Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Banfield Pet Hospital in Dallas, Texas - Banfield

I have had three pets in there care my 1st pet was a pit we started out in WA and had great care then we moved to KY and it went down hill we had to put him down they would not see him do to his "aggressiveness" then we got a kitten and she was a rescue and had a heart murmur and a second opp. she had a very serious one. We just in this past fall got a boxer puppy and when he was 7 months we took him in for a vac and his chip they brought him out and he was coughing up blood they took him back kept him for another 3 hours to come out so drugged up he couldn't sit... since then we have never took him back i know i let a lot happen before i stopped but this was to much for me.....they have just up and let in mishawaka , IN no body knows where they went and that doesn't sit good with me since i have gone through what i have....
Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing your concerns to our attention. We apologize that one of our hospitals has left you feeling this way, we strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit. Please contact us at 877-500-2288 or ClientAdvocateTeam@banfield.net so we can gather more information on your experience and address your concerns, thank you.

Review
After vomiting all night my puppy was miserable and dehydrated. I had a Banfield wellness plan in Fl. so I took him to Banfield in Pa. Dr. never gave pup fluids, gave him barium,never called all day to up date us, and after we had called three times was finely told we...
Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing your concerns to our attention. We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals has left you feeling this way, we strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit. We have located your records and forwarded your comments onto our Client Advocate Team, someone from the hospital will follow-up with you shortly.

Review
Please see the letter below I sent to Banfield headquarters: I have an Optimum Wellness Plan for my cat who has hip dysplasia. I take him to the Banfield Pet Hospital in Tarentum, PA. The employees there are exceptionally nice and helpful, so I feel bad complaining. ...
Banfield Pet Hospital

We are very sorry you have experienced long wait times at the hospital and understand that your time is valuable. We are currently doing two things to address this issue.

First, we work continuously to improve our staffing so we have enough people to help our clients in an efficient and timely manner. Secondly, we are doing a critical review of our intake and checkout processes in an effort to make both faster and easier.

Also, please note that sometimes emergency cases are prioritized over appointments, but we would appreciate getting your feedback so we can understand the specific circumstances of your situation. Please feel free to contact our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288 or internet.inquiries@banfield.net, thank you.

Review
I wish I would have researched more before going to BANFIELD with my dog. I have 2 dogs. We started using BANFIELD a year ago when we got a new puppy and their wellness plan seemed like a good idea. Then 3 weeks ago my older dog (4 years old), naturally we took her to...

To "idiots"

Vet tech posted from the same location at the same time and had almost identical things to say in every post. So you are calling me an *** because you think this is coincidental?

Who is the *** now? Oh yeah, it's you.

Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts - Concerned about all these complaints of banfield vet services

i have been using banfield veterinary services for several years with two dogs although the non vets never seem to know anything about my dogs even though they have computers the vets seem to be knowledge able. It concerns me that so many complaints are being written there must be some level of truth to the complaints the company should take immediate steps to address and begin pr repair i will continue to watch the complaints and spread the word to be on the lookout. It is important to advocate for high quality services in this day when competition is high for every dollar no need to give my money for poor services

One thing that you should take into consideration is that not all Banfields are corporate. Some of them are privately owned.

I worked for one of these for many years and the staff was amazing. The owners truly cared and there were many times we would stay until 9 or 10 at night to attend to an emergency that popped up during the day.

We never turned anyone away and most of the doctors offered a consersative treatment before going all out unless the owner wanted to just do everything. I understand that some of the corporate hospitals are greedy and heartless, but there are others that are not.

I have tried to cancel for 3 months. I cancelled in June, but charged. Thus I took him to the doctor to get my money's worth.

I cancelled in July, but charged. Thus I took him to the doctor to get my money's worth.

I tried to cancel again today and the man hung up. I told him how unsatisfied I was and how my dog came home from a visit with a pulled hind hip and put on MEDS that he did not need.

I went to get a second opinion and I was told that he was being treated for something he did not have which is the cause he had been feeling so bad. (Vomiting, diarrhea, lack of appetite, etc.)

They gave a thyroid test which is a two day process. He fought them on the first day. One of the men told me and then the next day when I took him, the other man said no---he was well-behaved.

He took him back to get the second part of his blood test with a fight. He took him and had him 5 minutes and brought him out saying he was done. There is no way my dog would allow blood to be drawn within 5 minutes especially with someone he doesn't like.

I paid an additional $100 plus for the test and more for the MEDS. He said I owed another $450 to pay for those two visits when I tried to cancel. I told him I was not going to pay for services that almost killed my dog nor did I believe two visits cost $450.

He said he would not cancel and ended the conversation while I was talking. Thus, I had to close my card because the company would not cancel the plan.

My renewal date was June. The time when I began the process of trying to close my account. Appointments were made that I did not schedule. I want to cancel but cannot because they refuse to let me out of the program that I have had for a year. I have paid triple amounts of money for tests that were not needed.

"Please note that we take complaints very seriously...." What a bunch of BS!! :( And don't bother calling the Client Advocate Team either! They don't care about what you have to say, you talk to several different people, (who never call you back when they say they will), get several different responses (none the same), they do their little internal investigation, then tell you they have found no fault on their part, and have nothing else to say to you.

You should find a new vet. I'll never return to another Banfield. Don.t be fooled that they take complaints seriously either.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Pet Advocate – We appreciate your concerns and contributing your thoughts to this site. Please note that we take complaints very seriously and respond to them as they appear and try to resolve each of them offline.

Since these complaints generally concern confidential information, we can’t discuss any resolutions or discussions we have had privately with the client. If you would like to learn more about the process, please contact our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288 or internet.inquiries@banfield.net.

Banfield is all about getting as much cash from you as possible. Their "wellness" scam is nothing but a way to drain your bank account while still charging hundreds of dollars when you need a visit.

Banfield couldn't care less about your pet. You should find another vet.

View more comments (5)
Review

Banfield Pet Hospital in Cicero, Illinois - Banfield almost killed my dog and charged me for it!

I took my 5 month old maltese in for a flea/tick/heartworm treatment ONLY. I also signed up for the Optimum Wellness plan and paid in full. (first mistake!) The membership fee was $40.95, the yearly plan was $431.40, First-Shield was $14.36, WormShield was $28.76, $3.56 tax; for a grand total of $519.03. All my pup's vaccines are up to date and she is not due again until August of this year, however, Banfield decided to give her Bordetella, DAPP and Leptospirosis which made her very ill. A severe allergic reaction to medication she didn't need took place. They gave her Benadryl and Prednisone to solve the problem. As a result I called to cancel the Wellness Plan on 05/07/12; I signed up for the Plan on 04/13/12. Banfield only refunded me $209.00, of the $519.03, charging me for the vaccines that were not asked for and that almost killed my dog!
Banfield Pet Hospital

After reading your feedback, we would like to speak with you directly to get more information. We apologize that your visit to our hospital has left you feeling this way.

Based on this information we are unable to identify your account and we want to make sure we address your concerns. We would appreciate it if you would call our Wellness Plan Team at 888-649-2716, thank you.

Review
I hate this place. $80 to express his anal glands. $50 for a teenager to stick a thermometer in his butt. Then another $30 for some person in the "Back Room" to express his glands. Then, when I complained, they tried to sell me a Wellness Plan. When I asked them...

To vet tech: Prices differ by geographic region. Exams are $45.95 in my region

Review
Fraud, misrepresentation, deceptive business practice. Groomer ignored written directives to not groom dogs genital. Shaved it. Caused dog stress, anxiety, bladder infection. Took my dog, at their insistence to their vet; Banfield Pet Hospital. I was billed for...

I wanted to start a policy on my 2 puppies while I was there for shots on one of my puppies. Because I am not on the account at Petsmart, my husband is, they wouldn't let me.

When I called their policy phone line to ask about starting one they said they could but would need my husband to sign the paperwork giving ME permission to start a policy.

I can buy life insurance for my husband but can't buy pet insurance for my dog? WHAT??

Banfield Pet Hospital in Muskogee, Oklahoma - Banfield Stinks

My sister and I won a "free" examination from Banfield. When my sister arrived with my male dog she was told the appointment was doublebooked. She had no choice, but to leave our poor dog there. Our dog is an outdoor dog, but he is housetrained. They left my poor dog in a cage for over 8 hours, and even gave the dog water. No one took the dog out for a potty break! The dog was terrified when we picked him up. If that was not bad enought they had the gall to charged my sister $165 for their service, and order us to make a follow-up appointment for him. The poor dog was practically dragging me out of Petsmart, as he did not want to haev an accident in the store, but he did anyway and this greatly embaressed the poor dog.

If it was a free appointment what did they charge you for? Did you authorize work to be done?

The internet is full of complaints about a "free" exam that cost hundreds of dollars. Banfield is the most greedy unethical place you can take your animal.

You explained it all in your complaint. What kind of operation does that?

@Simon

Clearly you yourself have never been to a Banfield before. The Banfields I have been to have NEVER charged me for things without authorization.

Im sure this is a typical situation where something was wrong with the pet and when they called to discuss it with the owner she consented to treatment and simply 'forgot' what she agreed to or realized after agreeing she didn't have the money and instead of taking responsibility for her actions she blamed Banfield. I fully support Banfield and believe they do the best for pets including my own.

If you don't like them then simply don't go. Its literally THAT simple.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing your concerns to our attention. We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals has left you feeling this way, we strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit. To address your specific concerns, and to help us improve our overall service, we would appreciate it if you would call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288 to tell us what happened.

View more comments (2)

Banfield Pet Hospital in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Made my daughters dog sick

We just gave our 4 year old daughters dog a bath and put first shield on as directed. We put him to bed woke up in the morning and he did not want to move or eat. I came home from work and he was hiding behind the couch. I called another vet because of course Banfield was closed and they told me that I need to immedately was him with Dawn. Now we have washed him and he has labored breathing. I am paying for this pet insurance that has done nothing but caused my daughters dog nothing but pain. Now my mother is upstairs with my daughter so she does not see him going through this and I am watching him hoping he is going to be ok just praying to god. I was just trying to take good care of him and now I have caused him all of this pain. I do not know what to do. How does Banfield keep getting away with hurting all of these families? How do you not care?

Vet clinics are businesses. As such, it's buyer beware. The difficulty here is in the deep emotions we feel for our pets. Every veterinarian and technician I've ever known began their careers with love in their hearts. Being able to work at something they are passionate about is a dream come true. But at the end of the day, it is a business.

Your daughter's dog suffered due to an UNFORESEEN reaction to flea medication. That is not Banfield's fault, however I would seriously consider finding another vet who will be available to your pets when you need him/her. Personally, all I need to do it pick up the phone, and he is there. I know from experience.

Shop around for more personal service, emergency included. And never buy into any type of wellness plan or insurance. It's the same thing as buying a warranty. They are good to have on those rare occasions when you end up with a lemon, but for the most part they're money pits.

I'm truly sorry about the flea medication. There are other things to try that are all natural that perhaps might not irritate the skin. Again my personal experience - my dog has skin allergies, so I refuse to put any type of topical preventive on her. She's been without for at least 4 yrs now and not one flea on her.

Good luck and all my best to you. Do what you feel is right, take charge of your dog's health. The internet is at your disposal, find a vet that will work for you and be there for your dog.

How is Banfield hurting your family? People are so overly dramatic and quick to blame Banfield.

I have been with the company a long time and NEVER once seen a reaction with first shield (not saying its not possible) but how are we to know your dog is going to have a reaction. The wellness plan is NOT pet insurance it is preventive care it does not cover anything if your pet is sick or injured. We did not purposly give you the first shield to use and not care if your dog had a adverse reaction. We may have been unable to see your dog due to OTHER APPTS booked we do see other animals not just yours we do accept walk-in appts too but im sure you did not want to wait to see the doctor thats why you were probably refered to an emergency hospital.

I always inform my clients of possible reactions mostly with vaccines but most clients just let it go in one ear and out the other than when you suggest giving benadryl prior to vaccines they just think we are after your money no we really suggest things for your pets health and well being.

Im sure the vet went over other flea and heartworm prevention you just werent listening. The doctor is not just some *** we hired off the street he/she has YEARS of extensive education and they are a doctor!

Just have to love the scripted response!!!!!! So if there are several different types of flea preventives available, why would a vet from banfield not go over them with me and explain to me the differences?

Are the others cheaper? Remember I did sign up for the "health plan" but they were unable to see my dog when he was going through this. Also, they were unable to see my dog when he had an ear infection for 3 days.....told me I should just go to the emergency vet!!! So tell me why do I pay for this insurance and have to pay another vet to see my dog also!!!!!!

If banfield cared about thier paying customers why not tell me that there maybe and adverse reaction when I use this product and that I may need to watch him???? Great idea contact my doctor!!!!! I did Banfield and they told me to go to someone else!!!!!!

That is customer service Right!!!! Lets see if you have another scripted response from your PR team or if you are really going to do something to show you care about your customers and thier extended family memebers!

Banfield Pet Hospital

We're sorry to hear that your pet had an adverse reaction to the product. Banfield chose to recommend the FirstShield line of products as our preferred preventive because of qualities such as a faster ability to kill fleas without needing them to *** the pet.

It also protects against a broader spectrum of parasites. There are several different types of flea preventives available on the market, and each one works in a slightly different manner. We feel that the decision on which flea or tick prevention is used should be a collaboration between you and your veterinarian, in order to help select the most appropriate product.

As with many products applied to a pet’s skin, there is the potential for your dog to experience irritation during or after the application, although this and other reactions are not very common. If you feel that your pet is experiencing irritation or a reaction to the product, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible.

View more comments (3)