Tulsa, Oklahoma

A few days ago I took my five month old German Shepherd to Banfield to be neutered. Drop-off time for surgery at Banfield is between 7-8 AM.

So, i dropped off my dog Jäger and went home to get some more sleep, having been on Christmas break. I woke up around 10:00 AM with a call from Banfield saying I need to come to the hospital because my dog's kidney values were off and it could be dangerous. So, I freaked out and rushed to Banfield. When I got there, they put me in one of the rooms and my mother and I spoke with the doctor.

Come to find out the doctor was not the doctor I requested. The doctor they had operating on my pure bred, very expensive German Shepherd, was a call-in doctor because all the original doctors were off that day. To make a long story short, my mother and I were completely and utterly distraut. The doctor was telling us all these BS things that may be wrong with our dog.

We spent over $300 on urinalysis and other tests. Come to find out there were some discrepancies in the test and now they want him to come in to test again.

NO WAY IN ***. Stay out of Banfield, especially if you have a elegant animal.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

Banfield is in business for the money. They do not give your animal quality care as they are too busy getting as many animals through the system they can in a day.

They let our dog aspirate and die while the vet worked on another dog right next to the kennel he was in. These corporate entities will try to pay you off to shut you up so they can continue to take money from bank accounts and move as many animals through their system as they can. If you go to Banfield and have not had issues, you are lucky. Google stories and you will hear more negative than positive about their diagnosis and deaths.

If you love your animal take it to a vet that specializes in your breed.

Our dog was an English Bulldog. The vet that handled him that day was in over her head and did not know how to treat him.

All my dogs are pure bred and I wouldn't take them anywhere else but Banfield. I hav only good things to say regarding the care my dogs have received from the doctors and staff employed at the Banfield in Newnan, GA.

They all are very curteous and sympathetic to your animals needs. I have all my pets on Wellness plan and love it!

I would recommend Banfield Pet Hospital and their Wellness plans to anyone who asks.

all animals are elegant animals.

stay away from banfield regardless if your pet is a pure breed or not. they gave my cat, 8 year old that my daughter picked out from the Humane Society 7 years ago, an antibiotic shot for a scratch that she had gotten on her neck.

10 days later the scratch had become even more worrisome and she had become completely apathetic, unable to even eat without literally being spoon fed while lying in her little bed. It was seriously one of the saddest things I have ever seen. We took her into another vet in the area, a vet that is not part of a large chain but rather who owns his own clinic, and he was amazing. He correctly diagnosed her and almost 14 days later the change is miraculous.

It turned out she need a course of cortizone to help keep her from itching her neck until fully healed. He also suggested she change to prescription food that has made a world of difference.

Oh, and I should mention his appointment fee is $49 compared to $61 at Banfield. In fact, the cost over 11 days for 3 visits, a 15 days prescription for cortizone, three x-rays, and month's supply of A&D prescription for food for our cat was $254 compared to the last visit at Banfield which included one antibiotic shot was $164.

We apologize that your visit to one of our hospitals has left you feeling this way. Thank you for providing this feedback and for bringing this to our attention.

We are currently unaware of this situation and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly to gather more information. Please give us a call at 877-500-2288.