Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I work at banfield. And to the comment about the Giardia not working- at Banfield if your on a Wellness Plan its garunteed and if the dog does get the disease Banfield pays for it. Also Lyme isnt just in certain parts. Tick in MICHIGAN carry it and cases have been...
pissed off from vestal

i find it hard to believe anyone would waste there time making up stories about there experiences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reguardless we are all human and everyone makes mistakes so the fact that you are trying to say that most of the complaints are almost impossible shows how ignorant people can be!!

View more comments

Banfield Pet Hospital in Lawrenceville, New Jersey - Wellness plan - Ten

Some of you are incredibly dense, did you actually READ the plan before you purchased it. The Banfield Wellness Plan is NOT insurance, in fact Wellness implies that it is for keeping healthy animals healthy, it does not cover illnesses, diseases or broken bones. It helps you save money since the cost of vaccinations for a new puppy can average around $1,000.00 in the first year. Also Banfield is not a hospital but a doctor's office, so if your puppy is severly injured, sick or dying you would take it to the hospital. I doubt that if your child was incredibly ill you would take them to the doctors office, even though you know that they can't receive the proper care. So many of you constantly say that your pets are like your children, yet half of you don't even take care of them properly. Also, those who complain about their dogs getting sick after vaccinations, the vet lets you know what to do and what MAY happen if your puppy/kitten has a reaction. It is up to YOU to make sure that the issue is taken care of. Stop blaming others for your lack of pet ownership skills. My puppy goes to Banfield, has never been sick or had a reaction, I also make sure that I ask questions about every vaccination he receives. Everyone in the office knows Snuggles (my puppy) and comments on how much he has grown since his last visit. I recommend using Banfield to other pet owners. Once again just like you would do research on medical care for your children and yourself, do it for your pets as well.

I have 2 beautiful dogs on the Wellness plan at Banfield, and the Wellness plan works great if that's all you ever have to do is the routine vaccinations, comprehensive exams, and office visits. But if there's actually a medical need, they do try to run every single test under the sun.

One of my boys had a stomach issue for a week. He couldn't keep any food down. Every time he ate, he threw up. He was still a puppy and was going through the puppy stage of chewing and putting everything in his mouth. We concluded that he ate something that was causing the vomiting.

Well, after a week of my baby vomiting and many trips to Banfield, they wnated to run multiple tests, including bloodwork, some sort of x-ray, etc. One thing I noticed about Banfield is that they're not very good at explaining the procedures, they just print out whole bunch of stuff there going to do (all of which is foreign to me) and tell you how much you've saved or will be saving with the Wellness plan.

Well the estimate came out to $1700 and change. I said no thank you and took my baby to another vet that my dad takes his Yorkie to, what a difference that made.

The new doctor explained everything, he wasn't going back and forth to see other patients, he explained everything, he gave us options.. we left there with a regular x-ray and paid for the office visit. It was $200 and change.

It turned out that there was something in his tummy and we decided to schedule him for an operation a few days later. Well that night, my baby had some food and managed to keep it down. Called the vet the next morning to tell him, he said that there was no need to proceed with the surgery if he was eating and keeping his food down.

He just asked that we monitor him and give them an update every day for a week. Which we did. And if I was a little late checking in, they would call me to see how my baby was doing.

Now that's GREAT care. They weren't trying to run EVERY test in the book, the doctor was not only concerned about the well being of my baby, but was also considerate of our budget. That and the doctor said that if it wasn't necessary, he would rather bypass doing something evasive like cutting into my baby.

After much consideration, after going over the pros and cons, we decided to switch vets. I do want to add one thing about their front staff and the nurses... everyone that I've come across at Banfield has been great. They've all been really pleasant and courteous. So I was actually kind of surprised when I saw all the reviews about the staff being rude.

But I wasn't surprised about the over charging and them trying to get you to agree to whole bunch of tests. Fortunately I can say NO to anyone at anytime.

Yes, it's called a Pet Hospital, but it's not really an emergency hospital if it was it would be open 24 hours/7 days a week. If you lose a leg at 8pm do you wait until 8am the next day to go to the doctors?

NO! You go to the ER. Also, you don't have to get your pets vaccinated you can refuse services if you feel your pet doesn't need it. SPEAK UP!

It's your money, so if you don't want to pay for a service that you feel is unnecessary you can say so. Also, it is YOUR duty to ask questions if you feel like you still need answers. I find it funny that you feel the need to call me an *** and imply that I need to go back to Elementary School because I disagree with your opinion. I think I may have hit a nerve, maybe you've realized how uneducated you are about Banfield and it's Wellness Plan, it's ok we all get schooled every once in awhile.

Have a nice night!

Oh and don't bother responding, I could care less about your infantile tantrums. If you would like to discuss my post like an ADULT then maybe we can continue to go back and forth.

If not, then leave it be. I won't talk down about a company that has continuously treated my pet with great care.

:( You are an ***. The name of the business is "Banfield, the Pet HOSPITAL." They over vaccinate every pet that they have seen and it is the vet's job to give the proper information to the owner, isn't that what we pay an office visit for? Do yourself a favor and go back to elementary school.

View more comments (2)
Review
I came in at midnight with my yorkie trying to give birth - I set in the reception 30 min before being sent to a little exam room set in there another hour listening to the very young girls out front and a young tech (male) laughing and talking with each other - then a...

If you had to wait that long for an emergency then I'm sorry to hear it. Perhaps there were pets in the back treatment area that needed care.

All emergency care is extremely expensive. Speaking of money, I have to wonder if you were in that particular predicament because you were attempting to profit from your beloved companion by selling her puppies. As a vet I warn all my clients who chose to keep their females intact that it can be hazardous to their health.

Pyometra, complicated pregnancies, mammary tumors.... I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you will consider spaying your pet next time no matter who your vet is.

View more comments

Banfield Pet Hospital in New York, New York - The Employees are so Rude ~

I called to get a copy of vaccine records. I was on hold for 11 minutes and 35 seconds. When the receptionist finally came on, she said - I'll check and if I have them, I'll print it out for you to pick up. If you have them? After 11 minutes? I asked her if she could please check now, I really needed them. She sighed, put me back on hold, came back on said - I'll print them out, thanks bye - and hung up! I was speechless. I haven't been to Banfield for quite some time. This type of behavior is the reason I switched to our local veterinarian hospital - more expensive but I never leave there angry and when I call they remember my pups! This is certainly a "Buyer Beware!"

What?

Actually, just because there is a policy, does not mean all banfields actually FOLLOW the policy. I too work at Banfield and have been caught up in answer/hold regimine every 30 seconds during very busy times.

It took listening to our recorded phone calls to really realize what we are doing and kick myself in the butt to change that for the better for myself and my employees.

I suggest NOT calling a client a Liar unless you have the recorded phone call of that particular client.

And even at that, you should not use those terms. I suggest some more Client handling training if you plan on responding to clients outside the clinic.

I've been disconnected by them. I called when my cat got sick, they put me on hold and after about a minute on hold, it disconnected.

I was mad as it was a serious issue my cat was having, but stayed calm, as it could have been an accident. Still though, I'm mad at banfield about other issues...

I have never had to hold too long. The staff is very courteous and attentative to my needs.

Banfield is paperless, so all they have to do is type in your info and everything is printed. Here in Tampa, FL is that way.

I have to agree with the response, I have never been on hold for longer that 30-35 seconds

I work at Banfield, and we have a policy that we have to answer the phone every 30 secods when someone is on hold. You are aliar!

View more comments (4)
Review
Today, I've taken my cat to the Banfield Pet Hospital (#447), and had a very unpleasant experience there. I have called them earlier today to inquire about a walk-in service, which included obtaining a health certificate for my cat. I was told by the person who...
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Washington, District Of Columbia - Banfield employees are grumpy and rude

From all of these comments, I can see why I have really not enjoyed my time I am stuck with Banfield. You people who work at Banfield hate your jobs and I can see why. As soon as my plan expires I am through with you. The plan is a racket and the automatic renewel is criminal. I used you for convienience and now I don't have the time to fight with you. You win! I will stick it out with your grumpy receptionists, poor service and shady business until April when my plan expires. I hope you people all find better jobs.

You seem...very grumpy and rude

:cry

I was a Banfield member a few years ago for my cat and dog. Each time I went in, they treated me and the animals as strangers.

They knew nothing about the history of the animals, lost track of shot records, application of other treatments and diagnoised the animals diffrently each time.

When I compare costs tehn to the vet I see now, I realize I was never saving any money either. :x

Not ALL banfields are this way. The one i go to is wonderful.

Everyone is friendly, super nice, all smiles and helped keep my cat Mr. Bigglesworth alive by their preventitive care tests.

Without them he would have went undiagnosed and died. Thank GOD for banfield!

View more comments (2)

Banfield Pet Hospital in Stone Mountain, Georgia - Would not give test results

We took our dog to Banfield in McDonough, GA several years ago because she seemed lethargic. She was put on an IV to keep fluids up that morning, and they supposedly ran various tests (over $500 worth); but by that night he was dead. When I asked what the test results showed, I was told that they would not get the final results since she had died (of course they still charged for them). My fear is that they did nothing more than put in an IV and left her in a cage for most of the day since they seemed very busy. Otherwise why not give me the test results? Unfortunately we were new to the area and did not know about other providers. We now use Henry County Animal Hospital. They care, and they are very competent.
#199778

you have every right to get a complete copy of the pets medical record, including any and all tests (and those results). Most states allow 24 to 48 hours for this to be done.

If the pet is alive or passed away, you are entitled to this information, period.

I would make this request in writing. If you do not get the information you are requesting in a reasonable amount of time, i would then consider contacting the state board of veterinary medicine.

The test were ordered, you paid for them , therefore you have every right to request the results of those tests. The fact that the pet died is not appropriate for not receiving the results.

If they called and cancelled the test then you should have not been chargd for them. Are they hiding something?

View more comments (1)

Banfield Pet Hospital in Louisville, Kentucky - Banfield almost killed my dog

I took my dog to Banfield #1117 for a recurring monthly illness. They never did find out what was causing it I did. After my 4th time of taking her in I realized it must be the WormShield meds they had her on. The vet tried treating her for stomach issues. She was having an Ivermectin reaction. Had I given her another pill next month it would have more than likely killed her. They almost killed my dog and will not cancel my contract. Do not take your pet to Banfield they do not care about your pets. Heartless doctors!!

ivermectin is the key drug to ALL heartworm prevention. i understand youre upset but i doubt the doctors intended for this to occur.

there are many different reasons a pet could become ill, if only pets could talk to us and tell us what's wrong. maybe you should look into getting your monthly heartworm prevention custom compounded....

Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Meriden, Connecticut - I brought my dog to Banfield for a checkup, and she started vomiting as soon as I walked in my door.

To Whom It May Concern, I brought my dog into the local Banfield Hospital, for her regular checkup and updated her shots. When we got home she vomited eight (8) times in twenty(20) minutes. When I called them they told me to bring her right back in. I did this and they kept her for four(4) hours, giving her IV Fluids among other things. I was flabbergasted when I had to pay over another $150.00. My dog cost me $301.58+ just in vet bills and medication for her. Whatever they gave her or overdosed her on made her sick. She was pronounced in perfect health in the morning. I think some, if not all my fees should be recinded. I had to pay it cause she is my baby, but I only get $500.00 a month from Social Security, I am 70 years old. That is not much to live on these days. I will never bring my dog back to Banfield again, after the treatment I got today. It was the first and last time I'll go there. I'll be waiting to hear from you concerning this matter. My phone number is 401-738-0757 or you can write to my e-mail me at angel4helen@verizon.net or my neighbor's, willismaryc@yahoo.com. I will continue to shop at Pet Smart though. Thank you, Helen E. Ledoux PS I am using a friend's computer as mine needs repairs, that I cannot afford.

I encountered the almost the same situation. I have a yorkie and instead of giving him his vaccine shots on different days they gave all 7 to his little body.

When he came home he was very lethargic, which yes I know is normal. But he then developed a weird breathing pattern, it almost sounded as if he had asthma. The next morning I took him back because I was concerned and they told me I could only drop him off. It broke my heart I had to leave him there but i trusted them to take care of him.

I was mistaken , when they called me to say i could pick him up the vet said she saw nothing wrong with yet she gave me rimadyl which is a pain medicine. I asked why and she said just in case. I was too worried about my dog to question her further because she clearly was not there observing my dog, she was in surgery with some else's dog. I then drove my dog home and he began to vomit.

I called banfield concerned that my dog was just getting worse every time he went there, they told me to bring him in to another banfield because they would be closed. I did so and the people there were extremely ruined I was in tears, I was only concerned with my dog I wanted him to be happy and not lethargic, not eating or drinking, They told me he was not dehydrated, how is that possible if he's vomiting and not drinking or eating?!?!? The vet attacked me saying i was a horrible pet owner because the dog was not having reactions to the vaccines but clearly he must of eaten something from my house and that i was not watching my dog to realize that he could be choking on something. i felt horrible and the vet was making me feel even worse, i love my dog.

They finally did the xrays and blood work only to find out there was nothing to be found and that he did not swallow anything. completely scared of what was wrong with my dog and upset that banfield was mean to me and obviously clueless on how to care for a dog and took him to another vet not part of a chain. they examined him saying he was dehydrated and needed to be put on IV and gave him antibiotics. When i brought him home he was breathing fine, eating well drinking water and no longer vomiting and back to his very playful self.

never again will i leave my dog with banfield to they can mistreat him and then blame you calling you a horrible pet owner. i lost days of work to stay with my dog and out of more than $1,000 just because banfield wanted to play the blame game and be careless.

ps. they even gave me the wrong heart worm medicine. they gave me the one that said for 50lbs dog ...

my dog is a toy dog hes not 50lbs even i know that!!!!!!!!

careless is what they are!! never again

What would happen if it were YOU in this situation? You'd go ahead with the treatment to save your own life, then you'd *** about the cost and blame the hospital.

You're welcome for the social security by the way.

I work hard to make sure you get that check. Maybe should have thought about retirement a few years earlier, huh?

@Nick

You are rude!

Sounds like your dog had a reaction to the vaccine she was given. Although scary the hospital is not at fault.

There is no way to know if a pet is allergic if they have no previous reactions. They did the right thing and saved your dog from going into shock.

Reactions can occur anywhere from 15 min to 24 hours after the vaccines. On her next vaccine appointment have her pre-medicated.

You could not be too concerned about your dog when it seems that you are only trying to get your money back. People who cannot afford dogs should not have one.

View more comments (4)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital - Banfield The Pet Hospital North Phoenix AZ incompetent office staff, didn't know company price match

Four weeks ago we took our 14yo Golden Retriever to the Banfield in North Phoenix. She was having trouble with her hips, a known problem for aging Goldens. She’s been on glucosamine and chondroiten for years but it was no surprise it was no longer working. The arthritis has gotten worse or this is just a temporary flare-up. In either case, she needs an anti-inflamatory and was prescribed Rimadyl for 2 weeks and then a re-check. A 2 weeks supply was about $38. Two weeks ago we went back for her 6 mo exam. She’s also been on Soloxine for hyperthyroid for about a yr now. The vet was very nice, and did various tests. The report we got was that she’s also now anemic and has some unknown infection causing her white blood count to be high. She was prescribed 2 weeks of Clavamox for the infection, 2 more weeks of Rimadyl to help the arthritis pain in her hips, Hi-Vite to add iron for the anemia, and continued use of the Soloxine. (The glucosamine and chondroitin I’ve never gotten at the vet) The bill for the Clavamox, Rimadyl and Hi-Vite was about $149 for 2 weeks suppy!!! I told them I couldn’t afford it and would look on the internet for a better price. They said ok and let me walk out. This was on a Saturday morning. That afternoon I compared PetMeds.com and PetCareRx.com prices. I placed an order with PetCareRx.com for the Clavamox and Rimadyl. I couldn’t find the Hi-Vite on their site at the time. Sunday I called PetCareRx.com to verify that they would be contacting the vet first thing Monday morning for approval and to determine shipping time. We agreed I should have the shipment by Friday. Monday morning I called Banfield North Phoenix to let them know they’d be contacted for the approval and I needed to get enough pills to last until Friday, as well as the bottle of Hi-Vite. I picked them up later in the day for $50+ … for 4 days supply!!! Later in the week, on Thursday I wanted to check to see if the delivery of the pills were on schedule. When I looked at PetCareRx.com the order hadn’t shipped yet. I called them to find out why not and they said they haven’t been able to get vet approval. So I called Banfield North Phoenix to see why. They told me they had just gotten the fax that morning. This didn’t sound right to me since I’ve been using PetCareRx.com for about a year to get the Soloxine and never had a problem. I asked if they were going to give the approval and they said not until the next day when the vet that examined my Golden was back in the office. I told them that wasn’t acceptable and who could I talk to with more authority. I was told I was talking to the Office Mgr Trisha. I asked who her boss was, or who was next in line with authority and she told me no one. She then said she’d talk to the vet that was there and came back to inform me that the vet didn’t want to approve medication for an animal she/he hadn’t examined. (The notes and medication prescription should have been in my animals records!!) Then I continues to press for someone of more authority to talk to and she said there was no one. I told her I needed more medication now to last until the shipment would arrive from PetCareRx.com. She said they would fill it for me but not a discounted price. I told her it should be free for their incompetence or at least give me the $20 to express the order from PetCareRx.com. She said she couldn’t do either. I again pressed for someone of more authority to talk to and she said I could call Banfield Corporate but I’d end up back with her. I took the number for Corporate. I work in the corporate world and know that there is always someone to escalate to unless you’re talking to the owner. It was too late in the day at this point to call Corporate (Portland OR); however I called PetCareRx.com back to see why they just faxed Banfield North Phoenix Thursday morning from a Saturday order. They read all the order processing notes to me showing all the dates/times that phone calls were made to the Banfield North Phoenix office, voicemails left, no returned calls, so they finally sent a fax Thursday morning. Friday morning I called Banfield Corporate and explained all of the above. The complaint department at Banfield Corporate was totally appalled at my experience. He told me that they have been price matching for quite some time now and that the office staff should have known all about it. He went on to explain that they have marketing brochures to be handed to the customers explaining how it works. He also told me that the minute I said I couldn’t afford their medication the office staff should have made sure I knew about their price matching policy. He wrote everything up in a formal complaint which he then explained would go to the North Phoenix Office Manager (the girl I talked to - Trisha), her District Manager (see, I knew she had a boss someplace with more authority) and several other people he didn’t name. He told me to call the North Phoenix office to let them know that they need to price match the medications to PetCareRx.com or any other place I choose and if I have any trouble to call him back (or have them call corporate). He also informed me that they will honor price matching for 30 days and for me to get my previous invoices taken care of as well. All I needed was a print out from the website I was looking at that shows the product name, dosage and price. I finished with the Banfield Corporate call before the North Phoenix office was open. Several hours later I gave them a call. They were all surprised they did price matching and claimed to know nothing about it. Sorry, but that’s part of the Office Mgr’s job … to keep up on policies, especially customer service policies. I informed them I was canceling the PetCareRx.com order so I didn’t have to wait for shipping and would be in later that day with my website printouts to get the remaining 10 days of the written prescriptions. They honored the prices for all my invoices for the last 30 days as Corporate had promised. If you decide to use a Banfield Office, make sure you check medication prices and know that they price match even if the staff says they don’t. If you need to call Banfield Corporate the number is 800-838-6738 and let the operator know you need to talk to someone about the service you received at a Banfield Office. The operator will get you to the correct department.