Colonial Heights, Virginia

We take our dog in for a area on his lower jaw that is raw. We have the wellness plan but that does not cover any of the test that was needed.

The people are rude and act like you are wrong when you ask prices. They tell us they will let us know the results of the test in 10 days. We get no call so we drop by and they say the test is still pending. Days later still no call.

I call and Ashley picks up the phone and tells us the test came back positive and we can get this shampoo and lotion, of course over 50 dollars. I say why did we not get a call. Our dog has ring worm. She said we were contacted.

I said we were not. She said they left a message. I said that is not true. We only have two phones and no call or message was given.

Well of course I am the *** and I am in the wrong. But she does let you know in a very friendly voice. They are terrible to deal with and are just out for the money. But we are stuck.

We got the health care plan so we have to deal with them for a year. The vet was very nice and seems to know his stuff, but some of the staff are not.

We are now the bad customers and I hate to think how we will be treated in the future.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

• no test results poor customer se

Comments

I use a small private vet.My cat was so sick with pneomina.She gave her a shot,two weeks of antibotics and food to help her gain the weight back she lost and only charged me 40 dollars.I say go to the smaller vets who are in bussiness for themselves.Did i mention this was a house call?

It is not the customer's fault for the way Banfield chooses to treat their employees, and it is ridicules the customer had to wait ten days for result for ringworm. It is easily diagnosed with black lighting.

If it is ringworm it lights up like a Christmas treat. Instead of taking your displeasure of your occupation out on innocent customers, worried about the health of their pets, maybe you should find another job that bring satisfaction and happiness to your life. Nobody is forcing you to work there.

If employees practiced quality customer service skills most likely their interactions with the public would be more agreeable.

@Anonymous

Actually, that's false. Only one species of ringworm is identifiable with black light, and most of the cases I've seen have not been of this species.

Therefore, a fungal culture usually needs to be performed, which takes 10-14 days.

I agree with you regarding the fact that disgruntled employees should not take out their frustrations on the customer. However, in this economy you often can't just quit and "find another job." I worked for Banfield for a year, the entire time trying to find another job. The market for veterinary assistants and technicians is really difficult.

I was very unhappy with Banfield, but always tried my hardest to be pleasant to the customers.

Sometimes, even though you are unhappy, you have to stick with your job. I didn't have the financial luxury of just quitting without securing a new job first.

@Anonymous

I had it done at a vet office, and at a shelter I worked at. It just is not the more expensive way to handle a case of ring worm.

The problem with waiting on fungal testing is it is extremely contagious to other pets and humans and hard to eradicate from your home. My cat got ringworm and it spread like wild fire and we had to aggressively treat it because at first I had gone to another clinic who waited on a ungal test. While waiting my other cats got it, I did, and so did my children. I took my cat to.another clinic and they were able to tell me within five minutes what the problem was and give me medication to treat all our animals.

It took about two weeks to rid our home of this fungus. I heard from the clinic a week later, informing us what.we already knew and in the process of treating. Ringworm can infect animals, people, if you have children they will infect their friends and their pets and parents and so on. It is unethical to makeanyone wait ten days for this problem because it.spreads so fast and can infect humans and pets alike.

I am sure for Banfield this means more money. For pets and humans it is misery and a pain to get rid of!

@Anonymous

What you pay each time includes a 19% "tip" to the vet, of course he will be nice to you. The rest of the staff, however, are only paid their hourly wage and have no incentive to be nice to you.

Maybe try tipping them the next time and you might get better attitude from them. Same thing as a restaurant really.

@Anonymous

Very little of the money that you spend at a veterinary hospital goes to the veterinarian themselves - it goes to keeping that hospital running. Do you have any idea how much it is to keep prescription medications in stock?

Do you know how much a centrifuge costs? Not to mention you've got a team of people that you have to pay and provide benefits for. If you work in an animal field odds are you are there because you love animals, not a fat paycheck. I started my veterinary career at Banfield and quit after 8 months and began working at a REAL vet hospital where I stayed for 7 years.

Most of the people that worked there had two jobs just to pay their bills.

I am in no way sticking up for Banfield.

Their "wellness plans" are a joke and they have hired terrible doctors. But don't label the good guys in the field with your ignorance.