Delray Beach, Florida

I took my cat in for annual vaccines. Also asked the vet at Banfield to look at his hind legs as he had not been jumping down from furniture the way he normally did.

I thought he may have hurt a leg. My cat was just over a year old, they did his blood work and said he was in perfect health. They put him under anesthesia to take x-rays. The found nothing but gave him an injection of a non steroidal anti-inflammatory anyway.

Five days later he was not eating and was breathing rapidly. We took him back in to have them look at him. They said he was fine and stable and we cold take him home. It was clear he was not fine.

3 hours later we rushed him to the ER vet. He told us he was in critical condition and it looked like possibly renal failure. The estimate for additional testing was almost $3000. The ER vet was not optimistic he would get any better.

We had to make the difficult decision to put him down. We found out later that a leading cause of renal failure in cats is giving a non steroidal anti-inflammatory after the use of anesthesia, which is exactly what Banfield did. We are heartbroken. We asked them to cancel the insurance we had on Milo but they refused.

They do not care about animals or people and are completely incompetent! I will never take another pet there and put there lives in danger by exposing them to Banfield's so called care.

Comments

Banfield in Deptford, NJ killed my dog, Missy with their negligence and young inexperienced vets. I am so sorry for your pain. Its been 7 months and I still cry every day for Missy!

I am so sorry for your loss ! They didn't properly fit my cat's e collar which resulted him suffering and having to be put to sleep ! I am also paying bills for this carelessness !

weloveparrots

So sorry about your kitty! I know how you feel because the Banfield in Deptford, NJ also WRONGLY killed my sweet, 6 year old Pomeranian, Missy.

Read her whole sad story at Banfieldkilledmissy.com

Please share on Facebook to help warn others of the dangers of Banfield vets everywhere. So many sad stories on here. They gave my dog oxygen she didnt need and stressed her out to the point it killed her. I repeatedly told them I didnt want it and they did it anyway.

When I went in, I had a happy alert dog. When I came out, I had a dead dog and they had the NERVE to hand me a bill for over $300. They can take their bill and shove it right upp their ***! I am NOT paying them another cent, ever!

Guess they saw my dog as an opportunity to rock me for hundreds of dollars not covered by my plan, like they have done many times before.

NOT this time!

Find us on FB by searching Banfield Killed Missy. Please post your cat's sad story everywhere you can to help bring awareness to what they are doing to these poor innocent pets.

I am in a similar situation where my cat seemed to get sicker having to take her to Bannfield. She died 10 days later from renal failure.

I too am stuck with an monthly payment even though she is deceased.

I found Bannfield to be very insensitive and callous through out the whole ordeal. They really do not care about pets or their owners.

Banfield should be shutdown! All these complaints warrant an investigation.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi wspost1979 - We are sorry about the loss of your cat, and our thoughts are with you during this difficult time. When you are ready, we would like to speak with you directly to gather more information regarding the care that your cat received at Banfield.

Could you please call our Client Advocate Team, toll-free, at 877-500-2288 or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com? Again, we are so sorry for your loss.

Most sincerely,

The Banfield Team

@Banfield Pet Hospital

While I have read horrid things about Banfield clinics at least you have the dignity to wish to address a complaint. The Vet who gave my sweet cat 68 mg of baytril to be taken orally daily and who knows how much in a shot has refused to speak to us since we initially contacted her at the end of August.

We now have to separate complaints the SVB and have had her served for civil court. We are thousands in debt and left with a little box of ashes and some footprints.

Sue them!!! You have another vet telling you what they did is wrong so do something.Then after all is said and done go to a kill shelter and adopt a cat and save its life.My heart breaks for you. I have 4 cats and if this happend to me i would for sure sue.Also list this vets name every where you can on the internet There are many more sites like this.Also contact your states veternairy board and file a complaint.Do not let this go or he will do it again to someone else.