531 N Stephanie St, Henderson, NV 89014, USA
1.6

approximately 3 months ago I bought a Wellness Plan from Banfield Hospital in Las Vegas Nevada and ultimately took my dog and beloved companion to their location on Stephanie Street. Over a period of two months they told me it was necessary to run a battery of tests that resulted in cost just under $1,600.

The last test that they wanted to run was for what they believed to be the existence of Cushing's disease. That test came back negative and then they suggested that I allow them to do an abdominal X-ray and when I asked him how much that would cost they Shrugged it off and said 300. Yet all this time while under the care of Banfield veterinarians they failed to recognize that my dog had maturing cataracts and was beginning to experience blindness. During a total of 3 months while under their care my dog went completely blind and became lethargic and then refused to eat which was a necessity as he had been diagnosed with diabetes and required insulin shots.

Banfield veterinarians accepted care of my dog Oscar. At that point I believe I had to right to believe that they would act in a competent manner with due diligence and professionalism. Just the opposite. They failed to recognize even the most recognizable signs of cataracts and blindness in my dog which would ultimately lead to the need for euthanization.

I believe that their incompetence and lack of professionalism and do care and diligence amounts to contributory negligence which ultimately led to the death of my dog and beloved companion Oscar. These people need to be held responsible.

I don't know how true it is but I read a review by someone who worked for bansfield and they said that after the first year they're veterinarians we're takin off salary and their income now was based upon the amount of tests and procedures they could complete. and my mind these people or nothing less than criminals

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Veterinarian.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Kind of sounds like they were trying to regulate your dog, and looking for a reason why regulation wasnt possible (like cushings disease). Unfortunately cataracts happen in poorly regulated diabetic patients.

But, in the end, blindness, even sudden, is not a reason for euthanasia in most cases. Dogs adjust very well.

Diabetic dogs get cataracts. It just happens.

Some faster than others.

You can't stop it. The only way to fix it is with phacoemulsification by an ophthalmologist

Banfield Pet Hospital Reviews