Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
My 12 year old doxie passed away while in their care. I feel it was his time. When told of his passing, the vet was cold and uncaring. I was not able to hold him one last time or say good bye and tell him how much I loved him. I wanted and paid for his ashes to be...
Vangogh1

I'm so sorry..I would be livid.....It's unprofessional at the least....I wonder if you could sue?

Take Care....

View more comments
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Kansas City, Missouri - Animal Neglect resulted in death!!!

On July 9, 2008 I took my puppy in to Banfield animal "hospital". The reason why I took him there is because my puppy was sick with Parvo. All he needed was his treatment. When I took him there they took him in, they wouldn't touch him and acted like they were going to help us and told us not to worry about anything and they would call us back. They called us with an estimate, and I explained to them that I wouldn't get paid till Friday. My intention was not to leave him there get him treated and not pay. I just did not want him to die. She said I had to come pick him up! While I was trying to find other resources to see what other options we had, we kept him there thinking that they would at least give him fluids. You know keep him well while he was there. Before we went to go pick him up, I had a very rude phone call from a worker there named Liz. She was being very smart alec with me, and her and co workers were all laughing in the background. When we went to go pick him up he was still in the cage where I had place him in, laying un touched. Because of them my puppy is now dead! They could of done something to prevent his death, but instead all they did was ridicule us and laughed in our face. The reason why we went there is because on their website, it says they treat Pets like family. Well I'll be the first to tell you, that’s a false advertisement. They do not practice what they preach!! The place I went to go get his treatment the first time were really helpful and assisted my puppy right away. They also said that by law they should of done something to help him. Instead, they let him sit in a cage for 10 hours and feel every second of his suffering pain. This is a form of cruelty and neglect. They are a business and they are supposed to be there to help animals. I hope this is not the way they treat other pets because no one deserves to be treated that way. They treated him like he was just a nasty piece of trash! We took him there in hopes that they would help him, instead we got a bunch of rude, insensitive, and uncaring people. I would not even take anything in need there ever again. That place was a big mistake in my part. I hope that what happened to my puppy, will not happen to anybody else. They should seriously change their advertisement on their website to, "Have money? Come on in!!" Cause that’s the way they treated me! I want this email to be forwarded to anybody and everybody, that can help me put these people out of this profession, because the way they treated my puppy shows that they are not professional, or trained in their occupation. I will not stop until my voice is heard. And I will not let this die down the way they let my puppy die. It's a shame how people who are supposed to care for pets can be so cold hearted to an innocent little puppy!! The place I went to was in Fort Worth , Texas Pets Mart Banfield Hospital 415 Carroll St (817) 870-1865 The girl I would especially like to report is named Liz! I will also proceed in pressing charges! Please contact me immediately to see what can be done. And also from preventing this from ever happening again. Thank you, Wendy Guerra

I have to agree with "Banfield Employee" totally. I am an animal lover, but realistically, you have to realize that this is NOT the human healthcare industry where the poor and indigent must be treated no matter what. If you cannot pay for the services, you will not receive them. And that is not being cruel hearted, that is taking care of their own employees who receieve a check from them.

If the puppy truly had Parvo, he was a risk to all of the other animals in the area and would be handled as little as possible. This isn't neglect, it's proper procedure.

If it were my animal that were that sick, I would NOT have left them there to wait on an estimate alone. Either stay with the puppy or take it with you. You wouldn't leave your sick child alone somewhere, hoping it got care would you? So if you want others to treat it like a kid, why don't you do so first?

I am sorry for your loss, truly I am, but there is shared blame here that you need to take responsibility for. Pets are expensive, and too many people have them that can't afford to correctly care for them.

First of all..parvo can is extremely serious and extremely contagious. so 1) if everyone in the hospital proceeds to touch your dog...that means they would not be allowed to touch ANY OTHER DOGS for the rest of the day!!!

also..only 25% of dogs that get parvo survive parvo. 2) its banfield policy to call with an estimate before we do anything. we are technically nto allowed to do any treatments or testing to your pet unless u sign an estimate.

im sorry u were treated rudely and im not dismissing waht the situation was. but you have to understand also that we are a hospital and we have to be careful of other pets too.

M WIDOWSKI!! YOUR COMMENT IS SO IGNORANT!!!!SHAME YOU!

M WIDOSWSKI,YOUR COMMENT IS SO ***!!!!!!!!

I don't understand why someone would have a pet if they cannot afford to pay for the vet, etc. When you go to the grocery store do you expect to take groceries home without paying? When I take my children to the Doctor's office, I have to pay up front before I get the care for my children?!!!

I would not blame Banfield, the pet should have been taken care of from the beginning.

:( :upset :cry They talk u in to taking out that wellness plan and when you can't pay for it they want cancel it and now they want see my pet unless I pay the bill in full. this is sad they want u to take care of your pet but every body don't have the money so they let them die. what a chose put them in a death prison or just let them die any way because they want see them.

I am truly sorry for your loss, it's never easy to lose a loved one. I also do feel sorry that you felt as though you were being laughed at and not treated with respect.

Your frustrations are understandable, however, you have to look at the other side. It is a business in the end, and we can only do so much for a pet without the costs being covered. Unfortunately many vets do not arrange payment plans. When we've tried that option in our hospital, so many people ran out on their bill. In order to provide service, unfortunately, it does take money. When you go to the hospital, you are slapped with a bill, whether or not you agree to a price beforehand, and are expected to pay it. It's the same with pet care, treatments take money.

I hope that losing a pet to parvo will keep your next pet in the future healthy. Please don't put off a parvo vaccine or expose a new puppy to any dogs with unknown medical history. Parvo is a terrible disease that takes so many lives of pets, and the saddest part of all is parvo can be prevented.

View more comments (6)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Issaquah, Washington - Ther are rude and always have added expences

After posting your conplaint about banfield here, call their Corporate office and do the same, to a real person. Something should happen to initiate change. Banfield corporate phone # 1-800-838-6738 Call Banfield Corporate Office the number again is; Banfield corporate phone # 1-800-838-6738.

Your points could be valid in some instances, except the one that we are citing.

We are not uneducated in the matter. In fact, we own and operate a large animal reproductive practice!

And as for the issue relative to the delay in being seen - had there been a justifiable cause, it would have been annoying, but understandable. What actually happened though was just annoying. There was no emergency, no valid reason, and - most decidedly - no apology!

Any way you look at it, the service was bad; the customer relations were bad; and the whole Banfield's veterinarian experience was bad. It was however a good learning experience. We learned not to repeat it!

Oh sorry I forgot to address the 45 minute wait. Sorry to tell you that your pet is not the only one that they were seeing.

They may have had an emergency come in such as a hit by car that needed some very serious attention at that time. I know that if it was your pet that had an emergency such as being hit by a car, you would have wanted them to take care of your unstable dog rather than going in rooms to give vaccines that could wait 15 minutes.

Use Banfield Not: So it may have on ly cost you $85 dollars.... you are probably lucky that your dog even live.

The vet you went to probably just popped her on the table not knowing anything about her body. Banfield's price included blood work to check to make sure she had enough platelets to be able to have her blood clot when the sliced her open. More blood work in insure that her liver and kidneys would actually be able to process the anesthesia and that in essence it would not poison her body. It also included an iv catheter so that if something did go wrong such as a low heart rate they would be able to give her drugs in order to try to reverse the low heart rate.

Along with that iv catheter being placed they would have also ran iv fluids to 1) keep her blood pressure up and 2) those fluids help flush the anesthesia out of her system. Also it included monitoring equipment such as an EKG which tells the vet if she is having VPCs which means that the wrong node of the heart is initializing the heartbeat and can be very dangerous to the pet and needs to be corrected with drugs which once again need to be given via that IV catheter that they would have place. There price also included an injection of pain meds and pain meds to be sent home with you cause I know I don't like to have my uterus ripped open with out pain meds.

And also an antibiotic injection because they did kinda cut your dog open and may have introduced some bacteria from the air. So I'm sorry that you don't like the price to receive "human quality" medicine for your pet and you would rather go the cheep route for some one that you consider to be a family member, you just don't want to have to fork over the money as you would for a true child.

Quote for spay of female dog at Banfields in Lexington, KY - $427

Time waiting at Banfields for them to see dog (despite having an appointment) 45 minutes.

Actual cost for spay of same dog next day by a local (non-Banfields) vet - $85 (yup eighty-five dollars).

Decision to never use Banfields? PRICELESS!!!

I wasn't writting an essay for you to grade. The point (regradless of grammatical errors) is still there.

Be sure that you are 100% correct before you decide to slander someone, and tarnish there image. The customer is not always correct.

It seems most people don't accurately understand what Banfield offers. This seems to be the fault of the owners.

I work at a Vet Hospital (non-Banfield).

People there seem to have a issue with the price also. Some people just cant see pass the $15 copay that they pay for their doctors visit and assume they should pay around the same for their pet.

This is in reply to Not So Sure.

It is very difficult to take your comment seriously when you have so many grammatical errors.

I would hope before people go about tarnishing a Doctor's Reputation or hospitals or corporation that they make sure that they are 100% correct in what happened. I have noticed quite a few complaints that may have stemmed from there own ignorance.

And some where it may be both sides at fault. I'm not stating Banfield, and it's hundreds of locations are all wonderful. There are probably bad seeds, but please make sure you are truly correct before tarnishing reputations. For whatever reason people place very unreasonable expectations on Vet medicine then they do for there own.

When those expectations are not met they feel the need to scream and yell about mistreatment. Even if they are WRONG. The customer is not always right. In the last 6 years I have worked in the Vet field I have come face to face with this many times, and have taken a lot of verbal abuse.

More often than not the customer was wrong. So please unless you have a 100% valid problem don't go about bashing.

View more comments (7)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Katy, Texas - NEVER AGAIN!!!!

MY APPT WAS @ 5P, I ARRIVED ON TIME, THE OTHER 5 O'CLOCK APPT WAS INFRONT OF ME,THERE WAS A TON OF PEOPLE & DOGS SO OF COURSE MY DOG WAS GETTING A LITTLE RESTLESS,6P ROLLS BY & I'M STILL WAITING TO BE ROOMED,WHILE THE OTHER 5 O'CLOCK APPT IS READY TO CHECK OUT, THEN I WAS TOLD TO TAKE A WALK SINCE THE "WALK IN" DID'NT WANT TO BRING HER DOG AROUND MINE,AN ENGLISH MASTIFF,FRIENDLIEST DOGS EVER, STAFF WAS SO RUDE,ANYWAY SINCE THIS WOULD BE PROBABLY OVER 500 WORDS I LEFT @8:30P...PISSED!FOR A 15 MIN VISIT & 10 MIN TEST, WHICH TURNED INTO AN HOUR SINCE THE VET WAS IN & OUT THE ROOM 3 TIMES DURING HER EXAM, NO THANKS, I'LL STICK TO MY PRIVATE VET, LEARNED MY LESSON FOR TRYING TO SAVE $ WHICH I DID'NT,PROBABLY PAID MORE.

If you want others to read what you're upset about, STOP USING ALL CAPS.

hey i know it suck ! you are just a friggin number with money to them !

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona - Banfield Gave Us Beloved Pet's Remains In Paper Bag

Our dog Casey began suffering from kidney failure approximately a year ago. During this time Banfield's level of care has been sub-par at best and most unprofessional. There were times we would take him in for blood tests and to be hydrated only to pick him up and find him to be in great distress and limping. When we called Banfield and asked to speak to the vet, we were told she was too busy and to "watch him" for a couple of hours and if he wasn't better to bring him back OR, if we wanted, go ahead and take him to the ER now. We'd just paid Banfield 30 minutes ago to care for him and now they couldn't be bothered. The very worst however, is when he finally couldn't fight any longer and we made the difficult decision to put him at peace - which Banfield fought against and kept encouraging us to bring him in EVERY OTHER DAY to have his kidney's flushed at a cost of over $200 each time - and at a much higher cost to our pet in stress and discomfort - I find that cruel and irresponsible. We chose to have his body privately cremated and the remains to be place in a wooden box with his name on it. This was all discussed prior to putting him at peace, and was also paid for at a cost of over $230. My sister went yesterday after they called and told her his remains were ready to be picked up and what did they give her? His remains were loose in a BROWN PAPER LUNCH SACK inside a plastic container. My sister was too upset to deal with it at the time, and I don't know who was cruel enough to think it was OK to hand her his remains like that in the first place in such a disrespectful manner. I'm calling corporate this afternoon for an explanation, restitution and resolution to this situation - and an apology to my sister. Bottom line - save yourself the grief, frustration, and potential harm to your beloved pet. Find yourself another vet and stay clear of Banfield at all costs.

Sorry for your loss but Banfield doesn't do the creamations, pets are sent out, so it's the fault of who was used, not banfields. I also had a dog who required fluid therapy, it's an option depending on circumstances, 200 isn't a bad price, i paid alot more many years ago at another facility, the oath of a doctor is if a pet has a high survival rate based on treatment, they SHOULD encourage people to provide the therapy required and stop making euthanasia so easily accessible for those who don't want to pay.

As far as the plastic garbage bag, they are crematory bags or you could bring a box, when those want their pets bag there are limited options as you are walking through a store.

i understand your grief, my puppy doed 2 hours later after they let him rot in a cage for 10 hours without giving him a drop of water, those people deserve to be in prison, i am pressing charges on them for what they did to my baby!!

@Banfield animal ***

Your ***!!!

I took my 14 yr old kitty smokey in for a breathing problem after I found a ban Field w/ a vet on duty - In my usual store the vet was off for maternity leave and did not have a replacement vet .....? When we got there after I had to make an appointment for an emergency - They were slow and seemed uncaring to his distress, finally we got in they put him on oxygen & all they did was tell me what they could do to the tune of a $1000 and it might not work or he could die from a secondary infection - Not wanting him to suffer anymore and of his age and medical condition (cardiomyopathy

He was diagnosed at 6 weeks and wasn't given long to live but he lived a happy life of 14 + yrs ) I decided to put him at peace the vet on duty didn't even mention that option I had to say it and then he punches up on the computer the cost and hands me the bill - A little insensitive ???

By that time I was crying hysterically and all the vet did was make me feel more guilty -- it's hard enough to make such a choice with your own guilt you sure don't need it from the vet . When it was all over they gave me my Big boy in black plastic garbage bag .......

View more comments (3)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Denver, Colorado - Stay away from Banfield if you want a healthy pet

For those who say "gee they get busy" try going to a GOOD vet and see how they handle being busy. You'll actually get good care--unlike at Banfield. They rush you into signing paperwork for their health plan (which people should know is good for ONE location--if you don't like that one you CAN'T just move to another one, they won't let you take the insurance). They then give your pet an unending list of needless tests every time you bring them in to justify the cost of the insurance. Yes, insurance makes sense, but only when you are working with a reputable vet. That would not include Banfield Pet.
Vangogh1

SI;

The Wellness plan can be transferred...BUT you start the year ALL over with charges. So, if you were already halfway through the year...you'd start again. That's NOT right.

Also, before Banfield does anything not included in your plan they give you an estimate that you have to sign giving them consent. If you don't feel they are neccessary then don't sign it.

Who is the vet here? You or them?

What Banfield offers is NOT insurance. It is a payment plan for the care outlined for each specific tier they offer.

Where I take my lhasa apso - Banfield in Oxnard, CA - everyone has been very pleasant. Now I realize why------------they're a bunch of thieves.

I've been bringing my dog there for almost 7 years & paying for that useless Wellness Plan. What they do is run a very long list of procedures that they did on your dog (most of which are unnecessary) - usually runs about $600. Then they say - or you can get a Wellness Plan for $450. Without thinking - you opt for the plan.

Still, with the Wellness Plan, they still add endless charges that are not covered. Plus the cost of pills they "give you". Walmart charges 1/4 the price for the pills. The truth --- they're money hungry vulchers.

Also, they've been giving my dog endless vaccinations. My dog was due for the Bordetella & Lyme vaccines next month. I called them up to ask if these vaccines were necessary. Someone called me back saying NO!!!

My poor dog was having unncessary vaccines for 7 yrs. They are sooooo cruel.

The Wellness Plan can be transferred to any other Banfield location free of charge, regardless if you're unhappy with a specific office or you move, the plan is transferable.

But as the others said, it is preventive care, including vaccines, office visits, a heartworm test, and fecal exams. Other services receive a discount, but are not necessarily covered.

Its not insurance. Its Preventative Care.

If you would of actually read the paper, you would know that. And they don't do tests to justify the cost of the "Insurance" i.e. Preventative care Plan. It is up to you, the owner, to decide whether or not you want to do them.

Pets cant talk. Bloodwork/xrays/etc can talk for your pet.

#20622

Hi just wanted to repeat this fact just for the 1 millionth time. ITS A PREVENTATIVE CARE PACKAGE NOT INSURANCE.

You may have missed that since you missed the portion of the contract that states the plan is for that certain location only.. Is everyone a perpetual victim?

View more comments (6)
Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Orlando, Florida - You people are nutz

you guys are lame. banfield tries the hardest towards treating your pet like family. you dont see how busy things can get for them. thats crazy i would like to see all of you people behind that counter talking to rude people all the time. even on the phones that are ringing off the *** hook!!!i dont belive anyone should have a chance to talk unless they have been in the situation where they have to deal with these people all the time. and people act like there pet is there child and i dont think thats a bad thing or anything but its kind of annoying. but the people at ban field are really great people

I just started using them and i love them! they are extremely nice, and very efficient.

And the puppy plan is awesome. I know i have saved alot of money

i use banfield and i have never had a problem with them infact they have been wonderful and it is very affordable for almost everyone. : D

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Naperville, Illinois - They refuse to admit they where wrong

I went because my dog I bought was not gaining weight. They told me i needed a bunch of test that cost $375, then the results came in they said my dog had a liver shunt, and needed surgery so i took my dog to the speacialist that they sent me to and he said the test where done wrong. So I went to see another vet he also says they do need those test. So i go back and they refused to admit that it was done wrong even though i had a speacialist and another vet say it was wrong. So i paid 300 to the other vet who did the test and came back the dog was fine it needed a certain kind of antibiotic and is doing great to this day 4 years later thats not the only prob. Ive had with them just the most expensive.
#20476

:eek you guys are lame. banfield tries the hardest towards treating your pet like family.

you dont see how busy things can get for them.

#20306

So, you are angry that your vet is not perfect? Interesting...

Do you reserve the same anger for your human doctor when he/she is wrong?

Banfield Pet Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona - Banfield the Pet Hospital Concern

I have just sent an email to Banfield to let them know my concerns with the employees and the constant wait times. (I know that there are emergencies, but I always have the first appointment in the morning and there is ALWAYS a long wait.) I have in the past emailed about a perticular employee that was VERY rude. This complaint was handled very professionally and I was called by the manager and apologized to. I do agree with some of the posts, but I wonder if anyone has talked to anyone at Banfield about these issues. They cannot get any better if they aren't aware that there are this many dissatisfied customers. I myself to not plan to continue my two wellness plans so I do not suggest Banfield, but I do think all companies can only benefit from suggestions and valid complaints.
Review
Banfield Pet Hospital near Barrett Pkwy Marietta GA is a dangerous place to take your pet based on my experience. I signed up for a wellness plan and followed their schedule for preventitive treatment. What I discovered was that on every visit the staff had changed and...
#20308

The area of hair loss that corresponds to the injection site is called a "vaccine induced alopecia." This means the vaccine caused the hair follicles to die. It is not a common occurence but can happen. Thus, it is NOT the fault of your veterinarian.