Tacoma, Washington

Our dog ate some bird seed and was panting all night. Next morning I took her to Banfield - my vet wasn't there and the temp vet put her in a cage with an IV.

A hit by car dog came in and was yelping while my dog lay in agony - the bill for the fluids was $400. I picked her up at 5:00 and brought her home - she drank some water and began screaming. Her intestines ruptured and we tried to find an emergency vet in the dark. We got lost while our dog screamed all the way.

We finally found the emergency vet and she had to be put down. I do believe she could have been helped if taken to a proper veterinarian.

The emergency vet hinted at that. The experience was horrendously heart breaking - in fact I will NEVER forget as long as I live the agony and suffering she endured because of the stupidity at Banfield.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

I am so very sorry for your loss. Hopefully, your story will enlighten those in charge and make them realize that it really is about Pet care and not just profit. My prayers are with you.

Anon - I am so sorry for the grief and anguish you have suffered and will continue to for awhile. My dog died after a simple 'responsible thing for an owner to do' spay.

The vet denied any problem during surgery or post op (even though she was left overnight with no supervision. None.) "Frustration? "Not satisfied"? Are they f'ing kidding??

Even Banfield's response to you shows a lack of understanding your pain and the gravity of your pup's nightmare.

We need better legislation to protect our animals. I always think of the Carpenters song - the line "Bless the beasts and the children, for in this world they have no voice, they have no choice....."

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi, Anonymous-

I understand your frustration, and we apologize that you were not satisfied with your experience.

We strive to provide exceptional customer service, and when we don't hit the mark, we truly appreciate your honest opinion about your experience with us. When you are ready, could you please call our Client Advocate Team, toll-free, at 877-500-2288 to talk with us about what happened? Again, we are truly sorry about your experience.

Sincerely,

Lisa

Banfield Online Community Manager

Banfield can not handle any emergencies. They say they are a full service hospital but it is not true. I do not blame the vets as most of their vets are new grads and Banfield will burn them out in 1-2 years.