Springtown, Texas

Our beloved Chippie was killed by Banefield!!! We took him to two Banefield Pet Hospitals one in Conn> and the other in Hurst Tx he was dx with two different illnesses and we spent over 700.00 they r only there to jack up the charges on there little computers and if u cant afford anything they say the dog needs to go so he dies.

He had worms one time though none were ever found in his stools and then he got sick in less then week again we tool him again for vomiting and diarrhea though all his blood work came back great and all xrays from his stomach were great he died in less then 24 hrs. They r careless and all it is about running that bill we r in the process of suing its worth it they lied used our Chippie and abused him the story is to long to tell but PLEASE do not take your pets there KILLERS KILLERS we r organizing a protest in front of there hurst texas clinic to let people know they r killers...

Comments

catlover981
#520530

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Please know that you did nothing to cause this.

Please do not blame yourself!

we trust those who are we believe are experts. Peace to you.

Kudos to you for leaving Banfield. My sincere hope is that you have found employment with professionals who are efficient and motivated towards the health and caring of pets.

We are on the same page when it comes to the topic of worms. There was no misinformation in my original comment but it stemmed from a lack of information in the original complaint.

Eggs may very well have been detected by the staff, but this complaintant did not see any visual evidence, and I jumped on it from there. I apologize.

No I don't work for Banfield. Used to, but left because I was unhappy with the level of care and customer service they provided.

I was merely addressing the misinformation in your original comment. A lot of people don't understand the fact that a dog can be infected with intestinal parasites without seeing them in the stool.

Some eggs and larvae do indeed lie dormant within a dog's intestinal system and do not pass until they become active, whether from stress or pregnancy, etc. The dog will not present symptoms.

That is why a stool sample is collected. These eggs lie dormant within the INTESTINAL tract and will be detected *microscopically* in the STOOL rather than visually, but they ARE detectable and the dog should then be de-wormed.

You must work for Banfield. Let me guess, you're one of their veterinarians.

It is absolutely possible to have intestinal worms without seeing them in the stool. First of all, not all worms pass in the stool.

Their EGGS are passed while they live in the intestinal tract.

Second, it is possible to be infected with parasites that do eventually pass in the stool but not yet see them in the stool because of what life stage they are in. There are many different types of intestinal parasites and you absolutely CAN be infected without seeing them in the stool.

I can understand the first mistake taking your beloved Chippie to Banfield CT the first time, I mean how would you know? But when you took him to the one in TX, well you're going to have to accept responsibility for that one.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. One Banfield wasn't enough?

How in the world does a dog have worms, but nothing in the stool. These people are evil.

I'm truly sorry for your loss. That's such a horrifying experience you had to endure.

I work for Banfield in Virginia as a tech and can completely understand why you were so upset. Please know that unfortunately, things can occasionally go wrong in surgery, just as it can with people. There really is no such thing as 'routine" surgery. There can always be complications and believe me, when something does go wrong, we are deeply affected.

We are there because we truly love pets. It seems that no matter how hard we try to explain the wellness plans and and how they differ from pet insurance, there seems to be a gap in communication. There are charges for medications and services not entailed in the plans. I cannot speak for the staff of the Banfield you went to since I was not there and do not really know how they handled your case or how well the wellness plan was explained to you.

If you could perhaps tell me any lack of communication there may have been, I would really be interested to know so I may share it with my staff to make sure we never make that mistake. I will say that I have been with Banfield for six years and the doctors and techs that I've worked with have been exceptional. However, there is always room for improvement and there are always new things to learn, so any input is appreciated.

Again, I'm so sorry for your terrible loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.

March 21st we took our daughter's one year old Bishon to be spade. We have been on a well-ness plan that was sold to us for that very reason, yet the charge was $153.02 more.

Mia, our dog was in terrible discomfort for the first two days following the procedure and the pain medication was gone. I returned to get more and of course it was another charge. The tech there said it was a long surgery because they "Lost", one of the ovaries and it must have move back up inside on her and she might have to go through the operation again. She seemed much better yesterday, March 26th, five days out, then burst open during the night, spilling her intestines and other organs.

I push them back inside her and rushed her to Banfield at 7:00 am. No Doctor of course but the tech called an emergency clinic several miles in traffic away. They took one look at her and said you will have to put her down. The Euthanasia was another $75.

So now it is 3:00 pm March 27th and my eight year daughter will be hurrying home to find out about her dog. Banfield sucks!

First we want to say how sorry we are for the loss of your pet. After reading your feedback, we would like to speak with your mom directly to get more information.

We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit.

We apologize that your mom's visit to our hospital was unsatisfactory. To address her specific concerns, and to help us improve our overall service, we would appreciate it if she would call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288 to tell us what happened.