Portland, Oregon

I recently took my two dogs to Banfield Pet Hospital for dental cleaning which is covered by the Wellness plan. Teeth extraction is not covered however.

Both of my dogs needed extractions according to their doctors. My 14 year old needed nine teeth extracted and my 6 year old need 3 extractions. This added up to $1050 which was not covered by my insurance.

They seem to be sales people who tell you you need additional services not covered and get you to agree to them. Of course you do because your dogs are your babies and your companions for their life.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Comments

It is not pet insurance. the wellness plans are preventative care plans that provide your pet services that each pet needs.

Every pet can use a dental cleaning, therefore a dental cleaning is included. Not every pet needs extractions, therefore extractions are not included.

Just the same as if you have a diabetic pet. A glucose curve is not included in every PREVENTATIVE plan, because not every pet is diabetic and on insulin.

Its not insurance. It's a preventative care plan.

It's all the things your dog would need in a year combined into a bulk rate.

You also get free vet consultations and highly discounted meds. So far it's saved me $2576 dollars this year between my to dogs.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi 2729 - Thank you for letting us know, and I'm sorry that you were not satisfied with your experience. We try to provide affordable care while doing a thorough job to take care of your two dogs. To address your specific concerns, we would appreciate it if you would call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288 or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com.

Most sincerely, Lisa Banfield Online Community Manager