Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Banfield Pet Hospital in Bulverde, Texas - Banfield Pet Hires Veternarian Guilty of Cruelty

This is the third visit to Banfield, Selma Texas (210-658-7955). On all thiree visits the cat came back bruised and jack legged stiff. On the past two occasions she has come back with bleeding lips and gums and half-no kidding-half of her leg shaved--again walking jack legged--not uncertain gait, she had been hurt. So today I got suspicious and sure enough, the vet Roque Gonzales had been the subject of two TV expose' here in San Antonio last year. He had been fired from his job for cruelty to the animals in his care, he is under disciplinary sanction by the State Board, and very much working for Banflied. Banfield refuses to return calls, Banfield refuses to provide a visit to another vet. The report that this guy signed is so full of consistencies that I have bypassed Banfield and sent it to the state board. As it turns out the guys degree is from a program that matriculates "socially." THESE ANIMALS ARE BEING EXPOSED TO DANGER

Just so everyone knows I work for Banfield in Selma,TX that Dr. no longer works for the company. And we have new doctors that are really great.

Banfield is so hard up in finding vets they'll hire anyone. Be Careful..

I always like to stay informed about my dogs health, just like my own. Because of this I ask my Dr.

what's up after check ups and procedures. Did you bother to ask? And just like you can check on complaints against your vet, you can check on malpractice suits against your family Dr.

Guess what you will find? The most Dr's have been sued by idiots like you.

IF that is true that sucks--

Banfiedl needs to be more careful of who they hire

View more comments (3)
Review
I take an afternoon off of work to get to my 3pm appointment at Banfield for my dog. This will insure I am not stuck in traffic on the way home. When I get there and tell them I have a 3pm appointment, I am ignored after signing in for an hour. After an hour I ask the...

IM a registered vet tech. You would think that they would apprechiate having me work there for a lowered pay.

They dont and they treat me like ***. The expect me to train the girls they hire who have no experience at all and thats not my job. WHen a girl gets mad at me cause im not a teacher......

and shes doing something wrong I get written up.

Banfield is like a sweatshop. They do not care about your pets only there money.

Review
These people are so frustrating! I have been taking my dogs to this facility since November of 2005. The wellness palns have actually worked out very well for me, and I have no complaint what so ever about the plans. I read the fine print, I know what I signed for and...

I recently went into Banfield in Fayetteville, NC and the vet tech and her helper were extremely rude to me and very rough with my dog. The vet techs that came were Jennifer and Heather, they both had bad attitudes and made me feel like they would have rather been somewhere else other than taking care of my dog.

Even though the doctor was very nice, I will never go back there because of the way the vet techs treated my dog and myself.

Kudos to Dr. Burks as he was the only one that made me feel like my dog mattered.

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Washington, District Of Columbia - Banfield wellness plans are a joke

Four times i contacted Banfield in reference to transferring my pets wellness plan. I was moving from Florida to NC and had misplaced my paperwork. So i did what anyone else would do and i called them to get the details. Their words exactly"Just go to the new petsmart give them your pets name and they will transfer everything with no problem. Never once did the local store or the corportate office tell me that i would sign a new plan or that i would lose my unused Spay/Neuter from the plan i have been paying for. For those of you who say " Read the contract" let me remind you that during my packing it was misplaced and being as that my plan had been in affect for so long i couldn't remember the plan in it's entirety. What i do remember is that i signed up for a puppy plan that included having my dog spayed. When you sign a puppy plan it's for a year. Why after six months is your puppy considered an adult? Why not have a six month wellness plan? So let's to through this again, you sign your puppy up for 12 months of coverage, you can only used the puppy portion for 6 months and anything after that is converted to an adult plan. You tell me where they disclose that information in the contract. They don't and they are dishonest and deceiving. I will never go back nor will i ever refer anyone to PetsMart for anything.

I am a pet nurse and a receptionist at Banfield. I always try my best to go over wellness plans with people as much as i can in order to minimize confusion.

However, you are responsible for what you put your signature on!!! Services on your wellness plan are not lost or anything like that. Basically in order to sign up on puppy plan, the puppy must be UNDER 6 months old. It is suggested to get you pet spayed/neutered at or just under six months which is around the time of mature development (also considered adult).

If the puppy is too young, you risk all kinds of problems by putting them under anesthesia. However, around the time of maturity (adult), just like teenagers, pets go into heat. This can be a big problem when you go to spay them. Because the tissue may not heal correctly and if they're in heat, the surgery is EXTREMELY bloody!!!

You don't want your pet do die from blood loss, do you? When transferring a puppy plan, DO IT WHEN PET IS UNDER SIX MONTHS OLD!!! The plan just starts over for the year. If you wait until they are six months or over, YEAH you do lose the spay/neuter because the are now considered ADULTS.

And Banfield has wellness plan just for ADULTS. Bottom line...

It's your responsiblity for what you but your autograph on!!! By siging the agreement you are saying you understand and abide by ALL guidelines of the wellness plan.

First off your services aren't cancelled or lost, your wp basical re-starts again for another year from the date of transfer, all spays/neuters should be done before 6 months or there are additional charges that can be inccurred 1) over 6 month fee and 2) over 50# fee (obviously doesn't apply to all breeds), these are stated. Reason being it becomes a riskier surgery the longer owners wait, the heavier they are the more risks as well.

OWP are preventitive care not health insurances. As far as changing birthdates if you work for them, you will know that isn't allowed and is rather unfair to those who do use the services appropriately. Its employees like yourself who change the rules and make it hard for the ones who follow them when a transfer client comes in.

Also please note that although most Banfields are located next to or in a Petsmart they are not affilliated, they are two seperate corporations. You apparently dealt with some uneducated employees.

I just singed my male terrier on a puppy plan. It states on the first page of items included in the plan that the neuter must be done up to 6 months of age.

So I don't get your problem? Oh wait, you want to blame them for your lack of responsibility. Did I get it right?

Why the buy something you don't bother to understand? It's like expecting your stove to just cook for you because you assume it's going to.

the new office should have changed the age of your puppy to alllow for the spay or neuter and then changed it back after the plan was ordered- thats what we do-- I am sorry that your plan was not transfered correctly- please call the main office

You are very smart not to go back.

View more comments (4)

Stay clear of Banfield Pet Hospital

My fist appt the Exam consisted of the vet taking my dog's temperature, listening to his heart and picking him up by his front legs so his was standing on his hind legs facing the vet. He proceeded to bounce him while giving me the hard sell on Wellness Plan . Sounded good so I said yes. Tech came in with charges and savings, I removed 3 ridiculous charge. The vet never returned. The exam report reads he checked his eyes, ears, nose, throat, lymph glands, teeth, gums, abdomen, urogenital system, anal sacs, musculoskeletal & behavioral responses. They took my dog out of room for the shots, that has never happened in over 35 years of animals with previous vets I was told to call in 2 days for heatworm results, other vets have them for you by the time you check out. Before I left I asked to see the vet and was told he was with clients. I mentioned it to the tech and the receptionist. I realize it's not their fault so I remained calm. To add insult to injury my appt was for 10:30 A.M., I finally saw what they call a vet at 12 noon. My cost was $423.13. Don't get me wrong, I know what it costs to take care of my dog and I pay it gladly to a reputable vet. Never again!

For puppys and other dogs based on the comfort level of the Dr they lots of vets take pets to the back- if you dont want them to speak up.

(Banfields policy is to due the vx in the room with you and explain what each one is for)

sometimes hospitals do run out of heartworm tests and have to send them out to a lab. its not that uncommon, usually have results in a day. if you weren't comfortable w/ them taking your pet out of the exam room to give vaccines, you should have spoken up and requested that they give the vaccines in the room.

The Banfield at McKinney TX killed my dog within days due to negligence, and the corporate office doesn't even call me back. They are the worst of the worst!

View more comments (2)
Loss
This hospital is located in Ocala, Florida. We took our welsh springer spaniel there because he was not feeling well and the one vet diagnosed him as having a heart murmur grade 6, and that his blood was flowing backwards into his lungs and she put him on 3 different...

Although it is horrible to loose a pet, DPN is correct in that the name itself gives away its intent, Wellness Plan, its not a Sick and Injured Plan is it? No.

That is why I carry both a Wellness Plan and Vet Health Insurance to get "full covereage" if you will. So I'm covered for both well and sick times.

Banfield Pet Hospital in Little Elm, Texas - Banfield Vets

I know there are people out there witnessing the unprofessionalism at the Banfield Clinics. I agree with the complaint about the class action suit. Please anyone out there with any complaints on the Mckinney Tx Banfield please contact me at lorim223@gmail.com The lady from California., Please contact me, I am willing to help you as much as possible. This is the biggest ripoff, unprofessional place I have ever seen. To think a vet would be allowed to practice medicine when its very apparent hes a total ***. Please step up and contact me if you have experienced this at all.

such an ignorant comment.....

I don't think they are vets practicing medicine, they are groomers pretending to be a vet.

View more comments (1)
Review
I am filing a complaint with the Vet Board here in Sacramento today. Misdiagnoses and a personality like a dial tone, combined with lies and the inability to speak with a leader at Banfield HQ in Utah shows the world what a racket they're running. I am the *** one,...

My opinion of Banfield: SCAM! I just got a yorkie puppy and the first day I took her in to Banfield they diagnosed her with several different things and labled her "the poster child" of the vet because she "just has so many things wrong with her." In one week This "vet" has taken $650 from me.

I'm a college student and this is a pretty huge chunk of my income. In 8 days, they have put her on 7 different antibiotics, in addition to the heartworm medicine and 3 vaccinations. One of these vaccinations was the bordetella which is supposed to prevent kennel cough, which they diagnosed her with 5 days after they gave her the vacc. only to put her on 2 new antibiotics in addition to the 3 she was already on for other things she supposedly had.

Two days after that she wasn't getting any better and they had me bring her back in and diagnosed her with pneumonia. They then put her on 2 new antibiotics and took her off the previous ones, claiming they weren't strong enough in addition to making me leave her there for a large fee and claiming she needed to stay under their supervision for 2 days. None of this was covered under the "wellness plan" either. I was told by two different vets and the breeder I got my puppy from that I was being extremely overcharged.

I don't think the word "wellness" is a good way to describe my puppy consecutively getting worse and worse over this one week as soon as I take her in to this vet, then being charged $650 just to have to take her to a new vet in the end. I hope you win this law suit, if you need any help let me know!

Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Winter Haven, Florida - "It May Take 5-6 visits--and then"

I recently took my dog to the Banfield hospital in Altamonte Springs,FL. During the visit,he was tested for mange and the results came back negative. I was told specifically by the vet that he had a viral infection and was given 3 different pills for him to take and a bottle of shampoo to bathe him twice a week. After 3 weeks my dog is not only better, he is in worse shape than when I brought him to Banfield. I called the manager and was told that it could take "5-6 visits to find the problem and if we can't then we send him to a specialist". I informed her that I was already told it was a viral infection. She stated that they would still have to check him out again AND I would have to pay full price every time I came in. Sounds to me like they knowingly wait a few visits to come to a cure. STAY AWAY!! My credit card company is working with me to dispute the charge of $169 from the original visit,so if you are unhappy with Banfield,please feel free to do the same.
#20817

Liliy, I can't believe how ignorant you are.

You don't have to "see" mites for them to be there. The treatment sounds perfectly acceptable.

You say they didn't charge you for bloods, gave you a cheap price, and yet you still whinge. What a nice piece of work you are.

Our story is beginning to sound like yours. My daughter described her guinea pig's rash and the tech told her it was probably ringworm and to see her vet.

She took the animal in today after iodine failed to shift it and was told it could be ringworm or skin mites. I know guinea pigs are prone to ringworm, but it's obvious there are no mites in the hair or on the skin.

They sold my daughter medicine + a shot to treat both possible conditions. I appreciated them not charging us for bloodwork on the rat, and the meds were pretty cheap, but the scattershot approach definitely confirmed my habit of only taking the rest of the dependents there for routine shots!

if you feel banfield was delaying treatment to get $ why did you keep going there. even better, how did it take 6 visits to come to that conclusion? sorry, there's no quick fix for any pets medical problem.

I know from 1st hand that it does take five to ??? visits to diagnose a pro blem incorrectly!

Hopefully, your dog will still be alive by the time they send you to a "specialist". :)

View more comments (3)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Houston, Texas - My dog became disfigured @ petsmart danfield vet. hospital and refuse to correct her, but only to ch

my puppy ( very expensive ), english mastif with her regular shots given to her, when i bought her at barely 9 weeks old I want to have them care for her, and they agreed to it because she will all the shots given to for any kind of illness. her leg became disfigured and they gave an optional treatment plan that was costly. the treatment didn't last two days, I took her back, and they want to redo everything again and on top of that, I have to pay again. All the advice about this type of treatment was a failure to there part, and that's held against me

Clearly you are not a very educated person which would also mean you are easily confused. Being a tech myself, I have never seen a leg become disfigured due to a vaccine.

Thanks for making me laugh though. You should not have animals!