Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Banfield Pet Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama - Banfield's latest unsatisfied customer

I do not beleive that if someone complains about service that it means they are cheap and do not want to pay the expense for their animals. I LOVE the care that my animals receive at Banfield and you can't beat price as far as programs are concerned. The actual Veterinarian is fantastic. HOWEVER, I have two healthy dogs and have now visited three times in this past week and have to return AGAIN in a couple of weeks with BOTH of them. I have always been very laid back and easy going but the level of ridiculous at Banfield in Webster, TX has exceeded even the highest of extreme scenarios. My problem with them is their HORRIBLE reception. They have no clue what they are doing up front and never have (at least for the past two years of seeing my boys). They constantly screw up appointments, do not leave notes in the files or communicate with each other, charge for things not given, call back to confirm wrong appointments after just hanging up with me (and don't even remember our conversation a half-hour ago) and it only gets worse. This isn't something new that I have just started dealing with, it's the last straw. If the actual care wasn't so good- I'd have left a long time ago. Only bring your pets here if you have time to deal with *** at the front desk and have plenty of time to shuttle a healthy animal back and forth for what they forget to do. I really should have my own parking place there. They continually ask why you are there when THEY set the apointment to begin with!!!!!!! All in all- not the best place unless you are prepared to get everything they tell you in writing at each appointment. I now have to bring in a file EVERY visit to show those idiots exactly what they said and even then, they can't tell me why they said it. They even have the nerve to get snarky and rude when you are frustrated with the stupidity and confusion.
Banfield Receptionist

Suprised they haven't been fired yet. Wouldn't happen if I were there.

talk to the office manager or cts-- That is not ok.

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in El Dorado Hills, California - I had a small dog. She was seen by banfield for over 10 years. She was in pain.

My little Missey. She was seen by banfield for over 10 years. When Missey became 15 she started having trouble with an inner-ear problem. Banfield did nothing. another vet worked with me on meds. during this time she became in extream pain. other vet gave pain meds and shot. In a three day time frame I went to two vets. and a third vet to finially put her to sleep. We needed lab work, on thursday I asked banfield if they could do annual lab work, she was due, they had no appt till following week. to late for missey. xray also showed large mass.Banfield would not do annual lab work till tuesday. She died on sunday, mothers day

That would have cured the mass that was killing her? If your annual labs were due why had you not already done them?

Pets get sick and die just like people.

What about the other ten years you took your dog to this place? You do realize 15 is REALLY OLD for a dog don't you?

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my 7yr old dog a few months ago.

I wish every day that I had never taken her to Banfield's. She would have lived if I had taken her somewhere else.

BocksMom

I am so very sorry for your loss. It only took one visit for me to realize what a mistake I made visiting Banfield.

My dog is my baby and I have lost many through the years and it does not get any easier. Sounds like Missy had a great mom.

View more comments (2)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in San Jose, California - I'm not gettting what I paid for

I'm paying for service, so services me! Day of neutering; after taking the day off they tell me something is wrong with her Liver function bld test and more blood work would need to be done. Those results came back and she is actually normal and couldn't have anything wrong with her liver, so we schedule again and again I take a day off, showed up at Banfield, Antioch, Ca, to only find out they were closed, no Vet on site. Now yes I did have an appt, no, they can't say how they tried to get in contact with me to re-schedule and i'm on the short end of the stick again. The person in-charge clearly do not value there customer cause if they did, the staff as well as the person in charge would have thought to have service recovery.
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Las Vegas, Nevada - Beware of Banfield!

My dog was very weak, vommiting, and not eating. They prescribed a medication for the vomitting. They ran blood tests and I was told everything was fine. They recommended I take her to another vet if she got worse since they would be closed. After several visits I ended up taking her to the other vet in which they diagnosed her with Addison's Disease she later died that died that evening. After this I did some research on this disease, if they would have given it more effort to diagnose, her death could of been prevented. To add insult to injury, they are going to still charge the monthly fee for the insurance, even though she is deceased. They don't care about your dogs only your money.

I am truly sorry for the loss of your Pet, but thanks DPN for a sane voice. My cat recently went into acute renal failure, but due to the fantastic medical service provided by my local Banfield and then by one on the 24h Banfield’s down the road, he survived against the odds.

I found that Banfield provided very high quality medicine and all of the doctors were great and very helpful, calling us to let us know what was going on.

All three of my pets are on the wellness plans, which are great, and we saved hundreds of dollars due to the discounts in the costs of services. With any Veterinary practice, some vets are better than others, but it does seem that Banfield have lots of really good ones.

Glorified dog groomers? Wow not quite sure what medical health and washing/bathing dogs have to do with each other but if you say so.

Im thinking if that were the case Banfield wouldn't exsist.

I love educated people. :p

All I want to say is READ YOUR WELLNESS PLAN CONTRACT!!!

I bet that Susie's dog was a dachshund. I went thru the same type of problem with my dog about 20 yrs ago. My vet diagnosed her with Addisons disease, put her on meds, and she lived another 10 yrs!

I think if Susie's dog had been diagnosed correctly and had lived, she would not care about having to pay the contract out.

To me, Banfield is nothing but glorified dog groomers!

I am truly sorry for the loss of your pet, unfortunately it happens. However, I will say that often times in animals and humans diseases aren't easy to dx as symptoms can vary for each disease and inter-relate, meaning be symptomatic of something else..

Vets & Docs will do diagnostic testing to rule out diseases. Perhaps at the time your dog was treated the blood work wasn't remarkable to warrant other testing. Diseases can be quick and progressive. You also mention "insurance" Wellness Plans are NOT INSURANCE, they are preventitive care and offer free office visits and discounts on non healthy pet services.

Why should banfield not collect your contractual obligation to them, they provided services and discounted services as they agreed to give you.

If you offered $1500+ worth of services for $350 over 12 months, and someone stopped paying but you provided the service, wouldn't you want atleast your $350 or should they just say oh well . Come on people stop blaming everyone, take the time to read the contract and realize that vets and docs are humans too, there is only so much you can do when given certain symptoms.

I wonder how many pets will die because of Banfield's incompetent staff. Anybody that reads the reviews on this so-called veterinary service would be insane to subject their pets to Banfield's so-called veterinarians.

I am just sorry that another pet had to die because of them!!

Everyone who is experiencing these terrible misfortunes should also contact your local Better Business Bureau and file complaints. If anyone has ideas on how to make a better impact on combatting these clinics please share it with us all! I'm ready to jump on the Bandfield Wagon!

View more comments (7)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Stone Mountain, Georgia - Banfield Kennesaw incompetent, rude, and unprofessional

I took my 3 year old yorkie to Banfield Pet Hospital at Petsmart in Kennesaw to get his rabies vaccine and heartworm pills. While I was there, the nurses were completely incompetent, they threw away and had to reprint 4 different estimates in 20 minutes because they said they kept forgetting additonal fees for things like blood storage, etc. The nurse asked why I was there, I told her, and 2 minutes later she came in and asked me again why I was there because she forgot and didn't make notes in the computer for the doctor. When the doctor came in she said she didn't know what I was there for because there were still no notes in the computer. I told her again, they did his vaccine and drew blood and we left. The next morning he was shaking all over, would not move at all, and if you touched him he would cry and whimper. I called at 9 AM and told the receptionist what was happening and that I needed to know if this was normal or to bring him in. She put me on hold, then came back and said that I could bring him in if I wanted, but it would be $80, and "you know, like, they may just give him fluid, you know?" Literally, that is what she said to me. I told her I did not know, and could she please have a nurse or the doctor call me so I could know what to do. 5 hours later, I called back, because no one had called, and the same girl answered, I asked her if I could speak to a nurse or the doctor since no one had called me. The nurse was very rude, interrupted me in the middle of me telling her why I was calling, and asked what exactly is he doing. When I told her, she said (very rudely) that she has been a nurse for 5 years and has never heard of a reaction to a rabies vaccine. I was absolutely appalled because in the 5 hours of me waiting for them to call me I had looked on the internet, and told her so, about all kinds of reactions to rabies vaccines. Not to mention, that is why they will not let me take him in to get groomed until 48 hours after the vaccine. She told me that no one called me because they were in surgery, which at that point I told her how the receptionist answered my question the first time I called and she told me it was because she was new. She put me on hold, then came back and told me that she was mistaken, the doctor said it is possible for dogs to have a reaction to the vaccine, but as long as he is not vomiting and having diarrhea then it should be ok, and to bring him in tomorrow if he is not better. I will NEVER take him back there. I work for a doctor's office and if a patient is having problems we do not guess, or even come close to saying what the receptionist said.

"has never heard of a reaction to a rabies vaccine"

A Vacs reaction can happen with any vaccine. Some studies indicate that Rabies is one of the more reactive vacs.

All vas reactions should be treated. I would still have brought the pet in for treatment even if hes not vomiting. There are medications that can be administered to ease the pain/soreness, and prevent it from getting worse. Sounds like you were not given the best advise...

In the future for vacs, make sure you do them early in the AM and the DVM can give a Benadryl pre-med before the vacs. Best wishes :-)

I also do not recommend their 'care plan' ... it does not save you money.

I will not take my animals there again once I am out from under it. Dr. Reynolds and Dr. Barby are very nice but too much under the 'Banfield rules' and I totally agree with your assessment of the nurses and receptionists and have told them their 'careless' computer work concerns me that my animals are not getting all they need.

Robin, in particular tries to be too efficient and does not listen to the owner very well.

I definitely do not recommend Banfield Kennesaw. :sigh

Banfield Pet Hospital in Doylestown, Pennsylvania - $80 Bandage update

Ladies and gentlemen pay attention to this! Here is the update of my pet cat's wound treatment from the Banfield clinic in Ocoee in comparison to Winter Garden Animal Hospital which he was taken to today. As I stated before Banfield advised me my pet required surgery and was treated with a bandage. If I had selected the surgery Banfield was animate about it would have been in the price range, and I stress range because they couldn't provide an accurate figure, anywhere from $575 to over $600 and that didn't include the $80 bandage that was paid for yesterday. Winter Garden Animal Hospital just called to let me know the worst thing that could have been done to my pet was the bandage being applied and his treatment will be all of $90 for their services. Thank you Winter Garden Animal Hospital for a true service to my family pet. Banfield needs to forget the greed-there is enough elsewhere in the our existence. Don't use people's pets for your own benefit. Banfield you are pitiful! Robin Clark Winter Garden, Florida

So Banfield advertises as a holistic vet practice. Apparently this is not true! Where are the true holistic practitioners???

Banfield provides care with the goal of charging the highest fees humanly possible.

Greed.

Rip-off.

This company should be prosecuted for abusive pricing practices.

I agree. I worked for Banfield for a long time and all pricing is corporate.

However, I disagree that they are in it to make a dime instead of two nickels. While prices are corporate set the doctors care about the patients in the long run.

And don't be fooled, just because the corporate office sets the pricing doesn't mean the employees agree with it either. :)

I worked at a Banfield for almost 3 years and i can tell you that these people have no control over priceing, these priceings are what the corp wants to charge. everyone can agrue all they want but its not going to change anything.

its not the vets fault!

if you want to complain call corp! :)

$80.00 bandage you are correct.

They are a corporate business directed to follow a certain protacal for each condition, instead of using their own judgment they have a list of charges indicated for every condition.

Folks stay with your independent Veterinarian , yeah they want to make money but they are not driven by corporate greed .

Plus they want your repeat business Banfield doesn't care they have new pigeons every day come in.

If you truly care about your pet stay clear of Banfield.

View more comments (4)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Doylestown, Pennsylvania - A 4 hour wait & $80 later for a bandage

Banfield Hospital 9585 W. Colonial Drive Ocoee, Fl 34761- WHAT A JOKE! I took a pet cat in for an emergency visit as instructed to do so by a prior phone call to this clinic. I was told to bring him in immediately due to a 1 inch open puncture wound to his chest. 2 hours later I was finally seen by a technician, 3 hours later I was seen by the doctor who gave me the wonderful news that my cat needed surgery and since they closed @ 5:00 pm services could not be rendered. If an assesment had been made 3 hours prior I could have spent the $80.00 @ a real place of treatment. Their motto is "Treating Your Pet Like Family" well this is one family you will never touch again. Robin Clark Winter Garden, Florida 34787

im sorry to hear that, the banfield that i go to is really good, however we took my boyfriends pup to the one buy his house and it didnt seem as good as the one i go to.

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Auburn, Indiana - DO NOT USE BANFIELD - A RIP OFF!!

On four separate occations I have called to have my pet seen by the doctor because of the poor dog has been in pain with ear infections. Each time I have called to see if I can bring the dog in, they tell me the doctor is out of town attending meetings! They also told me that I might want to take the dog to another local Vet. I have requested that they stop billing my credit card for failure to provide the services that we agreed to.... they state that they will not cancell the agreement until the anniversary date of the services.

interesting... I have had both of my dogs on a wellness plan with Banfield (1 for 4 1/2 years and 1 for a month) and have been nothing but delighted with the service and vets/nurses.

Sounds like you just have a bad location. Every business has a few bad employees.

#190995

This is very interesting as I have been taking my dog to Banfield Hospital (Petsmart) at the Forum (Selma) for about 2 years. They have always seen him very quickly and gave him very good care.

They sedate him for teeth cleaning and there is no problem afterwards. They always call the next day to see how my dog is doing and they seem very professional.

Is banfield pet hospital located in selma?

:x

If so, then don't reccomend anyone to that place cause they are just fraud. Sue those bastards before its too late!!! javascript:ac_smilie(':sigh')

javascript:ac_smilie(':sigh')

Can't do anything when they are gone. javascript:ac_smilie(':(')

javascript:ac_smilie(':(')

This is the second time we have taken our cat to this particular Banfield vet, Roque Gonzales. He works in the Selma, Texas (210-258-7955) store. On both occasions hwe reminded them that the calico cat is lively, will require additional sedative (a genetic characteristic), and is best handled with a small oral or im dose .2 mg of Diazepam. On both occasions we advised that the benzodiazepine was fine with us.

On both occasions no sedative was administered (there was a teeth cleaning involved) and on both occasions the cat was returned with bleeding gums, swollen lips, bruises, and she walked jack legged for two days. Jack legged--not just a little unsteady. This cat had been roughed up pretty bad.

Sop today it happen again. This time I called the State licensing Board, it just all seems very unprofessional. Sure enough ole "Dr." Gonzales has a questionable (appears to be a social matriculated) degree, is on disiplinary status with the Board, and just last yuear was the subject of two TV expose' on him behavior in his previous job with the City of San Antonio. He was fired from that position.

I called, Shannon Ried at Banfield in OR and filed a complaint, she has not returned calls and claims to be in meetings--convenience so any attempt to reach her at 503-922-5672 is just helping them circle their wagons.

So I checked this guys report (supposedly a $944.00 worth of tx) the admission report totally is inconsistent with the findings.

I have asked Banfield to kindly have another vet review the findings and do a preliminary on the cat. ABSOLUELY NO RESPONSE.

Just common sense--only a thief hides.

Go pony up and pay your local, non sanctioned or TV exposed vet.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Fort Myers, Florida - 13 Years of Great Experience with Banfield

I (and my cats) have been clients of the Ocala FL Banfield hospital for 13 years and have NO complaints. In fairness, before slamming all Banfield vets & hospitals, one should evaluate each hospital/vet individually because just like vets in private practice, there are great vets and incompetent vets and you should make that evaluation based upon the individual vet & hospital. During the last 13 years, I have had 3 elderly & very ill cats that I adopted from rescue organizations as "special needs" kitties that received excellent caring treatment for serious medical conditions. My Banfield vets have taken time to educate & thoroughly explain health conditions and care procedures for my pets, provided discounted tests, medication and some free boarding (in addition to the wellness plan discounts), welcomed visitation privileges with my pets during stays for extended treatment, returned my phone calls, provided free collaborative consultations with University of Florida professors from the UF Vet School & Research programs, and provided an overall excellent level of care. You should know I spoil my pets and treat them as members of the family, so I am as choosy and particular with their health care as I am with my own. I do not tolerate doctors or vets who do not take the time and put forth the effort to provide exceptional levels of quality care and education to patients. I appreciate the Wellness plans because since I have had several pets that needed non routine medical care, the plans have more than paid for themselves and saved me a lot of money. Apparently "pet insurance" or "wellness plan" is a concept that does save pet owners money because more and more private practice vets are now offering their own versions of pet insurance for their clients and accordng to a couple of consumer surveys I have read, the concept is increasing in popularity among U.S. pet owners. If you have a pet that requires more than routine medical care, the wellness plans are invaluable. If your pet is healthy, young and only requires routine care (shots, yearly exam), then maybe the wellness plans might not be cost effective. If I had to find a negative about Banfield, it would be that because they offer such good advancement and promotion opportunities to their vets, the turnover rate of vets coming and leaving is higher than vets in private practice and I can see where this may offer more opportunities for clients to become unhappy with their service because there is less opportunity to develop a long term relationship with your vet and have him/her really get to know your pet and your pet's medical needs. I feel badly that apparently so many people have had negative experiences with their vets at Banfield Pet Hospitals. I just wanted to share my experience and let folks know that not all Banfield Hospitals and vets provide poor levels of care for pets.

Although I contnue to fight with the Daytona Banfield about my case, I told corporate Banfield that my vet in Orlando was awesome. I only had to switch due to moving. BUT, I do feel they should accept responsibility when they hurt one of our pets and cause the pet a future of unending medical problems.

Banfield Receptionist

I'm glad your happy, it makes us feel accomplished when we have happy clients

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Woodstock, Georgia - Banfield Kennesaw- Pure Incompetence!

I took my cat here when she had a skin problem because it was right across the street and I had heard so much about it. I made an appointment days in advance, yet when I got to the place and gave my name, I still sat and waited for nearly an hour. During this time, the receptionist was basically yelling questions to me across the room about my cat, even though I had already answered those questions in the paperwork I'd given her. She pressured me into having my cat's nails clipped for $25 and when I declined, she gave some b.s. response like "Well her nails will grow into themselves and hurt her, blahblah." Okay, I've had a ton of cats before and cats take care of their own nails. Then she tries to pressure me into an expensive dental cleaning (again, I had already written on the paperwork that I brush the cat's teeth myself). She AGAIN tried to GUILT- TRIP me into an expensive extra service. When I was finally taken to an exam room, the vet looked fresh out of medical school, which wouldn't have bothered me except that she answered all of my concerns by saying she "didn't really know" what was wrong with my cat and thought I should just observe it and come back for a recheck in 2 weeks. I also asked her if the flea powder for carpets was safe for pets, and she told me to ask a Petsmart associate. I asked if she was seriously telling me to put my pet's health in the hands of a high school Petsmart employee, considering she was a vet school graduate and supposed professional, and she said yes. So, for nearly $100, I got no diagnosis, no anything, and Banfield had the NERVE to call me asking if I was coming back in for a recheck. They can shove it! And send that nitwit back to school!
Loss