Tacoma, Washington

INSENSITIVE!!

I had been taking my little sweet chihuahua here since she was a baby, About a month ago she got sick and I took her in. They ran blood tests and I was given very horrible news that she was severely ill and to save her would cost thousands of dollars.

In giving me the news they were very cold and insensitive. I felt like they were treating me like a number, no compassion for my beloved pet. The doctor never even came into the room to introduce him/herself and tell me the full situation, I had different nurses the entire time. It was heart breaking.

When I had to make the terrible decision to put her to sleep they gave me some time to say goodbye. Less then 5 min!! Then as I was saying goodbye to Ruby my little chihuahua baby and making peace with myself and the awful decision I had to make, A nurse walked in took my little dog and said do you care if we dissect her for learning purposes? I was incomplete shock and disgust for the lack of insensitivity!!!

I was such a wreck already I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I called the next morning and told them I would no longer be going there and they sounded like they could care less. I would tell anyone one who loves their pet to not take them here!!!! They are a corporate business who's employees lack passion and love for the animals that come in!

The worst part is now I have to wonder what they did to my little dog after I left. It is an awful feeling =(

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

I, too, work for banfield as a petnurse. Neither I, nor any of the other staff at my hospital are insensitive when it comes to the loss of a pet.

That was one clinic.

I cry every time I have to euthanize a pet. I'm very sorry for your loss and I know how hard it was for you but Please don't stereotype us all based on your one experience.

I just wanted to comment on your article against Banfield. I am not sure where you are located but you should not judge ALL BANFIELD clinics.

The one i work at is caring and sentimental and goes the extra mile for all of our patients.

ALL of them. so please when passing judgement please be specific in your clinic

Do not link all Banfield employees in the same boat. Please do know that there ARE some of us who do have the passion for the animals the come in the door.

That there are those of us who DO weep when a pet is lost. A loss of a life is NEVER insignificant, whether it be a hamster or a great dane. The way it was presented to you is horrifying, and should never have happened.

I am so sorry about the loss of your animal, and it breaks my heart reading this. :(