Featured Not resolved

Banfield gives unneccessary vaccinations which are at odds with the feline vaccine protocols.

I had an indoor cat that they every year gave the FeLV vaccine to. Per established protocol only kittens or high risk (outdoor) cats should receive this annual vaccine as it is known to cause Sarcomas at the injection site (VAS). Needless to say at the age of 8 (we adopted her from shelter when she was 3), our cat got a sarcoma at the injection site, and even with surgery/biopsy was dead 6 months later (cancer metastified to lungs).

Another vet I took her to for examination right off the bat asked if cat was getting FeLV when he saw/felt the lump...I showed him the long list of Vaccines the cat received every year from Banefield, he said she should only should been getting an annual Distemper, and 3-yr rabies.

Its all about the money with Banfied. Steer clear of Banfield if you truly care about your pets, and want them to love long quality lives.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of banfield pet hospital pet vaccination and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1000. Banfield Pet Hospital needs to "none" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned banfield pet hospital pet vaccination in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Had an Experience with Banfield Pet Hospital?

Comments

ANONYMOUS seems to defend Banfield on every complaint.How about giving your name and phone number if like Banfield so much.

I would like to talk to you and tell you what I think of Banfield (NOT MUCH).Banfield only cares about your money, they could care less about your pet.

I have had many cats in my life and I never had them get this shot.I know this is a bad cat disease.If the shot can kill them though i would rather take my chances.I had an indoor outdoor cat who lived to be 26.At age 16 I stopped all her shots.She did not hunt anymore then. Nowdays you can not trust anyone you have to reserch what would be right for your cat.I got online and read anything I could about the older cat.So when a vet would try to sell things i did not need for my cat i was educated about it.I would just say no.I am sorry you lost your cat,my heart breaks I know how it feels.When the pain is not so bad give another cat a try in your cats memory.

As a veterinarian for Banfield, I tailor my vaccines to the individual cat's lifestyle and adhere to the recommendations put forth by the American Association of Feline Practitioners.As a practice, our vaccine protocols follow the same guidelines.

I encourage owners to educate themselves on what their cat is at risk for. Unfortunately I have seen these tumors over the years, even in cats that have no history of receiving a FELV vaccine.

I am so sorry for your loss.Losing a pet is never easy.

Elk Grove Village, Illinois, United States #933301

I WONDER IF THATS WHAT KILLED MY CAT?WE ONLY HAD HIM A YEAR AND THEY KEPT INSISTING ON THIS SHOT.

THE CAT WAS UP PLAYING WITH ME FINE ONE NIGHT AND THE NEXT MORNIGN JUST DROPPED OVER.

HE WAS JUST OVER A YEAR OLD.I RESCUED HIM WHEN HE WAS 10 WEEKS OLD.

weloveparrots
to JACKID Camden, New Jersey, United States #945499

Yep, Banfield probably KILLED your cat, because as sad as it is, that's what they do, KILL pets!So sorry about your kitty.

Banfield killed my Pomeranian, Missy.So I know how it feels.

to weloveparrots #946579

i take all three of my animals( 2 dogs and a cat) and i have never had problems with Banfield.as a matter of fact i was close to euthanizing my 14y/o cat because of chronic vomiting and she was starting to loose so much weight.

after a few visit to banfield and trying a few lower cost option we finally decided to try a more aggressive route to see what was wrong and now a year later my cat has gain all her weight back and is healthier than ever.so no i don't think banfield intentionally did anything to harm your cat

now there is a chance that you cat reacted bad to the vaccine and that is what happened so it would be the vaccine the banfield

davis.linda13
to Anonymous #947860

I find that hard to believe.Those quacks most likely recommended Science Diet dry food, which, by the way is harmful to cats.

Cats should be on the raw diet or a high quality wet food.

Banfield jas proven over and over to vaccinate unnecessarily, and use products that are harmful to pets.Why not just admit you work there?

weloveparrots
to Anonymous Pennsauken Township, New Jersey, United States #958934

Yes, why DONT you admit you work there?The ONLY people that defend Banfield on here are Banfield employees.

The rest of us KNOW better!We had to learn the hard way!

to Anonymous Jacksonville, Florida, United States #1204387

To Davis.linda.13, I know the argument for raw diet.However Hills Science Diet is high quality pet food.

We have a Ragdoll cat that was skinny. Nothing we tried put weight on her. Then we tried Hills Science Diet Kitten formula dry food. She is now a healthy weight & doing marvelous.

It also did wonders for our two senior cats. I trust Hills Science Diet 100℅. Also I would highly recommend NutroMax can food for any male kitty that had crystals in their bladder. My oldest cat was having this problem almost every month.

I spent thousands in vet bills & very expensive prescription only cat food, which my cat hated. We tried the NutroMax Lamb & Turkey can food & he is doing great. Over 2 years now with no crystals in his bladder.

Hope this helps people with the same issues.Oh, btw, NutroMax is cheaper on Amazon.com