Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Banfield Pet Hospital in Aubrey, Texas - KAREN HERRERA the most rudest, unprofessional, disrespectful individual.

Karen Herrera employed at Banfield located at THe 6134 E Colonial Dr. Is a unprofessional individual who should not be in any customer area. I will no longer Tammy pets to Banfield. They do not protect there customers from employees like KAREN HERRERA.. When you are paying for any service you do not expect to be insulted talk down To especially from a very ignorant individual. If this individual is allowed to be in customer. Area she will drive more people away. KAREN HERRERA SHOULD BE put. In a back area where she will not disrespect anyone again. Please save your customers from this.

After reading your feedback, we would like to speak with you directly to get more information. We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit.

We apologize that your visit to our hospital was unsatisfactory. To address your specific concerns, and to help us improve our overall service, we would appreciate it if you would call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288 to tell us what happened.

Banfield Pet Hospital in Holmes, Pennsylvania - Unqualified Professionals

I had taken my pet to Banfield for over11 years. They want to make it seems as though they care, but they don't. It's all about money. As soon as yyou enter there the hands goes out. They want their money immediately. My pet was taken in his last appointment in Oct. 2011, the doctor did not offer a xray. I then took him to a second opinion only to find had they acted quickier he would have been here today. After I complain they doctor that was the one that only kept him drugged up was transferred to Timonium instead being held accountable they hid her, Dr. Scher.

First of all we want to say how sorry we are for the loss of your pet. After reading your feedback, we would like to speak with you directly to get more information.

We apologize that your visit to our hospital was unsatisfactory. To address your specific concerns, and to help us improve our overall service, we would appreciate it if you would call us at 877-500-2288 to tell us what happened.

Update by user Feb 05, 2012

Additional information: The doctor that Kuki was treated by is Dr. Waters.

On Rochester Rd. in Rochester, Michigan.

Original review posted by user Feb 05, 2012

I took my dog Kuki to Banfield pet hospital to get one of her teeth cleaned. I dropped her off at 8am and expected to bring her back in a couple of hours....

I am very happy, I wish to share my testimonies with the general public about what this man called Dr Oshemili has just done for me , this man has just brought back my lost Ex husband to me with his great spell, i was married to this man called Steven we were together for a long time and we loved our self's but when i was unable to give he a child for 2 years he left me and told me he can't continue anymore then i was now looking for ways to get him back until a friend of mine told me about this man and gave his contact email... oshemilitemple@gmail.com.com) then you won't believe this when i contacted this man on my problems he prepared this spell cast and bring my lost husband back, and after a month i miss my month and go for a test and the result stated am pregnant am happy today am a mother of a baby girl, thank you once again the great Dr Oshemili for what you have done for me, if you are out there passing through this same kind of problems you can contact he today on his mail ( oshemilitemple@gmail.com) and he will also help you as well

Banfield Pet Hospital Dental Cleaning

Banfield Pet Hospital

I have a few things to say about Banfield Pet Hospital I used to work for them the experience working and learning was very good another thing under my belt for the future with another company. The training could have been better with learning a whole new field the staff when answering a question should have had a better response without the attitude with it that you should have known this which I thought was very rude and disrespectful towards another employee. I also did not understand about the Wellness Plan the plan is good and does save you money depending on the situation of the pet. I know its a yearly contract, but if your pet runs away of passes away you should not have to continue with the plan you should be able to cancel at that point why pay for a pet that is no longer with you.

A few notes to make regarding this initial post.

1st. If you sign the wellness plan, you're hooked. Even if your pet dies, you're paying either the full price of the services received pre-death or the rest of the contract. Period. Also note the wellness plans only cover the services identified. If you have a plan that covers a dental, and they decide a tooth should get pulled, they'll try to get you to pay for the pull. Which brings up point #2 (I'll go back to this one a few times).

2nd. The doctors receive 19% of the services they provide on top of their base salary. This means if they perform a $350 neuter, they get $66. If they perform a $350 neuter, sell you a $20 E. collar, an $80 bottle of meds, and add in a $200 dental procedure (which is usually done more by the techs, not the actual doc. He just inspects and says it's all good), they get $123. You're receiving services that are motivated by commission basically, so expect to be up-sold on everything. EVERYTHING. You can buy a better, cheaper E-collar in petsmart than the one Banfield will send you home with. It's silly, pet-meds or ***, even your local pharmacy has cheaper medications.

Side note - Most doctors perform 2-4 spay/neuters and 2-4 dentals (4 surgicals a day) total. Tack on an emergency X-ray for a sick pet with a "possible obstruction" and it's a pizza party.

3rd. Drop offs. They push these because the place is always operating skeleton crew to save labor (which I still don't get. You're paying techs and CSC's $11. an hour to do the heaviest majority of the work, why overload them?! It's crazy). Drop offs help manage the time and have less interaction with owners so they can increase production (I'll touch on "production" later). If you drop your pet off, your pet will be in a cage all day. No walks, no going outside for the bathroom, and unless you specifically ask for food and water to be given or it's medically necessary (as in cases of vomiting and diarrhea), it almost certainly will not. If you do ask, it still may not. If your dog pees in the kennel, it may not get cleaned. If your dog *** in the kennel, it may not get cleaned, and your dog may be sent home filthy or quickly rinsed in a sink if you're lucky. Barking dogs may be put in quarantine rooms to muzzle the noise, sometimes with sick pets.

4th. Wellness plans. Doctors explicitly give preference to pets on the wellness plans (It's easier to perform services if you've already paid for them, otherwise they have to get your ok to do something. This again impacts production metrics). If you plan on using a Banfield vet as your main doctor, get on the plan, or find another doctor. You won't be allowed drop-offs at all, your chances of seeing a doc on an emergency basis are significantly lower, if you are allowed to see a doc on emergency basis, you are the meal ticket. This leads me to the next thing: production.

5th. Production! Doctors are rated on something called production. It's how the corporate validates a doctors performance. If a doctor sees your pet and it's healthy and the doc does nothing but enter in the med notes that your pet is healthy, his production drops. Alternatively, if the doctor sees your pet, and sells you meds, surgeries, expensive diagnostics, X-rays, etc. Then his production SKYROCKETS. Also see note #2 again.

Note on metrics - Banfield SCREAMS metrics all day long. It's a little silly. But this also means they pay close attention to the feedback surveys (as well as wellness plan sign-ups, return visits, etc). Feedback surveys seem (at least in my experience) like a good way to get a result.

6th Scheduling - The employees mostly work open to close. This includes the doc(s). At 6pm, they're SPENT. Most of them are running out the door. At 7 or 8am, the skeleton crew arrives, exhausted from the 10-12 hour day prior, and usually dealing with pre-surgical procedures and drop-off check-ins. So when does the cleaning get done you ask? Good question. Maybe a quick mop job at night, but no real time spent cleaning it. You can see poo in the grout of the tiling, etc. Surgical rooms are never cleaned, but the instruments are at least sterilized and they do use sterile gloves. I did my best, but there's just no time. As an employee, you're not given the tools to do your job well or well enough that you can be proud. It's a real shame.

7th - Petware. Petware is the proprietary software used by Banfield for scheduling and medical notes and records. Also over-used as a form of communication that often leads to mistakes and problems. Petware is EXTREMELY complex and not end-user friendly at all. This is further complicated because Banfield is always watching their labor hours and so offer no real training on this software. This is what leads to most of the complaints on this website that I see - lack of training. But more-so, instead of actually train or mentor the employees, they're provided with the Central Team Support hotline! It's incredibly helpful, complete with elevator "hold" music so that the person at the front desk who has no training can sit on the phone and smile at the customer while they both wait to talk to someone who can explain how to process a return! The directories take forever to navigate, the recordings are spoken slowly so that it takes even longer, and usually you'll have to get transferred at LEAST once from the operator. This makes the skeleton crew even tighter because the person up front is tied up on the phone, the line backs up, the phone doesn't get answered, and this leads to the voice mail box. It's not that the techs or the person at the front desk doesn't care, it's that they're not trained and completely helpless and usually alone.

Lastly - Bordetella. Aka Kennel Cough. It's characterized by a dry hacking cough, almost like the pet is choking itself on it's leash or trying to get something out of it's throat. It's EXTREMELY contagious and spreads quickly through kennels (hence the name, it's actually very similar to whooping cough in humans). Most places require a vaccine for this to have a dog stay in a boarding place like a pet hotel. Well, the vaccines are given at Banfield. But more than just that, a vaccine isn't immunity. It's like the flu shot; you still get the flu, just not as bad because your acquired immune system is primed to defend your body against the invading antigen. The same way, a dog can still get kennel cough with this vaccine in his history. Especially older dogs that are immunocompromised. Disclaimer - I'm not saying they're a cause of any mass infection. Just saying watch out for a dry hacking cough.

Good luck!

gepe53

They over medicated my dog I took to them,she was breathing so shallow...scared the *** out of me!!!The vet was nice but,don't think he really knew his vet medicine very well.Thank god I left them!!!

Anonymous and Goep, we appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, we are limited in what we can do to address these concerns when submitted anonymously.

Banfield is a great practice with an exceptional support system for our hospital associates, and in order to provide the necessary support, we need feedback in a format that can be escalated appropriately.

We encourage you to call the Associate Relations line at 503-922-5153. Thank you.

I worked there too. Their management sucks.

I think they only train them on how to bring the numbers in (money). They know how to lie, that is for sure. To clients and employees. Since Mars took over.

Employees are treat even worse. All they care about is money. It's one of the worst companies to work for and the turn over is overwhelming. They might get on good doctor every 3 years maybe.

Please don't work for them. The stess is not worth it.

View more comments (3)
Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service

Banfield Pet Hospital in Pearl River, New York - Banfield Animal Hospital nearly killed my pet,and continues to bill me.

This veterinarian hospital misdiagnosed one of my dogs,saying she had a low thyroid gland reading, and put her on medication. After a few months, she had several incidents of OCD,nonstop licking the floor and outside ground, was completely unable to connect with anyone, and injured herself in the crate where she had been placed to protect herself and the household.I took her to a nearby animal hospital, who kept her for two days, charge me more than $1500, and finding nothing other than a HIGH thyroid gland reading, caused by being on medication that she did not need. It turned out that her thyroid gland had been on the low side of normal to begin with. In addition, my 13-year-old dog spent an entire day there for some testing, and at the end of the day, when they contacted me to pick him up, he was soaked in urine; no one had let him out to eliminate from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM. I stopped bringing my animals there, yet they continue to bill my credit card for seven more months. Finally, when I canceled the credit card just to stop payment to them, they sent me to collections. As in all the postings about Banfield on this website, they insist that there is no way to cancel one of their "wellness" contracts, even if the pet has died. In my case, I suppose I'm lucky that at least my animals survived Banfield. I want to warn anyone not to utilize this place; it's a disgrace.

talk about inhumane: I know exactly when it's appropriate to put a dog down, and putting a 13-year-old dog down simply because he's older is about the cruelest thing I've ever heard. When my dogs volume life is gone, he is in pain or he stopped eating, I'll know it's time.

I certainly hope that you don't have animals, if being old is your criteria for killing an animal.

Shame on you, and I hope that when you're old, the people were taking care of you don't use your standard. Very sick.

We apologize that one of our hospital has left you feeling this way. We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit.

Banfield appreciates your feedback. We are currently unaware of this situation and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly so we can gather more information. Please call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288. As for your Wellness Plan, we apologize for any confusion; to clarify you can cancel a Wellness Plan at any time.

Please remember that our plans are preventive services packaged together at a discounted price and with the convenience of a 12-month financing option. When cancelling you plan we simply ask that the client pay for the services already used at full retail cost, or the remainder of the monthly payments, whichever is less.

In other words, customers who do cancel are not asked to pay for services that they haven't already used. To cancel please call our Wellness Plan Team at 866-649-2716 or emailing WellnessPlanRelations@banfield.net.

Bennytran

13 year old dog? The humane thing would be to put down the dog.

Not being it in for tests. Where is the responsibility of the owner here??

View more comments (2)
Review
WARNING: NEGLECTFUL!!!!!!!!!! UNPROFFESSIONAL, MONEY HUNGRY, BOTCHED UP SURGERIES! It is now...2012...I wrote this post back in 2008. I am now adding a recap. As of Today...January 31st, I have recieved 4 new comments on this post I wrote 4 years ago. This is very...
#620805

I have to agree with everyone else about Banfield as they recently killed my cat and then sent me a card. Do not take your pets there unless you don't want to see them anymore. Once again I can not get assistance in this city to get justice.

Banfield Pet Hospital Veterinarian

Banfield Pet Hospital

I received a call from them stating that I needed to make a payment, and it was automated and said that I would need to call them back, and promptly hung up on me. So I called back and the woman I spoke with was very rude with me, and would stop talking for no reason so I would keep saying hello. I did not want to have to speak with her anymore, so I politely thanked her and hung up, I cooled off a bit before I called again and I spoke with a male this time and he was reacting in the same way. They have horrible customer service.

Minidancer- We apologize if one of our hospitals has left you feeling this way. We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit or call.

We appreciate your feedback and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly so we can gather more information. To address your specific concerns please call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288, thank you.

Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service
This organization is dirty, underhanded and feeds off fear and love of pets to upsell unsuspecting customers who assume that they are legitimate because they are partnered with a large national chain like Pet Smart. My son was pressured into getting a wellness plan...
#419690

We are sorry we have left you feeling this way, and we are sorry to hear about the difficult time your family is going through. Regarding your son's Optimum Wellness Plan payments, unlike insurance, our wellness plans are preventive services pets need throughout the year, packaged together at a highly discounted price and with the convenience of a 12-month financing option.

We hope you understand that your son will only be paying for veterinary services his pet has already received. To find out more about our cancellation options, please call us at 866-649-2716 or email us at WellnessPlanRelations@banfield.net.

Product
Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan

Banfield Pet Hospital in Alexandria, Virginia - Banfield required wide scope of expensive exams and medications

My dog essentially ended up just having hot spots. I was not sure and figured since I have been paying for this service for the last 9 years I should take him in to be examined. I was told by the examining vet that they wanted to run a bunch of skin cultures and other tests and this would run me about $240. I was initially shocked but decided I wanted to be sure he was ok. I came back once they call me that afternoon to pick him up and was then told that my bill was $760. for some extra tests and expensive prescription grade shampoos and conditioners. I took him the next day to our local vet hospital just to see if I was being wronged and it was confirmed that I could have just done the traditional measures that are listed anywhere on the Internet and maybe spent about $75. on some over the counter shampoo and olive oil and he would have been fine. What you pay over a course of a year does not add up to be better than if you just took him in for routine visits to any other vet. This is true because if your dog does end up requiring more that the listed items in your plan Banfield rakes you over the coals. Spread the word and save your friends from the heartache.
Loss
The 2 most recent examples was 1) a golden retrieverr with about an 8" laceration on the side that was stapled closed using sedation/lidocaine. Their estimate from Banfield was $1890-$200 with the only other option to euthnaize for $51; our charge was around $250 but...
#420009

You said, "It's pretty common knowledge that a Hospital costs more than a Private Practice. This is a universal fact for humans and pets."

It's actually the opposite.

Review
#292074 Review #292074 is a subjective opinion of poster.