Everett, Washington

I got home one afternoon and my kitten Kam was acting odd (drooly and lethargic). I took him to Banfield of Everett, which is close to my house and has been giving Kam his vaccines.

After waiting nearly two hours, a technician came out to tell me Kam had a broken jaw. I never once spoke to a doctor during my visit. I was told by this technician to go immediately to an emergency veterinary clinic and look into surgery, as he was in a lot of pain and no pain medication had been given yet. I was very shocked and hysterical; this is not what I was expecting at all.

I was too upset to realize that 1) I never got to speak with a doctor 2) a broken jaw wouldn't have made sense, he had been eating only a few hours prior and there was no blood, and 3) Why had there been no pain medicine if he was in the excruciating pain I was told he was in?

I followed their recommendation and took him to an ER vet, paying ANOTHER few hundred dollars (on top of what I had paid Banfield). He was absolutely fine they found nothing wrong with him at all except his teeth are coming in. They gave him a pain injection and he was completely fine-back to his old self.

When I called Banfield after the incident to discuss how horribly traumatizing this experience was (I was considering euthanizing him or giving him away if I couldn't afford surgery), the Dr. I spoke with was not understanding, kept cutting me off, and was condescending.

Apparently, I can't even cancel my wellness plan with them without paying a large fee.

I am beyond frustrated, and have tried several avenues to reconcile with them, to no avail. My only option at this point is to make others aware of my experience and hope to steer people away from this company so they don't experience what I had to experience.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

• incompetent veterinarian