Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Banfield Pet Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland - Still Paying "Wellness" for DEAD CAT!

I went to take our new kitten in today for her shots. I was asked If I wanted to enroll her in the Wellness plan. Come to find out that my deceased cat's wellness plan does not transfer over to the new cat. Even worse, I have to continue to pay the "wellness plan" until September for the dead cat. I got the plan a month before the cat died. I asked and was granted the number for their administration. I called and spoke to Chrystal. Chrystal stated that because the "retail" value of the service performed on the cat before it died was greater than the plan's fee I would still have to pay FOR THE DEAD CAT. By the way, the cat died at banfield so they know it is truly dead. Chrystal said that she would take 83.85 worth of fees off and waive the 54.00 enrollment fee for the new cat. She also stated that this plan is not insurance and needs to be looked at more like a gas card (an analogy which was very fuzzy). BUT I AM STILL PAYING A "WELLNESS" PLAN FOR A DEAD CAT. Chrystal stated that if she did not make people pay even after the pet died she would not be able to stay in business. I can't say that Chrystal was disrespectful but the idea of the plan should not be what the "retail" value of the services are, that assumes the customer would have gone with Banfield over another market choice. Crystal did acknowledge that Banfield assumes you would pay for the services anyway. She also told me that this was in the fine print of the original contract is signed somewhere. In closing I AM PAYING "WELLNESS" FOR A DEAD PET. Has anyone ever heard of anything so absurd?

First of all we want to say how sorry we are for the loss of your cat. We apologize for any confusion; to clarify our Wellness Plans are preventive services packaged together at a discounted price with the convenience of a 12-month financing option.

When a pet passes or a client wants to cancel their plan throughout the year of the package we simply ask they either pay for the services already used at full retail cost or the remaining payments, whichever is less.In other words, customers who do cancel are not asked to pay for services that they haven't already used. If you have any other questions please contact our Wellness Plan Team at 866-649-2716 or emailing WellnessPlanRelations@banfield.net.

pay up--she is right telling you all that is in the contract you signed--you signed a year contract (with auto renewal- so you better watch for that) and it does state no matter if you get rid of the animal or the animal passes away--your sill under contract for payment for a year--read your contracts before you sign it--you learned a good lesson

View more comments (1)
Product
Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan
Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Never take your pet to Banfield

I used to work for Banfield and I want everybody that thinks of taking their pets there to know what really goes on there. Banfield policy prefers to take pets "to the back room" to do "treatments" on them. DO NOT trust them. These animals are pulled from their owners to be man-handled and mistreated along with all the scared animals in dirty cages. The employees do not disinfect the instruments used on the pets and rush through everything as quick as possible, usually not even performing the treatments they just charged you for. This happens because Banfield's main concern is how many pets to see in a day and APC (average patient charge). All Banfield cares about is getting every last dollar from their clients even if it comes from ripping you off. Your bank account and more importantly your pet will suffer.

The location in Washington, PA killed our dog over a UTI. They refuse to pay the bill after their treatment killed her within a week. The vet their thinks she knows everything while we have spoken to more reputable vets who wouldn't have treated our baby the way she did!

Soulshreik, please call our Associate Relations line so we can investigate your concerns. In order for us to look into a matter we need feedback in a format that can be escalated appropriately. The number is 503-922-5153.

I took my 8 month old pomeranian to get some booster shots at banfield. he walked in to there establishment perfectly find.

later that day i went to get him, when i received him i tried putting him on the floor and he started crying. i picked him up and brushed it off saying “oh hes probably sore due to the vaccines” oh boy was i wrong. i took him back to the vet because he was still limping after 2 days and she told me that his led was dislocated!! “we needto pop his knee back in place and you have to pay for it”.

i paid and they poped it back in and put a cast on. went yesterday to take it off and the leg was in place but now hes walking all crooked! they say they are not responsible for the leg. how can they not be if i left my dog in perfect condition?

now he needs to get operated in order to put his leg back to normal and i have to pay aprox $2000-3000 to fix it!! oh and conviniently they say there camaras dont work so there is no video footage of when i droped my dog of and when i picked him up.

sounds very fishy to me! dont go to banfield, your poor pet might come out with someting he didnt go in with!

your post breaks my heart they used to take our baby Gabby in the back, never did anything in front of us, we trusted them! Our baby died on Feb 6 due to what I consider was their neglect.

I am very happy that you as a past employee are alerting all as to what happens, if one owner can be spared the grief and one less animal has to suffer it worth the effort... :(

View more comments (3)

Banfield Pet Hospital in Bradenton, Florida - Banfield Animal Hospital

February 6 my dog was vomiting, not eating life less. Called Banfield in Bradenton Fl. said they could not fit my dog in. Called Banfield in Sarasota, Fl. and they took me in. Very Nice Vet Doctor G. I had her in Bradenton before. Sunday February 12, dog was in bad pain needed X-Ray. Called Banfield Bradenton said bring dog in. I brought the dog in was placed in room, then asked to leave because of emergency. Emergency or more money because I have insurance with them!! They called me later about 3:30 pm to see if I could bring dog back in. I could not. Monday 13 I called Sarasota but X-Ray machine was broke. Sarasota called Bradenton Banfield and said I could come in there. I called Bradenton to let them know I was coming again I was told of an Emergency. I Paid $850 at another emergency hospital. What is the point of insurance if you can never get in???? Also I called to cancel insurance and the guy told me I already got my money's worth out of the dog. Well I have two dogs one of which I have not had to use the insurance. So maybe you got your money's worth for doing nothing!!! Give Refund Back on Insurance for not providing a place to take pet when sick.

bradenton banfield needs to make sure they keep there meds check so they don't expire.my dog had mrsa but they could't test because at the end of feb. because it expired in dec and nobody checked meds.was told it was the manager got fired then the other got fired.don't take your animals to banfield vets are just as bad.

I had the same situation. No one was willing to open a time slot for an emergency with my pup.

he ended up having 2 surgurys at another location and is still at the vets. When we went in we were told to wait in the waiting room and they would take him back and bring him back to us after because they had an emergency... truthfully. I think its over booking is the problem.

not sure did like them untill they would do absolutely nothin for us. Called their little number and the officer manager called me. Very helpful and was told that she is doing everything they can to make sure it dont happen again. But im to afraid that whats gonna happen next time.

When you kid goes to the doctor you expect to be seen in an emergent situation. if you go to banfeild just be cautious.

Clive, we apologize that one of our hospital has left you feeling this way. We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit.

Banfield appreciates your feedback. We are currently unaware of this situation and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly so we can gather more information. Please call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288. As for your Wellness Plan, we apologize for any confusion; to clarify you can cancel a Wellness Plan at any time.

Please remember that our plans are preventive services packaged together at a discounted price and with the convenience of a 12-month financing option. When cancelling you plan we simply ask that the client pay for the services already used at full retail cost, or the remainder of the monthly payments, whichever is less.

In other words, customers who do cancel are not asked to pay for services that they haven't already used. To cancel please call our Wellness Plan Team at 866-649-2716 or emailing WellnessPlanRelations@banfield.net.

Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Vaccination
I signed up for the 1 year "Puppy Plan", because that seemed like a good deal, to cover shots, etc. I clearly stated that I DID NOT want it to go past that. They "automatically" renewed it after my dog turned 1 and kept charging my account. We have been paying alot...

A similar situation happened to me. My dog was a birthday gift from an ex-fiance.

As part of the gift, he purchased the "wellness plan" and allowed it to automatically debit from his account. Since the dog was my gift, he put the plan in MY name. Now, years later, the fiance and I have parted ways, apparently he stopped payment on the auto deductions, and now Banfield refuses to see my pet. It is heartbreaking because Banfield is the only vet that had ever seen her when we moved several times to several different states.

I recently learned that this "charged-off account" is reflected on my CREDIT REPORT!!! Such a shame.

I have always been pleased with Banfield's care, and I go to Petsmart exclusively for bathing and grooming, but I have been forced to take my dog elsewhere for vet care. :(

Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Vaccination

Banfield pet hospital in Bowie - No Service

I called the hospital because my dog was terribly ill and was having blood in the stool....I was told to take my dog to the emergency room at another hospital because the doctors were at lunch and they had alot of other pets. Excuse me....I thought I paid for service like everyone else and I have been in the waiting room for 40min plus when others have come in with emergencies. I would have at least expected to have my pet seen first and diagnosed before being told to go and spend my money else where really. I pay for the wellness plan every month like others and would have just expected someone to see my pet first before assuming that she needed to be treated else where. Needless to say the plan is a waste anyway. I highly do not recommend going to any banfield hospital and wasting your money when you can get the same treatment (shots) at other pet offices for much less. When I called corporate to file a complaint and unenroll I discovered that the office had been billing for items that where not received during my pets visit. If you use banfield please be aware of what your being charged for the only way to compare is to call corporate and see what the office has billed you for. Signed, P.O. Customer

Banfield in Bowie, MD is horrible. I recently learned that most all Banfields are privately owned, as is the case in Bowie, Md.

I have a wellness plan that is a ripoff. My dog was vomiting and was lethargic and I was told to bring him in on a Sunday. When I got there the vet would not even see my dog. Then 2 days later when my dog was seen I had to pay an extra $300 dollars for blood work.

I will not be renewing with Banfield. They are horrible. They do not return phone calls, they are short staffed - there are only 2 vets, 1 vet left abruptly.

The clerical staff and office manager are very unprofessional and extremely rude. I would not recommend Banfield or their Wellness plans.

We have the 'wellness plan' for Banfield which covers unlimited visits. I called today, March 13, to make an urgent appointment for my dog to be seen.

I was told that the first appointment is in early April. When I expressed my concern that my dog needs to be seen sooner I was told to go somewhere else.

Two things here, the wellness plan is a total ripoff. The staff told me when I was considering the plan that I could walk in anytime with my pet and be taken care of at that time. This is absolutely not true.

Also, when my dog had her semiannual check up I had to leave her there for half and a day. I was not able to see/meet the vet. I now wonder if a vet actually examined my dog.

If you are considering Banfield for your pet please DO NOT take the wellness plan.

It is a SCAM. You would serve yourself and you pet better to go to a reputable 'traditional' vet.

Thank you for your feedback, we apologize if one of our hospitals has left you feeling this way. We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit or call. We hope our Wellness Plan Team was able to address your concerns and if you would like to add additional concerns to your case please give them a call at 866-649-2716.

Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service

Banfield Pet Hospital in Los Angeles, California - Not treated like I or my pets are valuable

1. First visit last week - had to wait 20 minutes before receptionist got to me and I was on time for my appt. 2. Waited another 40 minutes for Dr. 3. Before leaving asked my file indicate I wanted same doctor every visit and requested a quote for potential services that were suggested for followup visit. Received a call back 2 hours later with quote. 4. 2nd visit - arrived on time for my appointment and waited 20 minutes again as it appears that the 10am time is open for anyone to just show up and appointments are not treated with any priority. 5. Didn't get same doctor - "that doctor only works here occasionally" 6. When it was determined my dog needed the services that were previously noted as a potential, I was then given a breakdown of charges that were MORE THAN DOUBLE the quote I received. 7. Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

We are very sorry you have experienced long wait times at the hospital and understand that your time is valuable. We are currently doing two things to address this issue.

First, we work continuously to improve our staffing so we have enough people to help our clients in an efficient and timely manner. Secondly, we are doing a critical review of our intake and checkout processes in an effort to make both faster and easier. Also, please note that sometimes emergency cases are prioritized over appointments.

As far as your other concerns, please contact our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288 so we can gather more information. Thank you.

i like the banfield i go to. they even called 3 times after i got my cat declawed and spayed to check on her. they call to remind me when kitty needs a check up or a booster shot and i payed one fee for everything for an entire year.

View more comments (1)
Review
Banfield in Watchung NJ acted negligently in the care of my dog. The Doctor and staff departed from the conduct expected of a reasonably prudent person acting under similar circumstances. They misdiagnosed, mistreated, and mishandled my pet. Sending me away with over a...

Hello,I had a horrific experience today also with my Dog.The manager LAUREN was.awful, she got me more upset than I already was.She refused to treat my Dog.I ended up St Westfield animal hospital, all the people st Westfield Hospital were very nice and helpful.

Loss

Banfield Pet Hospital in Willowbrook, Illinois - Front desk manager holly sucks at her job acts like shes on crack

banfield hospital let me say is a joke they try to enroll you in their *** wellness plan thats good for nothing the workers look like there all *** idiots who have no idea what they're doing especially holly and the other office manager the place is like a walking shithouse. I advise you take your pet anywhere but there. I went to take my bet to get a second set of distemper shots the first of which he had not even two weeks ago and they want to charge me an office visit fee to give him another check up. They try to get to buy *** you dont need all the time once again take your pet to a real vet if you WANT REAL CARE!!!!

You are ranting, and make me wonder if you have any experience with customer service!? Those of us that do, know that on occasion, people assume you are not busy and want all your attention, and rant when they do not get it!

Let me guess, you did not get your way...... So this rant is really a tantrum. A tantrum that could effect others job security and ability to feed their children.

You gave no detailed specifics with calm statements, rather name calling and your rant. This review is useless!

Thank you for your feedback, we would like the opportunity to speak with you directly so we can gather more information. We apologize if one of our hospitals has left you feeling this way.

We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit or call. o address your specific concerns please call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288, thank you.

The lady at the front desk when we took our dog in last saturday told us with out even looking at our dog to go to another Banfield, so we took him to three more and the same thing, and he ended up passing away, and we were on the WEllness plan.

Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service

Banfield Pet Hospital in Oakland Charter Township, Michigan - TO BANFIELD, THE WORST

@Banfield Pet Hospital Thanks for the generic message I've seen a multitude of times over this site. I called the aforementioned phone number and I was confronted by a Dr. Richmond who was very technical and terse in her "apology." She told me that they wouldn't pay for the extended hospital fees (at a 24/7 hospital, better one too) because Banfield's staff is full of lazy fat-arses that won't work overtime to save the life of what they are advertising to protect- animals. You guys don't even deserve the title of "Pet Hospital," all you do is take in money doing nothing and when the time comes to save the lives of our pets, you sit back and tell us that our pets supposedly had a disease or defect that we didn't know about! I hope your staff will eventually suffer our suffering and be laid off as the lawsuit developing against your concentration camps comes to court.

they numb your pet organs shut down, ask you if you want to revive, drug impairs lungs and pet needs oxygen, they twist your arm to euthanize when pet is still under anesthesia.

Just an FYI - Banfield is not & never has been advertised as a 24/7 facility.

They ONLY are open during the day and just the same as many other Veterinarians have to refer all cases that require overnight or critical care monitoring to Emergency hospitals.

I fail to see how 24hr care for YOUR pet should be their financial responsibility. Nothing to do with the staff being 'lazy' as you so eloquently put it! They are in a pet shop that closes at night so no-one can get into the hospital after PetSmart closes making it unsafe to keep any pets after hours becuase they can't be monitored/receive medications.

It would be very unsafe for you pet and a huge liability to have them stay overnight with on-one to watch them. That's just common sense.

I went into Banfield to pick up my dogs flea medicine. The receptionist looked it up in the computer and told me I used First Shield.

I came home and put it on my 10 yr old jack russell. She immediatly started acting wierd. She lost her appetite, and was lethargic. She now has diarhea.

I also started having a reaction to the flea medication. I felt like I was was crawling out of my skin. I was throwing up. I had a headache.

I decided to look up the medicine to see how long I had to wait to give my dog a bath thats when I realized what the problem was.

Why did Banfield sell me something they knew was making dogs and cats sick and killing them. they should be shut down.

It makes you ask the question are they making the animals sick so you will spend more money to make them better? I certainly hope not.

I know they keep calling us and calling us, wanting our dog to go there to get shots he has already had. also they are VERY overpriced.

Dlee96- We are unable to identify your account based on this information. Please email your posts to our Client Advocate Team along with your full name associated with your account so we can appropriately append your concerns to the right Team and look into this for you. The email address is internet.inquiries@banfield.net.

laura, I am so sorry to hear about you losing you baby, we lost our Feb 6, due to Banfield so I can relate to your pain. Did you know they are ownded by MARS, THE CANDY COMPANY?

Everyone who has lost there furbaby to this company needs to shout it from the roof top to prevent others from having to suffer like our babies did.. :sigh

@MARY MILLER

I wish to God I would have checked reviews before taking my dog there. My ittle baby is gone I have her sister and we are miserable.

They shouldn't be called a Hospital when they are not equipped to take emergencies. My animal went last saturday and the lady at the front desk wouldn't even break away from her computer long enough to get a doctor or even look at my pet child.

She told us to go to another Banfield, so we did and they did the same to us no doctor would take time out their so called busy schedule when there was no one in there. Make an appointment by then he was in dire need even though we thought he was just sick and he ended passing away this past Wednesday.

They didn't catch his leaking heart valve or the thickening of the valve. This will happen to there animal one day and then see how it feels.

View more comments (7)
Loss
Yesterday we lost out fur-baby Gabby a 10 year old domestic short hair. We went to Bansfield in Dec for the 1st time and enrolled in their wellness plan, they put her on thyroid meds that should have been closely monitored but failed to tell us that, then put her on...

Facebook is a place for Pet lovers to interact with Banfield Pet Hospitals and with one another. Banfield welcomes differing opinions – but not to the detriment or disturbance of the community and its individual members.

It would not be in the spirit of Banfield, facebook or social media in general to prevent fans from interacting within this community. Unfortunately, there will inevitably be a few individuals who, from time to time, will try to upset the community. So, when we see behavior threatening to the Banfield facebook community or individuals within it, in accordance with facebook’s Terms of Service, we will delete comments.

If an individual’s disruptive behavior persists, then we may block that user from participating. I now have been blocked by banfield they dont know me, I will get this message through, Mars owns banfied they need to stick to candy leave health care to professionals....

Product