Marysville, Washington

Do not take your pets to Banfield. They try to get you in by offering free exams, but the truth is that when one of the doctors hear that your there for a free exam of your pet the doctors roll their eyes and will be very short with you unless you agree to spend hundreds of dollars on diagnostics or at least flea prevention.

Banfield likes to perform treatment that is not necessary and overcharge for it. The lead doctor spends most of her time, actually all of her time, on Facebook rather than with patients. Employees are overworked and expectations are unrealistic.

How can a hospital see 40+ patients in one day and provide the care that your pet deserves and needs. This company is all about money and not patient care.

Comments

I go to The Banfield Pet Hospital and the people are nice and the Vet is excellent with my puppy. The Wellness Plan Does help me out alot without it I wouldnt be able to afford to go to a private Vet that charges an arm and a leg.

I really like my Pet Hospital. You can't blame the hospital cause they hired bad people etc. Get new people hired.

I have never had a problem yet. What really sucks is I was told my hospital will be closing in January 2017, now what am I going to do pay out the *** for a private vet?

S.Wilder

I've worked at a Banfield practice before, and it...was....horrible! The veterinarian had an attitude to the point that he would choke the clients pets simply because they were refusing to be restrained.

It really hurt me to see the animal getting pinned down and nearly choked into unconsciousness. Then, the vet techs there do nothing but text and play games when they should be working.

On the day I got fired, they told me I was fired because a customer walked out on me when I was trying to explain to him the increased risk of vaccine reactions to small dogs since he had a dachshud. I don't see why anyone would want to work there if the staff have no compassion for animals at all!

Here's a great example of how horrible Banfield vets are. I have a dog which had a corneal ulver.

The vet gave me a gel based medicine and sent me on my way. 2 days later his eye expanded to twice the size, I took him to the emergency vet and they gave him plasma and a cone, and recommended I take him to the vet when they opened on Monday. When I brought him back, they wanted to take his eye out. I got a second opinion from an opthamologist.

She said they should not have given me the gel based medicine for a corneal ulcer and there would have been no reason to take the eye, other than to cut corners and overcharge me.

Now, fast forward 4 years. I have a friend who took his dog to another banfield. They gave him some meds, his eye got worse. He brought him back and they wanted to take his eye out as well (his eye was not near as bad as my dogs was).

My friend called us because he remembered something similar happening with our dog. I gave him the number to our opthamologist and he went in.

Now his dog has the correct meds and his eye is doing great! Don't ever take your dog to Banfield, they worry more about overcharging and overtesting more than they do about the correct procedures and diagnosis.

uplate

Are you a former employee? Have you ever seen a vet or vet tech use a dirty flea comb to purposely infect a pet with fleas or flea eggs?

anniem

If this is the same Banfield that is nationwide and operates under different names (leading you to believe you are dealing with a local pet hospital)...than I agree. They are nothing more than preditors...preying on unsuspecting people with sick animals.

They charge exhorbitant amounts for unnecessary testing and procedures. I have yet to meet anyone who, once they've been there, will ever go back.

As a former employee as a CSC at the Mckinney Banfield,TX off of 75N #0624 I could give examples where contacting Associate Relations will not help.

The CSC that was supposed to be training me spent most of her time telling me about how her husband was younger than she was, showing me pictures of him and others on her cell phone (a violation of Banfield regulations) dicussing how her mother-in-law and "younger" husband gave her their prescription drugs, once she even discussed how hung-over she was in front of the office manager--so this was acceptable behavior at this location discussing with the over-worked incompetent office manager was useless. Lack of proper employee safety training and standards ,such as lack MSDS sheets and multiple unlabeled products.

Even trying to take a 30 minute "lunch break" was discouraged by management.

Most of the employees at this store anyway seemed very unhappy and as posted by lots of other employees and former employees this seems the norm for Banfield

Needless to say I was not given proper training--no wonder so many of you customers think the people at the front desk (CSC) are rude they are untrained.. All BANFIELD wants is your money --never use Banfield pet hospitals and never work there, you and your pets will be better off..Trust me other private vets HATE this place because they give honest vets a bad name

The CSC that was supposed to be training me spent most of her time telling me about how her husband was younger than she was, showing me pictures of him and others on her cell phone (a violation of Banfield regulations) dicussing how her mother-in-law and "younger" husband gave her their perscription drugs, once she even discussed how hung-over she was in front of the office manager--so this was acceptable behavior at this location discussing with the over-worked incompetent office manager was useless. Lack of proper employee safety training and standards ,such as lack MSDS sheets and multiple unlabeled products.

I have applied for and hope to get a position with Banfield soon as a client care coordinator. Have been reading complaints and don't want to minimize your concerns but there is always another side to any story.

Having worked with animals most of my life I can assure you that for most part animal care workers do what they do out of love for animals. A deep sense of satisfaction that they can be kind to and make a pets Vet visit less traumatic. Don't judge an entire network of hospitals and dedicated employees by one bad experience. If you are not making a personal connection with staff at one Banfield perhaps you should try another location.

In my job search I've noticed Banfield locations are reasonably close to each other. Good luck!

I am sorry you are unhappy with certain aspects of your job at Banfield, and we encourage you to also address your concerns directly through the Associate Relations line. While we appreciate your feedback, we are limited in what we can do to address these concerns when submitted anonymously.

Banfield is a great practice with an exceptional support system for our hospital associates, and in order to provide the necessary support, we need feedback in a format that can be escalated appropriately. Again, we encourage you to call the Associate Relations line at 503-922-5153.

@Banfield Pet Hospital

Very interesting...just got hired as a CSC and have to say the training has been horrid at best. Would like to quit, but I need money.

Hopefully they will let me go so I can go back on unemployment, and do a better job of researching an organization before I apply. My bad :cry