Banfield Pet Hospital - Banfield gives unneccessary vaccinations which are at odds with the feline vaccine protocols
Banfield gives unneccessary vaccinations which are at odds with the feline vaccine protocols.
I had an indoor cat that they every year gave the FeLV vaccine to. Per established protocol only kittens or high risk (outdoor) cats should receive this annual vaccine as it is known to cause Sarcomas at the injection site (VAS). Needless to say at the age of 8 (we adopted her from shelter when she was 3), our cat got a sarcoma at the injection site, and even with surgery/biopsy was dead 6 months later (cancer metastified to lungs).
Another vet I took her to for examination right off the bat asked if cat was getting FeLV when he saw/felt the lump...I showed him the long list of Vaccines the cat received every year from Banefield, he said she should only should been getting an annual Distemper, and 3-yr rabies.
Its all about the money with Banfied. Steer clear of Banfield if you truly care about your pets, and want them to love long quality lives.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "I just got a 12 week old Merle American Cocker Spaniel puppy a few weeks ago.I heard about the wellness program at Banfield Pet Hospital in Petsmart so I took..."
- "We started going to Banfield in April 2008....we took our oldest of three poms sofie there first. They did a dental and blood test on her. Everything was going ok..."
- "My healthy 1 year old Bengal had escaped outdoors, and had twelve hours of diarrhea. I wasn't concerned, but my aunt called to see when we should be, if it..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "908-561-8300 UPS South Plainfield, NJ I have 7 chairs taken to this store to be packed and shipped to me before Christmas and I still have not received them worst..."
- "Have been contacting Mobstub for over 2 months sending in pictures again and again. Have not received the correct pair of earrings ordered. Ordered 3 pairs of earrings, white gold..."
- "My husband purchased a logo from the Calvin Klein outlet store in Hagerstown, Maryland; on July 8, 2015 as an anniversary gift. The straps started to wear out the next..."
- "Okay my complaint is about Bearpaw and their warranty department. I bought the care kit with the cleaning/conditioner etc. I went to clean my boots & the cleaner/conditioner faded my..."
- "This isn't about the hospital part but for equipped for life... Went to equipped for life in Hagerstown, Maryland on May 3rd, 2015. We got sooo disrespected not once but..."