Banfield Pet Hospital - Banfield gives unneccessary vaccinations which are at odds with the feline vaccine protocols
Banfield gives unneccessary vaccinations which are at odds with the feline vaccine protocols.
I had an indoor cat that they every year gave the FeLV vaccine to. Per established protocol only kittens or high risk (outdoor) cats should receive this annual vaccine as it is known to cause Sarcomas at the injection site (VAS). Needless to say at the age of 8 (we adopted her from shelter when she was 3), our cat got a sarcoma at the injection site, and even with surgery/biopsy was dead 6 months later (cancer metastified to lungs).
Another vet I took her to for examination right off the bat asked if cat was getting FeLV when he saw/felt the lump...I showed him the long list of Vaccines the cat received every year from Banefield, he said she should only should been getting an annual Distemper, and 3-yr rabies.
Its all about the money with Banfied. Steer clear of Banfield if you truly care about your pets, and want them to love long quality lives.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "My healthy 1 year old Bengal had escaped outdoors, and had twelve hours of diarrhea. I wasn't concerned, but my aunt called to see when we should be, if it..."
- "First Shield Flea Medication sold by Banfield Pet Hospital in Pet Smart is poison. I do Not use Banfield as vet for my animals, but sometimes purchased Front line flea..."
- "My dog, Dudu (that's 10 yo)fell off the stairs, he was really nervous at the time, he couldn't move his front left leg. I'm just 14 years old, so my..."
- "I ordered 2 dvds from FYE.COM when I received them one dvd case was broke. I emailed them and I'm going to post what was said by FYE. Recieved Dvds I received..."
- "Okay so I have an s5 through sprint and my case where my battery etc is. Has black marks on it. I sent them messages on twitter and they respond..."
- "I'm having an issue with the makers of Flonase. My doctor prescribed it for me for allergies. Well I used it as directed and I started noticing my nose was..."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."
- "I recently booked a Jetstar flight on eDreams.com. They sent me an email confirmation that said "The total cost of your reservation is $442.22. The details of the amounts charged..."