Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I am a vet tech and have many years experience in the vet field. I have read many pointless complaints about Banfield. Most of the complaints in cost and possible harm to pets. Everyone wants to complain about cost. Well do you see me writing a complaint about the...

I brought in a very healthy 5 year old beagle.we had just opted out of the plan we had been part of due to feeling it was excessive. We literally had a week left in the plan and we should have waited until the last minute.

As part of the "plan" we had to receive one last vaccinations. I noticed my dog immediately become sick and so I brought him back in the next day they said don't worry- a day later we knew we had a bad f'd up situation on our hands. They said they don't specialize in sick dogs and sent us to VCA where they set up a plan of 4-6 k dollars to try to save him. I will never forgive This company- never again trust a national chain- and your jawing nonsense about money has nothing to do with it.

You guys kill pets its that simple.

that was my take away at least- you can reason away or debate all day but too many pets are dying from Banfield pet hospital NATIONWIDE. Don't excuse an obvious problem

Review
WARNING: BANFIELD VETERINARIAN MISHAWAKA, IN Dec. 2007... Our 2 year old Jack Russell started vomiting and showing very strange behavior and was not acting normal. Our regular Veterinarian (unnamed) was closed at the time, so we opted to take him to the local PetSmart...
jackrussellmommy

I just want to say....I am very happy! They have been closed down without any warning...gave them 24 hours to get out.

They have been found to be not up to standards. I am very relieved that there can be some kind of resolution to our nightmare and truth will always win in the end. Now...if there is a lawsuit in order then we are in.

As I have said before....We have all our documents, and backup statements from a post vet that had to perform the sugery again after their botched up mistakes. We have photographs and other info to prove our case.

Loss
this happened about a year ago (i just found this website, and just have to say something) i just got a 6 week old lab retriever puppy (max), everything was okay. a few weeks later, my dad told me that my puppy was acting funny, that he thought max was sick. we just...

:sigh They sent you a Happy Birthday card for a Deceased Pet? As a veterinary technician I can definitely tell you that's a place NOT looking out for the best interest of your pet.

They just see potential $$$.

Banfield is the *** of vet clinics in the vet tech world. I know many vets who will simply throw a tech's resume in the trash if they see "Banfield" on it as experience.

Review
Staten Island, New York. 7/25/08; My four week old kitten Mimi was having very obvious difficulty breathing. The closest vet open late on a Friday afternoon was at Banfield in our Persmart store. Dr. Dora Ramos ordered $475.00 worth of tests, then told us that Mimi...

To "Insider" below who is warning against leaving cats at a Banfield:

Yes, cats and dogs are kept in the same area, but they are kept separate and out of view of each other. Banfield simply does not have the space to make separate rooms for each species.

Cats are only left in their carriers if they are extremely aggressive and refuse to come out. Otherwise they are kept in a standard kennel.

I can't speak for all Banfields, but at the one I work at most of the employees will visit with the pets in the kennels- petting, holding, and walking them. If you don't want to leave your cat at Banfield, then bring it in during appointment times and spare it the stress.

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Spokane, Washington - Banfield only cares about overchargeing for services, not your pets.

I signed up for their monthly insurance and was told there is never a charge for comprehensive check ups and I could take my dog in every day if necessary and I would not be charged. On July 31, 08 I took my dog into their office for worms and his 6 mo. Comp check up. They told me that he had tape worm and wanted $245.94 for Drontal Plus to treat him. My cost with Insurance is $96.57. I went to my old vet and he charge me $32.50 for Cestex 100mg. What is wrong with this picture? If they could treat with a reasonable med, why would they try to get so much money from me for something else. I treated my dog and 2 cats for $47.40. I think they are overcharging people and I have the paperwork to prove it. I am so discusted with Banfield. I hope they shut down.

Hi. My name is Amanda, I am a vet tech.

at Banfield The Pet Hospital. Im sorry that some of you guys/girls feel this poorly about us. We all try our very best to treat your pet with the best quality care possible for them. Yes, i know some things seem very pricey at times, but you get what you pay for.

We have Wellness Plans and with which ever you pick, a service that is not only everything your pet needs for the whole year to stay healthy but u get a discount depending on which plan you are on with additional services you would like. We treat your pet like they are our own. Our doctors are not from a Banfield college its not a cult guys, there are doctors from various different colleges, ours is from OSU. She is a very smart, caring doctor, who gives thourough examinations.

Sometimes, just like humans your pet needs medicine for whatever reason. We diagnose the best possible medication for their needs.

If you would like quality veternarian care than come to Banfield. =D

Banfield Pet Hospital in Chicago, Illinois - Banfield didn't care

I took my sick cat to the Banfield Pet Hospital in Aurora IL only because their website stated that the location opened an hour earlier than my regular vet. However, when I got there, not only did the girl at the front desk ignore me while she was talking on the phone, but she didn't even acknowledge my cat and once we were signed in she informed me that while they open at 8am, they don't start seeing patients till 9, so I had to sit in the waiting room for an hour. Even then, I was not seen promptly at 9. Everything took forever. Since they didn't know what was wrong with my cat, the dr. suggested running tests. My first estimate was for about $400 of random testing, some of which she told me that she didn't even think were necessary. I talked them down to more minimal testing, which proved to be all that was necessary. The basic blood test revealed that my cat needed more care than they were able to give me, and they referred me to a 24 hour animal hospital. While telling me the condition of my cat, the dr. basically told me that if I didn't treat this condition within 24 hours that my cat could die. She delivered the news in a very uncaring matter- she gave me more information about the payment plans I could get rather than the condition of my cat. When I went to check out and pay the bill, which still came to $162, I was very worried about my cat. Although I was visibly upset, crying, and shaking, the girls at the front desk were laughing with each other and joking around. Despite the fact that I was being sent to another facility, the girl still tried to set up a follow-up appointment there. I think not.

Ashley- if you had read the article and understood what the complaints were about you could have saved some space here on the comment page. I wasn't upset that the girls at the front desk offered a follow-up, what upset me was the fact that they were laughing and gossiping in my face as I was crying about their doctors telling me my cat was going to die.

I was also not upset that they referred me to a better hospital. I was complaining firstly about them trying to squeeze money out of me by ordering unnecessary tests and then secondly about their overall lack of care and/or concern for me or my cat.

i work for banfield and just to practice good medicine we are required to set up a *** appt for a sick pet we jave seem even if u are being referred to someone else....besides, wouldnt you rather have been sent to a clinic that could do everything your pet needed instead of starting the treatment and having stop and then transport the pet somewhere else when we close at the end of the day?

Your dog is in your house for 23 hours a day? Thats pretty cruel, does your dog ever go to the bathroom?

Do you ever take them for walks?

As far as Lyme it is prevelant in many area's across the country, banfield as a whole offers that vacination, If you were to move it might be an important vaccination to have.. Bordatella is kennel cough which is everywhere and important for dogs that are in social situations ie: petsmart, grooming, vet offices Perhaps educate yourself before you post?

SCAM Artists - More interested in selling the overpriced Wellness Plan & selling you overpriced pills for your pet. They care very little about your pet.

Don't go there --- find a local vet to take care of your pet. For the last 2 years, my vet at Banfield in Oxnard, CA told me that my dog will die soon from her medical problems - she's diabetic & has high cholesterol. Guess that keeps me coming in for all those expensive blood tests & vaccinations. They also give unnecessary vaccinations - for Lyme Disease, Bordetella.

When was the last time a dog in Oxnard, CA had lyme disease, especially a dog who's in the house 23 hours a day? Goodbye Banfield

Banfield Pet hospital Daly City, Ca

My dog broke her leg and I brought her to the Banfield pet hospital at Daly City, Ca. At first they told me that they will put a cast on her leg and it cost about $250 plus the x-ray and pain medication which is extra. By the time I paid for the service, they charged me almost $300 just for the x-ray!!!!!! The list of charges are as follow: $91.58 for radiograph interpretation; $42.38 for Radiograph exposure; $42.93 for Positioning; $48.84 for setup and handling; $42.38 for a second radiograph exposure. I understand the charge for the interpretation and exposure, but why the *** are the charging me for positioning and setup fee? Isn't positioning part of the service they provide for the office visit and the x ray fee?? Aren't the radiograph machine already setup? I told them that my vet from ohio always charged me $120 for the whole x ray package regardless how many films they are going to take, and that always included exposure and interpretation. They then insulted me that the economy in ohio is incomparable to that of california. I believe they have forgotten that the entire US is in reccesion, and that the gasoline price in ohio is $4/ga which is only 50cents less than SF. Those people are so ignorant and inhumane when they talked about the well being of my dog. The only thing they concern is am I going to pay with cash or credit card. I told them that I want to have a second opinion for my dog from another vet, and they got offended immediately and started telling me that other vet will charge me a much higher fee for follow up appointments and it is for my best interest to come back to them again for follow ups. All the staff at the Daly city Banfield are wolves covered with human suits. Trust me, DON'T EVER BRING YOUR PET TO THE DALY CITY BANFIELD!!!!!!

Banfiels is the same all over the states... money money money.......Thank god it wasn't life or death....

View more comments (1)
Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Ramsey, New Jersey - My pet was never laid to rest!

My 71/2 month old puppy was tradically hit by a car. I was a patient at Banfield pet Hospital in Paramus Nj.I brought my new dog Otis to his first vet appointment at the Banfield vet I used for Angus.I went and he was so good while they were examining him. I had my children with me and the vet assistant asked if I would have the children step out of the room so I said o.k. sure… they leave and she looks at me and says before we proceed with Otis you need to finish up the procedure with Angus… we still have him in the back and we need to know what you want to do and pay for it. I SAID WHAT???? You still have him here. I told you what I wanted… I am so upset I picked up Otis and left. I later spoke to the head Vet and she screamed at me stating she needed a signature. I then went to the head medical doctor for Banfield and told them what happened. I am so appalled by there handling of this and so upset for Angus that he has been overlooked like he is nothing!!!! This Vet has no regard for Pets lives unless they are living and she is making money. Think twice before using Banefield and Dr Frezzo !!!!

Michael you sound like I real ***. To assume that it is the owners fault.

Banfield is the worse vet I have ever dealt with and I have had pets all my life. I have been used banfield in the past and have waited over 2 hrs to be seen.

(I could understand the wait if there was an emergency but, Felix just over booked the schedule yet again!) It is just not acceptable. To me it seem like most people that are commenting on any of these posts must work at Banfield because they sound just as dumb and rude as most of the empolyees!

sorry Michael but you have no clue...Papers were signed they dropped the ball for months.. Before you decide to tell me i was out of the loop with my pet KNOW YOUR FACTS!

THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST VET EVER! i learned pay more for better care!

but you keep taking your pet there if you want! i am a better pet owner than that!

Tara, shut up. Clearly the owner didn't even sign the necessary paperwork.

I'm sure there was more involved than she's letting on.

There has to be paperwork signed allowing the ownership of the pet to be relinquished.

If there was no authorization, than the vet did what they should have. Banfield does suck, but this sounds like the owner was out of the loop with her own pet

that doctor did not follow procedure. It is Banfield procedure that, if a pet needs to be put down, we discuss it with the client first and have them sign ALL necessary paperwork.

then and ONLY then will the euthanasia agent be employed.

I'm sorry for that ridiculous display of incompetence. Consider transferring your Wellness Plan.

Banfield Pet Hospital in Venice, California - Hidden charge bad service

EVERYtime I take my dog to Banfield there is always a problem. There is always an added charge which is necessary. The appointment time are inconvenient. I made and appointment to take me dog in only to to told an hour late in the appointment the vaccination she was suppose to have they were out of. I dropped my do off at 10 am with an appointment and didn't get her back until 2:30 that afternoon only because I called and was upset. Question:how many time does a puppy that is a 1 1/2yr old need a rabies shot? Banfield's answer: Twice! I would never recommend.

A dog who is 1 and 1/2 yrs old should have gotten its 1st rabies at 12-16 weeks old and a 2nd 12 months later. After that, depending on where you live the rabies vaccines are done every 1 to 3 years.

You should also ASK MORE QUESTIONS: you are responsible for what ever is done with your pet.

No vet will do any thing, including a vaccine without your permission. So if you think your dog didn't need the rabies YOU shouyld have questioned it before you left him.

If YOU made the decision to do a drop off appointment it is your responsibility to know what time the doctors will want you to pick up, not to call and complain so you get your way.

First of all, please learn to spell. Secondly, you obviously don't understand the drop-off policy, which I'm sure frustrates your PetNurses and vet.

Only drop-offs taken between 7 and 9 would be ready for pickup by 12:30. After that, they need at least a 4 hr window because they're working with your dog AROUND the other appts of the day. So she may get checked by the nurse at 10:30, have her physical done at 11, and might not see the doctor until after the lunch rush appts. And depending on the breed, may need to be monitored for a vaccine reaction.

They DO NOT drop everything to work on your pet. ESPECIALLY not for just a vaccine.

Now, if you had *** service at the local vet that wasnt a big company, where would write your complaints? You would have to go to the medical board.

Most of this sounds like uneducated people assuming they know medicine? You didnt go to vet school, you dont know! Every vet takes an oath to do preform good medicine. Pets die under anethesia all the time, at banfield and every other vet as well.

There are over seven hundred banfield in this country alone, the only reason you think banfield sucks is because we are "controlled" by headquarters.

Does anyone know some Banfields are owned by the doctors and are considered private practice? So unless you know medicine or have worked in a animal hopsital, you can not state anyone killed your pet.

Rabies --Twice is recommended for some breeds such at Rottweilers, pit bulls, and German Shepards, once at 6mo, then between 12-16mo and yearly booster beginning at 24 months.

Review
As a consumer dispute resolution counselor, here’s what I advise with regard to Banfield if you want to get resolution and possibly compensation for your Banfield billing and animal care experiences: 1. Join in on one of the THREE class action lawsuits that are...

Lost my best friend tonight. Benefield gave my dog medication that made him bleed to death within a span of 3 days.