Northville, Michigan
2.0

As a life-long dog owner, now caring for a guinea pig, I responded to a direct-mail offer for a FREE Vet consultation for my guinea pig 3 weeks ago at Northville, MI Pet Smart's location. When arriving at the "Hospital" to have my pet evaluated, I was told that Banfield DID NOT TREAT EXOTIC animals, though their website, and on-site hospital brochure said THEY DID.

The uniformed woman without a name tag knew nothing about the care or treatment of my animal, (told me to get advise from the Pet Smart sales people) but despite a coupon, still charged me $14.99 just to clip my guinea pig's toenails. When I contacted their National Headquarters for a refund and to complain about the lack of service and care for animals as advertised, nothing happened. Two weeks later, the Northville self-described "customer service expert" phoned me to inquire about "MY COMPLAINT" that I made to Headquarters. I asked her if "she had read my complaint?" The "expert" said "NO".

I asked her to read it and then to give me a call back. Never heard from her!

I contacted Headquarters again today, was passed to 2 customer service people who told me that they couldn't issue me a refund, but they then referred me BACK TO THE "LEADERSHIP TEAM" (their words) at the Northville, MI location. Obviously, I wouldn't place ANY pet in their care!!!

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Banfield Pet Hospital Cons: Very poor and under qualified, False advertising of services offered, Very poor customer service.

• false advertaising

Comments

The coupon was for a free visit, not a free nail trim. It wasn't a "this coupon is worth $40 towards whatever you want".

And some of them do treat exotics, it depends on the location. I've been with my rats at other locations and they've been seen.

You went to a chain vet and you're surprised? How many complaints do you see on this site with chain Medical, Dental and Vets?

When will *** people stop going to chain healthcare facilities? You went because it's "convenient" and now you maybe understand why you shouldn't go to a chain.

These chains are driven by money and expansion not by taking care your health. Don't be ***.