Chantilly, Virginia

I used to take my pets to the Banfield location in North East Minneapolis (The Quarry). When I was 16 (2 years ago) I got my first dog. With a dog comes responsibility. My dad was trying to help me understand the responsibility I was given, so he guided me as sought out care for my pet. We regretfully decided on Banfield. We even more regretfully decided on a Wellness Plan.

Like I said, my dad was teaching me responsibility with my new pet, so when care needed to be authorized, my dad told me I should sign because it's my pet. We did the same with the Wellness Plan. We made sure to ask the Banfield staff if this was a binding contract to me, the owner, rather than my father, the person being billed. They told me it was not binding to me but that I HAD to sign because I'm the owner of the pet. So I signed.

Today, 2 years later, at the age of 18, I get a letter in the mail from a collection agency. So this bill was my responsibility the whole time. I had no idea, Banfield lied to my face, and now at the age of 18, I'm concerned for my credit. I've recently learned that you CAN NOT enforce a contract signed by a minor.

This company is money first, care second. As long as you sign on the dotted line they don't give a rats *** who you are or what your pet needs.

In the end the Wellness Plan turned out to be a big joke anyway. The only thing he ever needed was shot updates and flea/tick medicine (that was not even discounted with the "plan") They even injected my dog with shots he didn't need. Speaking to other vets they said most of what they gave my dog were things you would give them if you were taking them with you to a third world country, not to the fricken dog park down the block, like the lady said.

Avoid Banfield at all costs! The only love they have is the love for the all mighty dollar.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Comments

#820537

They cannot make a legal contract with a minor.That is the law,use it.It is illegal for them to do so.They are breaking the law.Lawyer up make them remove it from your credit report and get a nice settlement.Do not let them get away with breaking the law...It is there to protect you use it.

#820509

Seems to me all the replies are robotic and it's probably not even a person responding I've read several bad reviews already and all the replies are the same!!! I want to take my puppy there now I'm nervous about it!!!! WOW!!!

#820542
@Nunya

Find a small and honest vet please do not go there and risk your puppys life .Read all the reviews on them and judge for yourself.

Morreamanda93

Sounds like you had hoped you would NOT have a binding contract so that you could get vet care for free and then they would no be able to collect from you. You got medical care or medicine for your dog and now your mad that they are trying to get paid?? How awful for you. Sounds like your dad didn't teach you any real responsibilty at all.

Depending on were you live, vets recommend different vaccines--indoor dogs may need less than outdoor dogs, and it is always up to the owner what shots to get their pets. YOu can always say no, or we will get them later, and then check into and educate yourself about your dogs needs.

Blame, blame, blame. Take some resposibilty.

#820546
@Dianna

It was not a binding contract for it was illegal for them to make a contract with a minor.Knowledge is power.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi Mooreamanda93 – I’m sorry that the plan did not meet your expectations. I hear your frustration and would like the opportunity to further understand your concerns. I am hoping that you see fit to contact our Wellness Plan Relations Team at 866-894-7927 or WellnessPlanRelations(at)banfield(dot)net to see if there is any way we may be able to assist you. Thank you for taking the time to reach out and let us know, and we look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Most sincerely,

Lisa

Banfield Online Community Manager

#820539
@Banfield Pet Hospital

You should be very afraid banfield.You have broken the law.I hope this kid sues the pants off you.It is illegal to form a contract with a minor and you did just that.You sent it to collections damaging this kids credit.Your fake replies mean nothing.I really hope this kid is smart and lawyers up.