drop off appointments, where I could drop my cat off in the morning and pick him up in the evenings - those worked out great, because I always got update calls during the day and the vet would always write sweet little notes on the report to let me know how my cat had done. However, recently, things have really changed around here. Last year, I took my cat in for his physical and as usual dropped him off at 8 a.m. I called to check in around 2 and was told that my cat was fine and I could pick him up anytime after 4. Well, I showed up around 5 and the lady at the front desk told me the vet wanted to talk to me and made me wait an hour for the vet. The vet finally showed up and told me, in the waiting room, that he needed to run more tests on my cat and it would take another hour. Ofcourse I said ok, but my cat had been there ALL day...couldn't they have asked me about the tests when I called in to check on him and done them before I picked up???? Why make his stay at the clinic any longer than needed?? Anyway, the tests turned out to be fine, but I was there until 8 o clock trying to get my cat and get checked out...there was no other customers left but the staff was SO disorganized checking me out...they even forgot to give me my cat's medicine and I had to come back for it. They had also forgotten to cut his nails, which I had asked for when I made the appointment, when I dropped him off AND when I called to check up on him. To make matters worse, my cat was COVERED in *** when I picked him up...which made me wonder if he was even taken out of his carrier the whole time he was there. Since I have been going here for so many years without problems, I didn't make a big deal out of this instance. I took my cat back there for another checkup a few months back, and made an appointment rather than do a drop-off this time. I had confirmed my appointment but when I got there, I had to wait for nearly TWO hours before I got called in to see the vet. The check up went okay, and when I was checking out, I got the usual report of his physical condition...I used to love this about Banfield...they give you a little report of the physical which shows how your pet rates on his skin, eyes, ears, teeth etc. My cat has a history of anal gland issues...I had forgotten to ask the vet about it this time, but ran back in real quick while I was checking out to talk to him real quick. I had already been given the report saying that my cat's anal glands had been checked and were in good condition, but when I asked the vet, he said no, they had not checked my cat's glands but he would do it now that I asked...well, they turned out to be badly infected! I am so glad I didn't believe the report they gave me...otherwise, this would have been completely overlooked. Needless to say, I was NOT pleased. I had been happy with Banfield for the past 10 years of taking my cat there, but this past year has kind of put a damper on that. I am seriously considering looking for a new vet, but I hope things get better over at Banfield, because I really used to like them...

I've been going to Banfield of Sterling,VA for 13 years with several of my pets. I was very pleased with the service I recieved until the beginning of this year when I took my pet in to see a new doctor on their staff named Dr.

Baitis. She treated my dog horribly. She was very impersonal, and had a phony personality. She charged me for several tests that she said were necessary, but all came back negative.

She also put my pet on tons of medications that didn't work. When the corse of the meds was finished the problem still wasn't fixed she said that it can be a process to fix problems, some pets respond better to certain medications.

I have never had problems with a vet before, not one from Sterling at least, but she tops my list as a horrible vet. I

As far as the hospital as a whole goes, the customer service is excellent and the other doctors are wonderful, it's just her that makes the experience awful.

Interesting...I started working at a Banfield in Oklahoma right after a Dr. Buck was promoted to a Portland, Oregon position (this was about 1.5 years ago).

The first several months I worked there, established clients would ask what had happened to Dr. Buck...about half seemed to have loved her, and the other half seemed to have strongly disliked her - no middle ground.

I agree-- I've been taking my pets to Banfield for about ten years, and have been consistently happy with the care they've provided. The addition of Dr.

Buck has been very damaging to my opinion of the place as a whole. I've found her to be insensitive, judgmental, and she doesn't listen. How can she make good veterinary decisions for my pets when she isn't even interested in hearing my pet's history at home? (It turns out she can't because my dog is still suffering from the same problem Dr.

Buck failed to treat during the last TWO HOUR appointment.)

I've never had problems with any other vet at Banfield, but I am considering changing veterinary clinics altogether to avoid seeing Dr. Buck again.

just to clarify, the location I am talking about is Sterling, VA. As I said, I have been impressed by Banfield as a whole, but looks like things at this location have gone a little wrong recently...maybe they are understaffed...who knows.

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Dallas, Texas - Well dogs more important than sick ones

Our dog started puking last night and then had bloody stool this morning, called our vet "Banfield" at PetsMart and said we think she has parvo "HELP". We were told they had new patients and well dog visits all day but they could see her at 4pm 7hours later. So we found another local vet who saw her immediatly he confirmed that she did have parvo. He also said this is highly fatal in puppies and the longer you wait the higher the chances are of death. Needless to say we have a new vet. Banfield seemed more interested in Corporate Money than in the actual care of our puppy.

Just so everyone knows. Our Baby Girl had her follow up with our NEW VET, and she pulled through with FLYING COLORS.

4 days of treatment at home, and all I have to say is PARVAID. If you have a puppy/dog get Parvo...GET PARVAID. It SAVED our little girl. Our new Vet recommended it as a suppliment, and also gave her steroids/anti-biotics/pain meds, and she was eating by the SECOND DAY.

Unheard of success.

We LOVE our new vet...he CALLED US OVER THE WEEKEND TO CHECK ON HER...WOW! ---- BANFIELD NEVER AGAIN!

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Elmhurst, Illinois - Leave my cat for 10 days at Banfield?

My cat was having problems breathing and meowing becasue she swallowed something. We went to banfield, but when the vet found that the cat didn't have a vaccine for 2 years he panicked. He said he cannot do anythign with the cat becasue if someone gets scratched, the cat will have to stay in isolation at banfield for 10 days and the person taht got scratched will have to get medical examinations. They wanted to give my cat FIVE xrays, 2 blood checks and a bunch of other things which would cost me almost $1800. I went to a private animal hospital, the vet took a leather glove, held my cat and gave vaccinations. He put something into my cat's throat and removed a little marble. My total cost = $170. NEVER EVER BANFIELD.

10 days wow thats lucky here in california it can be 30-60days. Like was said before it is the law and why am I going to risk my life getting paid $11 an hour because you didn't vaccinate and now your pet needs help.

I'm sure if you vaccinated at Banfield they would have treated too! :sigh

And it's true, by the way, regarding required isolation of potentially rabid animals. Authorities and veterinary professionals are required by law to report animal bites on animals that are not properly vaccinated, and the owner (by law) generally has two options at that point: 1) euthanize the animal and have it's spinal cord test for rabies, or 2) pay to have the pet quarantined in isolation for 10 days and also pay for the exposed staff members' immunizations. The other veterinarian may have helped your pet and saved you cash, but technically he put himself and his staff at risk.

It's your legal responsibiliy to keep your cat vaccinated for rabies, and for good reason. While you think it's unreasonable that they wouldn't treat your cat due to an expired rabies vaccine, I think it's unreasonable of you to expect someone to remove a foreign body from your cat's mouth when it has not been kept properly vaccinated for a fatal disease that is transmissible to humans via a ***. Yes, the risk that your cat was even sub-clinically infected w/rabies was probably very, very low (and animals in early stages of infection sometimes do not show any signs at all), but that's a risk you've really got no right expecting others to take.

View more comments (2)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Staten Island, New York - Receptionist was not friendly. and makes many mistake. and lie about my dog's physical exam.

I called Ben-field to see if I can sign up for the wellness program at the same time my cocka poo puppy can be spayed. The women answered the phone was not friendly at all. Later I found out that she was the same lady who was there when I signed up for the program. It looks like she works there full time She is there all the time.She told me that the Dog needs Physical when I signed up for wellness program. It will take about an hour. So I left my dog there. and she told me to pick her up in an hour. when I came back to pick up my dog this receptionist does not acknowledge me at all although I was standing there waiting. I was there on time to pick up my dog.She was just talking and socializing with another customer. and She glancing over me saying. "Your dog is not ready". How rude. no apology what so ever. I told her Could you please call me when she is ready. and I left my phone cell phone there. I would like to cancel wellness program that I signed up for but How can I do that. Right now My dog is in for surgery at Ben-field I am so worry about her. I am very happy with the Vet we go to Everyone there loves my dog. Only reason I chose this place because we couldn't set up an appointment soon enough for her spaying. I want to go back to my old Vet. I have another dog 3 year old beagle. My old Vet loves my two dogs. Another thing is that my dogs physical record shows her weight is little over 10 pounds. Her sugery schedule date is one week later. her weight is over 16 pound. She didn't gain that much weight in one week. and her physical record shows her ear was checked and oder free but also that is not true her ear was smally at that time. I had to confirmed three times for my dog's sugery date. They picked the wrong date for the surgery. no appology from their part. I will look into cancelling wellness program. Ben-field and Pet Smart are not the store with friendly people working. They are not nice to all the animals at all. They pick and choose. I thinks all the animals are precious and special. and If you can't be nice to all the animals They shouldn't be working there.

Why would you let your dog have surgery at a place that you are not comfortable with? I would have waited to get an appointment at the vet I trusted. Why do you think they "pick and choose" what animals they are nice to?

Do you know english?? Maybe that is your problem ...

because I could bearly understand your "story"! Your spelling & grammer is HORRIBLE

It's banfield not Ben-Field.

Did you read the contract?? That will answer ALL your questions.

Unless you paid the year in full you cannot cancel the plan for a full year. You have to pay for the services you use I.E Spay. So your stuck.

Why in the world would you sign up for a plan if you don't like the staff?? BTW Tell them to set your plan to not renew after the year is up.