Edison, New Jersey

Our dog had an, lets say, abnormality. The vet said don't have surgery unless it becomes a nuisance. So 12 months go by, it is now a nuisance and surgery is needed. The vet we saw, different than the first one who said don't have the surgery, said that this should have been taken off months ago. Fine. Lets have the surgery. So after the surgery for the next week, we have to bring him in every day to have the dressing removed. Every time we go in we ask them to show us how to do it. Their response: "…we can't let you see..", and "...he could lose his leg…" Total BS. We went away for a few days. During our vacation and brought the dog, we thought it would be a good idea to see a vet. We take the dog to the vet, and the vet is not happy with what he sees. He shows us the wound and it looks like the dog was butchered. A big chunk of skin and flesh just gone. I could have done a better job at it.

Week three after surgery, we bring the dog in to have them replace the dressing. Now they want to charge us $30 bucks every time we come in. We said no, we'll do it ourselves.

For may years I have thought Banfield to be a racket, now this proves it. They take your money every chance they get, butcher your pets, a member of your family by the way, and set themselves up to look like heroes. And the one vet that we saw, couldn't look me in the eye to talk to me about anything. In my opinion,if you want to loose your pet or put him or her through pain and suffering, take them to the Butchers of Banfield, they'll fix you right up.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

I had a Cocker that had a lesion on his neck that had to be surgically removed. After his surgery he could never wear a collar again, because it would get yucky & sore.

It wasn't biopsied. I knew it was cancer, but as long as he was happy we let him live his life as a normal happy dog.

Two weeks ago at age 14 I had to put him to sleep as the cancer had spread & it was to the point his quality of life was poor & it was the best thing I could do for him. Hope your dog's leg heals quickly & doesn't require any more surgeries.

Plz provide more details. What abnormality?

Where was the lesion? What precisely was the diagnosis?

Was the lesion biopsied? How old is ur dog?