Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Banfield Pet Hospital in Livermore, California - Banfield Incompetent Rip Off

Our dog started limping so we took him as a walk-in into a Banfield clinic at the local Petsmart. The "nurse" proceeded to take him into a room for xrays. Diagnosis was a broken toe - ~$800.00 for xray and a setting, not to mention antibiotics and pain pills (~another $100.00)! They set the toe and put a tight bandage around his paw and leg with instructions to keep the leg dry (which we did). Within 3 days, he was trying to *** off his bandage. We removed the bandage to find a god-awful sore (which smelled horribly), and rushed him back. They ended up removing the bandage and said if we waited any longer, they would have amputated. We took him back home w/o a bandage and he healed fine on his own - after $1400.00 for a diagnosis, a bandage for 3 days and antibiotics/pain killers. This happened last July and I'm STILL PISSED!
tina101

lmfao you people have nothing better todo with your life to funny. to the dumb *** who said that it took 4 months for banfield to wright a scrip for heartgard dont listen.

if her pet has not had a heartworm test just like all the vet clincs around you have to have one before you get your heartgard *** ***. and as for the fax hahah so funny i would give you a $1.00 for that if i seen a 2 year old faxing. and your right their is no such thing as free when you have a pet or a child.

is your bills free? huh noooo get a life you dumb *** ***

tina101

hahaha no thats not true and you know it i think you are going a little overbord ladie. if you have the wellness plan and for pulling teeth it does not cost $1300.

are you sure nothing is wrong with the pet? just to pull teeth its maybe $300.00 i think that you are on the lowest plan witch would be the primary. dont renew your plan who cares. find another vet how will *** up your pets teeth.

why have pets if you cant afford them? give the pet to someone who can take care of it. its people like you who think you should get everything for free. sorry it dont work like that.

if you where to go in and have your teeth cleaned and pulled its like $1,000 is it not?

so why are you ***? get a life

I had the "fabulous" Banfield insurance as well and things were great UNTIL I had my credit card stolen and the credit card was closed, well Banfield kept charging the card which resulted in my account going to collections over $250. Which of course ruined my credit and my them denying me continued insurance.

So I am very angry with them. Yes, I totally agree, they never have compitent staff and/or doctors. They aren't that much smarter than we are so why act like it. The only difference is, is that they went to school longer for a different degree.

As far as the nurses, I don't think I should call them that...

technicians or helpers. Well they suck!!!

Bradenton's comments took the words out of my mouth. Well put!

But, be glad your pet is not dead because of their incompetence.

We enjoyed the Banfield years ago, the hours, the staff, and the convenience. Now the staff is new every time we go there. Minimum wage, incompetent, Middle school education staff, absolute *** Every attempt by the staff is incorrect not once but 12 or more times. I knew how to use a fax machine at 6 years old. They are so Lost. Absolute *** They require a fee to terminate their *** plan because they know their service will not stand up to their promises. They denied further service to one of my dogs and want to continue to charge me till the plan ends. Pure harassment and their practices should be looked into by fraud services. Below is a letter sent to the Dirtbag Company.

At my pets last visit the Dr. Insulted me horribly verbally to my face she said "I don't know why people don't take their dogs to Aggression training, Its its like someone Bipolar not going to a Psychiatrist" WOW TO MY FACE OUT LOUD, she would not treat my dog anymore if I did not take her for aggression training. She is perfectly mannered and responds instantly to my commands except for when at that unprofessional zoo. She is 4 years old and has never hurt or attempted to hurt anyone. The employees change lately so often, The personnel are different every time I go. The staff consists of people who are minimum wage, no experience, insulting and mainly incompetent. She does get upset at Banfield, so I always muzzle her there, she is only scared to death. It is not a good environment for any animal that is breathing. Please cancel my wellness plan as of today. I have had nothing but hassles with the local pet hospital. My pet is scared to death and they do nothing to try to soothe her or make up to her, no good "bedside manor" offered. Again hugely unprofessional for a Vets office. Besides that point, it took almost 2 months to get them to write a prescription for Heartgard for my dog, Somehow screwing up over a dozen times. I had to call both Banfield and the online company I was ordering from numerous times. The first request (before 1 year from previous test had expired) they said they couldn't find her in their records, "Find employees with brains" and then they waited long enough for her to need to go for a new test before they would write it, so they denied it. Then I got the above mentioned talk about not wanting to see her again. I asked to pick up a prescription this past Monday, left work early to get there in time and prescription wasn't there. They said they would fax it Tuesday, never happened again. Called them again on Thursday and requested fax, they said maybe they would call the company I was ordering from and send it to them. They sent it to the wrong company and the only way I knew that was that company called me to ask if I wanted to place an order. Finally faxed request again today and they faxed me the prescription. The first time it was wrong and I had to request it again. (my hair is turning grey) Now, finally after nearly 2 months I have a prescription in hand. No professionalism. Everything has just been a tremendous nightmare. When we first started going there it was convenient, evening hours, weekend hours, could go anytime great professional staff. Now it is very difficult to get an appointment and they always request that the pet be dropped off for whole day. I'm sure under the circumstances they don't want me to drop off my pet (since they don't even want to see her)! And I wouldn't want her left in a cage for hours being neglected and scared to death! I would not leave my neighbors pet Rat there! I called in to cancel and they said I still had 3 or 4 months left on contract which I would be liable for even though the hospital does not want to take care of my pet. I have been on the plan for almost 4 years and did not sign a 4 year contract! If Banfield was a Professional Vet with professional staff today as they advertise I would be glad to continue to use them as a vet. Please mail me a copy of the 4 year contract with my signature signed.

I will do everything in my power to Distribute this nightmare story to warn people from getting Scammed into their contract just to find out that their pet is lucky to be still alive today. GO TO A REAL VET NOT A PETSHOP

Banfield does not offer insurance, it is preventative care. The monthly fee is like a payment plan.

Pets cost money. There is no such thing as free health care.

Does anyone out there think that $1300 is the right price to have your cat's teeth cleaned and 2 teeth extracted? I don't.

We have the "wonderful" banfield insurance, so we "only" had to pay a discounted price of $400. The teeth cleaning is supposed to be included at no cost. I am totally unimpressed.

We pay monthly for the insurance and will not be renewing after this term. We will try to find another vet that hopefully will love cats as much as we do, and will hopefully handle our cats the way we want.

View more comments (6)
Loss
I have left 5 messages in the last three days to talk to the vet about my cat, who was diagnosed with beginning stages of kidney failure. I have NOT gotten a call back...All I get is we've been busy.....the doctor has your messages,,,,blah blah blah I just want a...

Your dog died because of congestive heart failure, not Banfield's incompetence. When a dog is in heart failure there is medication to slow the process down but not cure it. Banfield couldnt have done anything for your pet. If your dog was in distress you should have taken it to an emergency room, not waited around for a phone call.

People on this site constantly blame Banfield for things that have happened to their pet for 2 reasons. First, their inability to understand medically what is going on with their pet and second, not wanting to pay for quality health care. Things that are described on here could happen anywhere! And just because Banfield is in PetSmart doesnt mean it is a low cost clinic nor does it mean it is low quality, it is the opposite.

In addition, people like to rant and rave about Wellness Plans. They are WELLNESS plans, not insurance...with contracts. If you dont read the contract you cant be mad when it doesnt work out the way you thought it would. The WP is a great money saving tool if you know how it works.

View more comments

Banfield Pet Hospital in Geneva, Geneva - BAnfield not for us

July 07 gota 5 month female poodle. the next day we took her to Banfield at Briarcreek in Raleigh NC. they sold me on the wellness plan, i signed up. first I had to wait 1.5 hrs. no big deal they had an emergency. I told vet that Annie ( our pup) I saw signs of flea bites and worms, so I wanted her treated for this. They did a stool check and I was told she did not have any that they could see, then it was recommended to give her benadyrll before shots would be better of course extra, no problem, after 3 hours she had her first set of shots set an appointment next round. so about 30 days later back again and I again I stated that I still saw worms in her stools, treated her. 30 days later , I come with a stool specimum I am still seeing worms. leave her there, about 3 hours later I get a call wondering if Annie has been in a different enviroment as she had tape worms that come from fleas and I needed to get rid of the fleas to get rid of the worms. But they did not see any fleas on her.Well now, that just floored me, Annie had no fleas ( not since the day we got her) they treated her and the excsue was that tape worms did not show up in test. I had already told them she had them. Every time we go we get a different person, they never have time to talk, they get what shots she does or does not need mixed up, so I have to tell them look at her records , she has already had that, then its a oh . I had her spayed there and regret that. Anyway I am getting a new Vet, instead of a puppy mill this is a Vet Mill, they are so busy they do not have time to properly look after the pets, they do not listen

Banfield Pet Hospital in Seattle, Washington - It is all about money

BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES, that is Banfield, I intend on filing a complaint with better business bureau about they're so called care for my pet. You sign up for the wellness plan you had better be ready for all the surprising extra cost that you WILL incur even if you ask questions, they will mis guide you and find some legal way around your legitimate complaint in them leaving out need to know information, verbal does not cut it, read the contracts no matter how TRUSTING THEY SEEM. My story is to long to write, and Iam to upset about it right now. So I am saving my complaint for the BBB, and hopefully they will start to SHUT THEM DOWN
detz25

On 4/17/08 they informed me that they found crystallization in my pet\'s urine samples. They then prescribed antibiotics at a 300% markup over any Internet pricing.

Gave him a steriod shot and were preparing me for bladder stones, surgery, x-rays, etc. When I questioned how much this was going to cost they flew into a rage and stated that they were not going to get into an arguement over price. The price was over $1200.00.They said that X-rays were $250 and a radiologist had to read them (included in the $250.00).I stopped all dealings with them (even though I had 3 months to go on my \"Wellness Plan\". I was fortunate enough to get another vet immediately.

They X-rayed, catheterized, tested for stones, echo grammed, complete physical and medication. They found NO CRYSTALS. NO STONES, just a lowered white cell count (due to a bladder infection.) Total cost no insurance--$150.00.Banfield misdiagnosed, over charged, and their k\"wellness plan was completely useless.\"A few days priod to this incident my dog was due for a complete evaluation. They always manage to bill something not included on the plan.

Ready for this? In the comparative cost column they showed that the regular, normal exam, without the plan would have cost $1,350.00. No X-rays, nothing out of the ordinary.Can you imagine anyone taking their healthy pet in for a normal checkup and being told their bill would have been $1,350.00. We would have a lot of sick pets running around.I can go on and on.

This Banfield is in Largo, Florida. Let me hear from you.

\n This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

I am disappointed with Banfield

I took my cat to Banfield today and was very disappointed

My appointment was at 9 (mind you no one else was there) waited until 10 for vet. They needed to draw blood, waiting until 1:00 and than they ran the test incorrectly.

Redid the test and now I am not sure I trust their results. Office manager basically called the vet a liar. Had computer problems but didnt bother to call tech support. Wants to retest in 30 days and I think Banfield should pay for the retest.

Cant get any where. Help

I do agree with you Vivian, I know that Banfield is making money off the plans. I would not care so much about the money, if my dog had been

taken care of when she was sick. Instead, she died, due to Banfield's ignorance.In no way do they give you quality medical care!

"People who want only, say the rabies vaccine, are people who either don't have enough money (and therefore should not have a pet), ignorant of the importance of all the other vaccines (ie: ***), or they just don't care about their pet."

Vivian, there is a distinct difference between ignorance and stupidity...you unfortunately have demonstrated the latter. I personally own four cats and two dogs (some of whom are on Wellness Plans), am a veterinary student, and am employed as a Banfield PetNurse.

Regarding vaccines, you should be aware that Banfield's policies are not the veterinary field's standard - they are Dr. Campbell's standard, and Dr. Campbell is first and foremost a businessman. Corona? Of no significance in adult pets, and vaccination not recommended ( by the AAHA, AVMA, etc.). Giardia? Easily treated w/metronidazole, plus the vaccine only reduces symptoms/transmission risk. Lyme? Not always worth the higher risk of reaction given the disease prevalence in a particular area. I personally vaccinate my pets for only the core diseases recommended by the veterinary community as a whole, despite the fact that other vaccines would be covered by my WP. So why do we offer them in the first place? Each can have its place, whether it be a very young animal (where corona infection would be more severe), a particular geographical region (i.e., where lyme is endemic), or a home w/an immunocompromised individual (where giardiasis acquired from a pet could be deadly).

I share your frustration with clients who insist on remaining uneducated - the owner of an elderly dog w/severe periodontal disease who only wants a rabies tag, or the new owner of a puppy who refuses a fecal exam b/c the breeder "already dewormed", although they don't know w/what drug, dose, or frequency. These people drive me crazy w/their defensiveness and automatic assumption that I'm out to get their money. I'm there to offer what's available to their pet as well as to educate on what's most important. If a client is ignorant about an aspect of pet care (as we all were at one time), it's my responsibility to try and change that and their responsibility to be open to change and to try to do best by their pet.

Shame on you for your inflammatory remarks. They make you and our practice look bad, and they certainly don't elicit change from whom they are directed.

I'd personally love to show up to your clinic during Wellness Hours requesting rabies only just to hear you grumble about my ignorance, stupidity, lack of funds, etc...you'd be wrong on all counts.

Sounds like Vivian works for Banfield, I think you struck a nerve, How can all these people who have written in be so wrong, and the few (who seem to be employed at Banfield be right)??? How does that work???

Bordetella is respiratory so he does not need to leave the house to catch it. Parvo is fatal and do you mean your 14 year old dog never leaves the house to go to the bathroom or go to the vet?

#2055

Vivian - You would advise me to give my 14 year old dog a parvo or bordatella vaccine when she never leaves the house?

Who's ***?

#2044

Sounds like you're the typical *** who thinks the wellness plan is insurance. What the *** is wrong with you?

Yes, there are costs.

It is good to both make money and be able to give quality care to pets. People who want only, say the rabies vaccine, are people who either don't have enough money (and therefore should not have a pet), ignorant of the importance of all the other vaccines (ie: ***), or they just don't care about their pet.

View more comments (7)
Loss
My 4yr old Yorkie was vomitting constantly & was severely dehydrated. He was rushed to Banfield, Eden Prairie for a assistance. (he has been going there all his life). Tests were conducted as well as X-rays. No one could diagnose his quandry. Finally, after a month...

I've been to this clinic, and I've experienced their used-car salesman 'upsell' techniques, so I'm not debating that issue. This would NOT be my first choice of clinics, except they do offer reasonable hours and are considerably cheaper than going to the emergency vet.

I've only been there as a substitute for the e-vet, never for reg care.

What I do want to offer is that, yes, teeth do fall out during a dental. I was a vet tech for years and have done many dentals.

On some dogs, particularly small dogs like yours, once the plaque is removed, the teeth actually do simply fall out, like the hard plaque was keeping them in place. I know, sounds crazy, but true.

View more comments
Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Please dont go to Banfield!

I just adopted my first little puppy, a boston terrier. I found the wellness program at Banfield to be a great deal and signed right up. I started regretting it the next week when my puppy started becoming ill. I took him back because he had diarhea and bloody stool. The vet ran some tests... some very vague tests and sent me home with amoxacillin for colitis. He did not get better! Took him back the next week she said he had food allergies. We fed him chicken and rice and he did okay. Took him back the next week and saw a different vet who told me the food she had prescribed was not good for my puppy. He did not do any further tests on the dog and went I got home I noticed worms crawling out of his butt. The last straw was when I took him back to the same vet and he asked me why my dog was on a prescription diet. I have switched vets and unfortunately can not get out of my contract with Banfield. I will not be getting him neutered there so I'm basically throwing money out the window..it's totally worth it though to have a safe and happy puppy.

Banfield is the pits. I have been taking my dog to Banfield because when we first got the dog we loved the Vet who took care of him and the Wellness plan made sense.

But in the last 4 years there has been a huge turnover in doctors. There has been at least 4 different doctors. The front desk staff has been rude. Even threating to send us to collections when THEY made a billing mistake.

(The Vet did apologize) They never inform us when vaccines are due. I happen to keep records and know when to bring him in. When I have called to check his records, they have told me he doesnt need any shots, when in fact he did. Just depends who answers the phone that day.

And the different offices are not linked to each other and don't share records via computer systems.

(i.e. you can go to any CVS and the pharm will know what RX you take)

Banfield Pet Hospital in Warrington, Pennsylvania - Banfield only about money

I have a 12 year old boston Terrier who has been dealing with extreme allergies for 4 years. At first we went to a Banfield in MD, got nowhere but spent thousands of dollars. I finally found a great vet who understood my dog's needs and my budget and we did what we thought best for my dog and her circumstances. We moved to Pa and all my dog's allergies disappeared! For 8 months she was great! Then, right around when we brought a Christmas tree in the house, she started itching and went downhill quick. I took her to Banfield, because it is close and has walk-ins. I explained that i know my dog and I know how to deal with these allergies. I've had her tested, done the special food and vitamins, etc. They looked her over, left the room and then came back with an itemized list of how they believe I should "treat" my dog. $900.00!!!! Obviously, I said you must be crazy. They came back with $600, then $500, etc etc. All the while I'm getting the guilt trip from them. Two hours later, I ended up paying $200 - I didn't want to leave without the medications needed to help my dog. But I will never ever again be treated like that or have my pet treated like a meal ticket.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Be very careful about purchasing a wellness plan with them. They tell you that you can transfer the plan to another pet hospital but when you attempt to do so then they make you renew the contract for another year. This is not consistent with what they tell you when you purchase the wellness plan. Care was often provided by a vet student or graduate vet that was not licensed. I would say care was adequate but certainly not great. They almost always try to upsell you on your "wellness" visits. They tend to try and find problems that encourage you to purchase expensive products or services.

Does anybody on this planet read things before you sign??? Everything on that very legal contract very clearly states what the plan is, and isn't.

It clearly states it is NOT INSURANCE. The duration of the plan, how to cancel, and how it works. You are basically paying off the services you use over a year instead of in lump sums. So even if your pet dies before the year is up you have to pay off the services you used.

That is fair. The plan is for preventive care only. In hopes that taking consistent care of your pets prevents illnesses. You do however get a discount off other things not preventive.

The contract doesn't claim to cover illness.When I worked at Banfield I had to force people to read the contract. Most people didn't want to be bothered. I also followed up by mailing them facts on the plan. Still ignorance is bliss I guess.

The same people who didn't want to take a second to read where the first to throw a fit when something happened. I also made sure that people were sent reminders 30 days before the contract was set to renew so they could cancel it. No matter what was said to get you interested in the plan you still had the chance to read the contract. There is no excuse good enough as to why you didn't read before you signed.

Im not saying Banfield gives the best service ever, but still READ BEFORE YOU SIGN. It would save you a lot of grief. If you didn't then don't blame someone else for your laziness. Oh and PS Veterinary medicine cost money!

Most the diagnostics are the same as ran for people.

Medicine is not cheap by any means. So please expect to spend some money if your pet is sick.

Banfield Pet Hospital in Olympia, Washington - REGRETTING TRYING TO SAVE $$

my german shephard has been acting depressed and not eating for two months and the vet was very confused after MANY TESTS of finding nothing. After a third visit and him totaling ignoring the fact that the dog was limping everytime we talked, I went to another vet and the dog was diagnosed within 30 minutes of having Panosteitis(long bone disease in GS)an ailment of GS's till they are 18mos of age. It is very painful for them. She was given Rimadyl, and she now acts like a 1 yr old puppy instead of a 10 yr old dog. This Vet at Banfield never once entertained the thought of this disease. IMAGINE THAT!!!!!

Banfield Pet Hospital--A Money Mill

I've noticed in other complaints I've read regarding Banfield that some consumers feel Banfield staff is not properly trained. That is completely true. Banfield won't pay to hire certified vet techs. They post ads in places like Monster.com and probably other job sites to the effect that they will train you to be a vet tech on the job. So, Banfield hires prospective vet techs (they call them Pet Nurses) right off the street. These are people who may have other good qualifications but have absolutely no veterinary or other medical experience. I know, because I was one of these people. Here's the training I got: I sat down at a computer and started to go thru 100's of training modules. While these modules are informative and perhaps somewhat educational, they don't prepare the Pet Nurse for the real "hands on" skills that are required in this business. Existing staff members were too busy to properly train me. Almost all of the procedures, equipment use, diagnostic tests, examination skills, etc. require REPEATED hands-on training. I didn't get much hands-on training at all but rather was introduced to things on a piece-meal basis. Totally confusing for a person with no previous veterinary experience. For example, I was asked to do a microscopic examination of fecal slides to detect the presence of any organisms. I was not trained to know what to look for and could not get questions answered. So, I labeled all the slides as negative since I didn't see anything moving or what might appear to be organisms (such as roundworms) from my limited layman's perspective. Wow, sure hope the 8 dogs whose slides I reviewed didn't have parasites! Here's the deal on Banfield. Vet techs (Pet Nurses) are basically sales people at Banfield. Their job is to sell products and procedures, get the pet to come in as often as possible, and to sell Banfield's various Wellness Plans. Most of their beginning training modules (weeks 1-4) are about selling. Pet Nurses are required to mention the Wellness Plans on every occasion a pet visits the hospital. So, true technical skills are not what Banfield vet tech trainees get. I was at Banfield for 6 days. In six days I was expected to be able to do blood draws, set up the equipment for surgery, do a series of examinations including abdominal palpations, optic tonometry, dental prophylaxis, run CBC's, do all the Snap Tests for things like feline leukemia and heartworm, run urinalysis tests, learn their bizarre and illogical online medical records system, --well, the list goes on. On the 6th day, I asked the Pet Nurse Director, my immediate supervisor, if I was really supposed to be able to do all of those things. She said yes, that they expect Pet Nurses to learn to do all that in about 10 working days. Hmmmm, "real" vet techs go to school for 9 months to a year to learn how to do those things. Bottom line: you are taking a real chance with your pet's health and possibly it's life when you take it to a Banfield clinic. After about 6 days on the job, I finally confronted the Pet Nurse Director (my immediate supervisor) and asked her if they were actually expecting me to function as a fully trained vet tech in what would amount to 10 working days. She said yes.

Very good post, I was really searching for this topic, as I wanted this topic to understand completely and it is also very rare in internet, that is why it was very difficult to understand.

pet preform manufacturers

Great informational article. I learned quite a bit . I will be using the things I learned from your article.

Regards

PET preform manufacturers in india

Husky pet preforms

It was a awe-inspiring post and it has a significant meaning and thanks for sharing the information.Would love to read your next post too......

Thanks

Pet preform suppliers

PET Preforms

Thanks

Regards

PET preforms manufacturers in india

Wow, this must have been a highly unorganized location. At my location, we have five techs.

I have a four year Animal Biotech degree (and previous experience), one of us is in the process of an Animal Science degree, and the other three have YEARS of experience prior to Banfield, even though they're not "certified". Also, we're not treated like "sales people". Your location obviously had a horrible DPN, because after three months of working there (even WITH education and prior experience) I still learn something new every day. And our DPN has no problem with this.

You should not have taken a job you were clearly not qualified for. You should ALREADY know how to use a microscope and draw blood if you plan on working in a vet facility.

These are basic trade skils. Period.

Maybe the Banfield employees here should clarify that they don't actually PERFORM surgery's. They assist the Doctor.

Be careful with your words, because there are some very ignorant people on here. I don't know what local the OP was employed, but where I worked I wasn't able to assist in the SX for almost 2 years.

I was completely hands on trained, and educated by my HD. One location is not all the locations.

Okay, I am a current DPN (Director of PetNursing) and I must say that your DPN must have been horrible! I'm sorry that they didn't have time to "formally" train you, but please....

Just because the Banfield you worked at didn't train you, don't go bad-mouthing the whole company. I have been working at Banfield for 3 years and LOVE it!! I STILL learn new things, even though I am a licensed tech. There are state laws mandating what un-licensed techs can & can't do.

Most of my nursing staff is licensed and our doctors have been practicing for at least 10 years--one has been practicing for over 30! So, don't listen to one person, get both sides before you pass judgement

I worked at Banfield as a pet nurse and just to let you know what my credentials are, I have a BS in Animal Science, a MS in Animal Anatomy and I am in my second year in veterinary school. They definitely do hire qualified pet nurses.

Please be careful about calling someone a liar. I'm sure some Banfield hospitals are training their techs and/or hiring certified staff.

I will say that I worked as a pet nurse for two years at Banfield. I saw people come and go. I did assist in sx, and was expected to do all the things the poster talked about. I did finally learn and was confident, but I also experienced lots of near misses due to unqualified staff.

We were also required to mention Wellness plans at each visit and were also paid a bonus for each plan sold. There are two sides to each story.

WOW!! 6 months to preform surgery on my pet?!

No way!!! :x :eek

While Banfield does give you training modules, they are for there to help you, not to train you. My DPN is a wonderful person who is very patient and willing to train anyone.

We are not "thrown" into our job. She trains us. And if we are not ready to do something (ie. surgery), then we get more training.

It usually takes a new person 6 + months to be fully trained to do surgery. Maybe things are different at the hospital you were at, but its not at mine.

i'm not sure what state you live in but that seems very strange. I live in Ohio and my pets are on wellness plans and I love all the nurses.

they are not salesman like at all.

One of the nurses there recently graduated from vet tech school and last time I saw her she was really excited about finally being able to run diagnostics and do blood draws because they would only let her watch before she was licensed. While I don't want to call you a liar I agree with the last person that your post should not be taken seriously.

As a Pet Nurse at Banfield and an RVT this is totally false! This person is lying and should not be taken seriously.

View more comments (14)