Tampa, Florida

I have been using Banfield for approx 2 years. I purchased their wellness plans for my cats..I have many. Everytime using the plan they advise to you to use for Discounts and such, I came out paying hundreds of Dollars... Example,, My cat hurt its leg...it was over 500.00 out of pocket.

I found a local vet suggested by the SPCA of Central Florida.. and Same problem different cat...107.00.

Banfield takes advantage of you every chance they get.

Want another example... My cat had blood going to the bathroom...Banfield..over 500.00 out of pocket.

I have a kitten with the same problem...yesterday went to the local ver 103.00 for the same problem as the other.

Another example...I had a cat with Crystals in his Urine...They charged me over 1200.00..Not including emergency trips to an animal hospital which wasn't under their control... The cat his since died however I was showing my bills to the local vet that I just started going to...for what was wrong with my cat..its shouldn't have been no more then 400.00.

I can go on for hours...My Point is Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!....I love all my 7 cats and would just about die for them...The Banfield office I went to knows this and took every advantage to take my money!

They are RIP OFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spend you money wisely folks...Its a bad economy

They have taken thousands of dollars..It got to the point when I didn't have the money to keep handing 500.00 dollars a wack..Instead of saying half the procedures they do are not needed..they say will we can finance it....BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

Joey31776- We appreciate your feedback, please remember that our Wellness Plans are preventative service including head-to-tail exams, vaccines, early screening diagnostics, consultations for proper nutrition, dental care and more. Since they are not insurance, they do not include treatment for unpredictable or abnormal conditions, however discounts would apply.

As far as pricing, just like human health care, pet health care can appear to be more costly for certain situations, tests or procedures such as surgery. This is due to the medical measures we have in place to ensure the safety of every pet we treat, such as pre-anesthetic blood work, which is required prior to any surgical procedure. Banfield strives to be competitively priced in the marketplace.

You'll find that many of the most popular veterinary products and services are less expensive at Banfield than at other veterinarians. At Banfield we enjoy hearing feedback from our clients, so to address any other specific concerns, and to help us improve our overall service, we would appreciate it if you would call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288, thank you.