Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Banfield Pet Hospital-McKinney TX

My dog Aisling died from Rimadyl being prescribed by Dr. Wesley Archer. He admitted it on tape that it resulted in her death but took no other responsibility. Banfield Corporation has not contacted me in the 3 months since her death!! Please stay away from these killers!!!! I have been devastated by her death and cannot get over it. She was a beautiful black lab with more good years ahead of her. Dr. Archer and Banfield took that away from me, nothing can ever replace her. I don't know what to do or who to contact to make them pay for her death???

I used to work for Dr Archer in MO. Let me just say that his practice here was a disaster.

I was embarassed to tell people i worked for him. USDA ( United States Dept of Agriculture) shut his business down and threatened to arrest him for non compliance to US standards. Might I add, the state of CA is after him as well.

Dr Archer and his wife ran from MO in the middle of the night and fled to Greenville TX, to an Indian Reservation where they felt the law couldnt catch him. Elite Pets is the name his puppy mill is under now

Run far and run fast. When all is said and done I will have paid $900 for vaccines for two dogs!!

I get sick everytime I see my monthly bank statement. I wouldn't take my pet frog to this place (if I had one). How do these people sleep at night?! After they snatched my dogs up to draw blood (I just needed vaccines) I sat in the room and started "googling" Banfield.

I was sick!! If you're in that position right now get your pet and get out of there.

Dr. W Archer is no long with Banfield he has been fired by the company.

I work at Banfield and I admit they try to rip people off in any way possible. Not a very ethical vet hospital.

However, in their defense, a Rimadyl reaction happens to a very small number of dogs and that can happen anywhere. Is not Banfield's fault that your dog just reacted the way he did, is just a very sad statistic.

Would've happened anywhere. The benefit of relieving a pet from the pain of arthritis (or any other condition) and the improvement in life quality outweighs the risk of that small reaction.

@Me

BANFIELD is a ROTTEN corporation with no conscience. They exist to make a profit.

First of all, no one should buy full breed dogs while we put millions of innocent animals to death daily.

And any pet parent should always be intelligent and responsible enough to investigate any one, vet, groomer, sitter anyone, who is going to care for their animals. You would for a child, wouldn't you?

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Chicago, Illinois - Took our money, misdiagnosed our cats, mixed up blood work, no one there communicates with e/o

Both my cats had blood work done 5 weeks ago when they were originally supposed to be declawed. The only thing that showed up on that blood test was that Hobbs had some sort of infection which they were able to tell because of his white blood count. Nothing was ever mentioned at that time about Chili having FIV. When I asked about that, I was told that it's easier to get a "false negative" than a "false positive". I am having some anxiety though about the fact that I have this strange feeling that they may have mixed up the blood work between the two cats. If I hadn't already spend $900 on the cat insurance, I'd be outta there in a heartbeat. Strike 1: No one there seems to know what they are doing. We have been given the run around on several different issues since we first started taking them there and I wouldn't put it passed these idiots to have mixed up the blood samples. I got a phone call from the doctor last Friday morning saying that I couldn't pick them up until the evening because "Chili's paw was still bleeding"...talked to her a couple hours later... "Oh, I'm sorry, it's Habanero's paw that was bleeding. Wait a minute! Which one's the gray one?" Are you kidding me? Shouldn't you know that? Strike 2:When I signed up for the "kitty plan" their ages had to be changed in the computer to make them younger than they really are because otherwise they wouldn't qualify. Well no one put a note or anything saying how old they really were so I got an alarming phone call from the doctor on Thursday asking me if they had gotten into any toxins because their kidney levels were alarmingly high for two kittens under the age of six months. The had postponed the surgery for hours, trying to figure out why they were so sick...when in fact, they weren't sick at all because their kidney levels are perfectly normal for their real age, which I had to tell the doctor because apparently no one else thought it was an important piece of information. Strike 3: When my boyfriend dropped them off for surgery, he was told that he could pick them up later that afternoon. !?! We were always told they had to spend the night after declaw surgery. He asked several times if this lady was sure we could pick them up in a few hours. I talked to someone there a couple hours later... "No you can't take them home. They always have to spend the night after surgery". Again, should every employee there know what's going on? Strike 4: My boyfriend was at work, I was at work and I had no idea where the cat carrier was. I called the vet and they said Eric did not leave it with them. I called Eric at work and he said he DID leave it with them. Guess what? I called back a few minutes later and talked to someone else on the phone who told me the carrier was there. No one there communicates with one another and it appears as though they are all incompetent.

Mistakes like this are going to be very common if you insist on using unethical vets who routinely mutilate and cripple cats by declawing them. It would have been better for your poor kittens if you had educated yourself about how essential claws are to the health of the whole cat and gone to a vet who does not declaw and asked them to show you how to trim the claws yourself and suggest how to make your home cat friendly with scratching posts.

I don't think the doctor is incompetent, just extremely overworked. I know, I work at a Banfield. They way overbook every day AND they encourage every walk-in. There are about 4 apts on every cluster, so every client doesn't get the time they deserve. That is why the pet nurses try to take as much time as possible with you, or showing you videos, or trying to impress you w the fancy software (that is actually very old and crashes all the time), just to give time to the vet to catch up.

Is about quantity, not quality. However, seems like they are trying to help you (just don't have the time to), the fact that they changed their birthdates to have them qualify for their kitten plan instead of adult was nice of them and saved you a lot of money in their declaws. Someone may get fired if corporate finds out, corporate is not so happy about us being "nice" to clients.

Mistakes like these are common when the doctor has a very heavy caseload, but that is corporate philosophy! See as many pets as possible! :sigh

View more comments (1)
Loss
I appreciate the last Banfield Employee who tried to clarify some misconceptions about the practice, but it was a little wordy... sorry!! Banfield does push wellness plans, but again it is because, speaking from my standpoint, we do see so many people overspending for...
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama - Plano, TX Banfield is fantastic!

I have taken my two dogs to the Banfield in West Plano, TX for 5 years. I'm a part of the Wellness program for both dogs, and I couldn't be happier. Jennifer and Holly know both of my dogs by name when I come in, and they can even tell them apart. (They are pugs, and the look like book ends!) The vets there are phenomenal, and they take excellent care of my babies. I'm moving to Austin next month, and it's going to be awful! I don't know what I'll do with having to get used to another vet. My little dog is a high-need rescue and has a metal plate in his hip. They know just how to handle him and keep him from getting scared. If you move anywhere near Plano, please go see them!!!!
Review
Until this past Saturday I was fairly satisfied with the staff and care for my two Siamese cats. My oldest one was in for his first annual checkup and was apparently left in his carrier for over 4 hours. Then I was called and told they couldn't get him out and he...

I'm confused... If the cat was fasted and dehydrated, why would he need a litter box?And if you'd fasted him, how did he soil himself?

Surgery patients are fasted and not given water because any stomach contents mess with the anesthesia.

So if you did YOUR job, he wouldn't need a litter box. Don't complain about him not having something he shouldn't have needed.

View more comments
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Summerville, South Carolina - OMG PPL Be Real .... Do your Homework First

Banfield saved my Pugs life and I didn't pay that much. I have a plan with them and pay $20 a month but over that I paid nothing to Banfield. However I did have to take him to the ICU @ the Animal hospital and that was $1200 for 1 night and that was minus the $100 my Banfield Vet saved me by calling ahead. Any vet @ any place can be bad you have to check them out. You go some where and the Vet is different every week HELLO , Use common sense ppl. You wouldn't take you kids to a Doctor's office where the Dr was new very week. Vet's are no higher than Dr's and have the same student the only difference is you *** @ the Dr your insurance picks up most the bill.
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in San Francisco, California - Let me know what you think!! (MUST READ!!!)

I have a 7 month old minpin that I have been talking only to Banfield here in Scottsdale Arizona. All seemed great from the puppy care package to how they treated my dog. A few months down the road it seemed that the nurses didnt know anything and every time they opened their mouths they sounded like complete *** Ok, back to the REAL PROBLEM.... Like i said before I have been taking my dog here since day 1! All of her visits came out great with NO HEALTH ISSUES WHAT SO EVER!!!!!!!!!! I took her in last week to get spay.. One of the nurses called not even 2 hours later and said we have a problem (NOT TELLING US WHAT IT IS) and asked if we had a fax number where she could fax us a list of all the things they needed to do plus costs. IN SHOCK STILL NOT KNOWING WHAT THE *** IS GOING ON!!! I get the fax.. over $600 in issues....... So I drove up to Banfield and the doctor couldnt talk to me cause she went to lunch even know they know we were on our way up. The nurse was so confused on the problem. I asked to see our dog and she was way out of wack! The nurse asked if I could come back in two hours to talk to the Vet. ARE U KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!! So now, still not sure what is really going on, I come back after 2 hours. Wait for Vet, she finally comes out and says the tried putting her under for spay 4 TIMES!!! WTF! My dog would keep coming out of the gas and not staying down so they kept trying until she went cold and couldnt get warm again. So NOW THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME OVER $600 TO RUN ALL KINDS OF TESTS AS WELL AS XRAYS TO FIND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. I love my dog so I paid it. Still not having any answers plus she isnt getting spayed now, they think it could be her liver or liver shunts as well as her thyroid. Plus they want to do more test this week that is going to cost even more. They had my dog for 13 hours and still no answer. Plus DONT FORGET THIS WAS ALL IN ONE DAY! I come to pick her up like they said at 5:30 and the doctor said she was to busy to talk to me (CAUSE SHE WAS GOING HOME FOR THE DAY!!) The nurse comes out and said we forgot to add some other $90 dollars in charges and I laughed and said BS! Im not paying anymore! (I already paid before and they want more hahaha, give me a break!!!) ISNT IT TRUE, THAT WHEN A HUMAN GOES IN FOR ANY KIND OF SURGERY U HAVE TO GET EVERYTHING CHECKED OUT, BLOOD WORK AND ALL? YA THOUGHT SO! SO WHY IS IT AFTER A GOOD CLEAN RECORD WITH THE DOG, THEY TRY PUTTING HER UNDER 4 TIMES (WHICH I GUARANTEE IS NOT SAFE ON ANY DOG, LET ALONE ONE THAT WAYS 4 POUNDS) THEN CALL ME WITH A HUGE BILL SAYING THEY NEED TO DO ALL THIS BLOOD WORK AND XRAYS. TO ME THIS SOUNDS LIKE A SCAM OR THEY ARE TRYING TO COVER UP A HUGE MISTAKE TO COVER THEIR ***, AND FOR THAT I NEED TO PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKES. (BS!!!!!!) o and btw, I got their at 5:30 and waited for my dog and pills and *** until 7pm!! (dont forget the dr left a little before 6 and didnt say a word to us!!!)

After reading horror story after horror story, sounds to me like Banfield needs to be stopped by legal action. Does anyone know if this is happening and if we can get in on it?

minpinowner

ANYONE?

View more comments (1)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Randallstown, Maryland - Bad service from poorly trained killed my Schnauzer

Please do not take you pet to Banfield Pet Hospital if you love it. Veterinarians only stayed a few weeks, so every time you take your pet back, a new vet wants to do a new test to verify if your pet may have some alleged condition. My poor Schnauzer was never properly diagnosed until the day he had four organs fail and died. My beloved dog went for regular checkups but was never diagnosed as diabetic. The idiots only recognized the problem when his kidneys and liver failed. They could not even care for him then. Stay far away!
#20809

Look people, sometimes animals DIE !!! Strangely enuf it will happen to you someday as well. Believe it or not it doesn't mean some intelligent highly trained person made a mistake.

The vet at my Banfield has been there for 7 years. The one at my previous Banfeild, 15.

Your concerns are with one office... so why should EVERYONE stay away from EVERY Banfield? And yes, Diabetes is VERY hard to diagnose in pets.

Read up and stop displacing blame. When it is their time to go, it's their time.

I guess you didn't read your Authorization to Provide care form.... you have waived the oppitunity to bring legal action.

You are absolutely REDICULOUS!!! I work for Banfield as a vet tech or Pet Nurse and everything else.

Do you know how hard it can be to diagnose something without symptoms??? If you wanted the same vet, YOU should have asked for him/her. That's your fault for not making yourself clear. Or maybe the vet you saw that first time was sick or something, you don't know the whole story most likely.

How do you think diagnosing is done??? Answer... By narrowing it down to what's most likely, duhhh. Do you know how many diseases/conditions there are out there that can cause single/multiple organ failure???

A ton!!! I'm sorry your pet passed away, that's awful and I feel your pain. But you are lucky you even got an answer like diabetis before he died. Our vets are not just going to throw out some wild diagnoses and start treating!!!

Wrong treatment can KILL your pet. Now I know you really would have been pissed if wrong treatment were given to your pet without narrowing the possiblilities first. That's where there's such a thing as "Testing," just like with people. Except when something goes wrong with a dog/cat, problems occur at MUCH FASTER rate than people.

That's why sometimes it's just too late to do anything by the time you know what's really wrong.

The only thing you can do is make them comfortable. : (

I understand completely. Call your Vet.

Medical Examiner and file a complaint.

I'm doing that right now--I feel that a have a good case and I feel the vet there should be held responsible for what she did to my pet. Good luck.

Review
#120859 Review #120859 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Banfield Pet Hospital in Los Angeles, California - Banfield Murrieta Rocks!

I have been going to Banfield Murrieta, CA for over 6 yrs and everytime is awesome. Doctors and staff are great they treat my pets and I like family. If you dont have the money or time then dont get a pet. Animals are expensive to take care of anywhere you take them tha's if you are getting quality service ofcourse, if you want a micky mouse job then go to lake elsinore park every sat once a month and get your vaccines for 8 dollars and shut up and dont complaint. I have been very satisfied with theirs optimum wellness plan. Thats because i understanding unlike some of you think they are insurance. Do you read before u sing????? Well if you dont then take resposabilty for being so dumb and dont complaint. READ before u sign. Nothing in this worl is free. Get educated and stop blaming others for how *** u can be when it comes to taking care of ur animals... I love banfield and they love my pets!!!

to Wendy. how ignorant are u?

actually everything banfield uses is HUMAN GRADE!! thats why everything is so *** expensive there!!! most vets cut corners and use dangerous technique to spay and nueter pets!! how else do u think that can alter a pet for $40 dollars??

ar u kidding?! u get what u pay for! and for all u people that are threatening to sue banfield....do ur reasearch, they are owned by M&M Mars!!!!

LOL!! good luck going up against those attorneys with ur public appointed attorney

Banfield is a sham and a frightening place to take an animal for \"care\". My brother and I went to Banfield in Renton, Washington, to find out how much it was to spay his cat.The girl working at the counter wearing scrubs didn\'t know.

She checked with someone behind the scenes. Then she told us $199. She didn\'t ask how big or small the cat was, which is standard protocol. When asked another basic question she didn\'t know that either.

Ok! For one thing, $199 to alter a pet is a huge disservice to the community. Banfield uses generic, low end equipment and pertinent stuff (gauze, solutions, etc.) to save the public money. Where\'s the savings?

Banfield makes going to a real veterinarian look cheap! Please do not take your pet to Banfield. The impression I got was that once again, corporate is hiring uneducated people to work for dirt cheap on your pets.

You don\'t get a savings but what you do get is the convenience of Banfield being close to where you shop so you don\'t have to drive to a real doctor. For your animal\'s sake, drive to a real animal doctor!

Sorry. wrong complaint :x

Two *** bints fighting over a mange ridden animal.

Grow up the pair of you.

All I can say is either you have someone there that you know personally, or you have stock in the company or your daddy owns the place. Banfield is awful.

I can't even write the words that describe that place. Money isn't the issue to the owners---it is the issue to Banfield. The people there must work on commission---!!! Petsmart should be humiliate that they are even connected with such a disgraceful place.

I guess that is what you call "in cahoots". I hope you continue to get the care you think is good----maybe mediocre is what you mean--and don't know what good care is--but what ever makes you happy--all I know is that place is *** on earth for animals.

Review
#120857 Review #120857 is a subjective opinion of poster.
My cat has a foot infection. Took her 2 weeks ago and I was given antibiotic pills to shove down her throat. Two weeks later no improvement so I take her on the follow-up visit. Different vet. Suddenly she had an ear infection (after two weeks of antibiotics??) (NOTE:...

Shame on that doctor for being thorough and actually doing a complete exam on your pet instead of just having the pet stick it's foot out the carrier/box for examination. Not sure you understand how different antibiotics concentrate and work in different tissues and how there are different bacteria in different locations (paw/ear/mouth/rectum) - so yes, your cat can have an ear infection despite being on oral antibiotics.

Right, cause vets just sit back and watch movies all day - can you seriously be this ignorant and disrespectful? Stop watching crime and emergency show dramas and expecting results and problems solved in 30min.

View more comments
Review
#119829 Review #119829 is a subjective opinion of poster.