Saint Louis, Missouri

The other day while I was at work, my fiance was outside with dogs enjoying the day. With no indication of trouble prior to this, my dachshund yelped and then started dragging his hind legs.

My fiance freaked out and asked me what he should do. I told him to get Dach to the vet ASAP and I'd call and let them know he was coming. When I called, they told me "NO," I couldn't bring my dog in because they only had one doctor on staff that day and the person was heading into surgery. They said I could drop him off and someone would get to him when they had time.

I asked if I should take him to an emergency hospital and they said "only if you think it's an emergency." Hello...my dog's back legs stopped working. Is this not an emergency? So, I looked online and put in the search bar "dachshund leg not working" and the first thing that comes up is "get your dachshund to a vet immediately...do not wait because time is of the essence." So...Banfield tells me to only take him in IF I think it is an emergency. Do you think perhaps they don't know what they are doing and their staff is untrained?

They should have insisted I get him somewhere even if they could not take him. I did take him somewhere and my Dach had to have surgery on his spine. Stay away from Banfield Pet Hospital. You will pay too much for NOTHING!

They are complete jerks!

I've had issues with them in the past but this takes the cake!

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi, Dachy10 -

I'm sorry to hear your experience at our facility was not positive, and I hope your dachshund is doing well after its surgery. I hear your frustration and would like to work with you to address your concerns. If you are willing, would you please consider calling 877-500-2288, the toll-free number for our Customer Advocate Team?

Sincerely,