Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Banfield Pet Hospital in Seattle, Washington - Consistently good care

I have been a customer at Banfield for 12 years. I have been to several in the Seattle area, and have always been pleased. They were so kind when I had to put down my previous dog, they were incredibly respectful and kind to me. And when my current dog got sad and anxious during a routine day visit, the secretary held her on her lap the whole day! And today, when my beloved 8.5 year old dauschund got cut up pretty badly in a tussle with a cat, they fit us right in to sedate and stitch her up. They seem a little bit on the expensive side, but I think that's just what health care for pets cost now. I utilized the wellness plan for several years until my dog's allergies to the vaccinations made it less cost effective. I'm very sorry for the loss of you pup, and when you lose a dog it can be easy to blame the doctor. But truly, do you think the vets woke up in the morning seeing what dogs they could kill that day? It was just an unfortunate incident.

Love them, wouldn't go anywhere else!!

How much were you payed to post this?

Thank you! We love our Bruno! :grin :grin

100 Percent satisfied with the hospital and services rendered to my Rottie.

View more comments (3)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Fairfax, Virginia - Need more training and better communication

Banfield has been seeing my Chihuhua since birth. I was never informed that she had a heart murmur. I only found out back in March 2008, by the way she is 14 years old, when she dislocated her hip. They took xrays to see why she was in so much and then they said she has a heart murmur, by then it was to late. All they could say to me was, "yes, she has a heart murmur" repeatedly as if reading a statement and not even listening to my questions. IF YOU LOVE YOUR PET DO NOT USE BANFIELD
#20911

Do you even know what a heart murmur is? It's not a disease and it's not curable.

It's also something that your dog could easily have developed at a later age or been born with. Its appearance might be sporadic, so it's not always going to be present when they listen to your dogs heart. Finally, it's not hurting your dog any to have a murmur.

Tons of people have them and live long healthy lives. Do some reasearch before condemning people.

#20321

:? What was too late?

A heart murmer can be with a pet from birth, but most come from age. Its like any other conditoin, it can't be diagnosed till it exists.

#20309

Most likely the heart murmur occurred when your chihuahua was older and was most likely the result of endocardiosis which causes a nodular thickening of the valve resulting in a heart murmur. Thus, your dog did not have a heart murmur until it reached an older age.

To blame your veterinarian on a internet board like this is horrible. You should be ashamed.

View more comments (2)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Tucson, Arizona - Banfield in Columbia MD - Incompetant

I will become the worse emisary for BPH in Columbia MD at the Pet smart. They did not give me the proper instructions for giving my cat and antibiotic, and after 10 days she is throwing up every day. They claimed she had a urinary tract infection. When I brought her back they took no responsibility and basically gave her back to me and said "see ya" becuase I didn't want to pay $99 for a new UTI test. I told them the problem was her vomiting and they didn't do anything to address that. So I took her to a reputable vet in Columbia MD. Unfortunatly she's still throwing up every day. When I went to cancel the plan I found it it AUTO RENEWS and they slapped me with the rest of the payments for the year even though I expected to go "month to month". Not only are their Vets the bottom of the barrell, they lack any ethical standards. I tell everyone I meet with an animal not to go there!

Well Banfield disagreed with both of your moronic statements; I know you losers work at the Columbia facility.

I challennged Banfield on my Visa dispute and all my money was refunded to me, they didn't even challenge it.

Fortunatly, my cat is fine now and I have a reputable vet that has a proven track record in my community.

You obviously are employees becuase no sane person would respond otherwise unless they had their feelings hurt.

Guess you guys get angry with all of the complaints. No wonder your can't keep customers.

You said it yourself: your cat's vomiting had nothing to do with Banfield's "lack of treatment." When you sign up for your plan, the paperwork you sign clearly states that it renews yearly. Read things before you sign them or ask an employee to explain it to you.

I could take your review a bit more seriously if you could at least spell its title correctly.

#20311

Dude, you are an ***. It sounds like you wanted your cat treated for free.

Doesn't the veterinarian have a right to make a livable wage and support his family.

Where does it say that just because veterinarians love animals they have to offer their services for free? Get a job, get some money, and then get a pet.

View more comments (2)
Review
Banfield the Pet Hospital In carmel Indiana Charter owned Hospital Treat there employees terrible and all they want is Money and New Clients they do services not needed just to make money especially Dr Mercer.She will extact teeth not needed to be extracted. Fire...

read this about the carmel banfield clinic

Banfield Pet Hospital in Los Angeles, California - Learn to read people

Does anybody on this planet read things before you sign??? Everything on that very legal contract very clearly states what the plan is, and isn't. It clearly states it is NOT INSURANCE. The duration of the plan, how to cancel, and how it works. You are basically paying off the services you use over a year instead of in lump sums. So even if your pet dies before the year is up you have to pay off the services you used. That is fair. The plan is for preventive care only. In hopes that taking consistent care of your pets prevents illnesses. You do however get a discount off other things not preventive. The contract doesn't claim to cover illness.When I worked at Banfield I had to force people to read the contract. Most people didn't want to be bothered. I also followed up by mailing them facts on the plan. Still ignorance is bliss I guess. The same people who didn't want to take a second to read where the first to throw a fit when something happened. I also made sure that people were sent reminders 30 days before the contract was set to renew so they could cancel it. No matter what was said to get you interested in the plan you still had the chance to read the contract. There is no excuse good enough as to why you didn't read before you signed. Im not saying Banfield gives the best service ever, but still READ BEFORE YOU SIGN. It would save you a lot of grief. If you didn't then don't blame someone else for your laziness. Oh and PS Veterinary medicine cost money! Most the diagnostics are the same as ran for people. Medicine is not cheap by any means. So please expect to spend some money if your pet is sick.

How long ago were you a vet tech? Did you have proper schooling?

If so you should know the difference about exam and office calls. :cry

Here Here. I so agree people need to read.

I am a vet tech in Columbus Ohio with 12 yrs experience. I understand. We get our fair share of complaints from people not asking for estimates before services are rendered. Vet Medical care is expensive.

If you can not afford to feed your own family guess what you can not afford to properly take care of a pet reasonably. Owners need to take responsibility too for not asking proper questions etc. Everyone is suffering because of high gas prices and so is the vet field. Products are becoming more expensive and same w/ lab services but do you hear us complaining to the drug companies.

No you do not. I am sorry if your pet was misdiagnosed but mistakes happened and so does relaying your pet's history to the vet. Sometimes Owners will miss obvious signs of pets being sick or waiting for 2 weeks before bringing a pet in w/ severe diarrhea and vomiting. If you wait too long what do you think the outcome would be.

People grow up and accept fault too. Thank you.

No one is defending deceit or even saying that Banfield the corp. is perfect.

The point is towards the people who don't read the contract before signing. It saves a whole lot of stress, and time. Not only that, but there are over 150 different Banfield locations in the US. Not all 150 locations have been complained about.

Yes there are bad seeds, but not all Banfields are horrible. I have worked for both Banfields, and private vets. Guess what? They both have there own major flaws.

Most Vets will offer all services under the sun. It's called revenue, and all buisnesses need it to thrive.

Most private vets don't have jaded corp. *** lording over them though.

It's like a person going to their doctor --- you trust the doctor. When I went to Banfield (they're the professional) - I trusted them.

What a mistake!!! My neighbor also told me last year that almost killed her little dog. She went to a legit. vet & her dog is fine now.

Almost died.

Somehow I continued going to Banfield -- until this week --- when everything became clear about how they ripped me off & gave my dog too many vaccinations. Shame on them!

#19767

I do read, I do question, and unfortunately, past trips to Banfield regularly include me saying NO to unecessary things they are pushing. I thoroughly understand my responsibility as a paying consumer.

But, we are not talking about a new pair of shoes. We are talking about the health and lives of living creatures. Since when did people become so eager to stand behind and defend businesses that run on deceit? That's where I have my problem--knowingly deceiving people and taking advantage of anyone they can.

And then getting defensive and self righteous when those like me question or refuse what they are pushing. It happening more and more in the world around us, but it does not make it ok. I hope that you would see that defending these practices is just not right, or perhaps you are just a natural born salesman.

I would hope for more--and I will start by never going back to Banfield again. It's hard to put a price on trust and knowing that my dogs are being treated by competent individuals.

#19764

First off....office visits and examinations are two different things. Now an office visit can occur without and examination, but an examination cannot occur with an office visit. Office visit does not equal an examination, thus the charge for an examination and not a visit. You would be a lot more pissed off if they charged you for just showing up and not even looking at your pet....I can guarentee that!

Additionally, you could have gotten the information...took it home to read...and come back to sign up or ask questions. In fact, that is what I did. Anything I did not understand I asked the receptionist to clarify when I returned. You don't even have to leave....just take the info and read through it while you are sitting waiting to be seen....then ask the people when they come in to take a look at your pet. But...you said that the receptionist was rude and incompetent...consistantly....well then maybe you should not have rushed into signing up before making certain that it was a place that was comfortable enough for you and your pet.

As for unnecessary perscriptions and procedures....as a consumer you need to know that YOU must tell any service professional to run everything by you before they do something. I have never had a probem with unnecessary procedures becasue I always ask what their plan of action is BEFORE they begin...that way I can make my judgement as to the necessity of the procedures. Additionally with perscriptions...if you feel that it is not something that your pet needs then speak up...ask questions....and refuse to fill the perscriptions if you really feel that it is unnecessary. YOU ARE IN CONTROL!! No one is forcing you to do anything...but if you are too meek to say anything then that is your fault not theirs.

Just as with your personal physician...unless your condition is clear cut and common place....they may do the same to you...run tests...try different prescriptions.

I don't understand why people complain about unnecessary this or that and did not ask questions before treatment. Then when the treatment doesn't work or the labs come back to be inconclusive then they say that the doctor or vet is a theif and that they did unnecessary stuff. blah!!

If you go to the doctor complaining of pain ....don't you want them to x-ray or take an MRI to see what is wrong? Then when the film comes back and nothing is broken or torn...aren't you relieved...or are you pissed that they did unnecesary tests? It is the SAME thing people. Or is it different because it is your pet...just an animal. I'm sorry...but my pets are not JUST animals...they are companions and I want for them the same that I would want for myself. I know that if something is wrong with me then I want the doctors to run tests....but I have the good sense to ask what they plan to do and how it relates to treating my condition.

#19753

I did read the contract. However, it is quite misleading...for instance you don't get charged for an "office visit," but there is an "examination fee." Also, regardless of the small discount on other services that comes with the plan, the prices of these other services are unusually high.

The front desk workers I have encountered are both rude and incompetent--consistently. I have never been able to make an appointment and actually be seen by the vet at that time. Even after scheduling, when I arrive they always say I must wait 2 hours to see the vet. Everytime I have gone to pick up my dogs I have had to wait an hour or two (after being called or after closing time).

Years ago I worked as a vet tech, and I can say without hesitation that Banfield vets are quite eager to make unecessary prescriptions and perform unecessary procedures. The contract did not indicate that I was signing on for all of these "extras," but I won't ever sign one of those contracts again!

*Applaudes* I second that!

View more comments (7)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Coeur D Alene, Idaho - Banfield Forest Ave S.I. NY would not let cat be seen by vet because it was Mother not daughter .

My Mother brought my cat to the vet for a check -up and because he was acting pecular and had pulled back paw nail and it did bleed. She was refused and turned away when the receptionist said she needed my authorization signature and refused to fait to my job. The main office told me she was wrong, but she insisted they told her not to fax me the authorization. This is why the Staten Island Banfield CLOSED UP before. Shame on them and this will definately get reported. This is totally unacceptable especially since there also was a problem and possible could be a serious one.

Because of people like you and everyone else on this site, veterinarians will hesitate to treat a pet without the permission of the OWNER. Due to everyone being so lawsuit crazy and ready to "report it to someone!" everytime something might go wrong, professionals have to sadly be more concerned about getting the right documentation and protecting their careers then jumping to help a sick pet that needs care.

#20307

Did you pass high school english? Your grammer is horrible...how can anyone believe anything you type when it reads as gibberish?

View more comments (1)
Review
In January 2007, I purchased a beautiful (and exensive)Shorkie pup from a wonderful breeder. I named her Suki(beloved in Japanese). She was so beautiful that everywhere I took her,people would stop me to tell me that they had never seen a more physically beautiful...

She was probably overworked. Mistakes like that happen when the vet is trying to rush through such a major procedure like a spay.

However, sorry, but I need to say this. A Shorkie is a mutt. You said you spent a lot of money in a mutt.

There are countless mixed breed puppies in shelters very cheap and already spayed. There is no reason to reward an unethical breeder by paying a high amount of money for a mixed breed puppy w a fancy "breed" name.

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital In Trinity, Florida.

This like many other Banfield Hospitals have a lot of inexperienced Vets. The vet prescribed Etogesic tablets for my pet and we immidiately saw his stool become watery with blood. when i looked up the drug on the internet I discovered that it was dagenerous for pets, that it damages their liver and kidneys and several deaths have occured.Good that we caught this early and was able to go else where. Their customer service people are inept and rude, these people should not be in the Pet care business, their wellness program is not worth it. Young and inexperienced vets are no comfort for your Pet. you can easily loose them.
#20326

Diarrhea is a common side effect to this drug. Most drugs are processed through liver and kidneys just like people, and can cause range of damage.

NSAIDS (like asprin) can cause GI Problems.

It is a matter of finding which works best. Not having anyting to do with Vet's experiance.

Loss

Banfield pet hospital

the time to wait to see vet is very long. i have dropped off my dog at 7am, still not seen till after 3. always the same reasons.mostly rude associates. if the associates per a comment i read here has a problem, don't work for a vet, animals will be animals, i work retail, to have people *** on the floor in dressing rooms,and ***, now that is something to think about via an animal getting upset being at the vets.i'll take the animals over my customers and be a happy wet tech.show love

well you could have waited so long becaue when you do a drop off they usually do all the surgerys first or if your pet is not in dying need of attention they will work with the most critical first. thats why the have DROP OFFs the time is not guaranteed when your pet get examined

Review
Dear Dr. Scott Campbell, My name is Deborah,and am a terminated employee from Banfield Pet Hospital #1135 as of June 7,2008. I have been with this hospital since April 2007. I have never been so upset. There is no documentation and I kept this hospital going when we...

Get over it and find another job!!!!