Ham Lake, Minnesota

I got a new puppy last year and decided to go with Banfields wellness plan which promised certain services, shots, neuter, etc. Truthfully, things were going pretty well at first. The neuter was done very well, the people were all very friendly, I couldn't complain. The vet recommended Firstshield for flea and ticks, and of course heartworm meds, which is not part of the wellness plan but offers a certain discount. That didn't bother me one bit and as such I opted to buy them. -about a month later I noticed that my puppy had an abnormal gate and limp. -I brought him in right away to have him checked out. Right away the vet noticed what I was talking about and said that it would be best to take some X-rays. X-rays didn't show anything. No tissue damage, no broken bones, etc etc. They suggested crate rest and medication for pain (my dog had to be in a crate for two weeks) Next, when that didn't work they suggested a 14 panel tick test and more crate rest. The panel needed to be sent out because for some reason the company does not supply the vet techs with the proper tests (it's a typical panel test where you dab blood on the test paper, etc) -the vet techs even said its pretty ridiculous they don't have access to it, given we're in Minnesota. -anyway, of course, that was negative as well. At this time my dog is worse. My poor boy is so stiff that he cant even hardly walk. His back legs just aren't working well for him. -At this point I was told they couldn't do anything more and that I should seek a surgeons advise. -I decided to get a second opinion at another (regular) vet office I use to go to. In the FIRST visit, they asked if he's on any meds and what kinds. -They advised that I should stop giving the First Shield right away. I did. -about half a month later my dog is starting to walk better and is no longer having many of the issues he was having. What makes me so angry is that I even asked Banfield if the first shield could be causing these issues, and they made it sound impossible. -I'm not sure if Banfield vets are unable to say anything against their products or not, but in short this whole ordeal has cost around 600+ for X-rays, multiple medications for pain, tests, etc. NOT including the cost of the product that caused all this mess or the plan itself. -I have lost all trust at this point and will not be continuing the wellness plan. -if I could cancel what little time I have left of this plan, I would. I am still unsure if this *** cause any permenant neurological issues, and if it does I will be considering a lawsuit at this point. I really feel that because every one of these visits were "free" because of the wellness plan that proper time and effort was never put in to giving the care I paid for. They just wanted me in and out. If they couldn't charge me for something, they wanted me out. -I'm pissed.

I'm so angry they made me and my dog go through all this. It speaks mountains that the regular vet office figured it out in one visit. -You get what you pay for. Always remember that. -I will be going with VPI pet insurance from this point on, with my local and trustworthy Vet whoem does not have an alterior motive, but rather favors my pets well being.

Sorry for any misspelling as I typed this up on my Ipad.

Kodydahusky.tumblr.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

• firstshield

Comments

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi Anonymous - I'm sorry about your experience at this Banfield hospital. I understand your frustration and am sorry you and your dog went through such a stressful situation.

After reading your feedback, we would like to speak with you directly to gather more information. We truly appreciate your honest opinion about your experience with us. Could you please call our Client Advocate Team, toll-free, at 877-500-2288 or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com so we can help improve your experience? We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Most sincerely,

The Banfield Team

@Banfield Pet Hospital

If a company had policies that put the Client first in the FIRST place and performed h withtrue customer service you wouldnt need a hindsight Client Advocate Team in the first place. Who has one of those?