Dayton, Ohio

Don't get me wrong, the doctors are great. It's the receptionist that irks me.

I think her name is Stephanie. Whenever I call and mention emergency, she has a knack for putting you on hold. Today I told her my doxie was having issues wagging his tail and I'm afraid it might be a spinal issue, she told me to make an appointment for 2 hours from now . It was getting progressively worse so I called again and told her I'm bringing him in as an emergency and she said I would still have to wait till the rest of the dogs get seen for the afternoon.

I am very angry. My dog is a family member and you just don't treat people that way

Comments

That is right many banfields are a one doctor hosptial. And if you are that worried and they can not get you in then you need to go to the emergency vet.

Banfield is NOT and emergency hosptital. They do NOT have the staff or equipment because they are NOT and emergency hospital. They would only be able to give pain meds, not going to be able to do emergency surgery. IF the docotor is in surgery.

What is she supposed to do leave the pet open for YOU.

And when and emergency comes in that can handle, there is an emergency fee because you are pushing other peoples appointments aside because again it is NOT an emergency hospital. :zzz

Really? You expect them to just shove aside other sick pets so your pet can be seen?

As mentioned, Banfield is NOT an emergency clinic. If you think the problem is something that can't wait a couple hours, then you need to go to an EMERGENCY FACILITY. People go to he EMERGENCY ROOM when they have an emergency. I can't just show up at my primary provider's office and demand that she see me right away and push back all her appointments.

You fail to realize that other people's pets have needs too, and they are family members as well. Your needs are not more important that everyone else's.

And a problem wagging the tail? That's not a critical life-threatening issue that needs to be addressed right away.

If your pet is always having emergencies, then maybe an Emergency hospital would better serve your needs. Banfield is NOT an emergency facility!

Plus some places only have one vet at a time, if that vet is in surgery preforming a spay or neuter your pet will have to wait.

Do you call your family doctor and expect them to drop and push all of their other patients to the side for you?

We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals has left your feeling this way. We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit. To address your specific concern, and to help us improve our overall service, we would appreciate it if you would call us at 877-500-2288 to discuss what happened.