Middletown, New York

I took my extreemly ill kitten to the Bandfield hosp in West Des Moines, IA in May of 2011. At the time they told me about the kitten plan they had, I signed up for it due to the health of my kitten and was informed that even if my kitten died I would still have to pay.

Well he didnt I am thankful to say, he has been very healthy and I had not goen back to the hospital for anything. In Aprial of 2012 I recieved a call from Banfield stating that my plan was due to expire and if I wanted to bring my kitten in for a check up, I declined mainly due to I had moved out of town and was seeing another vet, so I thanked them and was left with the impression that my YEAR POLICY WAS EXPIRED. NOPE!!!!! They continued to bill me and when I cought it and stopped the charges at my bank thinking it was just an error I started to recieve calls from Bandfield, I called them back and was informed that the policy had AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED!!!!!

And that I was NOT going to get any type of refund because it was in the contract that I had signed that it would renew. REALLY????? WTF.

At the hospital they explained it was for 1 YEAR, they CALLED ME TO TELL ME IT WAS EXPIRING AFTER 1 YEAR, THEN THEY BILL ME!!!! What kind of fraud is this????

Comments

Well... I'm not thrilled that every time I go to Banfield they have a DIFFERENT Vet.

Also, very overpriced on meds. I paid $18 for ONE CAPSTAR pill. PetSmart sells them for less than $40 for SIX of them.

At the time of checkout, I was handed a bag with his meds and reviewed everything when I got home. Of course: ALL SALES ON MEDICATIONS are FINAL!!!

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi Anonymous - We apologize that there may have been a miscommunication or misunderstanding in the commitment required of an Optimum Wellness Plan. If you have any concerns Please contact our Wellness Plan Relations Team at 866-894-7927 or WellnessPlanRelations(at)banfield(dot)net to see if there is any way that we may be able to assist you.

Most sincerely,

Lisa

Banfield Online Community Manager

My owner and i were traveling on a 3 month car trip and I developed a cough. We went to Banfield because follow-up would be easier as we traveled.

They were great, follow-up a thousand miles away was great because the had the records. We have continued with Banfield after returning and continue to be happy with them.