Simpsonville, South Carolina

Do not take your animal here!! All they're concerned with is selling you an expensive "wellness plan" and medicine that doesn't work.

I hadn't even had my pet seen by a doctor before they were trying to sell me health coverage for him. Here's what happened--My pet had a respiratory infection (a "cold"). I quickly realized that the 3 different types of medicine they prescribed were making him even sicker. i took him back to Banfield, but no one seemed to care that he hadn't eaten in days, was lethargic, and vomiting.

After telling them the medicine wasn't working, they just told me to "get creative" with what I feed him and then suggested that he get expensive x-rays, bloodwork, and hospitalization. That's when I immediately took him to a completely different animal hospital, where he was taken off of all the previous meds and given steroid and antibiotic injections instead. Within 48 hours of being taken off the Banfield meds, he was eating and returning to his normal self, no thanks to Banfield. Did I mention the new doctor charged me less than 10% of what Banfield had charged me for their treatment that didn't work??

If you are truly worried about your pet and don't have thousands of dollars to spend on treatment that doesn't work, take your pet anywhere else! The people there either have no clue what they are doing when it comes to veterinary medicine, or they know exactly what they're doing--making money.

Comments

Hi Anonymous - As I mentioned in your previous review, we would like to speak with you directly to gather more information. We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit.

To address your specific concerns, and to help us improve our overall service, we would appreciate it if you would call our Client Advocate Team 877-500-2288 or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com. Most sincerely, Lisa Banfield Online Community Manager