Manassas, Virginia

I took my best friend (my dog) to Banfield because he was limping. I informed the vet that he was also extremely itchy all over as well and his skin was obviously bright red and raw-even bleeding in some areas from scratching.

I waited for over an hour in the exam room before the tech came in. I should mention that I did not have an appointment, but the gigantic "walk ins welcome" sign prompted me to bring him in since there were no appointments available when I called. The tech was very sweet and seemed geniunely concerned for my dog and was patient and very caring with him for his initial exam even though he was very rambunctious and nervous. (and he's a big boy) After she left to get the dr.-I waited another 20-30 minutes before he came in.

He looked at my dog's paw, all the while visibly irritated that my dog didn't want to keep still for him. Wow-isn't that just crazy? A dog who is nervous at the vet! He said the toenail wasn't broken, listened to him with his stethescope and said he needed to go work up an estimate.

He never even mentioned his skin or the fact that he was scratching like crazy right in front of him. he sent the tech back with an estimate for x-rays, medications and who knows what else that added up to over $400! No wonder he didn't come back in himself! After explaining I could not afford all this to the tech, the dr.

came back and said he could give my dog 3 days of pain medication and to check back next week and stated that obviously the skin is a "chronic" issue and that was it. I wonder if he himself was "chronically" itchy and limping if he would address it. Anyhow, after learning absolutely nothing about what could possibly be causing my dog's discomfort, I went to another vet where I found out he had a horrible staff infection. The limping was from chewing his paw raw because he was so itchy and uncomfortable.

He was given steroids and was 100% better in less than 2 days.

I would like to thank the tech who was so caring. As for the vet-I don't think this site allows the language I would choose to describe him.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Vaccination.

Comments

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi Anonymous - I\'m happy to hear that your dog is feeling much better! I\'m sorry about your experience at our hospital.

I understand your frustration and am sorry you and your dog went through such a stressful situation. After reading your feedback, we would like to speak with you directly to gather more information. We strive to provide exceptional customer service to our customers.

We truly appreciate your honest opinion about your experience with us. Could you please call our Client Advocate Team, toll-free, at 877-500-2288 or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com so we can help better understand what happened?Most sincerely,LisaBanfield Online Community Manager