11950 Pines Blvd, Pembroke Pines, FL 33026, USA

After treating my dog for several months and getting me to sign up for their wellness plan they diagnosed my 7 year old beloved dog with Diabetis, every time I went they changed the dosage, after 3 months they said we made a mistake she does not need insulin, only to have her go into diabetic shock, put her back on insulin. Then a few months later she started throwing up so concerned that I could not give her insulin I took her to Banfield, they never checked her blood glucose, and sent her home with an RX for stomach.

She felt a little better but by the weekend she was not doing good. Took her back in Monday morning and told she was in full blown Ketoacidosis. They kept her about 8 hours with an IV and charged me $900 and said I would need to find her overnight care. Which I did, the doctor at the new animal hospital tried for 5 days to save her, the damage was done and she died in my arms all because they never checked her blood glucose a week before.

I trusted them. They failed. Not even a word of condolences. I reported them to the State of Florida Vet Board and State Attorney General.

I have secured a lawyer. Do not take your pet here

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Banfield Pet Hospital Cons: Negligent vet who did not test my diabetic dogs blood.

Comments

Your story makes it sound like the dog was diagnosed with DKA several days after the appointment without a glucose check. With that disease the glucose could have been normal at the visit you are complaining about.

Also, diabetes is a VERY complicated disease.

Even with perfect management, a pet can die from it. Doubt a lawyer will touch this 'case'

@Anonymous

I am a lawyer! The state of florida attorney general is reviewing.

We will get our day in court.

It's not about the money. It's about the dog!