San Francisco, California

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you love your pet get their shots here but for anything else RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!

This place is a joke. I should have known better being that it is situated inside a pet store. We took our dog there and got him vaccinated and that was fine. I then made an appointment for my cat to be looked at.

He had been losing hair at the tip of his tail and there was no known reason so I figured that a VET would know. BOY WAS I WRONG. My cat ended up biting the tip of his tail the day of his appointment and instead of being seen for what the cause may be they took my cat and stopped his tail from bleeding. My husband took him and he tried to explain that the reason we brought him was because he was losing his hair on his tail.

The vet there said she had NO IDEA of what was wrong and did not look at him any further. I tried to talk to the vet over the phone, since I could not make the appointment to make her understand the initial visit and she said "I have other animals waiting." We all consider our pets a part of the family and the only thing I can say is that I hope she "the vet" is treated that way by her physician. We also asked for Advantage flea control and learned that they only sell First Shield. READ THE BACK OF FIRST SHIELD FOR CATS.

IT SAYS DO NOT PUT ON DOMESTIC ANIMALS, AGED ANIMALS OR ON SKIN. Funny thing, we paid $74.95 for this *** for a 12 year old cat. When I asked if I could return it, I was told no. I have not even opened it.

This place is a joke and a poor excuse for being called a pet hospital. It should be a vaccination clinic and that is it. They should not be able to do anything else other than that.

DO NOT GO THERE!!!!!! I PROMISE THAT THIS PLACE IS A JOKE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Vaccination.

Comments

I have been on the Banfield wellness plan for 2 years, and have had a monthly payment of about $25 a month for that time. This totals to $600 for the last two years of care for my one pet!

and that doesn't cover everything, I estimate that I have also spent at least $400 dollars AT BANFIELD to get medication, vaccinations, and other doggie needs. So look into what people pay on their pets. Its probably not that much for just medical needs in the first 2 years of ownership. I guess I figured that I was getting good care and deals on some things that were really expensive.

I was wrong. The quality of care at my local Banfield (Ann Arbor, MI) is horrible. I had an appointment at 9:00 for my dog, and he was not seen until 3:00 in the afternoon, after having to wait in their kennels. I had been shopping in the area during this time, since I didn't want to go home because the vet is not close to me.

I went by the Banfield at 2:40 to see if my dog was done. I was told he hasn't been seen yet. I was pretty mad at that. Even worse, they called me ten minutes later and told me that he was finished.

So, I have been paying hundreds of dollars every year so my dog can get 15 minutes of face time with the vet? vet visits run much cheaper than that. And good luck getting them on the phone. I have been on the phone for the last 30 minutes trying to set up my plan for nonrenewal.

This is the number specifically for billing and nonrenewal. I wonder why they make you wait so long, maybe some people give up and just continue to go to Banfield because they suck you in and don't let go. I would have stopped paying them months ago, but I was told that if I cancel, I owe them all the money I "saved" while on the plan.

This place is such a huge scam. Maybe some of the vets are OK, but I doubt the good ones would work for this awful corporation for long.

I know at the banfield I work for, firstshield has a 100% money back guarantee. If I were you, I would contact the banfield corporate office, and let them know that not only were you not satisfied with the product, but the hospital you bought it from would not return it for you. They would probably like to know if one of their hospitals was not following the standards.