Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Banfield Pet Hospital in East Brunswick, New Jersey - Devastated!!!

After 2 weeks of calling I finially got the number to the crematory I was beyond devastated when they told me that our family cat Paris was NOT coming back to us b/c Banfield marked it not private! This was my husbands and I's first animal and we loved him dearly as did our two young kids we have never had to put an animal down and it was some comfort to know he'd atleast be w/us ...now he's scattered in a pet cemetery a state away and not home where he should be I am at a total loss for words and sick to my stomach I see that this is not the first time it happened and I'm sure it won't be the last!! I will never EVER go there again nothing could even come close to making up for this!!!!
April3169

I did file w/the BBB and I also called the # you put on here Banfield and guess what I called Friday and still no call back!!!!I have never been so sick to my stomach I absolutely will do everything in my power to make sure Banfield pays for this!!!

Would all pet owners stop taking their pets to any Banfield "Pet Hospital"?? Those of you with horror stories also need to post on any and all consumer survey sites and report this God forsaken business to the BBB.

I am sick for all of you who have posted, but you need to pursue the incident.

Call your state regulatory agency that deals with vets and animal hospitals.

CLOSE THEM DOWN !!!

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi April3169 - We are sorry about your family’s loss of Paris, and we empathize with you during this difficult time. After reading your feedback, we would like to speak with you directly to gather more information. We truly appreciate your honest opinion about your experience at our East Brunswick location. Could you please call our Client Advocate Team, toll-free, at 877-500-2288 or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com so we can help prevent this from happening in the future? Again, we are sorry for your loss. May Paris rest in peace.

Most sincerely,

Gueraprieta

:cry L feel sick for your loss. It is really horrible when those who claim to care so deeply for your beloved pets then betray them!

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Flowery Branch, Georgia - "Treat you like family"? RUN LIKE ***!

I don't have personal experience with Banfield Pet Hospitals. Is this a chain? There's a common thread in all the stories and it is incompetence at best and wrongful death of a pet at worst. There should be a unified effort to close these places down. Attorneys who deal in vet law will take these cases. There is a law in Ga. for example, that states the vet is responsible for proper care and the animal has to be returned to the owner in a healthy state. Look up the vet laws in your state. Don't let your pets suffer or die in vain!

I would like to address something in response to this.

There are over 700 Banfield locations. There are 850 complaints here spanning over the course of several years. But for argument's sake, let's shrink it down to one year.

That is close to one complaint per hospital, per year.

I'd say that's pretty good.

The problem with throwing a blanket of "Banfield is Bad" over the company is that it varies from hospital to hospital. One doctor Georgia might be straight out of vet school with no clue and another vet in Arizona could be the best doctor in the state.

It really comes down to getting review on individual doctors, NOT on the company as a whole.

Review

BANFIELD pet hospital - total fraud!!!

We purchased the wellness plan from Banfield at Petsmart, in Secuacus, Nj, at the rate of $25.95 per month with a $70 sign-up fee. Was promised the world of care for our dog... And for a while it was, though had to pay here and there, not much. Today, when trying to change the billing information on the plan, I was advised, that my plan was changed by the mighty "corporate" to "something we had available at that time"...???!!! Switched to something that does not cover anything - in plain words.... I did not authorize the change, Banfield just changed it at will...!!!??? The service representative - Christy #CH39909 - was no help at all, just offered to cancel the "plan" with no refunds of any kind... Horrible customer service, Petsmart should throw Banfield out of their stores, they are just plain bad business. Consulted an attorney for legal action against Banfield.

went through simimlar situation. they promise you everything to buy into the wellness plan, then the order unnecessary tests and lab work under the "we are concerned" about your pet ploy.

TOTAL FRAUD! this was at the aventura office.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi Anonymous – I hear your frustration, and I’m sorry that the plan did not meet your expectations. It is our understanding that you contacted the Client Advocate Team through our website. The Client Advocate Team will be in touch and work with you to provide a resolution. This additional review has also been appended to your records. If you have additional concerns that have not yet been addressed, please reconnect with the hospital team directly.

Most sincerely,

View more comments (1)
Review
I took him to get him neutered last Monday, and this weekend his surgery got really infected, and we panicked I know I shouldn't have, but I cant help it... any way I took him to Banfield Vet Hospital inside the PetSmart, and all I wanted them to do was to check him...

What is wrong with some of you insensitive vet techs? Have some compassion for pet owners.

I worked at a animal shelter in a low income area, and many cold hearted oeople would drop off their old dog, even knowing the witch lawyer of that animal shelter would require the pet to be on a three day hold, before it was put down. People refuse to feed their dog, and the poor animal would be dropped off starved. I can go on and on. So, have you vaccinated 50 animals in one day, impounded 50 or more animals, or cleaned two full cat rooms, you have no clue what work is.

At least owners you deal with care about their pet. If you ask me for the prices gouging, playing on owners guilt for more profit, you are more of a monster than negligient owners that drop off abused owners. Obviously, the staff of these locations are not well trained, and have little care for their charges. My God!

Why would these places not invest in blackets, newspaper, and disposible kitty litter. Who would just allow an animal sit in its own waste? I have never encountered an agency so callous. Here is an idea get of your high horse and do your job.

Stop blaming the customers for not understanding poorly communicated instructions.

Even poorly run pounds take the time to give instructions and treats ill pets with medication. I can see why employees like you get so many.complaints!

Review
My daughters puppy was taken to Banfield animal hospital in Waterbury CT on August 2nd, 2012 for excess vomiting. She was given medicine and got worse very quickly. Within a an hour and three times in two hours I asked If we could bring her back in and they said...

I'm sorry but I have to agree with the person who posted this review. My shih Tzu has been sick for weeks I pay for the so called wellness plan....funny thing is my dog was healthy before we set foot in banfield.

She was given her vaccines and first shield flea med after they convinced me to change from comfortis she has been sick ever since and they don't help there is no concern or compassion.

My dogs are like my children think of how someone would feel if his was their child. I am stuck paying for the wellness plan now for a year.

Review
I purchased their one year wellness plan for my new pup. Inside of the first 7 months she broke a leg and developed a serious case of gastrointeritis. Both times they assured me of their course of action and when it came down to it I got the "oh that is beyond our...

There is like plethora of bad complaints on Banfield so obviously their customer service sucks and people are being misinformed!

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Round Rock, Texas - BANFIELD HAS A $10 RX FEE THEY DON'T TELL YOU ABOUT!

So.....took doggy to Banfield Pet Hospital yesterday. After the diagnosis I was given two Rx's. I have NEVER been told this before, but they add a $10 TEN DOLLAR charge to every Rx for what they call "Prescription Fee." The nurse said it covered things like the plastic bottle, printing the label, the doctor's help in prescribing it, and the nurse cutting the pills in half. I WAS NEVER TOLD ABOUT THIS! No more Banfield for me!!!! As soon as this years wellness plan expires, we're going to another vet which is much cheaper and more compasionate!
#521943

Hi, Notafraidtocomplain –

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at our facility in Round Rock. I’m sorry your visit was unsatisfactory. I hope your dog is doing well.

If you are willing, would you please consider calling our Client Advocate Team, toll-free, at 877-500-2288, or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com to help us better understand how we can improve overall service? We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience. Your satisfaction is very important to us.

Sincerely,

#520661

Thank you for your very thoughtful and intelligent response. BTW, What is "whinnying??

I talked to them again today, and this is what they told me the $10 fee is for: (1) The Doctor's knowledge (?), (2) The costs associated with inventory (?), and (3) to maintain records.

Translated: TO MAKE A BUCK

@Notafraidtocomplain

FYI: All prescriptions have a "Despensing fee" even the current vet you got to now. They won't tell you that either.

And also you do have the option if the drug is available at your local pharmacy to obtain a written script and get it filled elswehere. It seems like when people don't get their way or don't like what they hear. It's the pet hospital's fault. The Wellness Plans are for wellness issues and all of you think it is insurance.

IT IS NOT!!!! :cry

#520083

Every pharmacy has fees for that stuff... It just usually is added to the script service and u don't see it....quit whinnying!!

Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Waukegan, Illinois - They ripped me off.

I used them for my kitten last year in April 2011. I purchased their insurance for "ONE YEAR ONLY" My year was up in May of 2012 I just saw a charge to my account today for $25.95. I TOLD THEM I WANTED THIS INSURANCE FOR ONE YEAR ONLY. I called the 888-649-2716 got " rude Andrew" who told you have to cancelled the insurance it automatically renews. I go no I was told it for one year and I have to call and get it renewed not the other way around. He's like no that's not how it works. I asked to speak to his supervisor "Emily" is not available to take calls. Also claims I will not be getting my money back. Calling the BBB today and filing a claim with my State's Attorney Office Lisa Madigan. Never will I go back their again.
#522070

Hi Georgio - Thank you for letting us know about this issue. I’m sorry that the plan did not meet your expectations. I understand how this can be stressful for you and would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns further. Your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us - could you please contact our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288 or cat(at)banfield(dot)net to talk with us about what happened? Again, we apologize that you had an unhappy experience.

Sincerely,

Georgio
#519823

Well Jamie I'm glad your happy with them. I have added up the services compared my new vet.

They are still a RIP OFF. I did tell the them to cancel my plan when I had my last visit them.

They did not inform me I had to call their Corporate Headquarters to cancel my plan.

I hope you have better luck in the future with them. Till they rip you off.

#519307

Banfield Wellness Plans are NOT insurance so you know. I use Banfield and if you read the contract you signed for the wellness plan it states that the contract will automatically renew at the end of the contract year and you need to call and have the plan set to non-renew for it to stop.

If people would listen and read things they sign and sign up for more issues like this would not happen. If you still think it was a rip off how about you add all the services you paid for and compare them to all the services that were covered by your Wellness plan. I bet they highly over come the "$25.95" you had to pay for cancelling your plan.

Hope you have better luck in the future reading and listening when you sign contracts and set up for such things. Signed a VERY loyal and happy Banfield client.

#519134

I feel ya, I would call the State Attorney, Johnny Cochran (if he was alive RIP) oan and the local Alderman get them in check.

Tags
  • Lisa Madigan
Banfield Pet Hospital - First Shield is toxic and ruined our dogs fur ! SO UPSET!
Benny is 2 years, a "white" malti-poo. Banfield vet recommend and perscribed FIRST SHIELD for ticks ! Well, it was applied correctly ( on the back ) . Benny went in for grooming and we noticed when he came out that the hair on his back , close to his skin, was...

I am not familiar with first shield and I am not a fan of Ban field. That being said this complaint should really be directed against the makers of First Shield not Ban field.

Update by user Jul 25, 2012

My local Banfield called and told me they are willing to work out some resolution with me, I will know Monday. I have / will try to remove the complaint but this site doesn\'t afford me that option.

I re red my review, there is nothing said that wasn\'t factual. The...

I totally agree it's a ripoff they gave my dog 4 different antibiotics because they didn't know what was wrong with him so when I took him in for a followup after it was a different vet that said "why did she give you all that? he didn't need that only needed 1, well she may have not known." Really?!

But I thought maybe it was just that one time but Nope next time vet said under her breath "well not really sure what that medicine does but we can give it to him." I thought whoa wait I can say I'm not sure but you can't you're supposed to know. then wanted to do an x-ray on my dog which would cost me $216 and that's with the monthly ($38) insurance I'm paying... I said no let's wait.. I took him home with antibiotic called a reputable vet x-ray costs $90 regular exam is $27.50.

You can bet I'm not going to Banfield anymore, cancelling my insurance... I can put the $38.50 in a separate account and go to a real vet and use the money as needed.

I'm glad I learned my lesson before it's too late. DON'T go to Banfield you're pet will thank you and live longer.