Resolved
1.3

Wouldn't even look at my cat who was in his death throes, because has wasn't up to date on his rabies shot. My husband was out of work until 2 months ago, and we couldn't afford it, and the cat is an indoor cat, so there's little exposure to rabies.

A similar thing happened with another of my cats, who I thought had a bowel blockage, which luckily, turned out just to be an UTI. They wouldn't see her for the same reason, even though the staff kept telling me that it was an emergency, and I had to have a vet see her immediately. Excuse: a pregnant vet tech. Not my fault she's pregnant.

Maybe she shouldn't have been working with animals when pregnant, if exposure to animal-borne diseases was a concern.

I sincerely hope these so-called "vets" go out of business. Between my horrible experiences with them and their price-gouging, they deserve to.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Customer Care.

Banfield Pet Hospital Cons: Rude staff refused to see my dying cat too expensive.

• horrible staff
  • Attitude Problems

Comments

My pets have always went to Banfield and had excellent care by the staff and Doctors. We have never been turned away at our locations.

I have seen them rush sick pets to the back while waiting on my appointments.

It is very sad this happened to you. So sorry for your loss.

Rabies is FATAL in humans. You expect them to risk their life because you can't keep things up to date?

@Anonymous

Yes, I know. I was bitten by a dog years ago, and have had shots.

Did you even take time to read WHY I COULD NOT AFFORD TO GET SHOTS FOR THE CAT?????

Everyone I have spoken to who has pets has NEVER NEVER NEVER heard of a vet doing this. I COULD NOT KEEP THINGS UP TO DATE AS WE HAD A 60% PAY LOSS THIS YEAR. AND DON'T TELL ME I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE CAT--WE'VE HAD HIM 12 YEARS.

DO THE FRICKIN' MATH, YOU JUDGEMENTAL, STUPID, HOLIER-THAN-THOU RECTUM. WANT TO PAY FOR MY BILLS????!? YOU HAVE NEVER GONE THROUGH A BAD PATCH WITH YOUR FINANCES? NEVER?

YOU DISGUST ME. YOU PROBABLY CHEAT ON YOUR SPOUSE, YOUR TAXES, ETC., THEN SIT HERE, WAITING TO TURN ON SOMEONE WHO'S A GOOD PERSON, BECAUSE IT TURNS YOU ON {{REDACTED}}, I SUPPOSE.

GO TO ***, WHERE YOU BELONG. BANFIELD EMPLOYEE.

@MarineWife1

I have gone through a bad patch, actually. I got my pets rabies vaccine and heartworm prevention through the low cost clinic for two years, taking the money out of my food budget.

I couldnt afford other care, but the basics were covered. It wasn't my pets fault I was in a rough patch, so I kept them taken care of, at least for preventable fatal diseases.

By your response, you obviously have some issues, and I hope life is kinder to you.

But you alone are responsible for your pets, no one else. Take responsibility for your choices.

#1419516
@MarineWife1

I am truly so very sorry that you lost your Beloved Cat

#1419513
@Anonymous

GFY banfield TROLL.

You can afford multiple pets but not their care and treatment.

Don't make excuses ; it's a habit with you.

Let things go until it's an emergency then blame someone else for the outcome.

Do the animal world a favor - don't obtain any more pets until you can afford to have them properly cared for.

People like you make me madder than heck.

@Smitty

How do you know what I do? My husband lost his job; we have had an over 50% pay cut in our household all year.

We DO get our animals medical care. There were only two instances where we had let the shots lapse temporarily. Perhaps you should examine your soul before you judge people you don't know.

And people like you make me "madder than heck".

Of course, YOU are 100% perfect, never do anything wrong, always have money to care for your pets, never lose your job, or get your hours cut due to the bad economy. My cats were thrown out like trash by people who didn't do the responsible thing, like getting their cats spayed or neutered, WHICH WE ALWAYS HAVE DONE WITH OUR PETS. They would have died if we didn't take them in. And, WE DID GET THEM THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF MEDICAL CARE, SHOTS, SPAYING, ETC.

THEN. We had TWO, TWO, monetary problems in our past, where we had to make the choice to feed them, instead of getting a rabies shot.

In the one case, she was only TWO months overdue for her rabies shot. My cats are all indoors, with very little risk of contracting rabies or any other disease.

What a judgmental, pompous {{Redacted}} you are.

Or, do you work for Banfield?

@MarineWife1

All of these *** probably work for Banfield! If a consumer chooses to write a review, there should not be room for other people to comment.

This other people obviously have nothing better to do than to sit on the computer all day and respond to *ish like This! GET A LIFE SMITTY AND "ANONYMOUS". AND THAT'S WHY THEY ARE CALLED INTERNET TROLLS! I BET BANFIELD PAYS THE TROLLS TO REPLY TO NEGATIVE COMMENTS.

Banfield is a subsidiary of MARS, Incorporated. Yes you read that right, Mars. You know the people who make candy and now pet food! A monopoly for sure.

Pet lives have nothing to do with it.

$$$$$$$. It makes the world go round!

#1419520
@Armywife

Exactly.

@Smitty

Do the human raise a favor, amd get a soul! Judgemental ***

Banfield Pet Hospital Reviews