1.3K views

As a consumer dispute resolution counselor, here’s what I advise with regard to Banfield if you want to get resolution and possibly compensation for your Banfield billing and animal care experiences:

1. Join in on one of the THREE class action lawsuits that are being considered or in preparation against Banfield Pet Hospitals by going to the law firms’ websites and listing your complaints. Definition of a class action can be found at: http://www.claiminformation.com/classactions.htm The more people that sign-up, the greater the resolution and possibility that you’ll be compensated for your emotional distress down the road. The law firms are as follows:

Once there clink on "Inquire About Your Potential Case" and fill out the online form giving specific details of your problems regarding Banfield. Please, make sure that you include either your phone number or send them an email on the link within the "Inquire" link.

Complete the online form outlining your experiences.

Complete the online form outlining your experiences.

Please, make sure that you share your experiences regarding billing issues, pet care (or lack therefore of), names of staff, location of hospitals and if you've ever written to the corporate offices and if so, what was the response if any. Remember, the more people that join the class action lawsuits, the greater the chances of resolution and restitution (financial compensation for your losses and emotional distress).

2. Go to www.ftc.gov (Federal Trade Commission) and file a very quick online complaint. Make sure that you give any contract numbers, names of staff, address of the hospital that you used, leave out unnecessary details and get to the point (short and sweet) and name the CEO as the contact person: Dr. Scott Campbell, CEO, Banfield, The Pet Hospital, 8000 NE Tillamook

Portland, OR 97213. The FTC will issue fines if they receive enough complaints.

3. Google your state’s Governor’s Office or Attorney General’s Office of Consumer Affairs and file a complaint. Most will allow you to do this online. It’s quick and easy just include specific names, addresses, dates, details of problems (short and to the point) contract numbers, if any, and your contact information. Consumer Affairs will

4. Contact the American Association of Veterinary State Boards by calling 1-877-698-8482 or http://www.aavsb.org/ContactUs/ContactUs.aspx and ask them for the website, phone number and/or address for the regulatory board for your state, then file a complaint against Banfield’s license in that state.

5. Write directly to the CEO of Banfield (or at least print and copy all of your complaints to all of the agencies above and mail a copy to: Dr. Scott Campbell, CEO, Banfield, The Pet Hospital, 8000 NE Tillamook Portland, OR 97213 Phone 800-838-6738 Fax 866-477-5120 email: scott.campbell@banfield.net

6. Post these instructions on every complaint forum and website mentioning Banfield that you can find on Google.

7. Remember there’s strength in numbers. If you’re not going to take the time to file a complaint then don’t take the time to post a complaint. Change only comes through efforts to make change.

8. Contact the CEO of PetSmart and let them know that you’ll NOT shop PetSmart until they kick Banfield to the curb. They are separate companies but who would want to support a store that allows another business to operate using such bad business practices while being inside their stores? Contact: Philip L. Francis, CEO, PetSmart, Inc., 19601 N. 27th Ave, Phoenix AZ 85027, phone 623-580-6100.

Had an Experience with Banfield Pet Hospital?

Comments

Red Bank, New Jersey, United States #1128678

Lost my best friend tonight. Benefield gave my dog medication that made him bleed to death within a span of 3 days.

I took me dog for 3 visits over the summer (to the tune of over $600).My dog has fear aggression, so they never even examined him!

Four weeks of antibiotics seemed to help, but 2 weeks ago he started getting sick again and whimpering in pain. Was able to sedate him enough that they could get blood, physical exam, and x-rays. However they screwed up all those tests. The doctor sounded genuinely confused.

About 20 minutes after I spoke to him, he apparently forgot that he spoke to me and called AGAIN and left me a message that he wanted to speak to me about the blood work. Now they've been calling me every couple of days because they want me to come in and REPEAT the entire $750 worth of tests-PLUS and ultrasound!!

And they think I'm *** enough to let them near my dog again??Where do I sign for the class action suit??...

#441978

I have been with Banfield for 2 years and have always made my payment when I called them to tell them that the vet hit my dog and he is bleeding her only response was well we have no control over the vets.WTF!

So I cancelled my account with them and now there telling me they are charging me for the last 4 months and since I am cancelling they are charing me an 50 dollars.WTF is wrong with these people.

These bastards want money off me and my precious pet is DEAD because of their negligence.

to Karen Hayes Bloomington, Indiana, United States #1104601

My Daughter is going through the same thing right now. They didn't listen and than sent her to another clinic,.....but yet they still want their money and that poor kitty died

im sorry but you cannot sue banfields due to your misunderstanding of wellness plans because you did not read them correctly.... like any contract you should read it thoroughly....wellness plans are not a scam they are an easy way to finance Preventative Care for your pet and they discount services on things not covered as explained to every client! not all banfields are the same so please do not link them together!!!!!!

Livingny

Please Please Please NEVER get a pet from a pet store!There are plenty of sites out there that have pure breeds needing rescue or if you're not picky plenty of animals who need rescuing.

ALL animals coming from a pet store are from puppy farms, the living conditions are horrific, they throw the dead animals in piles and breed the females until they're about dead. All the while they live in cages stacked from floor to ceiling. If we don't buy from pet stores it will put the puppy farms out of business.

Please buy from a breeder and see the parents and the place where the puppy lives, then you'll know whether the dogs are treated well and see the temperament of the parents of the puppy which will show how the puppy will be also.

Breeders really care about their animals and they really don't make a huge amount of money from breeding they do it because they love the breed and want to preserve the breed. The cost of breeding is expensive so they may break even or make a little but not much. Or if you know someone who had puppies by accident then get one from them but please don't go to a pet store! Check the sites online.

Just google for an animal you want, plenty of sites will pop up.

You'll see pictures and details on the animals' temperament, a lot of them are fostered and the foster family will answer any and all questions about the animal they are caring for while waiting for it to find a good home.Please help put the puppy farms...

I cancelled the joke of a wellness plan after my dog bailey bad an alllergiic reaction after his shots.I warned tbe vet that he would need prednisone first, they only gave him benadryl and they said they would monitor him.

Well, as soon as we got him home he was pantinb and his face was swollen. I rushed him back, they gave him meds, closed at seven and kicked us out. So we ended up at the er vet an hr later for further treatment and fluids. Please do yourself a favor and never ever take your beloved pet there.

I tried to tell the vet he had past history of severe hives and swelling and itching and all they.saw was dollar signs.

Who the *** takes that chance with a hyper allergic animal.How dare they put my baby thru that