Griffin, Georgia

I took my toy poodle to Banfield Sunday with an upset tummy. They did some initial tests found no parasites but wanted to do further tests. The initial "estimate" was $94.00 which seemed reasonable.

The doctor came in and check my puppy and said they needed to do an Iv for dehydration, xrays, led me to believe he may have "twisted intestines" so I had no choice on Sunday but to let them test.

The fial bill came to be $661.05!! When I picked him up after 5 hours, he was fine and has been fine ever since. All he needed was something for his tummy. They wanted him on a Prescription diet dogfood for a few days and I had to buy that separately,nor did they start him on any medication - told me to do it at home.

This place is a ripoff from the word GO. They obviously take advantage of people in their time of stress over their dog. I have written their Corporate office but imagine nothing will be done. The charge for blood work was $126+ - the dog weighs 3 lbs, how much blood could they have taken!

I will never take any animal to them again and will tell all I know to leave them alone. Emergency vets are more reasonable than this place is.

Comments

Well Rocky, I guess you got one of the only useful vets that work at Banfield. They are truley horrible and do pressure their clients into un-needed test and care, knowing the clients are venerable and concerened for their animal.

I also believe they came up with the scheme of selling the harmful FIRST SHIELD flea medication, knowing it causes horrible reactions, in hopes of getting a kick back from the money owners are having to pay for their pets recovery.

I Have Banned Pet Smart, because of Banfield and so have many of my friends and family. There horrible reputation is circling and karma's a *** for those who choose to use and abuse others.

Same here, took cat w/URI, all she needed was a shot and anti/bio. They wanted to do almost $700 in test first.

Didn't even clean her up. Found local vet, got cat healthy and cleaned up for $125, still a lot, but not the ripoff Banfield was looking for.

Ohh yeh Iv been here too, sorry you had to endure this. I got a plan, had a dog with simple skin infection $200 with plan, next visit back and neck pain $600 then another $30 for 10 days of carprofen for pain meds that never worked!!!

I called and talked to the vet said it was not working they wanted me to bring her back the next day for a new vet to look at her and charge me all over again!!!! They lied, vet said call if it didnt work? Said she would need this meds for the rest of her life in order to walk ect...so instead I drove my precious pet 90 miles to my hometown to a great vet and got one shot of dex. Its been 3 months and she is all better.

It took 30 min to make her better and walking again.

Vet said banefield had not given proper meds and that she didnt have "bone remolding" they called it aka arthritis she had a small fracture which had healed and she needed a stong anitinflammatory/steroid to heal it all up. Vet was right....banefild let my Sushi suffer for three weeks not eating and screaming in pain!

Banfield Pet Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. It’s our mission to provide our clients and their Pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit.

We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals was unsatisfactory. To address your specific concern, and to help us improve our overall service, we would appreciate it if you would call us at 1-877-500-2288 to tell us what happened.

Banfield's vet's wanted us to bring in our cat a second time to do what they should have done right the first time. You have to wait hours before theY finally get to you, and to top it off, they said it will take 6 to 8 months to send a refund CHECK that has been owed for months already.

They are AWFUL!

We will never take our cat to them again. PERIOD!!!

Candblittle,

You did not have to take all the test...these are recommended test. It is up to you as a pet owner to talk to the vet to see what you can try first before running all the expensive test.

I agree it can get expensive...my dog recently was bleeding heavily and the cause is still really unknow. She had to be put on IV and go to the hospital overnight for more IVs....total cost was almost 1200.00 but it was worth it. They wanted to do Xrays but I talked all our solutions out first with the vet to see what we can try first before incurring that extra expense. If you did not take the time to ask questions...you cannot blame Banfield for that.

Its just like you or your child(if you have any) your gonna talk it out with your regular doctor before spending a lot of money just on a hunch...at least I would hope so.

If not I guess you would be complaining on that too. Sorry, I use Banfield and think they are wonderful.