1.6

I took my yorkie in to have her dental cleaning which is part in the plus active prevention services, was told I had to paid extra for anesthesia which is suppose to be a part of the service.I have had many good experiences with Banfield Pet Hospital but lately mostly bad.

I took Chloe in for a visit on March 12, 2016 at that time she was close to death, I didn't have the money that was being charged to provide the services that she needed, I was declined the charity because they felt like she wasn't that important; BUT mind you I have spent well over $1,000.00 of dollars in providing care for her, and at the time when I needed assistance from them, none was provided. Thank God she is still living today. Again some staff does care...

NOT everyone have a steel heart.Chloe is my child...

This person wrote the review because of "pet wellness plan" of banfield pet hospital active prevention wellness plan from Banfield Pet Hospital and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $18 and wants Banfield Pet Hospital to issue a partial refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was unprofessional staff and staff attitude. Author liked the most some of the staff and one doctor and i both like and dislike. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Banfield Pet Hospital for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Banfield Pet Hospital?

Comments

Gold digger!

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #1262709

Vets take an oath just like a Dr. Or therapist, they have to help if they are able to same as a Dr, u cannot be refused or should not be! That's like saying yea I can save her but the almighty dollar means more to them than a life

duck272
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States #1216047

I know this complaint is months old, but I recently had a similar experience regarding the anesthesia.I have my dog on the optimum wellness plan, and yes, it covers the dental cleaning and anesthesia.

However, I was also charged extra (in fact, the same amount as you-- approx. $18.00, if I remember correctly) for the anesthesia. This is because my dog had previously had a heart murmur, and though she no longer had one, the vet thought it would be better to air on the side of caution and use midazolam rather than acepromazine (what they typically use). I obviously agreed to this, and was glad that they were taking my dog's health seriously enough to recommend using a different type of anesthetic, even if it was solely precautionary.

And honestly, if the ~$18.00 was going to break the bank, then I probably had no business (responsibly) owning a pet.

The fact that you say that you also had to pay extra for the anesthesia, in combination with the fact that you said that your dog was (presumably at another time) "close to death" without giving any specifics as to why, indicates to me that you're not being transparent as to the reason why you were charged extra.

APPLY FOR CARE CREDIT, GOD DAMNIT!

And if you don't qualify...perhaps you ought to rethink pet ownership until you have the monetary backing in order to responsibly do so.And please, DON'T *BUY* ANY OTHER PETS and then complain about how expensive taking care of them is.

arghhh.

mind.blown.

to just another anon VT #1174353

I love you.

Marry me?

Sincerely one VT to another lmao

to just another anon VT #1174356

Oh and I just saw your comment to me below but it wouldn't let me reply.I'm the one who talked about what a terrible person I am lol

You're right, that person is obviously set in their beliefs and nothing will change that, but I have to try.

From one VT to another, thank you for everything that you do as well. If you're working this weekend (who am I kidding? We don't get fri/sat off lol) I hope it's an uneventful and stress free one for you!

(Well, again, who am I kidding.We are VTs lol )

Are you on VSSU on Facebook?

to just another anon VT Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #1262704

And for you a lot of people do have care credit, that don't mean *** if the vet is a piece of ***! From an owner who lost 2 cats in the last year and now one is sick that is left and is on a a wellness program, as well so eat that *** it all depends on the vet and compassion , and where he was schooled or any personal knowledge of the animal!

Also - anesthesia is part of the dental package.The only extra charge would probably be for atropine - which is probably along the lines of $20.

It's a drug that is only used if the pet's heart rate goes too low while the dog is under. Again, a life saving measure. Banfield is a bargain for the vaccines and dentals alone.

It's a bonus if you have a great doctor who is a good diagnostician.Understand the plan before you bash it.

You think $1000 is a lot to spend on your dog?I've seen vet bills in excess of $10,000 for one illness.

Depending on the Banfield you chose, it's all about the doctors who work in that particular hospital. If you had a bad experience, perhaps things weren't explained properly to you. I'm so sick of hearing about pet owners who expect something for nothing. A vet is a business owner and is not obligated to give services away for free.

He still has to pay his staff, his operating costs, his inventory orders, and himself. It's not a lucrative career field by any means and chances are he's already giving away his services to local rescue groups to care for severely neglected dogs. In the case of Banfield, it is a corporate owned hospital (owned by M&M Mars. The vets have zero control over the prices.

It is not their business, they are simply collecting a paycheck and do not share in the profit. Please think twice before you bash this or any other vet for refusing to treat your pet for free. You have no idea what you're talking about. What if your boss asked you to work for free tomorrow and only get paid for 32 hours instead of 40?

Would YOU do it? By asking your vet to give you a break or accept payment plans, you are taking money directly out of his pocket. If you are that broke and you cannot afford to take care of your pet properly, you should not have one. It is YOUR fault that you can't afford the payment, NOT THE VET's.

PETS ARE...

On the subject of Chloe's dental - Banfield has 3 levels of wellness plans.

All three contain a comprehensive exam, all vaccines, all office visits, and one set of labs (blood work). Two of the plans include a dental cleaning - which also comes with pre-operative labs (the same blood work), but it is bundled and cannot be split. If you used Chloe's comprehensive exam for the year, she has likely used her bloodwork already. If the dental could not be done because her pre-operative labs were not good, then they need the labs paid for somehow.

The labs were done but since the dental was not, you can't extract that lab work from the package. I hope this makes sense. The pre-op labs are SO important because this is what determines if you pet's internal organs can process anesthesia. If her readings were off, then the vet would have called the procedure off and probably given you instructions on corrective measures.

(It happened to my dog). Pets, like people, can die under anesthesia. I had a dog die under anesthesia and I did the pre-op labs. It's never a guarantee, so if your vet advises you to wait on the dental, then wait.

And don't complain about the extra $$$ for labs because he may have saved your dog's life by calling off the dental. ASK QUESTIONS IF YOU DON'T KNOW. Your vet will be happy to explain.

And by the way, the individual hospital doesn't decide who gets to use the Banfield Charitable Trust. The corporation does.

It has nothing to do with whether your dog is "important enough" or not.

It is financially need based and they review your credit profile before deciding.If you screwed up your credit, don't blame Banfield for holding back on the hand-out.

to mym #1155447

You need to get off your dam high horse.First off, Banfield rapes it's customers!

The prices are ridiculous! My vet does dental cleanings for a hundred and fifty dollars, and ten dollars for tooth extractions! The only expensive items are prescriptions! She is a very knowledgeable vet, and they will reduce for patients.

Most of the time when a animal is in distress it is the vet's fault anyway for not properly monitoring the pet. Or having a inexperienced vet assistant handling the procedure. So, she she have to pay for the vet's mistake?

All you ever see about Banfield is how they screw their employees, over work them, how crappy their vet care is, the long waits, the rudeness, and incompetence of the staff, and those wellness plans are just junk.

They even use crappy products and vaccinations. I would not be so proud to be apart of that.

Your entire tirade show what little compassion you have for customers. So only rich people should have animals?! ***!

You are a freaking snob that needs to get over yourself! Maybe all the animal rights groups raking in millions.A year should start actually helping animals and provide free vet care in poor areas. Everyone should be able to enjoy a pet and not be screwed over by companies that prey on the love customers have for their pets.

There are many places where I live which are affordable.

I notice poor people have more compassion for homeless animals and open their...

So while you are on dam pedestal, I hope it crashes down hard. I have worked at a shelter, and I did work over my scheduled time to help out the homeless animals and fostered also. I highly suggest you try it. It seems to me you need to did a heart, soul, and learn how to feel actual empathy.

It is scary you work with animals.

You are why I would never entrust my animals with Banfield.FYI your a giant douche too!